FIFA 10

Another rule for manual players to use - Don't play people who have a 5* team as their favourite team, I know it's a generalisation but most of the time they are not proper football fans. I've had some really good games against people who support smaller teams whereas the ones with bigger clubs usually end up being double-sprint-pressure-lob-fests...
Me and you had a decent match yesterday, well played

FIFA already has that stamina/fatigue system..........

Exactly what I was thinking. What's the difference? FIFA has done this perfectly IMO.

Does anyone here know if its possible to play for two different teams online on Pro Club Championship?
I mean, can I make my own team but at the same time join someone else's?

So what skill level are people playing on? So far I've played on professional with all manual controls, anyone tried legendary? :)

:LMAO:

I've tried it and I play full manual and I think the CPU plays the ball a lot quicker and doesn't always try to get it down the wing and cross it. Still pretty damn hard though to create a chance.

I changed the team tactics for all generic Championship teams so that helps add variety as they do play to their tactics, the problem with World Class/Legendary in previous Fifa was that they no longer play to their attributes and instead become godlike to win by cheating.

I changed the team tactics for all generic Championship teams so that helps add variety as they do play to their tactics, the problem with World Class/Legendary in previous Fifa was that they no longer play to their attributes and instead become godlike to win by cheating.

Maybe you're just not good enough for those levels.

Shame really you're missing out.

but it doesnt seem to be effective. players do not appear to slow down or get tired!

do you notice it when you play?

I certainly notice players being slower when fatigued, but one of the things that stands out to me (and it may be my imagination), but passing becomes sloppy (on semi) and skill moves/shooting become harder to do.

Personally, I think there is a fatigue system and whilst it may not be glaringly obvious, I feel like its ticking away under the hood.

I do

Although i've started switching Shooting on semi because i'm sick of missing so many guilt edge chances.

Funnily enough I did exactly the same as my league form was suffering and I was wary of getting fired, I'm now 2nd in the league, if I do get promoted I think I'll try your suggestion and bump it straight up to Legendary, just hope I don't get fired when I'm relegated beating Derby's points record ;)

Funnily enough I did exactly the same as my league form was suffering and I was wary of getting fired, I'm now 2nd in the league, if I do get promoted I think I'll try your suggestion and bump it straight up to Legendary, just hope I don't get fired when I'm relegated beating Derby's points record ;)

Defo

It's just the more space to play in and cpu making more mistakes that makes it play so much better.

Maybe just try a couple of cheeky exhibition matches to try it out and see if it's for you.

but it doesnt seem to be effective. players do not appear to slow down or get tired!

do you notice it when you play?

I can't keep pressing the run button during a whole match, so the fatigue exists. Especially while playing Clubs.
When I play DM I try to keep my position most of the match to keep my stamina if we need to score during the last minutes. I can't participate to all attacks but I know it can make a huge difference with players that never stopped running. They are slow, I'm not.

Players get slower, and can't accelerate anymore but it doesn't really affect the way they play, or make mistakes.

Just played a person online they were barca (shock) I went my Wolfsburg 5-0 by 60 mins he quit lol the quiet satisfaction

edit - why is live 2.0 not updating, were about 3 game behind

I can't keep pressing the run button during a whole match, so the fatigue exists. Especially while playing Clubs.
When I play DM I try to keep my position most of the match to keep my stamina if we need to score during the last minutes. I can't participate to all attacks but I know it can make a huge difference with players that never stopped running. They are slow, I'm not.

Players get slower, and can't accelerate anymore but it doesn't really affect the way they play, or make mistakes.

Yes in clubs I have noticed my player gasping for air on corners or free kicks and he does run slower. Guess the problem some of us is the whole pressing issue. It just seems like players can do it for 90mins in multi-player games without being punished enough. More gaps should appear if my opponent is chasing me down for the whole game..

I think its pretty good. You end up having players not returning to their positions and it opens up the game the further it goes on. Skill/Passing etc does get sloppy as PB said.

I really like the headers. I feel that I win most of the balls I "should" win, and can put the ball where I want to. The key for me at least, is to always use the jockey button, regardless of the situation. I always feel that when I forget it, the heading is crap and very rarely goes where I want to. Secondly, releasing the button when I want him to take the header, having it pushed down before, is where the timing bit comes into play.
I tried the thing about holding the button, and in my first (and only) game today I scored two very nice headed goals in a 2-0 win... The second one was especially good with Chamakh, I got a free kick out wide on the left, I got Gourcuff to take it right footed and bend it in towards the back post with top spin, Chamakh runs in and nods it in with the keeper flat-footed... looked awesome.

