FIFA 10

Wasn't this supposed to be revolutionary?

EA must be laughing at us taking our money and releasing this bugfest!!

MM mode is a disgrace,how patches will be released to fix this? do you think this is because of the early release?

Certain members in here will jump on this but it really does not have that one more go feel(soul if you will)

To sum up very briefly my thoughts on FIFA 10's game modes:

Offline - Rubbish, AI ruins the gameplay and the main offline mode (Manager Mode) is fucked up.
Offline BAP - Better than the normal modes imo (because player switching isn't used) but the main BAP mode is untouched and the AI can still act oddly a lot of the time.

Online 1v1 quick match - Crap, assisted kiddies galore, completely pointless.
Online 1v1 manual custom match - Great stuff, really fun with a large variety of teams being picked, people playing good football and sending messages like "good game" after matches... Best online 1v1 since PES5, could be further improved if you got more time on the ball and the collisions/jostling system was improved.
Online BAP quick match - Not as bad as 09, especially in the Pro Ranked matches where people use their VPs, but still a bit of a joke football match... Good if you want to get defensive accomplishments though, as tossers sprint right at you a lot of the time.
Online Clubs - It was the best mode of 09 and it's been improved... Using our Virtual Pros adds a personal touch to it and it's much better than just using 85 stat real players.
Of course there's still crappy cheap assisted goals and almost everyone double-sprint-pressures leading to some very frustrating games, but it's still probably the best part of FIFA.

It's first FIFA I bought since FIFA 07 on PS2 and I was was very excited at first but I have to agree with most of the negative sentiments.
I feel like I've been hoodwinked by the silver-tongued Rutter and the FIFA hype machine.
The single-player is just not playable imo and online isn't really my thing because people just try to exploit cheap goals every time.
I found it hard last night to get a match using the filters for smaller clubs as well.
I've already swapped it for NFS: Shift with my friend who was pretty surprised.
I wasn't that impressed with PES2010 btw but I feel that it's more of a keeper.
It's the last time I fall for the FIFA hype.

so sounds like this is par for the course with fifa, shitty vs the cpu, great against sim manual online players, or offline with mates.... Im not surpised at all. Sucks for the MM crowd. Great for the guys like me who only play with mates or dudes i met here in 1 v 1 manual matches.

and there it is....the first game crash. Just scored a wonder goal (which i recorded on my mobile and will upload to youtube tomorrow) then the game just freezes and i have to totally quit. Nice. Just aswell, im in work at 4am.

Exploiting it how?!??
They would put about 6 players in defence and it would be absolutely impossible to break down, then they would do long balls/chipped through balls up to a strong striker and exploit the player switching/defensive AI then do a one-two or another chipped through ball and be through on goal... really shit.

Here's an example:
2009-14.jpg

Couple of questions regarding Pro Club Championships that I hope you guys can answer!

Rutter talked about 'form' prior to the release of the game, claiming that even if you bought a 'Store Boost', if you played badly for a game or two, your stats would drop. I see no evidence of this, am I missing something? Does my form / stats improve if I play well?

Also, is it possible to change the DEFAULT formation for your Pro Club online? I have a player who has his Pro as a CAM, but everytime we start it sticks him on the LM because we haven't got a CAM in our formation.

that list is massive and i have to say, playing a MM with newcastle, i encountered most of the bugs.

serious wtf regarding their beta test department

that list is massive and i have to say, playing a MM with newcastle, i encountered most of the bugs.

serious wtf regarding their beta test department

Do they even have one? Or if they have one they aren't football gamers or football fans for that matter. They are just the Battlefield game testers.

With all the bugs and negativity I am really a bit worried I might be getting a game that will not last me the 12 months 09 lasted me.

So you're fine with the defensive side of the gameplay? The player switching is still as bad as it's ever been (they haven't fixed this in the past 3 editions of the game), the GK AI is very poor (goalkeeper rush doesn't even work in some circumstances and on the whole it's pretty poorly implemented). The CPU GK AI is superhuman, saving the majority of shots from short range and long range - leaving you with a very limited range of attack - it makes you wonder why most goals are scored from cutback tap-ins and crossed headers. The CPU continually presses you the majority of the match on anything above Professional difficulty, and gets away with murder with their persistent fouling. It's cheating, and you would not get away with it when playing against another human, so why against the CPU?

