FIFA 10

Does stamina affecct Barca in this game? I just played a guy online about 5 times, he was always Barca and he appeared to be constantly holding down the pressure buttons. I never had any time on the ball before he would just run into me and take it away or just intercept my rushed 1 touch passes. He managed to keep this up for 90 mins each time and whilst my players were clearly starting to tire in the later stages of the game he just continued his gameplan to greater affect as his players did not seem to be at all fatigued. The most annoying thing was I would try to time my tackles, not slide tackles just stickng a leg in to take the ball, and they would almost always result in a foul, but he would just run into me, knock me over, take the ball and the ref does nothing.
I have not enountered anyone else using this tactic so far but as it appears to be very affective it is no doubt just amatter of time until it is common place.

Do I just need to take more time to adjust to FIFA and then most of the things will go away or is the game just not as great as I first thought?

It's just not as great as you first thought. I think people are just riding the hype wave still and trying to make excuses for the game. Online has been like that since 09 and it looks like it won't change since the fouling system is so shit and stamina obviously hasn't been tweaked.

For all the "gameplay is superb" comments, we still have pressure issues, cheating AI, terrible shooting mechanics (after they were actually pretty good before the patch) only a few ways to score, midfields still not meaning much (unless you simply want to pass around in the middle for a little while to make it look like a real game of football).

Maybe the EA can stop paying reviewers for favorable write-ups and make them actually play the game. I'd only really trust a UK-based mag anyway (provided they weren't biased against/for any specific game). Every single review I've read from U.S.-based mags and websites are singing it's praises and they clearly don't konw what the fuck they're talking about considering the reviews are only like 4 paragraphs long and they don't mention ANYTHING that we've found.

In some instances I really don't understand how they can explain things. The injuries being the prime example. They were said to be a lot more frequent, and last a lot longer. 100% not true, it's exactly the same as FIFA 09, no better, no worse... I'm really interested to hear the explanation but let's face it, on points like that, we won't get one.

As long as there's a patch and it fixes the first half of that list then I'll stop annoying them.

I've heard some people say that they had guys injured for 15 weeks over on the EA forums. Nobody's experienced injuries longer than a week here? I also wasn't buying the bullshit about there being some bit of code that was left inactive that was supposed to allow for long-term injuries in 09. Fucking lies by EA.

Last edited:
It's just not as great as you first thought. I think people are just riding the hype wave still and trying to make excuses for the game. Online has been like that since 09 and it looks like it won't change since the fouling system is so shit and stamina obviously hasn't been tweaked.

For all the "gameplay is superb" comments, we still have pressure issues, cheating AI, terrible shooting mechanics (after they were actually pretty good before the patch) only a few ways to score, midfields still not meaning much (unless you simply want to pass around in the middle for a little while to make it look like a real game of football).

Maybe the EA can stop paying reviewers for favorable write-ups and make them actually play the game. I'd only really trust a UK-based mag anyway (provided they weren't biased against/for any specific game). Every single review I've read from U.S.-based mags and websites are singing it's praises and they clearly don't konw what the fuck they're talking about considering the reviews are only like 4 paragraphs long and they don't mention ANYTHING that we've found.

I've heard some people say that they had guys injured for 15 weeks over on the EA forums. Nobody's experienced injuries longer than a week here? I also wasn't buying the bullshit about there being some bit of code that was left inactive that was supposed to allow for long-term injuries in 09. Fucking lies by EA.

I had a 3 macthes injury in a custom tornament i created with my m8s last sunday. I was really surprized by that, didnt evan know Tornament mode had injuries, specially since it doesnt have fatigue.

The actual gameplay of this game is brilliant, almost perfect, bar the shooting, keepers and a few other niggles.

Everything else is utter garbage, and that includes the AI. The game is riddled with bugs, it's astonishing.

I would rather EA pushed the release date backwards, instead of giving us half a game, I feel robbed.

I played Nottingham Forest and the two captains were arguing but I have no idea why, unless it's because my captain was Lee Grant (my keeper) who's ex-Derby? Unlikely though, perhaps Forest were unhappy that I was also reffing the match, I seem to be reffing all my matches so far this season, I like it!

I seriously can't believe they thought that releasing something this buggy would cut it!

WTF are the BETA testers thinking? or did they just hear the Cha-Ching!!

The list Chris compiled is sadening i got this in the hope of playing 2 great football games but this is monsterous. Lets all hope the patch sorts the mess!

I can see Rutter now...

123xsib.jpg

I had a 3 macthes injury in a custom tornament i created with my m8s last sunday. I was really surprized by that, didnt evan know Tornament mode had injuries, specially since it doesnt have fatigue.

Is in the game fatigue in leagues (not in mm)

how lame it is, that there is no fatigue in tournaments anyway--

Is in the game fatigue in leagues (not in mm)

how lame it is, that there is no fatigue in tournaments anyway--

Im not sure m8 since i havent checked, but my guess is that its not there neither...
I think fatigue is only in MM where u can mess with your staff... maybe its in BAP too but thats not my cup of tea so I wouldnt know.

Not sure anyone else is bothered by this, but the "fix" for the long-distance finesse shot exploit where you could score all the time basically consists of them hard-limiting the height you can get on finesse shots from long range. If you take a Finesse shot from long range, the ball barely gets up to head-height. Once you creep closer to goal though, then applying power suddenly makes the player get more foot under the ball.

SO, basically they fixed an exploit, where the _accuracy_ and _consistency_ of the shot were the problems, by applying an artificial filter that changes the type of shot that is possible depending on where on the pitch you are.

