FIFA 10

I definitely will if its improved like this has over 09

BAP:S is all going smoothly for me as is any games online

It seems nearly all of these criticisms are coming from the single player guys who play MM and its not even the gameplay they are talking about

Surely EA could patch these MM faults anyway and make MM players happy bunnys again?

The game is great for me mainly because I am a single/online player and MM has never appealed to me but EA really needs to sort out the bugs in that mode. Are the bugs issues which can be fixed with a patch or are they things that would need more extensive work? also does anyone notice that even on slow some matches feel slow then others they feel really fast.

I've heard lots of new commentary Dags! "He's been in bad form lately", "they need to turn this around", "that's three wins on the bounce now" etc...

My only fault with the commentary - which the reviews have pointed out - is that they say the wrong thing. "Five minutes to go and they still lead 1-0" when it's 1-1, etc...

I'm hearing loads of the same rehashed lines, over and over.

I keep hearing this odd line in BAP:S that a player is really off his game and is struggling in this game. Pretty sure it's talking about my player, which is odd considering I'm getting a 9.2 or something when they say it.

It's so frustrating. I tried playing the WE 2010 demo for two hours last night, trying to force myself to like it so that when PES 2010 comes out I can sit down and play a career mode without my players disappearing, without my loaned out players being sold on, without every game being in the rain, etc...

I know that feeling man. At the risk of sounding redundant, here's your alternative:

superiorgame.png

I think the only reason FIFA fans are considering getting PES is for the career aspect though, nothing else really.

I think the only reason FIFA fans are considering getting PES is for the career aspect though, nothing else really.
Exactly, it's for the career mode and nothing else. The gameplay is brilliant. But I have no interest in playing online (some people do, good for you). The fact of the matter is that there's offline game modes included for a reason, for you to play them. And you can't.

MM is unplayable - what's the point in signing a player when they will disappear after a few weeks? So for someone in this situation, what's the point in having the game, apart from a load of tournaments with friends (which is great but I want more than that for my money)?

I've said it a million times, I love the gameplay, ever since the Emirates playtest. Well done to them for creating something that I think is so good. But the game modes themselves are so broken and buggy that they're not playable. So the game isn't going to get played and that's totally gutting when the gameplay is so good.

Which is deja vú for me actually...

I said in the days when I loved the PES gameplay, "yes the gameplay is good but I'm playing the same game mode over and over again with no improvements". Now it's the same situation with FIFA except they ARE making improvements, it's just that they're breaking the game modes entirely in the process. Either way, there was no point in me playing PES in that situation and currently there's no point in me playing FIFA in this situation.

If people want to bury their head in the sand and say "online is great" that's up to them. Enjoy the game.

Last edited:
Fuck that.

QFT. I'd rather make Manager mode myself using a spreadsheet and a Self induced fear of interacting with the rest of the world than get PES in it's current form.

Well, I kind of exaggerate and may buy it if the final game is dramatically better, but every time the ref blows the synth whistle, the players start to animate and the bowling ball moves in perfect straight lines around the pitch, my old PES soul cries out in a bloodcurdling whalesong of anguish, as if living out the alternate 'Baddies win' ending of Return of the King.

Strange everyone else isn't getting injured. I get injured every freaking game, though never for more than a week.

I'm sure I'm about to be fired though, have drawn 2 matches about a quarter of the way through the season...I'm doomed!

How is it possible I'm 1-0 up online, the guy quits, and I get the loss?????

Happened to me as well last night. Was having a good manual match, I was being beaten 1-0 mind you, and the connection just dropped.

He got the win though.

I think the servers are still a wee bit buggy. Im not bothered about ranks/records so not bothered too much.

Wont they get more pissed off because the gameplay is shit?

Thats what im trying to get my head around :LOL:

QFT. I'd rather make Manager mode myself using a spreadsheet and a Self induced fear of interacting with the rest of the world than get PES in it's current form.

Well, I kind of exaggerate and may buy it if the final game is dramatically better, but every time the ref blows the synth whistle, the players start to animate and the bowling ball moves in perfect straight lines around the pitch, my old PES soul cries out in a bloodcurdling whalesong of anguish, as if living out the alternate 'Baddies win' ending of Return of the King.

:LMAO:

I played FIFA on PS2, which had poorer gameplay than PES at the time, to play a full career mode instead of the retarded (IMO) Master League.

Put it like this, if all of the offline and online modes were taken out of FIFA 10, and you could only play friendlies, would you still play it for more than a month? You might say yes but I don't think you would. You'd break it out when friends were around and that would be it, it would have no longevity.

That's the thing really, isnt it. I'm considering PES for the ML but then the gameplay didn't wow me on the demo, and the ML is a bit ... poo really.

Mixed-nationality leagues is a bit rubbish but at the end of the day, if it's a career mode that isn't broken, I'd rather go through that than play constant exhibition matches on FIFA because MM and BAP:S are flawed. Not so much BAP:S but how much appeal will it hold after the 1000th game?

I keep hearing this odd line in BAP:S that a player is really off his game and is struggling in this game. Pretty sure it's talking about my player, which is odd considering I'm getting a 9.2 or something when they say it.

I'm getting that too, I assume it is aimed at me/you as they dont say it in any other mode but they dont even say it when you give the ball away, just randomly it seems.

