FIFA 10

Cheers - I mix all my keys up, so have no idea what that will be, but if you can do it - then I'll muck around in the arena.

Hold LB and LT and press pass? On the PS3 you just press L2 (which is used to bring a second man to the ball so whatever you have changed your controls to it should show up on screen) then you hold that button again and press pass. That will knock the ball to the side and a 3rd man should be coming in to whack it one.

right i love this game but i also FUCKING HATE IT!!!!!

Im on fully manual, shooting is hard yep, but it doesnt go where I am aiming. I cant cut into the box and cut across the ball to go to the far corner at all, it goes near post every time and swings away wide. Also as perviously mentioned the GK's are fucking nightmarish. They can save a 30 yd rocket but anytime im through on goal they stand on the penalty spot just waiting to be lobbed.

Also the refs are a disgrace, AI certainly gets more fouls than me.

Also some of the glitches that leave the ball free and i cant get it until the AI touch it is unforgivable.

But it's not totally ruining it for me, i still enjoy it to a degree, but for how much longer???? I really dont know what to do.

Had a moment in Clubs last night where I was chasing a ball down and 1-on-1 with their keeper. I'm right on top of the ball, hammering the button to shoot ... nope, the game lets the ball roll still and the keeper collects it.

Pissed me right off, especially when the keeper boots it out and they scored off their next passage of play :BRICK:

I noticed last night while connected to live the game was really sluggish. button presses, menus, game speed, everything. I dont normally connect to live when i play fifa as i tend to play it offline and plug in my ethernet cable when i want some multiplayer.

It was acting really weird last night but i still managed a few good games. Had a decent Leeds vs Walsall game i lost 2-0.

Just started another MM with my 1st one i couldnt sign anyone but now i just signed fabio, fiorillo, sandro and keirrison with no problems, i did sim the two friendlies when i signed them though.

trying to play a friendly match with two human players, but straight after kick off the game freezes...anyone else have this problem?

Get fired in MM after loosing a second round Cup Match away against Hamburg (Top Team in the Bundesliga). Was second in the Bundesliga 2 points behind Werder Bremen. MM doesn't make sense this way. It's not playable as long as it's not patched. Shame.

Yeh the board are WAAAAAAY to strict. I can understand being warned about your form but it seems they want to fire you if you don't win the league romping teams 5-0 at a time if you're a 4.5 - 5 star team.

trying to play a friendly match with two human players, but straight after kick off the game freezes...anyone else have this problem?

I've had this and had it on 09, I think its to do with a bad save file (from trying other fifa discs in my computer and my one on a friends computer). So if you delete the game data it should be ok!

Had a moment in Clubs last night where I was chasing a ball down and 1-on-1 with their keeper. I'm right on top of the ball, hammering the button to shoot ... nope, the game lets the ball roll still and the keeper collects it.

Pissed me right off, especially when the keeper boots it out and they scored off their next passage of play :BRICK:

lol yeah I remember that mate

I'm only counting the MM bugs mate. ;)

I've counted 69 "issues" with MM (so some don't qualify as bugs, i.e. the search filter resetting when you bid on someone isn't a bug, it's just a pain in the arse). I know that in Be A Pro you get marked down for a great cross if nobody manages to get their head on it (again an annoyance rather than a bug) and I know that gameplay-wise player switching is still glitchy. Apart from that I don't know.

Gameplay-wise I really can't fault it (thousands can I know) because the player-switching doesn't worry me so I'm still enjoying it in short bursts. I'm just waiting for Manager Mode to become playable, which hopefully will be this year rather than a FIFA 11 job (I'm assured that won't be the case but I just can't see them fixing 60+ issues).

gameplay wise i'm really happy with fifa 10...just thought my 360 was struggling when it kept freezing like that

damn you rutter!!

I can't get the GK double tap :triangle: to work, I swear it only brings him further off his line.

Has anyone got it to work?

EDIT: Also is it possible to be running and do a simple step over?

Last edited:
manual player-switching is fine.
it's good that they lessened the defender hesitancy when you switch to a defender adjacent to an onrushing attacker.

According to Romily on Twitter there's MM news coming "soon", he has the news and is waiting for permission to post it, whether soon means 1 hour or 1 day your guess is as good as mine :)

EDIT: Also is it possible to be running and do a simple step over?

I'm not sure the other respondents instruction is that clear. While running, Left Trigger (/L2) and then push the right analog stick 90 degrees to the left (of the player), or right, and then move it all the way back round to the front, OR do the opposite of this (there is a reverse stepover).

I'm not sure the other respondents instruction is that clear. While running, Left Trigger (/L2) and then push the right analog stick 90 degrees to the left (of the player), or right, and then move it all the way back round to the front, OR do the opposite of this (there is a reverse stepover).

To do stepovers - Holding LT/:l2: Push the right stick in the direction you are running and roll it about 20 degrees up and down.

Hope I explained that right ;)

Cheers.

Anyone finding the players are taking too much time with their 1st touch? Noticed it yesterday that they always seem to add an extra touch, somthing not present in 09. Ive always pressed one of the bumpers/triggers to go to close control when recieving as it used to enable you to turn quicker, but now the extra animation means Im getting caught in possesion a lot. Which is annoying as I try to play short small passes in tight midfield area's. So I tried to use the stick and do a soft touch which seemed to help, anyone having similar issue's, ways to solve it?

If they are taking longer, it's only a fraction of a second, and something that really hasn't bothered me at the moment. Does it also not depend on the skill and movement level of the player in question? Players like Messi and Lennon are very quick to take the ball and run with it via the first touch. Other, slower players, seem to take that bit longer.

I'm still seeing alot of goals scored inside the box, with little time to create space about 30 yards out (online).

This is where it becomes a tad repetitive. The headers are also (attacking) seriously flawed, there is just no power, even when you are running onto it from a pacey cross, it sort of slows down once the connection is made, where as in reality you always see momentary acceleration once that contact has been made............it does not look right.

There are still those annoying flick type headers from corners which just loop, why cant they have bullet headers like PES, that feeling of joey jordan, malcolm macdonald, alan shear type power.

Game is great though, enjoying the online side but single player is broke.

According to Romily on Twitter there's MM news coming "soon", he has the news and is waiting for permission to post it, whether soon means 1 hour or 1 day your guess is as good as mine :)

It'll just be we are working on such and such, what else could it be?

I hope all the MM bugs, Commentary F*** ups are resolved.

And god if they can tweak the difficulty settings that would be a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom