FIFA 10

If FIFA10 isn't enough for KONAMI to produce another stroke of genius next year, I don't know what will. It's like trying to destroy your biggest rival, and suddenly he's had a heart attack and you have the chance to FINISH HIM.
i wont be surprised if they do. About time konami stepped up their game and reclaim their kind of footy crown and put this forum back into its original state ie Pro evo centric :BOP:.

i joined this forum primarily because of pro evo and how ironic the name of this forum is "evo" web.

If FIFA10 isn't enough for KONAMI to produce another stroke of genius next year, I don't know what will. It's like trying to destroy your biggest rival, and suddenly he's had a heart attack and you have the chance to FINISH HIM.

finishhim.jpg

who is Marcel Kun?

The EA guy in charge of MM, who spent most of the last year posting on blogs telling us how awesome MM is. See Placebo's post for where Marcel was talking about all these new features and improvements, and then Placebo just shoots him right down.

Getting married apparantly.

He's on honeymoon conveniently enough, I hope someone warned him as to what kind of reception he's going to get when he returns! Nobody will ever trust a word the guy says again.
He has a lot of explaining to do.

It's a shame, because the gameplay is spot on, it's almost perfect. Yet the guys who don't play online will get bored of this game very quickly. All PES' and Fifa games I've owned usually lasted about 9-10 months before I got bored of it. Fifa 10 will last half that time - unless some of those major MM bugs are fixed.

I'm gutted.

He has a lot of explaining to do.

It's a shame, because the gameplay is spot on, it's almost perfect. Yet the guys who don't play online will get bored of this game very quickly. All PES' and Fifa games I've owned usually lasted about 9-10 months before I got bored of it. Fifa 10 will last half that time - unless some of those major MM bugs are fixed.

I'm gutted.

Its not just the players who play offline though, its the online players too because for 9/10 ps3 users, we cant finish a single online game of any sort at all!! it will disconnect you from ea servers AND PSN

I'm just shocked at the number of fundamental flaws in MM mode. EA are a very big company, it's a decent sized risk to release one of their highest selling products with so many bugs in it.

Class action lawsuit...?

matchday 9 in coca cola championship, yet to see a sunny day...rain or overcast all the time...really pisses me off.

Thanks Chris for compiling all those bugs...
Well i optimistic about EA's reaction to that list. I don't think they will be able to correct everything, but i think they will have to react no matter how much the game was sold.
Since FIFA09 (some will say 08) they have taken over the crown from Konami and have combined good sales with raving critics. If they have a long term policy about FIFA, they simply have to do something.

About Live Season this seemed a valid alternative for me, but i simply can't buy it in the FIFA shop...i keep on trying for days and i always get an error message...same for EASports.com if i wanne make a "face"...i also get an error message...what a shame because i really like the gameplay.

I bet you now, most of us wont be buying fifa 11 on release day, i wont

I definitely will if its improved like this has over 09

BAP:S is all going smoothly for me as is any games online

It seems nearly all of these criticisms are coming from the single player guys who play MM and its not even the gameplay they are talking about

Surely EA could patch these MM faults anyway and make MM players happy bunnys again?

I think EA have closed down the servers for both Gameface and Live Season, so something is obviously afoot.

To me its a simple matter of the demand being too much. When u read that first weekend sales were 49% higher than 09 it seems EA wasnt prepared for this.

Definitely Coopz, it's an issue with the mode itself and what is happening off-field. The actual gameplay itself and the football you can play is superb. Trouble is, a lot of folk see Manager Mode as the attraction to the single player element of Fifa, and as such are feeling bitterly disappointed and let down. I'm sure it will be rectified, but I seriously doubt they'll fix every bug. Even if they do, they'll go on to ruin other parts of the game just from fixing the problems. 1 step forward, 2 steps back, no doubt.

I'm suffering now with the single-player too. I started out my MM with a realistic variation in weather for the first half-dozen matches. I felt quite smug, but now I've had the endless rainy nights for 20 matches and it's appalling. I always found with the endless sunny days in 09 and 08 that they'd make the matchdays just blend into each other and there was no feeling to the seasons. Same here.

The AI has started annoying me, and with nothing to 'save' it, that's a problem. AIs in football computer games are always dodgy in some respect. But when their supporting structure is sound (i.e. a worthwhile, engrossing Mode to play), the AI inconsistencies are totally forgivable. At its core the gameplay in FIFA10 is sound. But it's being sabotaged by everything else.

I've gone from launch day euphoria to feeling strange twinges when I think about playing FIFA10. "Oh, do I have to...?" That kind of thing. Not good.

Could anyone with some knowledge of EA's NHL series answer a question - have they ever released an NHL game with the Franchise mode in the state MM is in?

Last edited:
The frustrating thing is that MM isn't some really hightech piece of kit. I can understand there being a certain number of bugs in something really innovative and I can accept a certain number of bugs if MM had a huge increase in options/modes/etc. But really when look at what they have added it's minimal. I would understand if people were looking for glitches and doing extraordinary things that a bug list would be long, but these are just basic actions.

33) You lose respect with the board when losing a game on penalties. You should be given the same increase/decrease you would be given for a draw rather than a win/loss in these circumstances.
I would imagine what is probably happening here is that there's a general respect loss associated with being knocked out of a competition. So the decrease is not from losing the fixture on penalties but from being eliminated.
Yep, I'm sure that's what is happening - but if I'm Tranmere and I take Everton or Wigan to penalties I don't think I should get pissed on for that!

