FIFA 10

Do the other EA sports titles have trophy celebrations?

World cup and Champions league titles did and some of the old fifa's.

That is where the major overhaul is needed next year.

Graphics
Presentation
Trophy scenes
Commentary

The Commentary should be more team specific i.e who's playing who and that reflecting in the half time full time banter, and once you've finished the match a commentary on the results of other games and league position.

Also allot more excited on decent chances and goals. At the moment it's a bit meh!

Oh almost forgot! Chain Marcel to his desk until he perfects MM or until he's divorced.

I just can't believe how shoddy a game they have let out. Granted the gameplay is good, but all the other stuff seems fucked up in some way or another.

They basically lied about manager mode aswell, which is where the big upset is.

When they say they have done this and that and they have put alot of hard work into it, it all looks like lies and shit when you see a game put out with sooooo many bugs and fuck ups!!

They better bask in the glory of making so much money this year, because so many people won't touch the game next year because of the fuck ups.

They need to spend time fixing all of the fuck ups (or majority of the bad ones) and getting their reputation back up.

If the guy in charge of the manager mode side of things still has a job after all the guff and shite that has come out of his mouth, then that is a bad mistake. If I fucked up as much as him in my job, I would have been fired along time ago!!

It really is so dissapointing that the gameplay can be so close to being great, yet all of the other things that actually make it a great game are fucked up!

They need to sort it.

Guys, what else can we do to bring our disgust at their lazy efforts to their attention. Maybe one e-mail signed by us all. I know its not much but im feeling that just by posting on their forums is not enough. I doubt they are even reading most of the threads.

And where is Marcel ? AWOL

I think it's safe to say they know we're all pissed off, which is probably exactly why the known names are in hiding.

They really need to shift those old FIFA developers and bring in people who love football. The thing is that FIFA has developed so quickly from literally fuck all that there are pockets of air dotted around where there should be more detail.

You kind of wonder just how much effort it must have taken EA to code and balance against 360 dribbling. It does feel as though something awful happened during the development process that wasted a lot of developer time.

Was BAP: Seasons this ridiculous for results last year? Playing on Legendary, Burnley reserves thump Man Utd reserves 5-0. As a centre mid I'm expected to be our only scoring threat and the only player dropping back for passes AND our only hope in defence. Is it too much to ask that both teams use Legendary AI?

I'm thinking more and more of trading this in for something. I might go for PES and just accept that deepish gameplay and ball spin/awesome animations are mutually exclusive at the moment.

Shame that controlling, looking at and listening to PES at the moment is like bobbing for apples in an acid pool while pulling your cheeks apart at a karaoke night for zombie rapists.

Last edited:
How about we all send them our discs demanding a refund. I know, that will never happen, but we f**ing should. I still can't believe I've paid £45 for a game that isn't even finished... I love playing the occasional friendly or against friends, but when I start to think about the fact that that's all I can do it pisses me off again. MM is full of bugs and there is absolutely no atmosphere what so ever. No trophy celebrations, poor presentation etc. I want to feel rewarded when I win something. I don't wanna see 7 of my players jumping around like retards in the centre circle.

Fellas, I know I'm asking this at a bad time, so please forgive me. I am on my way to pick up fifa, however I am curios to know how which version looks better and plays smoother. Everything from bugs to net animation.

Sometimes i think we may expect to much. No excuses for some major bugs in MM. Some of them should never happen.

But EA did a lot of good things for FIFA10 if you compare it to FIFA09. They improved the gameplay, shooting, dribbling and lot of other things too. Maybe they just run out of time including more things like better presentations or better celebrations. A year is just a year and we as fans have a huge list of wishes to include.

Again some of the bugs in MM are terrible. But i still think they have listen to us fans and improved some major things we are all praying for. I still think they care. But they can not win this race because it will never be enough. We will always find things we would like to see in the game. A million fans a million wishes.

