FIFA 10

All we need is a single post stating they are aware, it's beginning to look like the bug's are excessive and EA need to say something...

I'm not asking for a list of what they intend to fix...

but there's been a bloke on the ea forums saying "thanks guys, I'm sending this to the team in the morning" - he's posted about three times in the MM Feedback thread.

All we need is a single post stating they are aware, it's beginning to look like the bug's are excessive and EA need to say something...

I think Rutter did post something along the lines of they're aware of us logging bugs and they'll try to recreate them but they're not promising anything.

Indeed. They're probably too busy rolling around in a lot of cash. ;)

I think some people were expecting too much from EA on the MM side, we have had little to nothing in the way of progression in the past and TBH it's changed little this time, the things that should have improved it no end are the buggiest things in there, that may kill it for people...

I just hope we are not going to see EA sitting back as Konami did and make little tweaks here and there for the next two years.

Given there is a WC game to bring out and at least another patch on this the signs are there...:((

but there's been a bloke on the ea forums saying "thanks guys, I'm sending this to the team in the morning" - he's posted about three times in the MM Feedback thread.

I think Rutter did post something along the lines of they're aware of us logging bugs and they'll try to recreate them but they're not promising anything.

If there is I apologise as I must have missed it, I've been in there calling for Marcel and Rutter's nuts on a salver... :P

I think some people were expecting too much from EA on the MM side, we have had little to nothing in the way of progression in the past and TBH it's changed little this time, the things that should have improved it no end are the buggiest things in there, that may kill it for people...

I just hope we are not going to see EA sitting back as Konami did and make little tweaks here and there for the next two years.

Given there is a WC game to bring out and at least another patch on this the signs are there...:((

I think expecting it to work is not expecting too much? ;)

Well, this is what was expected. To be fair, it's probably accurate, but they don't mention the bugs it's also riddled with, detracting from how good this mode should actually be :

FIFA 10 Manager Mode Improvements

* A more user-friendly manager mode hub/desktop
* More user-friendly navigation system
* Ability to edit kit numbers
* Improved Financial System
* New wage budget
* New board difficulty level setting
* New level of authenticity and realism with regard to signing players
* 2-tier bidding for players, first agree fee with club then agree terms with the player
* Manual growth removed but replaced with improved authentic/realistic auto-growth
* New scout ability to predict future growth of players
* Pre-season friendlies added, arranged by the new Assistant Manager
* The Assistant Manager will also assess the importance of upcoming matches and rotate your line-up for you. This is especially visible in early cup games, where you can see that your star players often get a rest in these games. He can also be turned off so you can take care of all the team management without him interfering.
* Board confidence update after every game
* Ability to renogotiate with players immediately and not through negotiation history
* Transfer rumours
* CPU squad rotation
* Fix to the long-term injury bug i.e. there will be long term injuries
* No "available negotiations" cap, unlimitied number of transfer offers depending on your available budget
* Final decision on player transfers. You can bid for multiple players for the same position and if they all accept then you can choose which players to sign and which not to sign.
* Manager mode will not end if you get sacked, your reputation will take a hit and you will get offers from other clubs.
* You will receive job offers at the end of a season "The better your Reputation, the better the offers will be. You will be able to see their squads overall as well as their key players in every area of their squad. The clubs financial situation will be shown as well. "
* Able to assign generic stadiums to clubs and rename them, and set weather conditions for that stadium.
* Improved atmosphere in matches with rivals and more 'frantic' celebrations
* Ability to view opponents starting 11 pre-match
* Ability to shortlist up to 20 players
* Computer generated player names will be regionalized, "no more Scott McFadden from Brazil"
* Additional in-game commentary inc "Transfer speech, Player Form Speech, Board Confidence comments and much more to come"
* Players are no longer tied to a club for 12 months after signing, they can move on as early as the next transfer window
* Financial bonus for promotion, to help bolster your squad
* Players will develop at other clubs, not just the user controlled one
* You can set the age of your created player and assign him to your MM club
* You can also edit the stats of your created player
* Contract length plays a role in the market value of a player
* English play-off finals will be played at Wembley
* New stats screen which tracks goal assists
* No limit on how much you can offer for a player, if you have the funds you can make the offer
* Player form, based on the last 5 matches [especially the last 2-3], will affect a players attributes and market value

* Ability to edit kit numbers
Which is needed because every new signing gets the 2 shirt no matter if it's already assigned.

* New board difficulty level setting
So you now get fired when in 3rd place and told that you definitely should have won that cup match away to ManUtd despite the fact you're Scunthorpe.

* New level of authenticity and realism with regard to signing players
Now nobody will sign for you, it's like Chelsea after the embargo.

* The Assistant Manager will also assess the importance of upcoming matches and rotate your line-up for you. This is especially visible in early cup games, where you can see that your star players often get a rest in these games. He can also be turned off so you can take care of all the team management without him interfering.
Yes he'll now place your slow CB's at LB, your forwards at CM and your goalkeeper up front. And he'll not stop tinkering despite being turned off.

