FIFA 10

You dont have to chip the keeper!? If you're playing with a mate just decide beforehand not to do it unless it would be realistic. There's plenty of other ways to score goals in this game.

Me and my mates had the cutback banned everytime we played PES6:))

Double-Tapping Y or Triangle to stop the keeper coming out seems to work ok if you're quick enough.

Doesn't work so well to send them back though.

Has PSN been improved this week? When i finally get the tv to myself tonight (bloody x factor) i may venture online for a few games as ive only played 1 match since release and lost that 2-1 but it was a laggy mess.

Me and my mates always set rules about any cheap goals in games - in PES it was the cutback and non-stop wing play with quick players, in FIFA it has been the various "sweet spot" glitches and now the lobs that are banned.

Some glitches/bugs only affect the game if you try to exploit them... If you try to avoid them then they won't be that noticeable...

Ah just had the best ranked match with my mate using Fulham against West Ham. We played in the rain and the pitch was muddy, it ended 3-2 for me but the weather affects are amazing, my favorite aspect of the game to be honest. I also scored a stunner with Murphy from about 30 yards!

Also to add on to the Manager Mode, I completed one whole season and the AI is just fucking ridiculous. I don't see myself playing any of the modes unless I have a human playing with me. But at the moment, I'm working on achievements, so far 560/1000 G on the 360.

yeh,the AI can get to absolutely ridiculous levels. You have to really master dribbling to the point your jamming on LB and RT to stop manauver theball to the best dribbler on your team and "'ave a go at their defense". I got into the rhythem of it the other night and my pad was right state afterwards. The LB is weak. The rubber off the LS has torn off and the RT is weak now...

have any of u notice that on MM u have some weather conditions that are not avalible on exibition macth?
im playing at the DROMO on a raining day right now....check it out theres no rain on the DROMO for exibition

btw player lighting on this macth is completly messed up...i think EA didnt have time to finnish up this weather condition, thus why its not on exibition.

Last edited:
One of the weather at Marseille is unbearable (I think it's the raining night), players looks strange and shiny.

God this game is frustratingly broken. Played a few more manual gamers and it seems that people are starting to be little cunts on that too. Played two games in a row where the player just held down A constantly - slightly bad latency made it almost unplayable, as he just barged me off the ball straight away everytime. I won both of the games, but it's still so damned frustrating to have to play horrid football like you get forced to.

I played a more worrying game too, on manual as always. The guy I was playing was a 2 star team, and I was Arsenal (I support)... and he scored two of the most ridiculous lobs I've ever seen - from quite a long way out mind you. Nothing I could have done about either.

I honestly mean this - if EA didn't change the gameplay at all baring the assists, and the pressure, and then nailed the bugs out of the game I'd pay for it.

I can't believe that this game is so incredibly exploitable, AGAIN. Assisted online must be fucking horrendous.

Most of the games you get on manual are fine - but I'm just starting to feel the signs of some really dodgy shite... Gawd.

Honestly. Argh. I'm dreading playing it now. It's still great fun... but I'm so scared that I'll find something which will ruin the game for me, even on manual. I pray that the 2 star guy's chip was a one off because it was so ludicrous.

Oh well - Forza 3 soon, then MW2.

Last edited:
I am on PSN. Does anyone else here have disconnections problem. Its a gamebreaker already. I have tried to play 10 matches and i had 10 disconnections. Is it a general problem or mine only?

Others are having the same problem, apparently if you cut down your friends list to under 30 if fixes things. I'm not going to do that though, I'd rather not play the game until its fixed.

:BRICK:

Have other people found that it is easier playing this game on Legendary than World Class. On world class it seems that AI is designed to simply stop you from playing, on legendary it seems that the AI is little more "free" and not just hell bent on stopping you from playing, therefore it makes it easier to create chances.

Also think that there is a free kick bug, everytime AI get a freekick (on World Class and Legendary) outside the box they score, very unrealistic and added to the other single player bugs is making this game extremely annoying.

You dont have to chip the keeper!? If you're playing with a mate just decide beforehand not to do it unless it would be realistic. There's plenty of other ways to score goals in this game.

when playing online i never use the lob as it is pretty cheap as the GK's come too far off there line. anything that looks like an exploit i wont use! even times when the other players hits a Goal Kick straight to my striker, I will pass it back to him.

