FIFA 10

It would have been a better comparison to use teams with similar star levels. Try this, Acrington Stanley v Shrewsbury Town. These really are 'lower league' teams 1 star and below, now tell me if you notice a difference between those teams (apart from the kits and appearances of the players of course). You can't really, they are grouped into that same generic category of not being very good. In fact try playing Notts County v Brighton and Hove Albion and tell me there's a difference. They are in different leagues, but they feel the same when you play with them. That's what people mean when they say there is little individuality/difference between them.

Considering that as already mentioned there's a bug whereby every single English team outside the prem is playing the exact same way it's not surprise that it's hard to differentiate between the teams ;)

Sadly, I don't know if the bugs will be ironed out any time soon, so it's a case of sticking by it, or shelving it until it's rectified.

I sacked off the Manager Mode last night and instead opted to play a bit of offline Live Season, taking control of Spurs and trying to change their fortunes (although they've done pretty well on their own!).

Beat Liverpool 2-1 (same as reality), and won the following 2 games, too. No bugs, no transfer discrepancies, no form errors, just a few decent games of football which will suit me until the patch comes out, if it even does. Once I've finished Spurs' 8 games, I'll try it with Juventus or maybe Bayern. It's not all bad.

I think they could solve the issue in a simple way: just rename Manager Mode into Bug's Mode.....

MM is the one reason most people buy the game for, so it has to be excellent. I used to be an on line player but i am getting too old for all those retarted kids playing barca and exploiting the game cheats, so off line mm coop with a friend is the most fun thing about the game (and any other game).

I'm absolutely disgusted with the bugs in MM - fundamental issues that anybody would have seen by playing just a couple of games:

Piss-poor CPU team rotation (Giggs at CB and Evra at RB vs Man U, Lescott at RB when Hibbert who is a RB is picked at CB vs Everton - I could go...)
Irregular replays - mis-hit a shot and get 3 replays, score a great goal and get none.
Raining almost every game at the start of the season.
Snow+white ball = fail.
Snow scooped up around the pitch for games held in August.
Substitutions cut scene often doesn't even complete telling you who is coming on and who is going off.
Crap highlight selections at half and full time - score three goals but see only one of them plus two shitty saves from the keeper.
Irrelevant commentary - 15 games into the season and they're STILL talking about the season being fresh. Liverpool apparently have new owners too....just like FIFA09 - I must have missed that bit on the news?
Being sacked after 15 games when I'm second in the league and still in the one cup competition we've played in so far.
Half empty (or half-full) stadium irrespective of the fixture, league standings.

I think I'll stop there cause I'm getting angry again.

I'm the closest I've ever been to returning a game due to it's bugs. It's only that I'm optimistic that a patch would sort *some* of these things out that stops me. Oh and that it's the best football game I've ever played despite all of that ^^^.

/rant

Yup it's absolutely riddled with bugs, possibly the worst Fifa to date for them, I'd also say it's the worst Fifa to date for kits, 9/10 kits has something wrong, so damn annoying that on the pitch it's IMO the best simulation of football to date, so we just have to keep on at EA until they fix all the stupid MM bugs that ruin the mode, post on the EA forums, Twitter to EA, do whatever you can to sustain the voice of discontent to EA to make sure they don't think we're accepting it and they don't need to fix it.

Just had some weirdness on my BAPS. I'm a right midfielder. We're drawing 1-1 at home in a game we should be trying to win, with 5 minutes left the manager takes one of the strikers off and puts a right back on... strange I thought, then I started to notice my positional indicator was telling me I should be inside a lot more. I pause and go check the player ratings menu and notice I've been put upfront! Might have been nice to have been told! :DOH:

At least it was 2 forwards on at the start this game, the last 4 have been 1 striker and one midfielder upfront! :?

Yup it's absolutely riddled with bugs, possibly the worst Fifa to date for them, I'd also say it's the worst Fifa to date for kits, 9/10 kits has something wrong, so damn annoying that on the pitch it's IMO the best simulation of football to date, so we just have to keep on at EA until they fix all the stupid MM bugs that ruin the mode, post on the EA forums, Twitter to EA, do whatever you can to sustain the voice of discontent to EA to make sure they don't think we're accepting it and they don't need to fix it.