From the US here, just picked it up today, my biggest concern is that Seattle will be offended that everyone will think it rains more in England than it does in the Pacific Northwest. Really a claim to fame there, and manager mode seems to strip Seattle of that honor. They've also stripped MLS of the title of "least attended league" and handed it to the Premier League; promoters seem to have scheduled Liverpool v. Everton on a Tuesday morning at 8am without opening the doors to Anfield.

Was BAP: Seasons this ridiculous for results last year? Playing on Legendary, Burnley reserves thump Man Utd reserves 5-0. As a centre mid I'm expected to be our only scoring threat and the only player dropping back for passes AND our only hope in defence. Is it too much to ask that both teams use Legendary AI?

Totally agree, its ridiculous how awful your teammates can be on BAPS and some of the targets you are given are completely unattainable without being an absolute ballhog.

Shame that controlling, looking at and listening to PES at the moment is like bobbing for apples in an acid pool while pulling your cheeks apart at a karaoke night for zombie rapists.

:LOL: Hahahahaha. :LOL:

I have to warn you though, you probably will get incredibly annoyed if you try to play any form of manual passing against an assisted player.

I am in the US, and I have been reading everyone's gripes for the last 3 weeks, and the more I read this forum, the more I don't want to buy FIFA 2010. I just don't know anymore, there so many simple things that they just completely ignore. Now I love online, but you can only play so many friendly games. I am not going into the MM problems, I have read they are plentiful. And reading from above, it looks like for BAP (which is what I loved the best), they once again made your team dumb as rocks even on Legendary AI, which is just ridiculous.

I should just go to back to the final Winning Eleven J-Leauge and play Fantastista, best mode ever, and your team wasnt great, but they would pass when you called for it at least. Most fun I had, I think I got like 8 seasons till i was world player of the year and had every record and made my way to Barcelona, those were fun days. (stats also went up to fast).

I am in the US, and I have been reading everyone's gripes for the last 3 weeks, and the more I read this forum, the more I don't want to buy FIFA 2010. I just don't know anymore, there so many simple things that they just completely ignore. Now I love online, but you can only play so many friendly games. I am not going into the MM problems, I have read they are plentiful. And reading from above, it looks like for BAP (which is what I loved the best), they once again made your team dumb as rocks even on Legendary AI, which is just ridiculous.

I should just go to back to the final Winning Eleven J-Leauge and play Fantastista, best mode ever, and your team wasnt great, but they would pass when you called for it at least. Most fun I had, I think I got like 8 seasons till i was world player of the year and had every record and made my way to Barcelona, those were fun days. (stats also went up to fast).

they improved shooting and added 360 dribbling, other then that, nothing

I've overreacted, perhaps. Had some good online games where I dominated, but I think that's because people don't notice when you put rules on a room you create in a lobby! I was sitting there with Sunderland selected waiting for people to stop choosing Real Madrid. One guy tried all the 5 star teams and then left :D. Seeing people try through balls only to hit a piddly pass in a completely different direction is quite funny too...

I won't be trading FIFA in at all. It's just easier to think that when you know how good the game could have been with imperfect passing and less powerful pressuring. It's actually very good online in the right hands; I do think they're trying to balance several games at once though.

I have to warn you though, you probably will get incredibly annoyed if you try to play any form of manual passing against an assisted player.

Just experienced that myself. The pressure is still a gamekiller online. Could hardly get past the midfield with Bordeaux. I don't want to ping-pong pass and pretty much can't on manual passing.

I'll have a more extensive review I guess in a little while because I'm still playing (if anyone cares to hear it) but is anyone else having trouble finding a match. Are the 1 v 1 and Online Team Play servers region-specific as well? I search for an unranked manual match, speed slow, NOTHING. Unranked match against any type of opponent pops up almost immediately but there's still a delay, and searching for players based on team star level never shows up with anything. What's worse is that only when it fails to find someone can I actually make one myself. And if I go look for the suggested session in progress it never finds anything.