43) Some players will sign for a club and then the next week you’ll get a notice on the transfers screen that they’ve signed for that same club. Again.
I'm not 100% sure this is the case. If you're talking about the same screen I'm thinking of, is it not just showing you the most expensive transfers that have happened this season, not necessarily new ones happening that week? They're always sorted by price and the same every week. I could be wrong.
You're probably right on that one, I should knock that off the list until I can see that it's a definite issue.

49) Player search parameters constantly reset when searching for a player. So if you search for e.g. a defender rated 60-70, then you want to search for a midfielder with the same rating, the parameters have been reset meaning you have to input them again.
Did you bid for one of those defenders? In FIFA 09, the search parameters were reset if you went to the Negotiate screen to make an offer, then returned straight back to the search results and tried to edit your search. Is this what you're talking about, or are searches just being reset each time?
You're right, I bid on a player and then it resets, I'll reword that.

There's a lot of things on the list that you could consider nit-picking (such as friendlies against teams in your own league) but I would say AT LEAST the top 50% is urgent. I would consider the lower league subs being restricted to 5 on the bench an important issue, it's not something that happens in reality, and I would even consider the friendly subs being limited to 7 on the bench instead of 12 (and 3 substitutions made instead of however many you want) to be an important issue because the whole idea of friendlies is so that you can experiment with different players...

I just can't see 25% of that list being fixed, let alone 50%. It would take them such a long time that they would have to start work on FIFA 11 a month or two late. It's not going to happen but we'll see.

You make some other great points there that I'll sneak into the list, the ones that I can class as Manager Mode related at least so that I don't get angry notes from EA. :)

Need your help guys. i wanted to know if i decrease the pressure and speed in the custom tactics, will that make the small team play like small team instead of premier league teams?

The way I see it, fixing these issues with MM would be simultaneously working on FIFA 11. A lot of these problems are quick and easy to fix so making sure the code they build on for next year is not (as) hopelessly drowned in stupid issues is work for the future as well as for us in the present. There will still be a fair few problems but I don't think each item in the list should be looked at as taking equal amounts of work. Fixing the weather would be piss easy for a start.

That said, it depends on how easily patchable they've made the game. It'd be pretty bad practice to code the game such that certain aspects are almost unreachable by subsequent patches, and I do get the feeling EA were rather expecting to have to mend a lot of things post release.

It's so frustrating. I tried playing the WE 2010 demo for two hours last night, trying to force myself to like it so that when PES 2010 comes out I can sit down and play a career mode without my players disappearing, without my loaned out players being sold on, without every game being in the rain, etc...

But I just don't like it, end of story. I think the gameplay of FIFA 10 is immense, I really do. Not everybody does fair enough but I just think it's amazing, playing tournaments with mates is out of this world. You see some amazing matches. I love the game, I think it's a great achievement.

So it's killing me that I can't play Manager Mode and enjoy the gameplay. I can even put up with the not-so-great AI, I have before. I played a friendly last night, Tranmere v Everton on Pro, and got (what I consider to be) a really good game. But Manager Mode is totally broken.

I was looking forward to it so much, especially after the Emirates playtest. But as much as I love EA for the gameplay, there are just no excuses for Manager Mode being in this state. We're not getting any explanation. It is, without any exaggeration, broken.

If this is year one of the three year plan, then it's not going to be playable next year either is it?

FIFA 2012 will be the first playable MM then :ROLL:

Still no comment really from EA then? Have you emailed the bug list to them Chris?

I find it staggering that Rutter decides to go on holiday 2 days after the release. Fair enough, he's only human and deserves his own space, but it's arguably the most important time to be around and take feedback on board. As for Marcel getting hitched at the same time, what a farce. ;))

Seriously though, I can't wait for the response from EA about this.

We usually receive an immediate response from EA and we have with this. The response was that it's being passed on to the right people, but those people haven't had the chance to email me back yet with any specifics (the main one I'm waiting to hear about being - what percentage of this is going to be fixed).

I can't really complain, they do genuinely work their groinal area off, and they respond to community guys as quickly as possible. It's just not a great time at the moment with people on holiday etc... They've been working on the game for a long time but when they get back they'll be working on it again I'm sure, before they start working on FIFA 11.

I wonder what they are going to say? it will be interesting to see.

They have to make some effort to fix a certain amount of the bugs or all of the stuff they have been preaching about will feel a bit like they have lied.

Although they kept saying it is a 3 year plan etc (Which I am sure they will regurgitate to justify the bugs) still makes no sense as to why the MM plays like it does, its worse than last year.

I know they say in order for you to go forward you sometimes need to take a step back. But there is literally no reason to take such a step back?

They need to fix the major problems, otherwise people will start not trusting them and then it is a slippery slope.

I too love the gameplay, but things like this take the shine off of the game and they need to remedy it!

In some instances I really don't understand how they can explain things. The injuries being the prime example. They were said to be a lot more frequent, and last a lot longer. 100% not true, it's exactly the same as FIFA 09, no better, no worse... I'm really interested to hear the explanation but let's face it, on points like that, we won't get one.

As long as there's a patch and it fixes the first half of that list then I'll stop annoying them.

The simple fact is, it's impossible for them not to have known about a fair number of the bugs listed, we found many of them within 1 or 2 hours of playing the game on Thursday, it went gold 3 or 4 weeks ago, they've been playing the gold build internally, it had these bugs, they've been playing earlier code internally for months, it must have had a fair few of these bugs.

As is the commentary, which they reckoned has new lines? Nope.
I've heard lots of new commentary Dags! "He's been in bad form lately", "they need to turn this around", "that's three wins on the bounce now" etc...

My only fault with the commentary - which the reviews have pointed out - is that they say the wrong thing. "Five minutes to go and they still lead 1-0" when it's 1-1, etc...

Back
Top Bottom