* Ability to renogotiate with players immediately and not through negotiation history
So you can keep bidding for players you can never sign and are never told why they won't sign......

* CPU squad rotation
Giggs at LB, Vidic/Ferdinand at fullback and Brown/Evra at CB

* Fix to the long-term injury bug i.e. there will be long term injuries
Now there are no injuries, or if you're very, very lucky you might see 3 one week injuries in a season.

* Manager mode will not end if you get sacked, your reputation will take a hit and you will get offers from other clubs.
Now you get sacked even if 3rd in the league and still in both cups.....

* Able to assign generic stadiums to clubs and rename them, and set weather conditions for that stadium.
Now you get to play in night matches and rain 12 months of the year, or if you're really lucky play on a white pitch with a white ball.

* Ability to view opponents starting 11 pre-match
So you can see how the form system has removed the legs of a number of players and how out of position everyone is being played.

* Ability to shortlist up to 20 players
Actually it seems to be a max of 9 for me?

* Additional in-game commentary inc "Transfer speech, Player Form Speech, Board Confidence comments and much more to come"
Now you get to hear about losing 1-0 when it's actually 1-1 and how your striker is on a terrible run despite scoring in the first half.....

* English play-off finals will be played at Wembley
And at night probably, like the FA Cup final......

* New stats screen which tracks goal assists
So you can see that your goalkeeper has been given all the assists.......

* No limit on how much you can offer for a player, if you have the funds you can make the offer
But then the transfer will fail and you won't be told why, no matter how much you bid......

* Player form, based on the last 5 matches [especially the last 2-3], will affect a players attributes and market value
Score 10 goals in a match and see his form DROP.

Fixed for you ;)

played this online for the first time last night and i was shocking.

don't get me wrong, it's not the game it's everyone playing on assisted everything, playing ping pong football whilst your passes on semi and manual are far less accurate. You give tyhe ball away, the opposition fires 6 first time balls and they're in your box for a goal or shot.

I need to play semi and manual folk and play iot like football not "lets see how many goals I can get in 10 minutes. It's just an end to end button mash and not at all enjoyable.

looks like friends listy only:CONFUSE:

I really can't see how anybody is enjoying online with standard settings, but then again, we are not the typical customers it seems

as of the flawed MM, online and ALS shines for me now, which is exactly the opposite to 09 :-)

Shame really as FIFA 10 is semi-ruined - and its a return to form for EA Sports releasing buggy software.

You just cannot believe it got tested. It always amazes me how they will just shovel this out to make a deadline, when more closed BETA testng with select members of the community would improve things no end. Christ, I bet most community members would do the testing for free.

FIFA 11 - leave the on the pitch stuff pretty much as it is (maybe tighten up the collision detection v strength thing) - and concentrate on EVERYTHING else :LOL:

Shame as on the pitch, its on the whole pretty amazing (dont tell EA that!)

Well, all of those MM bugs would mean nothing to me if I at least got the chance to play in Europe with my Hammarby (Sweden). It does get annoying playing the same 15 teams 35+ times each season..

Shame really as FIFA 10 is semi-ruined - and its a return to form for EA Sports releasing buggy software.

You just cannot believe it got tested. It always amazes me how they will just shovel this out to make a deadline, when more closed BETA testng with select members of the community would improve things no end. Christ, I bet most community members would do the testing for free.

FIFA 11 - leave the on the pitch stuff pretty much as it is (maybe tighten up the collision detection v strength thing) - and concentrate on EVERYTHING else :LOL:

Shame as on the pitch, its on the whole pretty amazing (dont tell EA that!)

So you're fine with the defensive side of the gameplay? The player switching is still as bad as it's ever been (they haven't fixed this in the past 3 editions of the game), the GK AI is very poor (goalkeeper rush doesn't even work in some circumstances and on the whole it's pretty poorly implemented). The CPU GK AI is superhuman, saving the majority of shots from short range and long range - leaving you with a very limited range of attack - it makes you wonder why most goals are scored from cutback tap-ins and crossed headers. The CPU continually presses you the majority of the match on anything above Professional difficulty, and gets away with murder with their persistent fouling. It's cheating, and you would not get away with it when playing against another human, so why against the CPU?

The AI needs a complete rework if you ask me. Tweaking obviously hasn't done the trick and they've had 3 attempts at it already. They need to take it back to the drawing board. They've done a fantastic job on the offensive side of the game, but overall the gameplay for me is severely let down by the issues in defence. After all if you can't control your defence properly, it becomes a game of who can score the most rather than a proper game of football.

I say they still need to concentrate on the gameplay; they're halfway there and it's a LOT better than 09, but there's still a way to go before it's as perfect as some people on here seem to think it is.

Last edited:
So you're fine with the defensive side of the gameplay? The player switching is still as bad as it's ever been (they haven't fixed this in the past 3 editions of the game), the GK AI is very poor (goalkeeper rush doesn't even work in some circumstances and on the whole it's pretty poorly implemented). The CPU GK AI is superhuman, saving the majority of shots from short range and long range - leaving you with a very limited range of attack - it makes you wonder why most goals are scored from cutback tap-ins and crossed headers. The CPU continually presses you the majority of the match on anything above Professional difficulty, and gets away with murder with their persistent fouling. It's cheating, and you would get away with it when playing against another human, so why against the CPU?

