FIFA 10

I admire your positivity but I'm talking about defending a corner or can you create set pieces for that too?

That is the one thing left that really irks me is the weather. I have no idea why they can't just let the USER pick the weather for each game like in a friendly. Maybe it eats up too much disc space?

We should add that as an improvement for next years release......ofcourse changing it will make your game crash. But thats besides the point :D

Interesting... Maybe certain teams get a different weather pattern - well, Juve doesn't even have night matches I believe.

That is the one thing left that really irks me is the weather. I have no idea why they can't just let the USER pick the weather for each game like in a friendly. Maybe it eats up too much disc space?

Well, that is certainly one aspect of the game they can rectify with an update. There are other bugs and niggles that are far more difficult to simply "patch" over. Whether this has proved to be an issue with EA is unknown, as it was made clear they were aware of the 60+ bugs as they made a note of informing us all. Perhaps it was just too difficult and time consuming to sort them all out, or even the majority, with a simple update. Especially with the masses breathing down their necks wondering what was taking so long.

It's disappointing, without doubt, but as the form and assists bugs have been supposedly sorted, I'm certainly happier than I was.

Thinking about the night matches, how many of the day matches have been in stadiums allowing both times? Having played probably 30-odd matches now as Liverpool Ive had 2 or 3 day matches in the stadiums that do both. So that would be out of about 20 games. That's very poor.

It's disappointing, without doubt, but as the form and assists bugs have been supposedly sorted, I'm certainly happier than I was.

Let's see if the form has actually be improved, and not just turned off. Looking at the list it seems very much like they have done the bugs that are gamebreaking and would enable people to bring the game back as faulty. Anything else though seems to have been ignored. Still find it hard to believe that programming the game to see which is a day game and which isn't can be so hard. After all they have a schedule/calender. Adding some lines to say during the week is night, weekend is day doesn't seem like an impossible task.

Last edited:
Thinking about the night matches, how many of the day matches have been in stadiums allowing both times? Having played probably 30-odd matches now as Liverpool Ive had 2 or 3 day matches in the stadiums that do both. So that would be out of about 20 games. That's very poor.

No mate THATS ESPN!!!!!!! :APPLAUD:

You know what's weird... I've never had a single FIFA fame crash or lock up on me in any mode.

I had one bug/crash in 09, after 9 or so seasons. Was also the only time after playing it for most of the year, Ive already had 3 so far, and Ive hardly played it waiting for the patch.

My weather was and conditions was ok when I was playing with OM in MM. Played about 8 games and had afternoon and evening games. More evening games which is common in Lique 1

Well, that is certainly one aspect of the game they can rectify with an update. There are other bugs and niggles that are far more difficult to simply "patch" over. Whether this has proved to be an issue with EA is unknown, as it was made clear they were aware of the 60+ bugs as they made a note of informing us all. Perhaps it was just too difficult and time consuming to sort them all out, or even the majority, with a simple update. Especially with the masses breathing down their necks wondering what was taking so long.

I'm with you on the form and assists. Add to that players disappearing and I think I am good to go. I set my manager mode to "easy" or whatever and play on legendary so we will see how it goes.

I think many of the "bugs" weren't truly bugs but just broken promises and how a minority of people playing the game want it to be played. If I search for a manual game, nobody comes up online. In truth, I've only ever played 2 fully manual games online because I can never find one. This just shows me that only a fraction of the game playing audience even cares about this.

As far as time consuming to make patches, you are dead on. Object Oriented game development (they are probably still using c++ code) is difficult. FIFA is a MASSIVE game with so much data and league info to sort, it's amazing really that it comes off at all. Think of Madden or NBA or whatever, they have 30 whole teams to sort out. FIFA has hundreds of teams and several thousand players to edit.

I had one bug/crash in 09, after 9 or so seasons. Was also the only time after playing it for most of the year, Ive already had 3 so far, and Ive hardly played it waiting for the patch.

Interesting - to be fair I've really only played exhibition games and custom tourneys. I couldn't bring myself to play past the friendlies in MM.

My only crash/freeze in Fifa 09 was in the Arena on startup. No other issues.

To elaborate further on patching the game, Fallout 3 has been updated and patched quite a few times. Now that game is absolutely huge. At this moment in time it is still littered with trivial little errors and bugs that will either go unnoticed, or crash your game. One patch can take months to set up, rectify small problems, be delivered to MS or Sony and await approval on the relevant marketplace. It's certainly far from being a quick process. I dare to think how long it would actually take to fix the 70+ errors in Fifa's Manager Mode, or how large the file size would be once it's completed, but the truth is that bugs should not be present in the first place, and the play testing and rigmarole of beta testing until it's worn out has simply not been carried out to a acceptable standard. Now they have to patch and bandage up a badly injured product, something which is very annoying for us as buyers and games players. It's just a bonus that we now have updates and patches becoming available, as a few years ago we'd have to make do with what we had.

I'm very disappointed that a fix for the terrible defending isn't in that list, its more important than upping the difficulty of the CPU team mates in Clubs.

My only crash/freeze in Fifa 09 was in the Arena on startup. No other issues.