Also, when trying to play Be A Pro Online Team Play(and if nobody reads anything else in this post please read this), it keeps telling me to download the squad update, takes like 1.5 minutes to do so, and then the game ends up being timed out when I finally get to a lobby. It won't save the Online squad anywhere so that I don't have to keep doing this. Anyone know how to fix this?

I've been on the game for like 2 hours now and have literally only been able to play 2 1 v 1 matches and one team play match. None of the 1 v 1 matches were manual either as a search for them yields nothing.

Totally agree, its ridiculous how awful your teammates can be on BAPS and some of the targets you are given are completely unattainable without being an absolute ballhog.

:LOL: Hahahahaha. :LOL:

Jumbo and Romagnoli, I play BAP a lot! My fav mode probably since MM was shit in previous FIFA and now is full of bugs (at least for now :/ )

I was told BAP is the same but by the sounds of it, it's got even worse! Because in FIFA 09, I don't remember your team-mates being the smartest, but I wouldn't say they were f'n stupid or horrible either. So are you guys saying, your team/team-mates have now gotten dumber.. or is it the same exact thing as in FIFA 09?

Because I can live with a 'Same' as 09 which is still very disappointing because this mode had a lot of potential and with just a few new things like playing (Domestic Cup competitions, etc.) could've gotten a LOT better but to now have 'broken' this mode as well by even making it worse through something like Retard team-mates... that's intolerable!

So this post is long as hell, and it's alot of complaining. But it's legitimate. Someone else come in here and tell me what your experiences are with the game online. Do you ONLY do quick ranked 1 v 1 matches with all assisted passing or what? Because for those that don't want assisted, we can't get a game for lalalala. In 1 v 1 or online team play. WHAT IS GOING ON?!

Here me out real quick, I recall during a period last year during FIFA 09's life-cycle the devs were trying to figure out why the game was playing so poorly online. Rutter surmised that maybe people were accidentally choosing ANY as their control scheme when looking for ranked/unranked matches and that might've forced them to get matched up with a player who was playing on manual. This would explain, he suggested, the sluggish passing and all of the other issues. Well that was absolute lalalalalalalala, we know this.

Cut to FIFA 10's development where in one of the early FIFA blog on EA's website, one of the devs says something about the control schemes in regards to "any." He says, and I quote: "No more ‘any’ setting that imposes settings on you. This was a bug, and ‘any’ now means what it should have meant in the first place: ‘I don’t care for that setting’."

Before I continue on, anyone care to take a stab at explaining what exactly the lalalala he mean't by that. Because either I'm very bad at reading, or that doesn't make any sense.

By default in FIFA 09, the control scheme was set to 'No Restrictions' which was why, if I made a manual match, NOBODY would ever show up. So wouldn't the ANY setting do just that? It will search for a game with any control scheme at all, and make you play under it right? It certainly can't mean "I don't care for that setting." What setting? "No restrictions" would mean, I don't want to play with anyone that forces setting on you. End of.

The reason why I'm asking this is because in FIFA 10 they've gotten rid of the "No Restrictions" tab and now only have "ANY." I recall in 09 making an Online Team Play match and restricting it to only people with a DNF under 5% just to see what would happen. As I thought, some of the dudes that were on my friends list who had DNFs above that weren't able to join. I put it back to ANY and it's fine. Why then, in FIFA 10, if I change the control scheme to something like semi-manual or manual for either Online Team Play or a regular unranked match, do I never get any hits if the default is "ANY." What the hell else could ANY mean besides, any control scheme out there?

Furthermore, why can you no longer create your own Online Team Play match unless you go to the lobbies (where only people in the lobby can join as well). I can only create an Online Team Play match by searching for a match with like 10 minutes halves, with manual passing, and slow speed because I know that I won't find one, at which point it asks me if I wanna create one. I do it, I use the default settings because it appears that you can't get any hits if you don't, and the game fills up to 20 before I even get in there, never allowing me to be the captain.