I don't know about anyone else, but this pisses me off royally. What they should have done is make the shot more realistic by making the power less consistent (sometimes it is struck a bit short so the goalkeeper reaches it, sometimes a bit too hard so it flies over the ball, sometimes with a bit too much lift to it so it sails longer, sometimes a bit more topspin to it dips faster.

But no, let's just for some reason arbitrarily and dramatically change the players ability to strike a ball depending on how close to the goal he is.

As a gameplay and gameplay mechanics nut, this disappoints me more than any MM bug you can come up with. Considering how complex they have made the gameplay mechanics, this is how they solve the problem?

Also, I noticed that in the arena, by doing the same sprint move so I get into the same sort of situation, if I apply the same power to a chipped through ball, I can lob the keeper EVERY time, there is NO change in the way the ball is struck. No variations in lenght, it always flies in just below the bar, and this with my VP who is not skilled.

Again, have they somehow not been able to program this (they certainly claim to have done it with the shooting), or are they just VERY inconsistent with how they program different types of ball strikes. It's a player striking a ball, there is NO reason why the same factors that go into a shot shouldn't also make chipped throughballs harder to predict and perform mechanically.

Even on this angle I am disappointed. :(

Brilliant goal WILDSTER180774. Wooooow!

I wish i could score like that but i still struggle to create anything. I really think crossing is terrible and i can't find open space against the cpu. It reminds me of PES5 back then. Lots of defenders around the box and all you can do is pass it around and around and around.

Bottom line - i'm soooo bad at this game. It almost makes me cry.

I see on Twitter that Rutter has replied to Placebo regarding the bugs lists and said they hope to have some news by the end of the week. Or so I've interpreted.

I see on Twitter that Rutter has replied to Placebo regarding the bugs lists and said they hope to have some news by the end of the week. Or so I've interpreted.

Indeed, he sounds really happy, he sounds about as happy as someone who bought Fifa10 for its manager mode......

MM Bug - opponent subbed a player - cinematic of him coming off and 5 mins later I notice he is still on the pitch... fail.

MM Bug - opponent subbed a player - cinematic of him coming off and 5 mins later I notice he is still on the pitch... fail.
Need some more details.

Was it written in text that the player coming off was supposed to be coming off? If not, it's an animation error. If so then it's a serious bug.

I'm still baffled at how they allowed lower case menu text into the full game.

one thing that pisses me off about EA recently is that whenever they re-do their menu screens for particular modes they ALWAYS end up missing something from previous the previous year. Aren't menus basically skins like those you see in Firefox and the like? So how they always end up missing something is beyond me.

Need some more details.

Was it written in text that the player coming off was supposed to be coming off? If not, it's an animation error. If so then it's a serious bug.

This seems like a similar bug that existed in online play last year where players could not make subs at the same time. Only one person would get their sub requests processed.

Honest question here:

I'm in the states and can't get the game yet...is it worth it? Big MM player despite its flaws in the past, and so far what I've read hasn't been encouraging. Appreciate the input.

I was going to post impressions tonight but ended up just uploading some vids from my phone. Excuse the sound (some have world football daily in the background :lol:).

I'll post the neat things i've seen here and the goals in the other thread (video thread).

Right, here we go:

YouTube - Fifa 10 - NEW GOAL KEEPER ANIMATION

YouTube - Fifa 10 - Nice turn by my Be-A-Pro

YouTube - Fifa 10 - Defoe Avoids challenges and sidefoot's home

All on:

Passing: Semi
Shooting: Semi
Crossing: Manual
Long pass/Lob: Manual
Through pass: Manual (so much harder with it on manual. I put it on auto for online).

One thing i will say is, the game is great online. I was playing with those controls against a player using fully assisted and i won 3-1 in a tight game. I won cause i could pick him apart finding space behind his defense when he pressed so much. It's so accurate.

Manager mode & Be a pro offline are a real let down. Manager mode especially cause the potential is tip of your tongue stuff anf then.... you get a bug. So annoying.

I was real Madrid and tried to buy Modric (PERFECTLY REASONABLE) for 20,000,000 (AGAIN, REASONABLE) and spurs/modric kept rejecting me and gave no reason each time. EVERY BLOODY TIME.

Anyways. My review is still incoming. Been partying all weekend, so haven't played as much as i'd like.

Gamertag is anthonyOA on XBL. My PS3 is broken.

Honest question here:

I'm in the states and can't get the game yet...is it worth it? Big MM player despite its flaws in the past, and so far what I've read hasn't been encouraging. Appreciate the input.

I would wait for the US release, would be a good date for them to patch MM at the same time. So another 3 weeks and they should have been working on the bugs anyway, might be possible.

Need some more details.

Ok, Southend v Wycombe and Wycombe and in 2nd half, they made a sub (I didnt) and they took off Lewis Hunt. It was an animated sub - i.e. I saw him go off, clap the fans etc - the reason this bug stuck in my mind is that Hunt used to play for Southend!

Then I saw his name come up in the player boxes in the bottom and thought they must have another Hunt, but it was definitely the same. Number 2, dark skin.

I also had the substitution bug in manager mode (has just happened once thus far):

* Playing as Blackburn against Bolton, they subbed Kevin Davies for Elmander, saw the animation of him going off, applauding fans etc, couple of minutes later noticed that he was still on the pitch as he nearly scored a header.

Played the English league cup final last night - It was at Wembley and set at day time. Was that final supposed to be one of the bugged ones set at night or is the other cup finals?

Back
Top Bottom