Another part of the commentary that winds me up is the total sound of disintrest when a player is sent off. In a real match usually the commentators are quite animated, especially if its the last man hacking down the striker when he's through on goal... In FIFA they barely make a deal as if its a thrown in or something.

Looking through the long list of bugs in MM and I don't think I've noticed most of them in my game. I've not met the criteria for some of the bugs to see if they exist in my game or not like "players vanishing after signing for your club" but the ones that should be cropping up because I can see them like incorrect league data and player form going mental aren't happening for me (yet)

Are the bugs happening for everyone or just a huge chunk of people?

Last edited:
Exactly, it's for the career mode and nothing else. The gameplay is brilliant. But I have no interest in playing online (some people do, good for you). The fact of the matter is that there's offline game modes included for a reason, for you to play them. And you can't.

MM is unplayable - what's the point in signing a player when they will disappear after a few weeks? So for someone in this situation, what's the point in having the game, apart from a load of tournaments with friends (which is great but I want more than that for my money)?

I've said it a million times, I love the gameplay, ever since the Emirates playtest. Well done to them for creating something that I think is so good. But the game modes themselves are so broken and buggy that they're not playable. So the game isn't going to get played and that's totally gutting when the gameplay is so good.

Which is deja vú for me actually...

I said in the days when I loved the PES gameplay, "yes the gameplay is good but I'm playing the same game mode over and over again with no improvements". Now it's the same situation with FIFA except they ARE making improvements, it's just that they're breaking the game modes entirely in the process. Either way, there was no point in me playing PES in that situation and currently there's no point in me playing FIFA in this situation.

If people want to bury their head in the sand and say "online is great" that's up to them. Enjoy the game.

I know what you’re saying dude. Last year I could handle the MM as I really believed Fifa 10 we would see great improvements in MM however I cant buy PES just for the career mode. I wouldn’t get enjoyment out of it as I cant dig PES gameplay. Having a stable bug free career mode would be great but it would be a real challenge for me trying to enjoy the way the game actually plays.

It might be best to boil the bug list down to ten or fifteen. A lot of them could be included under one general heading - 'transfer market issues' for example. I know its amusing to list >50 Manager Mode bugs in contrast to the promised 50 improvements, but they'll never patch all of them and it could just dilute the focus.

It might be best to boil the bug list down to ten or fifteen. A lot of them could be included under one general heading - 'transfer market issues' for example. I know its amusing to list >50 Manager Mode bugs in contrast to the promised 50 improvements, but they'll never patch all of them and it could just dilute the focus.
I thought about that but then the idea of doing it individually was to make sure that I could put them in some kind of urgency order - seeing as there's no way all of them will be fixed. That way they can concentrate on the first 20 or so and I'd be happy enough with that.

If they're listed in the form of general headings I just can't see them fixing anything to be honest, it'll look more like a list of suggested improvements for FIFA 11 instead of a list of bugfixes and they'll pick and choose what to fix instead of concentrating on the big issues.

Perhaps I could stick a list of categories at the bottom of the list though. I just get the feeling it isn't worth it.

EDIT: I've made a categorical list and it's too big to fit in a post. :D

Last edited:
I've not had players loaned out being sold (as I now refuse to loan anyone out), or the players you buy moving on in January with no say from you (restarted manager mode about 4 times now to edit stuff so never made it to January yet).

You don't count as a FIFA fan. ;)

I do. I'm a fan of football games, always have been. I've played FIFA for as long as I can remember, even when PES totally blew the series out of the water. Also, I think catching a bus at 4.20am in the morning and travelling for 3 hours to London to play test incomplete FIFA 10 code also qualifies me as a FIFA fan :)).

-----------

I like many others out there are quite disappointed with a number of things in this installment of the FIFA series; mainly with some aspects of the gameplay that haven't been fixed in years but also with the poor quality control of the final product. This year was meant to be different and I bought the game on the premise that I could enjoy new modes including a new and improved Manager Mode, and finally after two years of waiting I would have refined gameplay that would really get the best out of the next-gen engine. However, no matter how much I've tried to convince myself that I'm enjoying the game this year, I'm not. I've even emailed you to ask for some advice and help, but the game still frustrates me immensely. Even if they fix all of the issues with the Manager Mode and fix the connection issues online I still have to enjoy the gameplay enough to want to sit there and play 40+ matches a season and truth of the matter is, I'm not.

In my eyes, PES still does some things a lot better than FIFA and always has. I'm not going into depth here so as to not cause another FIFA v PES war. Firstly, for others to call PES shit, is just ignorant. They obviously haven't even given it a chance this year and you are basing your thoughts on a demo that has been confirmed to been months old code. Although the PES gameplay engine may be primitive compared to next-gen FIFA it still feels more balanced in terms of attacking and defending and at it's core the gameplay is still enjoyable. The tactical side of the game also ensures that not only are you thinking on the field but off it aswell. This is a better experience in my eyes, especially for an offline such as me.

If you really don't want to play to PES there is no point trying to convince yourself otherwise. It wouldn't be fair to yourself to begrudge playing a game that you really don't like. I've been trying to do the same with FIFA 10 over the past 4-5 days and it's got me nowhere, for all the positives on display I'm just not enjoying it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom