FIFA 10

My biggest problem so far is crossing. It's way too artificial, i have the feeling it was boosted to max it out but if does feel little connected to the real action.

I played only multiplayers so i can't comment on the AI.

Why can i only make 3 subs in the pre-season friendlies in MM. Sort of defeats the point of having friendlies in the first place.

It's official Del Alpi at dusk is absolutely marvelous. The way the light passes through on certain areas of the pitch and when the light catches players in these areas is just awesome.

olimpico dust is also beautiful. very good lightning effects

Just started MM with forrest,played Boro beat them 3-0,then played OL 2-2 and then B.Leverkusen and got smashed 6-0.All friendly games but anyone who says with lower teams there's not much difference IMO needs to take a nap.Awesome fricking game this.

Now that i have played the game straight for 3 days i havent really any words of praise to give to the EA developers. Congratulations, thanks you is very little words to describe what i feel about this game. Probably is the best computer game that i have ever played. I am really looking forward to Fifa's future which will be very bright. No doubt.

i must say the online side of things is a bloody joke. most people get kicked out of "every" online game they play in. It has happened to me and 20 others who are on my Virtual Pro club.

Check out the fifa forums. 99% of fifa fans are complaining about bugs. its one of the most buggiest fifa games i have played imo.

they better fix this quickly. This game should have had a open beta for the online side of the game. it has become soo complex online with the amount of features and options involved it really needs an open beta testing done like in MAG.

i must say the online side of things is a bloody joke. most people get kicked out of "every" online game they play in. It has happened to me and 20 others who are on my Virtual Pro club.

Check out the fifa forums. 99% of fifa fans are complaining about bugs. its one of the most buggiest fifa games i have played imo.

they better fix this quickly. This game should have had a open beta for the online side of the game. it has become soo complex online with the amount of features and options involved it really needs an open beta testing done like in MAG.
Rutter said there weren't any bugs though. :CONFUSE:

Just started MM with forrest,played Boro beat them 3-0,then played OL 2-2 and then B.Leverkusen and got smashed 6-0.All friendly games but anyone who says with lower teams there's not much difference IMO needs to take a nap.Awesome fricking game this.

Have to agree. I have played OL, and PSG and noticed such a difference between them and Grenoble for instance.

Rutter said there weren't any bugs though. :CONFUSE:
It's been said before that he was referring to the FIFA 09 bugs.

Even then I've spotted a few things though, not bugs per sé but... The CPU hacking you down when you're on the wings and only ever getting a yellow card for example...

Just awesome game :)

Scored my first 'proper' goals on manual shooting (ie not tap ins). With Wigan, scored a nice header with Scotland from Koumas' long cross and my second with Kapo was a peach - worked well wide, crossed in and met full on the volley slicing it into the corner from 12 yards.

Uploaded that to EA (first time :)), which worked, but cannot view it as the EA sites are down.

But a great game then - beat Citeh 2-0 and had to work hard. Finally feels like a game I'm getting more to grips with (on Pro) and am creating nice build up play and also defending well by standing off, pressing when needed etc.

Hell, I'm even getting the hang of skill dribble - using Koumas to jink between 2 oncoming Citeh defenders and sprinting clear.

FIFA really is a game you have to work at so hard to get to grips with, but its so worth it. Every game I play I feel like "next game I'm going to have this cracked" :LOL: Perhaps the next game!?

Just started MM with forrest (Nottingham Forest?),played Boro beat them 3-0,then played OL 2-2 and then B.Leverkusen and got smashed 6-0.All friendly games but anyone who says with lower teams there's not much difference IMO needs to take a nap.Awesome fricking game this.

Have to agree. I have played OL, and PSG and noticed such a difference between them and Grenoble for instance.

Real 'lower-league' teams there then :DOH:. Of course there's a difference between Forest (second division 2.5 stars) and O.Lyon/B.Leverkisen/PSG (all 1st division in their respective countries - 4 stars or above). It's like comparing Peterborough with Chelsea - they are worlds apart, you are bound to see a difference.