Indeed. Which makes it all the more worrying when there are threads on the EA forums or via Twittering saying, "Don't listen to the negatives, it's perfect, don't change it!" and the like. Ridiculous.

There are serious flaws which need rectifying, and fast. I think David Rutter is currently on holiday, as is Marcel who has his finger in the Management pie, I believe.

Could be a long few weeks.

Yep Scutch I believe Marcel is off on honeymoon and Rutter on hols.

What people who are so heavily involved in a project book the first two weeks after go-live? I'd be sacked if I was so shoddy in my Project Management planning.

I've Twittered Rutter asking if MM is likely to be fixed soon, I don't expect much of a response.

One more 'FIFA over-compensation': I play in MM with United, and every single match so far either Nani or Valencia (or whoever else I have on the wing) has been injured. Literally, every single match. To my knowledge, Valencia is hardly injury-prone!

What is kind of cool is that the latest injury occurred after the final kick. I took a shot with Nani and he got hit after the fact, stayed down rolling around as the final whistle went. Wasn't until the medical update I even knew he was hurt!

I played a match v spurs online and Andy Gray was talking about what a great job Martin Jol has done with the side. Thats shocking!!

How can it even be legal to sell a game for £50 that has so many flaws and bugs? They talk about all the fantastic improvements for MM and how great it is, but when released it's nothing like that. Pretty close to false marketing IMO. Just imagine a company selling TV's that goes black and white from time to time or turn themselves off etc. They would get sued ffs. Maybe a bad comparison but you get my point.
I love how the game plays, but these bugs are not acceptable. It's pathetic really.

played this online for the first time last night and i was shocking.

don't get me wrong, it's not the game it's everyone playing on assisted everything, playing ping pong football whilst your passes on semi and manual are far less accurate. You give tyhe ball away, the opposition fires 6 first time balls and they're in your box for a goal or shot.

I need to play semi and manual folk and play iot like football not "lets see how many goals I can get in 10 minutes. It's just an end to end button mash and not at all enjoyable.

looks like friends listy only:CONFUSE:

don't get me wrong, it's not the game it's everyone playing on assisted everything, playing ping pong football whilst your passes on semi and manual are far less accurate. You give tyhe ball away, the opposition fires 6 first time balls and they're in your box for a goal or shot.

I need to play semi and manual folk and play iot like football not "lets see how many goals I can get in 10 minutes. It's just an end to end button mash and not at all enjoyable.

Set up custom matches on all manual or semi. You usually get someone quite quickly. I had 3 yesterday and they were great games. Its the only way to go.

These manual people usually pick a mixture of teams aswell. Yesterday I played with French second division teams. Wolves vs stoke and some spanish second division teams. Was really good fun.

I'm playing BAP:S and i aint seen any bugs

you lot are to fussy ;)

Noticed a fair few on BAP:S, the same ones that were in 09 as well.

Mainly the system not registering positive marks for a period, and generic players not wanting to pass the ball.

Ah i have seen marks thing so i guess i just got used to it :LOL:

I was talking of bugs that ruin the gameplay though, i aint seen any of them

I haven't played any MM, i'm still learning the game.
First of all i have to get used to the 360 controller and then i decided to play on manual passing (not shooting)...i'm playing sunday league football with world class teams like Sevilla, Wolfsburg, Spurs...

The strange thing is that i play better with minions like Sochaux, Valenciennes and Belgian teams...i have the distinct impression that my passing play is better with lesser teams.

I haven't played any MM, i'm still learning the game.
First of all i have to get used to the 360 controller and then i decided to play on manual passing (not shooting)...i'm playing sunday league football with world class teams like Sevilla, Wolfsburg, Spurs...

The strange thing is that i play better with minions like Sochaux, Valenciennes and Belgian teams...i have the distinct impression that my passing play is better with lesser teams.