The AI needs a complete rework if you ask me. Tweaking obviously hasn't done the trick and they've had 3 attempts at it already. They need to take it back to the drawing board. They've done a fantastic job on the offensive side of the game, but overall the gameplay for me is severely let down by the issues in defence. After all if you can't control your defence properly, it becomes a game of who can score the most rather than a proper game of football.

I say they still need to concentrate on the gameplay; they're halfway there and it's a LOT better than 09, but there's still a way to go before it's as perfect as some people on here seem to think it is.
I totally agree with that. The game is great but the AI (even my team's AI) ruins it with its lack of tactical approach.

Sliders would be great especially if they were like the 2k5 NFL games where you could set the AI to be better or worse in certain situations. I'd love to be able to force the AI to be more deadly up front without having to deal with the cheats that come from the higher difficulty settings.

In my ideal world the game wouldn't need a 'difficulty setting', the difficulty of each game would be determined by the player/team stats.
Man, that would be perfect!

:SHOCK:seeing all those bug list clearly ea rush their game without realise that bug still in the game..look like i'm not gonna buy it :TTTH: because manager mode where i'm gonna most spend my time playing rather online unless they fix it with a patch..

Wow. One more thing, in the demo there was no option to make subs at half time; is it the same in the full game?
There is the usual pause menu if you press B/circle. I haven't tried to make subs at half time though.

Now I need to know something. There a menu that comes up when I press up on the Dpad with offside/opposite side attack/.. How do I edit it? There is only quick tactics for pressing down on the Dpad but not up!!

I hope all coming reviews make sure to highlight all these bugs and remove at least 10% of the rating. No way that they should be able to reach 90% metarating with this many bugs in the game. I've seen a lot of videos of those long shots from own half with stupid ball physics now. What a joke. And seeing that 50+ list of MM bugs is just crazy too.

Anyone have anything to add to this list of Manager Mode issues / issues that affect Manager Mode?....

I assume you are gonna post this on the FIFA message board, but do you have any direct access to EA dev teams considering you had certain 'press' privileges during development?

Also, overall I doubt EA will 'care'. They will point to sales figures etc. So we need to do what we can to get this list out there and make people aware that FIFA is being rushed now and we are being lied too about features and quality.

So that list needs to be posted on other message boards, emailed into mags like Edge and GamesTM etc. They wont print the whole list, but maybe they will do a small feature on it??

If we dont get decent answers from EA in the next few weeks, then I'm gonna be really loathed to get FIFA11.

Last edited:
I assume you are gonna post this on the FIFA message board, but do you have any direct access to EA dev teams considering you had certain 'press' privileges during development?

Also, overall I doubt EA will 'care'. They will point to sales figures etc. So we need to do what we can to get this list out there and make people aware that FIFA is being rushed now and we are being lied too about features and quality.

So that list needs to be posted on other message boards, emailed into mags like Edge and GamesTM etc. They wont print the whole list, but maybe they will do a small feature on it??

If we dont get decent answers from EA in the next few weeks, then I'm gonna be really loathed to get FIFA11.

I understand the logic by trying to get EA to fix it but its a disgrace that you actually have to give feedback on a product after you purchase it to make it work properly.

The game is a bug fest and is ruining the enjoyment for alot of people. The gameplay is good with only a few issues that need sorting but the rest has taken one huge leap backwards.

I've also noticed that the loading screens are alot longer with some temporary freezes whilst it is thinking what to do.

I just feel that what has been released is part of the cycle of churning out football games each year, remove, replace, remove, replace,worsen, improve, worsen, improve.etc,etc,etc.

The very nature of the game dictates what they have to do to make sure next years sales are not affected and that is often tweaking something this year so it can be perceived to be a better game than the last.

Very poor EA and it is a million miles off the hype over the past months.

There is the usual pause menu if you press B/circle. I haven't tried to make subs at half time though.

Now I need to know something. There a menu that comes up when I press up on the Dpad with offside/opposite side attack/.. How do I edit it? There is only quick tactics for pressing down on the Dpad but not up!!

It's cause those 4 are the only one that exist in the game. I think I remember PES having at least 10 options.

Seems to me after the successes of FIFA 08 and FIFA 09, EA have gone back to releasing bug ridden/rushed games. The online is great but offline game sucks at the moment.

Last edited:
Seems to me after the successes of FIFA 08 and FIFA 09, EA have gone back to releasing bug ridden/rushed games. The online is great but offline game is sucks at the moment.

In FIFA 08 I remember just the corner glitch. In 09 it was the throughball,dream teams, corner glitch, halfway line shooting. This year it's 50+ bugs

Back
Top Bottom