FIFA 10

It just baffles me WHY they would release this early??? i suppose everyone gave them 1.7 million reasons why..

Choooo Choooo

Last game of Champions League, I had to beat Porto to qualify.
I won 3-1 and my board decided that was not enough, so I lost 1/2 star of reputation. Tsst...

It is indeed good news, as it shows that MM perhaps hasn't taken the backseat that many thought it would in the bug hunt.

Anti-football formation in FIFA 10:

DSC00119.jpg

DSC00120.jpg

More commentary bugs
1. Scored a late goal to win 2-1 and Andy Gray says how it looked like extra time and pens even though its a pre season friendly with no extra time
2. Same game but i scored an own goal which made the game 1-1. Won 2-1 with the late goal but the Tyler goes on about how the own goal cost the game and the player must be feeling horrible......WE WON

WTF???????

[pic]

[pic]
Oh shit, how the fuck have they got custom formations in Clubs?! :(

I hope this exploit doesn't become widespread so that we get the mode ruined by crappy tactics like those... EA need to know about this because they said they were stopping online exploits this year.

Yeah it's very disappointing. And this exploit has been figured out so early EA HAS to do something about it. It's not like last year where the dream teams only started to appear towards the end of the game cycle. This is early doors and already we have this discovered.

I tried to understand how form works in manager mode and what I found is that the arrows seems to depend on the average of the players 5 latest games. If your player has an average of 6,0 he has a white arrow. To get a light green arrow he needs to get an average of 7,0. The rating of players that don't participate in a match seem to count for a ranking of 5. In other words, if you rotate your squad it is very hard to keep your players in form when it really should be the opposite!

The way that the players overall rating jumps up and down is a whole other story... nothing to do with the arrows.

Good news about them sorting the PS3 disconnections! :DD Also the MM is being looked at.

I thought those formations above were redundent without the Custom Tactics which have been removed? So even if they use that formation it won't work like it did in 09?

Some bad keepers in there, but also a lot that is not bad at all. You have a lot of goals in the beginning that could just be because people are rushing the keeper out with the button. Also some where the keeper is high up in the field could be because there was a corner in the final minutes and he was up to try to score and didn't have time to come all back down again.
Also on of the goals where Messi scores, isn't really a goal, the ball went over the line and the keeper stopped moving and the ball bounced back in the goal, but the whistle had obviously gone and the one making this just seems to be after making the keepers looking bad. That is why that clip was cut short.

The bad ones are when the ball comes straight at the keeper and he totally mess it up, when stuck behind the goal and when missing a pass coming to him by just running around the ball. A lot of the other things in that video happens in real life too. Otherwise the keepers in the game would be supermen like in 09 where you can only score in certain positions.

DSC00119.jpg

DSC00120.jpg

So is this formation difficult to play against? I had a quick game against my mate last night using this formation purely to see what the result was. I was beaten, quite comprehensively, by a standard 4-4-2.

Unless I've got my player runs and attacking/defensive arrows screwed up, it did nothing for me.

More commentary bugs
1. Scored a late goal to win 2-1 and Andy Gray says how it looked like extra time and pens even though its a pre season friendly with no extra time
2. Same game but i scored an own goal which made the game 1-1. Won 2-1 with the late goal but the Tyler goes on about how the own goal cost the game and the player must be feeling horrible......WE WON

WTF???????

Same for me last night

In a tournament mode I was winning 1-0 and it was approaching 90 mins and Martin babbled on about how the teams were still level.

Think the commentary's AI has got turrets.

I mean all that bullcrap regarding how the commentary had been overhauled and had it's own AI is a bit missleading, because it's not remotely different to 09's commentary except a couple of new lines, and the majority of 09's phrases get repeated over and over again.

Playing Clubs last night and the commentators were talking about the other team are already a goal up and looking to go another goal in front.

It was 2-2 at the time.

On the commentary - I actually HATE it! When it first was introduced into FIFA in this style (08?) I thought it was very cool.

But now when you hear the same stuff repeated and then Martin's stupid delivery "and now its Martin Smith" (x20 times a game) or "DIDIER DROGBA!!!!!" as Drogba picks up a loose ball near the touchline...

(sorry to keep referring to it), PES' commentary - whilst with its own annoyances, is much better due to the fact it doesnt focus so much on gimmicky phrases, but rather calls the game as it unfolds. So "X passes to Y... Long ball now... And he shoots!... Just wide" etc, which is actually so much nicer to listen to.

Next time I fire up FIFA the commentary is going off along with the fucking awful front end music. Who picks these bands? Are they trying to be down with the kids? (and dont get me started on the French and German songs they throw in).

</early morning rant.>

Back
Top Bottom