Hopefully this wasn't just a coincidence, I moaned about them after my last game last night then first game today score 2 :P.

On the issue of stamina... They need to make the consequences for constant sprinting/pressure more than just your player being able to sprint for shorter periods when they are fatigued. They should make players get cramp (and have to go off), only be able to jog at the most, not hold their position, be almost useless on the ball and weak/late in tackles.

You see players sprinting everywhere online for the whole 90 minutes, it's unrealistic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the shorter the bar gets, the slower you should actually run. With maybe a new stat that determines how much of an effect you stamina has on your sprinting speed over the course of a match. A bit like the Mentality stat from PES. So lets say your Mentality (we'll call it that for the example) was 67, having your stamina reduced to a quarter would mean your sprinting speed would drop by 10 points, where as players with 97 for Mentality would only drop 3 sprinting points when they've also got a quarter of stamina left.
Cuz most players would naturally slow down over 90 minutes but then there are some like Ronaldo who can be 20 minutes into extra time after the score is level and they'll still be able to run the length of the pitch in full speed to get on the end of a counter attack.

I tried the thing about holding the button, and in my first (and only) game today I scored two very nice headed goals in a 2-0 win... The second one was especially good with Chamakh, I got a free kick out wide on the left, I got Gourcuff to take it right footed and bend it in towards the back post with top spin, Chamakh runs in and nods it in with the keeper flat-footed... looked awesome.

Hopefully this wasn't just a coincidence, I moaned about them after my last game last night then first game today score 2 :P.

Keep moaning then :P

On the issue of stamina... They need to make the consequences for constant sprinting/pressure more than just your player being able to sprint for shorter periods when they are fatigued. They should make players get cramp (and have to go off), only be able to jog at the most, not hold their position, be almost useless on the ball and weak/late in tackles.

You see players sprinting everywhere online for the whole 90 minutes, it's unrealistic.

I think cramp is a bit extreme - but the effect should be much more drastic. They should become worse at everything - more likely to be injured - bring back injuries into the online - more likely to make a clumsy tackle.

I see very few people make substitutions. I use Arsenal with Arshavin and Rosicky on the wings - two players who should have relatively low fatigue in a high-tempo position - and they only become almost unusable in the last minutes of ET.

Then again - I don't pressure much. In fact, I fall back off players a lot, more than most people, and rarely pull a winger into sprint back and tackle.

I think the main issue is that accelerating should take more fatigue. Accelerating up to speed should take a lot more of your fatigue than just keeping up at that speed (Newtonian physics) this would mean that the constant pressure tactics were further dealt with.

At the moment, high pressure tends to mean lots of short bursts of pace, rather than running down the line fast for a period of time.

The main issue is the inability to simply knock a ball past a charging defender, and the automation of their movement.

But why do you think people like NBA 2k over Live?

I'm assuming that this was directed at me. While 2K can have it fair bit of cheese as well, everything about it, from the presentation to the player likenesses, commentary, association mode options, everything, is leaps and bounds above anything Live has to offer. Live is arcadey but it's also just really, really bad as it concerns all of those aforementioned aspects of the game. I still know some people that play it though.

Of course everyone that I've heard saying "I hate soccer, but love FIFA" are American like me but simply don't know shit about soccer/football and thus think that what they saw and were able to do in FIFA 09 and 09.5 is accurate. Just check out the Operation Sports website and look at all of the complaints about Madden 10. Now ask a guy from England what he thinks of it and unless he's a diehard American football fan (which he probably isn't) he's not gonna understand half of the complaints that people have on Operation Sports. This same thing has been happening since FIFA 09 when they shunned realism in favor of fun and Americans, I think, are seriously contributing to the increase in sales (that and just and overall storm of hype).

Can you explain about 'holding the button', which button do you mean? And can you explain the whole technique because its something I want to improve on.

Hey has anyone else noticed a certain ref in FIFA10?

ref1.jpg

Just picked up FIFA 10 on the iPhone. Overall it's quite enjoyable, still not as intuitive as XSFootball/XSSoccer mainly because it doesn't have a cross function and I prefer the mapping of the buttons on the screen in XS. However it has a huge range of teams (even though the kits are wrong for most) and the general presentation is pretty decent. It also has a dumbed down Manager Mode (which has a training mode built in) and wifi play, which will keep you coming back to play it.

The funny thing is, the player switching is actually a lot better than the next-gen version :LOL::CRY:

1-on-1 shooting SUCKS bigtime.

You miss 80% of the time. Either straight at the keeper, or 1cm wide of the post. Scripted as fuck!

Back
Top Bottom