It would have been a better comparison to use teams with similar star levels. Try this, Acrington Stanley v Shrewsbury Town. These really are 'lower league' teams 1 star and below, now tell me if you notice a difference between those teams (apart from the kits and appearances of the players of course). You can't really, they are grouped into that same generic category of not being very good. In fact try playing Notts County v Brighton and Hove Albion and tell me there's a difference. They are in different leagues, but they feel the same when you play with them. That's what people mean when they say there is little individuality/difference between them.

Last edited:

Even then I've spotted a few things though, not bugs per sé but... The CPU hacking you down when you're on the wings and only ever getting a yellow card for example...

Clever, now they have something to work on for FIFA 11 and they can call it a new feature. Fuckin' EA.

No such trouble on Xbox Live. Have played over 6 hours of Clubs today and didn't get kicked from a game once. And only 1 game out of 6 hours was laggy.

The surround sound needs fixing in the patch, sometimes the fans will be chanting then suddenly the audio stops and everything goes silent for a few seconds.

At the end of games they don't celebrate the win, its almost silent and its as if their giving off a meh reaction to the win.

The manual player switching is a piss take, its a disgrace.

The surround sound needs fixing in the patch, sometimes the fans will be chanting then suddenly the audio stops and everything goes silent for a few seconds.

At the end of games they don't celebrate the win, its almost silent and its as if their giving off a meh reaction to the win.

The manual player switching is a piss take, its a disgrace.

I thought that was my tv!!!!!

Yeah and now there are more bugs than 08 and 09 combined.

I'm struggling to find online games using the semi assisted filter. Whenever I do play someone I tend to rematch a fair amount since I don't know where the next match will come from!

I've been playing a lot of World Class A. Madrid vs Spurs offline - damn good fun. I think I'm getting a grip on manual through balls now. Just playing the ball out wide to a winger has a huge amount of depth, trying to play the ball as far forward and infield from the touchline as you can to let the ball do the work and so the winger can run full pelt without touching the ball as possible.

Started this in the PES section thought I'd move it over here

Right I'm a pro evo fan, gave up on pes2008, pes2009 took ages for me to get into, but was an improvement, flirted with Fifa 08 and 09 aswell, good games but no the same as PES.

So I bought Fifa on Friday mostly cause it was £25, and yeah it's a good game, smooth, good gameplay, however, I'm bored already, you can only score with 1 on 1's or crosses, the collision system is awful, the graphics are poor.

So I decided to play the PES2010 Demo again, and I love it, even though it's buggy, It's a better looking game, just hit a great shot from Villa, and got more excited than 2 days playing Fifa, scored a cracking header aswell.

It's just so much more playable, I'll keep fifa as my mates have it and it's worth a little play, but I'm sure PES will be awesome when released

Quote:
Originally Posted by gib2504
Right I'm a pro evo fan, gave up on pes2008, pes2009 took ages for me to get into, but was an improvement, flirted with Fifa 08 and 09 aswell, good games but no the same as PES.

So I bought Fifa on Friday mostly cause it was £25, and yeah it's a good game, smooth, good gameplay, however, I'm bored already, you can only score with 1 on 1's or crosses

Reply from liger05
Not sure what Fifa 10 you are playing but to say thats the only way to score is pure BS

There may be other ways, but I've played people online aswell, and that's the only way they've scored too, not once has a long range shot even gone on target, only time I've scored from outside the box was from a cross that went straight in.

Lets keep the Fifa talk to the FIFA forum, I was mentioning it to say how much I'm looking forward to PES, cause it's much more enjoyable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gib2504
There may be other ways, but I've played people online aswell, and that's the only way they've scored too, not once has a long range shot even gone on target, only time I've scored from outside the box was from a cross that went straight in.

Lets keep the Fifa talk to the FIFA forum, I was mentioning it to say how much I'm looking forward to PES, cause it's much more enjoyable

Reply from Rodelero
Does anyone find this kind of hypocrisy alarming?