Had a nice long session with the game last night and for the first time since release had an enjoyable time......mostly

Firstly i managed to play a couple of club games and i had no lag what so ever. The smoothest game i think ive ever played online and what a difference it made to my performance. Unlocked a couple of acheivements too in the process. I also played a couple of 1v1 online games with no lag. So are the servers ok now?

On the negative side though 1v1 games are still determined by who pressure the most. I played a guy from my club team. He chose Liverpool so i chose Everton. For the most part i, in my opinion, outplayed him. Had more of the ball etc but i lost 4 nil. This was down to my players just getting pressured constantly and knocked off the ball. Torres, upfront on his own was able to chase down my defenders for 90 minutes without any reduction in his stamina. It was like men Vs boys. Now Everton aint no mugs, they are a strong physical team but up against Liverpool it was just ridiculous. I thought this would have improved a lot from fifa09 but it clearly hasnt. Pressure = victory. I think EA should scrap the pressure button altogether, its just a cheap exploit. Its not how i want to play this game but because of this i tend to get hammered when i venture online.

Must mention that another game i won 2-1 (West Ham (me) Vs Everton and i scored a peach of a free kick, curled right into the postage stamp and hit the underside of the nar and bounced out of the goal with spin. Looked amazing. Then i hit a long range screamer with Noble. Is online shooting easy than offline because i still have not cored a long ranger offline since the patch and its really getting on my tits.

Had a nice long session with the game last night and for the first time since release had an enjoyable time......mostly

Firstly i managed to play a couple of club games and i had no lag what so ever. The smoothest game i think ive ever played online and what a difference it made to my performance. Unlocked a couple of acheivements too in the process. I also played a couple of 1v1 online games with no lag. So are the servers ok now?

On the negative side though 1v1 games are still determined by who pressure the most. I played a guy from my club team. He chose Liverpool so i chose Everton. For the most part i, in my opinion, outplayed him. Had more of the ball etc but i lost 4 nil. This was down to my players just getting pressured constantly and knocked off the ball. Torres, upfront on his own was able to chase down my defenders for 90 minutes without any reduction in his stamina. It was like men Vs boys. Now Everton aint no mugs, they are a strong physical team but up against Liverpool it was just ridiculous. I thought this would have improved a lot from fifa09 but it clearly hasnt. Pressure = victory. I think EA should scrap the pressure button altogether, its just a cheap exploit. Its not how i want to play this game but because of this i tend to get hammered when i venture online.

Must mention that another game i won 2-1 (West Ham (me) Vs Everton and i scored a peach of a free kick, curled right into the postage stamp and hit the underside of the nar and bounced out of the goal with spin. Looked amazing. Then i hit a long range screamer with Noble. Is online shooting easy than offline because i still have not cored a long ranger offline since the patch and its really getting on my tits.

The Fifa team are clearly struggling to make Fatigue more noticable and effective so like you I think they should get rid of the pressing button. People exploit it and it damn right annoying playing against people who use it non stop.

In some ways the pressure has improved. It's odd. Some games I can rip people apart if they press me - and other's I can't. Sometimes the referee seems to blow up when they knock you clean off the ball.. othertimes they seem negligent.

I wish EA had some balls. I really do. A lot of people told them the pressure had to go... and yet it's still the dominant part of this game. Something makes me feel that at the bottom of their heart's, EA still believes that people don't want to defend properly - they just want to lose the ball, hold down a button, and get another chance.

My problem is working out how to beat the people who pressure so much. I win almost every match against those who don't.... I've just got to get some tactics down. Logically they should be easy to break apart with through balls. Not getting that to happen yet.

Just crossed the ball, the CPU defender scores an OG heading it into his net and it's given as a goal by my player who crossed it :CONF:

Tried to save the replay but it's only showing me the kick-off when I upload it :ROLL:

I'm also seeing people in online manual games being cunts - always having two players sprinting at you, and those two players having lightning quick reactions and superman strength, meaning you WILL lose the ball unless you ping-pong pass... They also try to chip the keeper at every opportunity.
As Wildster says, they just need to scrap the defending system and build it up from scratch again, and make the "pressure" button a "tackle" button, much like the sliding tackle where you just tap the button and your player does the standing tackle animation wherever he is. For this to work they would also have to change the defensive AI and massively change the assists system (or scrap it as it's a silly way to play the game).

