FIFA 10

I score from outside the box on Multi-player games and have had people score vs me also. I scored a screamer with Lucho Gonzalez vs Milan in an online game. 25 yard rocket right in the top corner.

I do love the low hard driven shots you can now score with. My bro scored a peach vs me. hit the post and went in and looked real nice!

Some of the game play is great, some real nice touches and I love the physicality of it. I'd have to say it's better than 09 but different too.
Yes it has the issues you mentioned and others but the core game play is good.

That's probably what they meant, the core is great but it does have issues... ;)

Thanks. That does make sense.......kind of.;)

Never had the player switching issues everyone goes on about - pretty much always goes where I want (with the RB button and not right stick - on about 2 notches of 'auto-switch' in the control menu).

I will mate, it just seems contradictory to say it's perfect then, often in the same sentence, list it's faults.

I was wondering if I have misunderstood what comes under the heading of gameplay if the problems with shooting, goalkkeping, AI, player switching and the like don't. Maybe I'm just being contrary.

Nick is right, the core gameplay is good yes it does have issues (IMO auto switching and longe range shots are not some of them) but not nearly enough to make the game unplayble. The bulk of the complaints are about the features away from the field.

Last edited:
The keepers arnt superhuman. They make saves you'd expect them to make. Ive scored a few long range goals but im glad i cant score them on every attempt.

The keepers arnt superhuman. They make saves you'd expect them to make. Ive scored a few long range goals but im glad i cant score them on every attempt.

I agree. I haven't played with really really shit teams though. I will give it a go later and see how long shots are.

Same here, I have scored some long range goals on manual so I don't know where this complaint is coming from

Wa-hay! Finally did something that I've never actually managed to pull off in any football game ever.

You know the move, forward runs into space drawing defenders with him, you pass to him but he lets it run through his legs (that's lets, ie. on purpose and not by accident or glitch) to another guy behind him who has run into the space that the first guy and the defenders left behind.

Unfortunately, it fell to Kuyt who shot straight at the keeper.

Wa-hay! Finally did something that I've never actually managed to pull off in any football game ever.

You know the move, forward runs into space drawing defenders with him, you pass to him but he lets it run through his legs (that's lets, ie. on purpose and not by accident or glitch) to another guy behind him who has run into the space that the first guy and the defenders left behind.

And you've been playing footy games for how long?

Put some positive in this thread! Last night I had a moment similar to the guy above. Something that was just so organic and real that it made me gasp!

its not even that brilliant, but it just looked so realistic - and the fact no other football game offers this AND that I meant it, made it really special.

All it was, I passed the ball out of defence and was quite tight to the sideline about 30 yards from my goal with 2 attackers closing me down. As they approached, with my back to them (and me facing the sideline), I did a step over fake which they both brought and then I dragged it back the opposite way and ran off.

But the speed which the animations played out so smoothly made it look exactly like something you'd see on TV. Made me smile for ages and I kept replaying it :LOL:

If ONLY they could sort the bugs out, I may even give up PES. Anyone that has followed me on Evo-Web would know what that means!

Playing it with friends I can't get enough, but playing Manager Mode in this state isn't an option. When players that you buy disappear into thin air there is no point, and knowing that less than 50% of the bug/issue list will be fixed I fear that the things left in will be pretty serious.

I've tried to learn to love PES 2010 but I just can't, which is a massive shame. So it looks like I'll be playing FIFA 10 with friends/online and Football Manager online, which is gutting, but at least I'm getting a lot of fun out of the game either way. Really looking forward to the online leagues again...

I remember good ol' PES 2, letting the ball through my legs while running, on the edge of the box, to flummox the keeper. The ball went one side, I went the other. Just like Pele, though, I missed the actual shot. That's Harry Kewell for you..

I've got quite a nice Bordeaux goal in my ea vids where Chamakh dummies to Cavenaghi inside the box, who returns the pass for a power finish.

Playing it with friends I can't get enough, but playing Manager Mode in this state isn't an option. When players that you buy disappear into thin air there is no point, and knowing that less than 50% of the bug/issue list will be fixed I fear that the things left in will be pretty serious.

I've tried to learn to love PES 2010 but I just can't, which is a massive shame. So it looks like I'll be playing FIFA 10 with friends/online and Football Manager online, which is gutting, but at least I'm getting a lot of fun out of the game either way. Really looking forward to the online leagues again...

Is there gonna be any Evo Web 360 online league, or are the patches being waited for?

I'd be up for joining a league for sure.

There will be a league definitely, I cannot WAIT.

Just want to see how Coopz's tournament goes first, will be good to judge the interest and what people think of control restrictions etc...

Is there gonna be any Evo Web 360 online league, or are the patches being waited for?

I'd be up for joining a league for sure.
A shame youd ont have teh ps3 version ebcause there are a few leagues being setup for ps3 users over at AVF.

The diddnt realize people was interested in online leagues here because in fifa 09 it died pretty quickly and everyone just played BAP

Had enough of it!! I've traded it in for Ninja Gaiden 2. The guy in Game looked at me like are you sure..."Ninja Gaiden?"

I simply said "I'll pick it up in 3 months for a fraction of the price and when the patch comes out to fix it!"