The AI needs a complete rework if you ask me. Tweaking obviously hasn't done the trick and they've had 3 attempts at it already. They need to take it back to the drawing board. They've done a fantastic job on the offensive side of the game, but overall the gameplay for me is severely let down by the issues in defence. After all if you can't control your defence properly, it becomes a game of who can score the most rather than a proper game of football.

I say they still need to concentrate on the gameplay on the pitch and a lot would agree with me judging by the posts in here and on the EA boards. They're halfway there and it's a LOT better than 09, but there's still a way to go before it's as perfect as some people on here seem to think it is.

Personal opinions I spose. I play on Pro and find it about an enjoyable game of football I've played. No football game is perfect, there are just too many variables - millions. Its impossible for them to cover everything.

I'm saying there are more pressing problems now than on the pitch issues for me.

I guess anyone playing on the hardest difficulty will find room to complain, but it must be exceptionally hard to grade difficulty in football games and its always going to appear 'cheaty' at the highest level to give you a challenge.

If they scrap this engine and start again as you suggest, they may never get here again (which is why I say that fundamentally, PES will never change, Gran Turismo will never change etc - its the games DNA).

Tweak it sure, but how much more tweaking can this engine take? The big problem with FIFA is that as a 'whole' its flawed. The front-end engine is creaking. Its hard to navigate, cannot edit much and anything you do edit either gets corrupted or overwritten. Its just not user intuitive any more.

If THAT was improved, then maybe we could get proper sliders and make the game how WE want. Perhaps share the sliders - i.e. if we played each other, then average out our joint sliders so its a fair game.

I dunno... still... 2 weeks till PES :) Despite the rush of sales of FIFA10, if any of this bug stuff gets wide spread (and it SHOULD), then PES could be nicely placed to pick up some sales from trade-ins.

Personal opinions I spose. I play on Pro and find it about an enjoyable game of football I've played. No football game is perfect, there are just too many variables - millions. Its impossible for them to cover everything.

I'm saying there are more pressing problems now than on the pitch issues for me.

I guess anyone playing on the hardest difficulty will find room to complain, but it must be exceptionally hard to grade difficulty in football games and its always going to appear 'cheaty' at the highest level to give you a challenge.

If they scrap this engine and start again as you suggest, they may never get here again (which is why I say that fundamentally, PES will never change, Gran Turismo will never change etc - its the games DNA).

Tweak it sure, but how much more tweaking can this engine take? The big problem with FIFA is that as a 'whole' its flawed. The front-end engine is creaking. Its hard to navigate, cannot edit much and anything you do edit either gets corrupted or overwritten. Its just not user intuitive any more.

If THAT was improved, then maybe we could get proper sliders and make the game how WE want. Perhaps share the sliders - i.e. if we played each other, then average out our joint sliders so its a fair game.

I dunno... still... 2 weeks till PES :) Despite the rush of sales of FIFA10, if any of this bug stuff gets wide spread (and it SHOULD), then PES could be nicely placed to pick up some sales from trade-ins.

Pro difficuly would be great if the CPU shot on goal more. It the one thing letting pro difficulty down.

I'm playing La Liga and haven't made more than 2 substitutions in 5 games yet all my players are 100% fit. Is this going to change anytime soon?

I only played 4 games and Ben Arfa was only half fit when it comes to stamina.

Last edited:

Thing is the majority really dont care about or notice these bugs. I got 2 people at work who play Fifa. They just stick it on assisted and away they go. The only thing they have noticed is some of the MM stats not being correct but they can live with that.

why is it sayin that the bernabeu is out of date in the FIfa store?
How do you update it?

or is this a bug?

have this problem too

it works, Bernabeu is assigned to Real, but it keeps saying that it's out of date, which is annoying (but not that big compared to the rest of the bugs ;-) )

have redownloaded and updated it several times now

Is anyone else having trouble with goalkeepers still rushing out? Double tapping yellow does nothing for me, the goalkeeper keeps coming out. Also i thought we were told we could make the goalkeeper stand big in one on one situations, anyone know how to do this?

I doubt it

Is anyone else having trouble with goalkeepers still rushing out? Double tapping yellow does nothing for me, the goalkeeper keeps coming out. Also i thought we were told we could make the goalkeeper stand big in one on one situations, anyone know how to do this?

I don't know about making the keeper stand big, but double tapping the yellow works for me.

Last edited:
:SHOCK: Have you upped your coaches...

I'm talking league mode not MM. I was hoping to get some practice but it doesn't seem I need it. I've played 6 and only dropped points against Madrid in a draw. I was squeezing the crap out of them to the point where Pepe had to be sent off for fouling Ibracadabra, who by the way is a fucking legend in this game.

I dont get it. I'm playing on World Class with all semi except shooting (manual) and through balls (assisted) and I'm ruling the league.
Up until lastnight I was getting creamed in all my exhibition matches.

Back
Top Bottom