I'm also learning the controls gerd. I'd suggest slowly changing the settings to manual via semi. I have all things that can be on semi - on semi and the others are assisted for now. My passing and shooting are currently on semi, as well as something else (can't remember) and i can see some of my passes aren't great. I definitely play better with the bigger teams (as expected). I gave Real Madrid a beating with Schalke.

Fancy a game this week gerd? :COOL: (if my internet is stays stable)

Do not play games vs the assisted lot if you want to enjoy online FIFA 10. I would rather wait and try and find someone to play on semi controls. Last night me and my bro (IWGP4Nagata) were searching at the same time and we got picked to play each other in a ranked match.

quality game that finished 1-1.. two great goal also! :)

I thought the AI were supposed to use a squad rotation thing and play a weaker side against crappy opponents?

I'm Notts County in MM and just went up against Arsenal in the cup (this was about 3 games into the start of the season) and they sent out a full all star squad. I can see that they might have wanted to win the game to get off to a good start and their squad were probably all at full for stamina so no need to rotate but they didn't even bother having 1 star player mixed with 1 young reserve. I'm a 2 star team in the bottom division, so an all star team seemed a bit over the top.

I'm playing BAP:S and i aint seen any bugs

you lot are to fussy ;)

My first BAP match, my VP scored from 1cm out, basically on the goalline, I unlocked the accomplishment for scoring from outside the box.......

I thought the AI were supposed to use a squad rotation thing and play a weaker side against crappy opponents?

I'm Notts County in MM and just went up against Arsenal in the cup (this was about 3 games into the start of the season) and they sent out a full all star squad. I can see that they might have wanted to win the game to get off to a good start and their squad were probably all at full for stamina so no need to rotate but they didn't even bother having 1 star player mixed with 1 young reserve. I'm a 2 star team in the bottom division, so an all star team seemed a bit over the top.

Stuff like this needs reporting on the EA forums so it's noticed by all, also twitter about it to @EAUK_FIFA @ruttski and @EARom if you have a twitter account.

It really is a shame things like MM and BAP Seasons are broken for know.

Luckily things like Exhibition Mode, Live Seasons, Leagues/Cups and Clubs are the things that keep this going

My first BAP match, my VP scored from 1cm out, basically on the goalline, I unlocked the accomplishment for scoring from outside the box.......

Does that really matter though?

If it affected gameplay and allowed people to cheat and stuff i would be the first to moan (the easy chipping pissed me off in 09) but i cant see any of the in 10, i only see these minor things that are immaterial

I just wonder why so many people moan about the bugs for the manager mode. Do you think its easy for a company in a 1 year period to make the perfect gameplay-manager-wise game?
Another one think that bugs me is why so many people bother about manager mode. EA need to work more on online modes and not manager mode which is only an offline experience. Me personally i would prefer to play Football manager if i want to have a proper manager experience. I play Fifa because of the on-the-pitch action a.k.a gameplay.

They need to give us the freedom to create online tournaments where you can have your stats and make divisions to play with your "manual" friends etc. I think you know what i mean.

Does that really matter though?

Who says it matters? It's a bug, just pointing it out :)

I just wonder why so many people moan about the bugs for the manager mode. Do you think its easy for a company in a 1 year period to make the perfect gameplay-manager-wise game?
Another one think that bugs me is why so many people bother about manager mode. EA need to work more on online modes and not manager mode which is only an offline experience. Me personally i would prefer to play Football manager if i want to have a proper manager experience. I play Fifa because of the on-the-pitch action a.k.a gameplay.

They need to give us the freedom to create online tournaments where you can have your stats and make divisions to play with your "manual" friends etc. I think you know what i mean.

LOL selfish much? If you don't like manager mode yourself that's fine and dandy but you can fuck right off with your attitude thank you, I can't stand online but I respect that many people love online, only ever want to play online and I want online to be working right for them, I've helped campaign for online filters for a long time even though I don't play online, I protested against the use of "bought stats" for VP even though it would never affect me, try showing a little respect to others and their interests.

What have been people's experience with the chip shot online. Plenty people have tried it v me but my keeper has saved all the time. I think its funny when people get chances but seem to think chipping is a cert goal.

Back
Top Bottom