Oh how he laughed loudly and agreed that he expects it to be happening ALOT!! Especially as PES2010 will be released soon.

I'm annoyed. I WANTED 2 GREAT FOOTBALL GAMES!!

Well that was predictable :LOL:.

I'd hate to dissapoint:P

At least i gave it a go. But some of the bugs people are coming out and i've witnessed them also videos being shown by people...What'd you expect??

If i wanted to throw money away on something buggy i would have bought a SEGA MEGADRIVE-CD! But i don't think that would come close :LMAO:

Last edited:
Had enough of it!! I've traded it in for Ninja Gaiden 2. The guy in Game looked at me like are you sure..."Ninja Gaiden?"

I simply said "I'll pick it up in 3 months for a fraction of the price and when the patch comes out to fix it!"

Oh how he laughed loudly and agreed that he expects it to be happening ALOT!! Especially as PES2010 will be released soon.

I'm annoyed. I WANTED 2 GREAT FOOTBALL GAMES!!

Oi, u sound exactly like me in the last 2, 3 years with PES...

Actually, evan your signature sounds like what i felt of the yaksoba-tongued fishdickheadbass.
:LOL:

Last edited:
I'm sick of going to online head to head, then my opponent hasn't forwarded any ports, so the game session stops, and then it boots me back to the main screen, meaning I have to do it all again.

This was posted on the EA forums by EAROM for anybody who has not read it yet.

Thanks for all your feedback guys.

As you know, we have lots of feedback in a number of areas literally flooding in. You also probably know by now that FIFA 10 has become the fastest-selling sports title in history, selling 1.7 million in the first week.

Just reiterating that one so you can understand how busy the guys are at the moment. Make no mistake, that number's way above expectations (happily, of course), but it's also made us a victim of our own success a bit. There are issues with web and online functionality caused by the extreme load, and these are the No. 1 priorities right now.

It is literally a 24/7 job and a lot of people are working on them. So that includes Live Season availability, some PS3 disconnections, Game Face, and match-stat reporting, among other things. They're all interlinked issues and are right at the top of everyone's lists. We're making very good progress on that, and hope to have a number of those things back up and running properly within the next 24 hours.

Once that's sorted out, the team can begin to refocus on responding to other areas of less immediately pressing feedback. Thanks for your continued patience and understanding.

So i guess that means MM.....Nice!

This was posted on the EA forums by EAROM for anybody who has not read it yet.

Thanks for all your feedback guys.

As you know, we have lots of feedback in a number of areas literally flooding in. You also probably know by now that FIFA 10 has become the fastest-selling sports title in history, selling 1.7 million in the first week.

Just reiterating that one so you can understand how busy the guys are at the moment. Make no mistake, that number's way above expectations (happily, of course), but it's also made us a victim of our own success a bit. There are issues with web and online functionality caused by the extreme load, and these are the No. 1 priorities right now.

It is literally a 24/7 job and a lot of people are working on them. So that includes Live Season availability, some PS3 disconnections, Game Face, and match-stat reporting, among other things. They're all interlinked issues and are right at the top of everyone's lists. We're making very good progress on that, and hope to have a number of those things back up and running properly within the next 24 hours.

Once that's sorted out, the team can begin to refocus on responding to other areas of less immediately pressing feedback. Thanks for your continued patience and understanding.

So i guess that means MM.....Nice!

Lol, 1.7 million because the FIFA hype train was in full effect huh?

I have a question though for anyone who's played the online portion of the game:

In BAP Online Team Play can you finally limit the number of human-controlled opponents on your team? Say I only want to have 5 guys controlling players. Can that be done?

Also, does the game go to extra time again or does it end in a draw like it did last year?

Could I just get a quick rundown of any changes to the mode from someone who's played it? I'm talking about the regular unranked Team Play mode.

Oh and i just found this as well posted by the man of the moment Marcel Kuhn

Hi all,

I am still on holidays for another 1.5 weeks - and as some of you noted I indeed got married on the same date that FIFA released (100% co-incidence!). That being said, I couldn't resist to log in yesterday and flew over the 13-14 pages of release feedback you've submitted.

Happy to hear that some of the new features work fine (i.e. results, league tables and transfers), not so much about the amount of early issues you've found (yes, I've read about all 53 reported issues:)) ).

At this point I am not able to individually respond to your questions, queries and bug reports - I am still busy trying to avoid a heart attack from all the wedding bills coming in - but I will check in with Dave tomorrow to see what is going on in FIFA 10 land.

Is he taking the piss with the smiley?

Lol, 1.7 million because the FIFA hype train was in full effect huh?

I have a question though for anyone who's played the online portion of the game:

In BAP Online Team Play can you finally limit the number of human-controlled opponents on your team? Say I only want to have 5 guys controlling players. Can that be done?

Also, does the game go to extra time again or does it end in a draw like it did last year?

Could I just get a quick rundown of any changes to the mode from someone who's played it? I'm talking about the regular unranked Team Play mode.

yeah you have a choice between either 5 or 10
also yeah still ends in a draw, also you dont have to wait 5 minutes anymore to get a game going, most you have to wait is 2

any more questions?

Back
Top Bottom