FIFA 10

I really need to start playing more people, you do get a good game online if you play against somebody above the age of 12.

i seriously cannot see what people are moaning about...perhaps i'm the lucky one with the bug-less copy

every game i play fifa 10 it's a joy...i only play online, never been one for Manager Mode or playing the computer

only thing that gripes is unless i'm playing a pal online I end up playing barcelona over and over again

fucking love it when somebody selects a championship team etc

earlier i was west ham and i beat man utd 1-0 at old trafford.....felt great

come back down to earth straight after though when i got beaten 5-2 when i was benfica against barca

Last edited:
Agreed with Liger, playing games like Fulham v West Ham, or games like Napoli v Udinese are joyful games to play! When you get twats who play as Chelsea all the time now with big Drogba pushing everybody off the ball who ruin the game.

It's by Wepeeler?
He's just as bad... I hate those people who post loads of videos just to try and show people how good they are...
If you score a nice goal on MANUAL, by all means show us, as it was actually an achievement, but assisted with 5* teams... fuck off :FAIL:.

WHY ARE THE HEADERS SO SHIT IN THIS GAME?!
Defensive headers aren't too bad, I can generally connect with them and send them a fair distance... but headers at goal are a completely different story.

I've hated them since the demo and it's no different now - I've tried everything, i've even done practice matches with no defenders, but 99% of the headers are piss-poor efforts which skim off the players head or go miles high/wide.
Very occasionally you get a decent header, an even more rare site would be someone running onto it and powering it in (like in brunnoce's vid).

Don't just say "it takes skill, you must be crap at them", there is something seriously wrong with them if I and everyone i've played online have the same problem.
Heading isn't such an art in real life that only a select few should be able to pull off to a good standard in FIFA - i've scored many headers in real life, it's not hard to do...

I've tried pressing the button early, mashing the button, using the manual pass/through ball instead, pressing it when I should jump (which others have said you should do, but I know when you should jump for a header and this isn't the solution), pressing it late, using super-cancel etc... nothing works.
Oh, and the standing volleys are crap too, hardly any power.

All that plus the utterly awful crossing makes wing-play almost pointless - not good considering that I play as a winger so i'd like to play there effectively with my VP, but I generally have no impact on the game if I try getting to the byline and whipping crosses in like wingers should, most of the time I have to cut inside or play it simple, not really what a winger should have to do...

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't get my head around the headers either. Sometimes I think I've clicked it and then I realise I really haven't. I've seen some stunning headers - which looked so realistic I couldn't believe it... but it seems that if you are being opposed by a defender that you are screwed. Bugs aside, this is my only real problem with the gameplay.

I am playing as le Arse, which is a huge problem when it comes to headers of course... but still.

I dunno. I sort of feel like it's going to click suddenly.. but still. I don't see what was wrong with FIFA 09's (though I think the physics on the headers are better now).

I played one guy who stuck two headers and a volley past me - on manual - so.. I dunno!

As for Hjerpseth's video? He's incredibly skilled.. both on the pitch and off... great video.. technically.. but I hate his mentality. It's so incredibly self-serving, so incredibly arrogant. He doesn't care about football - but that's what I'm starting to feel about the FIFA community. God I'd like to castrate half of the EAUK forums.

Last edited:
@ C U Next Tuesday - Yup. He uploaded countless vids of him doing rainbow flicks with Owen Hargreaves online as if that was a good thing.

i seriously cannot see what people are moaning about...perhaps i'm the lucky one with the bug-less copy

every game i play fifa 10 it's a joy...i only play online, never been one for Manager Mode or playing the computer

only thing that gripes is unless i'm playing a pal online I end up playing barcelona over and over again

fucking love it when somebody selects a championship team etc

earlier i was west ham and i beat man utd 1-0 at old trafford.....felt great

come back down to earth straight after though when i got beaten 5-2 when i was benfica against barca

Bug-less copy? Wow. That has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

The Fifa team are clearly struggling to make Fatigue more noticable and effective so like you I think they should get rid of the pressing button. People exploit it and it damn right annoying playing against people who use it non stop.