I'm also starting to get annoyed by the teammate AI - they only make runs forwards and never drop back into any spaces that appear. This may also contribute to the ease of counter-attacking...
Whenever I get a corner now I set it to ultra-defensive so I only have a couple of players in the box, because at the moment with how AWFUL the heading is and how the defenders don't mark the strikers, you are more likely to concede from a counter attack on a corner than actually get a decent effort on goal yourself.

Anyone got any tips for playing against people who just charge you down all the time?... It seems impossible to counter.
I know I always go on about it but PES5 punished people who just pressured all the time because easily-exploitable gaps would be left and it was fairly easy to dribble past people who just ran at you - I had a harder time against people who backed off and defended properly. EA need to realise defending is just as much a part of football as attacking.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also seeing people in online manual games being cunts - always having two players sprinting at you, and those two players having lightning quick reactions and superman strength, meaning you WILL lose the ball unless you ping-pong pass... They also try to chip the keeper at every opportunity.

Yep. I've so far only found one who tried chipping all the time - but... still. The other one I've had is Y+LBing from close to the keeper to cross.

As Wildster says, they just need to scrap the defending system and build it up from scratch again, and make the "pressure" button a "tackle" button, much like the sliding tackle where you just tap the button and your player does the standing tackle animation wherever he is. For this to work they would also have to change the defensive AI and massively change the assists system (or scrap it as it's a silly way to play the game).

I agree. I thought this last year - I came down to the belief that almost every problem in the game was caused by the defending. It's improved this year, but nowhere near enough.

ah no servers today for me. Nightmare.

I cant play live 2.0 either because its not working. Ive paid £7 for that and i cant even fucking use it. Im starting to lose the plot quickly with this game!!!!

After buying the 2006 world cup game and finding out what a bug filled turd it was i vowed to never buy another ea game again. It was painfully obvious that they just rushed it out to meet a deadline and had no concern about putting out a shoddy product. When they started over with the new engine in 07 I downloaded the demo, laughed at it and continued playing pes. Every year I would get the new demo and evey year it would be making giant leaps foward while pes was doing the opposite. After last year wrhen i bought no football game and had to revert bact to the ps2 & pes5, I was pleased that atleast one developer had made what I considered to be a game worth purchasing. This game was FIFA, but it meant that I would have to break the vow. The demo had its problems but after some reasoning I decided that ea have obviously been listening to the people that buy their games and have probably improved their final product, after all they could not possibly still be in business if all their games were as poorly finished as the the last one i bought. OH HOW WRONG I WAS!!!! I will not be fooled again ea, I have returned my copy for a full refund and will continue to play pes 5 until konami pull their finger out.

I created a gameface for myself and I have a problem.
The color of my body is not the same color as my face, I tried to adjust the contrast, saturation, etc but nthing works.
And when I try to change the body color ingame it says it's locked.
What should I do?

Another rule for manual players to use - Don't play people who have a 5* team as their favourite team, I know it's a generalisation but most of the time they are not proper football fans. I've had some really good games against people who support smaller teams whereas the ones with bigger clubs usually end up being double-sprint-pressure-lob-fests...

Another rule for manual players to use - Don't play people who have a 5* team as their favourite team, I know it's a generalisation but most of the time they are not proper football fans. I've had some really good games against people who support smaller teams whereas the ones with bigger clubs usually end up being double-sprint-pressure-lob-fests...

That is a bit of a generalisation.

It bugs me that my favourite team is celtic, and every time I play online the other guys wants to go rangers. I kind of feel obliged to play them but its getting a bit boring playing old firm games.

Played Troy63, pepper I think, twice today wnd we had good close matches.

Also played Jumbo in the cup and it was nice to see when he was clean through at one point, he never tried to chip my keeper.

I think the key is to play people on your friends list if you want a good game :)

Back
Top Bottom