To elaborate further on patching the game, Fallout 3 has been updated and patched quite a few times. Now that game is absolutely huge. At this moment in time it is still littered with trivial little errors and bugs that will either go unnoticed, or crash your game. One patch can take months to set up, rectify small problems, be delivered to MS or Sony and await approval on the relevant marketplace. It's certainly far from being a quick process. I dare to think how long it would actually take to fix the 70+ errors in Fifa's Manager Mode, or how large the file size would be once it's completed, but the truth is that bugs should not be present in the first place, and the play testing and rigmarole of beta testing until it's worn out has simply not been carried out to a acceptable standard. Now they have to patch and bandage up a badly injured product, something which is very annoying for us as buyers and games players. It's just a bonus that we now have updates and patches becoming available, as a few years ago we'd have to make do with what we had.

Isnt that the negative with gaming of today? Developers can just get stuff out knowing that can release a patch.

Isnt that the negative with gaming of today? Developers can just get stuff out knowing that can release a patch.

That's all true, but I very much doubt games developers want to release broken software and games, knowing that word of mouth and individual play testing can ruin their reputation in the long term. It must be very frustrating for them, as well as it is for us.

Was really getting into my 1st manager mode season, about 28 games in and then it decides to piss me off more than any other game has EVER done to date. Was sitting 4th in the league, semi final of the League Cup. In the Jan transfer window i had put 6 bids in for new players to strengthen my squad. I was told that i had successfully negotiated with 5 of them and when i went to finalise the deals, EVERY bid was quoted as being retracted by myself, so i had lost all my players. Immediately after (on a run of 1 defeat in 12 games) my Board confidence drained all the way to the bottom!. I then won my next match and was really pissed when i was then sacked!!! Stupid shitty bugs ruined the whole lot for me. Well pissed, not happy!. :RANT:

On top of all that as well, in the 28 games played i never had a single day game!! AArrgghhhhhhhhh

I think we will be able to keep the FIFA11 MM improvements thread to a single line:

"Hire someone who knows how to f#$king program a ManagerMode"

You just made Mike Takla cry :(

Seriously though, i wish i could have Master League's structure and presentation just planted in Fifa10. Player of the year awards?!?! :o

I've just realised that it doesn't appear they've fixed the issue in Manager Mode where you can be sacked for actually doing well. That was/still is an awful glitch.

6 MM updates and no mention of 99% of the games being at night in the rain? what about the other 70+ bugs?

Fuck off EA, fuck right off. They can stick Fifa 11 up their arse because I ain't giving them a penny more.

6 MM updates and no mention of 99% of the games being at night in the rain? what about the other 70+ bugs?

Fuck off EA, fuck right off. They can stick Fifa 11 up their arse because I ain't giving them a penny more.

why dont you say what you really feel:)

couldnt agree more tbh, They have done a Konami on us big time this year. All the hard work they have done in the community the past couple of years is now worth shit:RANT:

On top of all that as well, in the 28 games played i never had a single day game!! AArrgghhhhhhhhh

I'm really wondering if something in the day/night/weather code that goes haywire during the MM season depending on how you set your game up... I've talked to another poster on the EA forums who uses Everton for MM like you do (I'm assuming so anyway due to your Av), and apparently he has reasonable proportion for day/night, and dry/wet games. So if what he says is true, then there has to be something dependent on user's end that is causing this glitch... I think I'll start experiment with different settings and stuff before I start the MM and see if it affects the weather/time of the day thing at all.

I'm really wondering if something in the day/night/weather code that goes haywire during the MM season depending on how you set your game up... I've talked to another poster on the EA forums who uses Everton for MM like you do (I'm assuming so anyway due to your Av), and apparently he has reasonable proportion for day/night, and dry/wet games. So if what he says is true, then there has to be something dependent on user's end that is causing this glitch... I think I'll start experiment with different settings and stuff before I start the MM and see if it affects the weather/time of the day thing at all.

Everton play in a Stadium that does not have the "night" setting. This could be the "glitch" that would give more random weather. We could always assign stadiums that don't have the night setting as well.

Getting fed up with the quick fixes now, they don't seem to be thinking about what they're doing and they end up having a domino effect on the rest of the gameplay.

Not sure if I want to play another years worth of friendlies, arrrgh!

Everton play in a Stadium that does not have the "night" setting. This could be the "glitch" that would give more random weather. We could always assign stadiums that don't have the night setting as well.

Is Everton's default stadium Ivy Lane? Can't remember. That was the stadium that the mentioned poster said he assigned as Goodison Park.

I thought about changing the default stadium for my MM as well because I'm honestly getting sick of the night and rain games (the latter is more annoying IMO)... but then again it's not going to be the same playing as United anywhere but Old Trafford...

Anyways, I'll try to play around with it later tonight and report any patterns I see if anything.

Is Everton's default stadium Ivy Lane? Can't remember. That was the stadium that the mentioned poster said he assigned as Goodison Park.

I thought about changing the default stadium for my MM as well because I'm honestly getting sick of the night and rain games (the latter is more annoying IMO)... but then again it's not going to be the same playing as United anywhere but Old Trafford...

Anyways, I'll try to play around with it later tonight and report any patterns I see if anything.

Ivy Lane should be Evertons default. There are some other European stadiums that don't have night games, but Dusk and things like that.

As far as United go... you can't change the stadium as it's licensed.

Back
Top Bottom