I honestly don't think that they've done anything to make fatigue more noticeable. I distinctly remember Rutter saying that it won't be possible to press for the full 90 minutes and that continuous pressure will actually hurt you more than help as it will actually take proper timing to get the ball off of someone. I would say that he might not have been entirely truthful with his response but let's not beat around the bush...he fuckin' lied.

The mere fact that I've heard people from a number of different message boards say, in the same breath, "I absolutely hate soccer, but I love FIFA," pretty much tells you everything that you need to know. Removing pressure (which they NEED to do) would make the game far less easy to play.

WHY ARE THE HEADERS SO SHIT IN THIS GAME?!
Defensive headers aren't too bad, I can generally connect with them and send them a fair distance... but headers at goal are a completely different story.

I really like the headers. I feel that I win most of the balls I "should" win, and can put the ball where I want to. The key for me at least, is to always use the jockey button, regardless of the situation. I always feel that when I forget it, the heading is crap and very rarely goes where I want to. Secondly, releasing the button when I want him to take the header, having it pushed down before, is where the timing bit comes into play.

And I agree with defensive headers being easier to pull off, they lack the need of timing and I guess that's a good thing because otherwise we would see too many bad headers in defence.

I really like the headers. I feel that I win most of the balls I "should" win, and can put the ball where I want to. The key for me at least, is to always use the jockey button, regardless of the situation. I always feel that when I forget it, the heading is crap and very rarely goes where I want to. Secondly, releasing the button when I want him to take the header, having it pushed down before, is where the timing bit comes into play.

And I agree with defensive headers being easier to pull off, they lack the need of timing and I guess that's a good thing because otherwise we would see too many bad headers in defence.
I always use the jockey button, been a habit of mine since FIFA 08. I'll try what you said about releasing the button when I want to head it though.

I still don't think having such a complex system to head at goal is a good thing, especially when the the defender can do the same thing in the other direction so much more easily and when there is nothing in the instruction manual or in-game commands list to tell you of the changed system.

P.S. - Did anyone else know there's a free "store boost" for your VP in the box, underneath the instruction manual? I havn't used it but I bet a lot of people online have...

Last edited by a moderator:
Finding it hard to love this at the moment 2vAI is far harder than 09 and the little niggles I have with player responses and strikers slowing down and always wanting to come back slightly to pick balls up allowing the defence to catch up has me bashing pad to head at times.

But last night my MM did the good old sell your players without you knowing and low and behold it was my two top strikers for sod all money, still battling on but my team is recked... :RANT::BRICK:

P.S. - Did anyone else know there's a free "store boost" for your VP in the box, underneath the instruction manual? I havn't used it but I bet a lot of people online have...

I didn't know about it until I saw people talking about it on the EA forums, didn't know where to find the code though :)

No use for me right now, my VP has been reverted to right back until I've unlocked the giant throw trait with him :)

I think someone posted this a while back but I really think this is something the Fifa team need to look at.

On NBA2K10:

Obviously, veterans of NBA 2K9 or any other basketball game will wonder about the on-court experience, which is quite fast paced and, for the most part, plays well. One of the most immediate changes that have been applied to the game, regardless of whether you're playing offense or defense, is a revamped turbo, or sprint system. Previously, you could hold down the right trigger (R2 button) to sprint up and down the court, gaining an extra boost of speed as long as you held the button without a fully realistic sense of how burned out your guys would become running up and down the court play after play. 2K10 now adds a new energy system beneath your players, which indicates how long they can continually sprint to push the fast break or get back for that last second defensive play to deny an opponent an easy shot. This bar goes in one of two stages: once you deplete your yellow bar that indicates your sprinting energy, you start to burn off a player's stamina.

Back
Top Bottom