"Let's criticise FIFA 10, but if anyone even starts a defence of it, we'll close any conversation, or worse"

It's hardly fair. Sorry to pick out you, this crap goes on both ways from lots of people. Either FIFA is going to be allowed some discussion, or it isn't. Declaring the discussion over just post unleashing a controversial splat... Hmph.

I am quite happy to continue to discuss Fifa, but don't want to get told off for chatting about Fifa in the PES area.

I'd love people to defend it, show me examples that prove me wrong so I know that it's just me and not the game.

I'll even post all this in the Fifa section to get it going.

gib, why not go to the FIFA 10 video thread? Almost every vid posted in there features goals that aren't 1 on 1's. I think most in here would roll their eyes at your opinions on goalscoring opportunities and graphics.

Last edited:
I'm struggling to find online games using the semi assisted filter. Whenever I do play someone I tend to rematch a fair amount since I don't know where the next match will come from!

I've been playing a lot of World Class A. Madrid vs Spurs offline - damn good fun. I think I'm getting a grip on manual through balls now. Just playing the ball out wide to a winger has a huge amount of depth, trying to play the ball as far forward and infield from the touchline as you can to let the ball do the work and so the winger can run full pelt without touching the ball as possible.
My problem with manual starts when I am in a critical position in front of goal. Most likely when there is another striker coming free I want to pass the ball to him but that would require turning the stick 35 degrees toward the striker!! It's so hard to adjust those kinds of degrees so quickly as I have to first go 45 deg then try to move 10 deg from there. Any thoughts would be welcome.

What I do is I try not to have the pass have too much power so that if I miss by a bit the player will have time to change his run and get it.

My problem with manual starts when I am in a critical position in front of goal. Most likely when there is another striker coming free I want to pass the ball to him but that would require turning the stick 35 degrees toward the striker!! It's so hard to adjust those kinds of degrees so quickly as I have to first go 45 deg then try to move 10 deg from there. Any thoughts would be welcome.

I know what you mean. I like to pass through balls in tight spaces.
FIFA10 is amazing in a sense of the degree of directions you can pass into, but it makes it extremely difficult to find the mark between 2 players or in tight angles because you dont have the sense of depth that you have in real life. I reckon try throughballs on assisted.

I played last night in mm coop with a friend. Never had so much fun since the time we played pes3 together. Still i think serie B stats are pretty random, i think it is about time they rely on fm stats or put in less leagues and give players proper stats. I mean i understand they have an enormous database but stats are essential.

Anyway what a game.

however, I'm bored already, you can only score with 1 on 1's or crosses, the collision system is awful, the graphics are poor.

I've scored and conceded plenty of them from outside the box, two of them are posted in the FIFA videos thread.

I'm absolutely disgusted with the bugs in MM - fundamental issues that anybody would have seen by playing just a couple of games:

Piss-poor CPU team rotation (Giggs at CB and Evra at RB vs Man U, Lescott at RB when Hibbert who is a RB is picked at CB vs Everton - I could go...)
Irregular replays - mis-hit a shot and get 3 replays, score a great goal and get none.
Raining almost every game at the start of the season.
Snow+white ball = fail.
Snow scooped up around the pitch for games held in August.
Substitutions cut scene often doesn't even complete telling you who is coming on and who is going off.
Crap highlight selections at half and full time - score three goals but see only one of them plus two shitty saves from the keeper.
Irrelevant commentary - 15 games into the season and they're STILL talking about the season being fresh. Liverpool apparently have new owners too....just like FIFA09 - I must have missed that bit on the news?
Being sacked after 15 games when I'm second in the league and still in the one cup competition we've played in so far.
Half empty (or half-full) stadium irrespective of the fixture, league standings.

I think I'll stop there cause I'm getting angry again.

I'm the closest I've ever been to returning a game due to it's bugs. It's only that I'm optimistic that a patch would sort *some* of these things out that stops me. Oh and that it's the best football game I've ever played despite all of that ^^^.

/rant

Back
Top Bottom