Why the hell can you not find a game on anything but the default settings? I search for a manual or semi match and I find nothing. I make one and I find nothing. This is both Online Team Play and regular 1 v 1. I've had the game for about 5 hours now and have played literally 5 matches total because I either can't find one or nobody joins what I create. And the games that I did get were ruined because for SOME REASON you can no longer kick people that choose ANY along with you. You can't kick anyone AT ALL. So you have 3 ANY players at the back screwing up the defense and just letting the team get scored on every 10 seconds. And I can do NOTHING about it.

What was all this talk about filters? They don't work at all. At all. If someone wants only Assisted controls, they should switch to that. If someone chooses ANY, which is the default, they should be able to find my game whether or not it has semi or manual passing. And thanks EA for making the default speed Normal, so for those that actually wanna see what the game plays like in Online Team Play with slow settings, we'll never know unless we invite everyone that we want to play with. Why not make that ANY as well. It might sound a bit like tricking people but honestly it might be a good way to get people to experience a different control scheme that maybe won't allow them to perform the spin around one touch pass to a man 40 yards away and hit it with perfect accuracy.

Did you seriously set out to lalalala up every...single...game mode in this entire game.

I mean, WE CAN'T KICK PEOPLE ANYMORE? REALLY?

With the wacked out MM the only thing that I'd really want to play is Online Team Play with a buddy or 2 but I can't even do that because I can never be the captain in MY OWN ROOM. Unless I wanna sit in a room that nobody ever joins because I changed the control scheme or the game speed. Why even have the options if you can't match us up with people that use them?

And seriously, can someone explain to me what ANY is supposed to mean?

Yes this was copied and pasted from a post I just made at EA's forums. A lost of lalalas going around.

Am I the only one having problems like this though?

I found the best way to play online:

Go to Online Lobbies, wait for people to populate, create a match, set the control settings to semi-assisted/manual, and play away. The game is so much better when retards don't know how to use the manual through pass.

Jumbo and Romagnoli, I play BAP a lot! My fav mode probably since MM was shit in previous FIFA and now is full of bugs (at least for now :/ )

I was told BAP is the same but by the sounds of it, it's got even worse! Because in FIFA 09, I don't remember your team-mates being the smartest, but I wouldn't say they were f'n stupid or horrible either. So are you guys saying, your team/team-mates have now gotten dumber.. or is it the same exact thing as in FIFA 09?

Because I can live with a 'Same' as 09 which is still very disappointing because this mode had a lot of potential and with just a few new things like playing (Domestic Cup competitions, etc.) could've gotten a LOT better but to now have 'broken' this mode as well by even making it worse through something like Retard team-mates... that's intolerable!

I have no idea what it's like on other difficulties but Legendary is really pissing me off. I remember thinking the same when I had a very brief go at BAP:S a few months ago on FIFA 09 as Possebon. At least in FIFA 10 I seem to be getting games in the right position. I don't remember starting in the reserves last year either, though I'm not sure how much attention I was paying.

I do think the Pro camera is a lot more playable now, especially with 360 dribbling.

I found the best way to play online:

Go to Online Lobbies, wait for people to populate, create a match, set the control settings to semi-assisted/manual, and play away. The game is so much better when retards don't know how to use the manual through pass.

I did that quite a bit for 09 but didn't really wanna have to continue to do it for this one. Especially since people claimed to be getting into manual matches immediately when searching for them. Is that still the case with the UK guys that have already had the game for a few weeks now?

For all the guys who reported getting into manual and semi matches with no problem, is that still the way it is?

I did that quite a bit for 09 but didn't really wanna have to continue to do it for this one. Especially since people claimed to be getting into manual matches immediately when searching for them. Is that still the case with the UK guys that have already had the game for a few weeks now?

For all the guys who reported getting into manual and semi matches with no problem, is that still the way it is?

Finding getting into semi matches ok now. Tend to find games quickly now.

Searched for a manual game the other night and got 1 straight away. First online manual game. I got owned. I couldnt get out my half. Lost 2-0 in the end.

Back
Top Bottom