FIFA 10

Yeah long shots seem ok to me. Played online fully manual with some random and he scored an absolute screamer against me.

Rad, with the passing try holding L2 as you press X it releases the ball quicker and gives it more power with only a tap of X. It does affect the accuracy of the passing though, so if you have the time and space just use X and judge the power.

You can do the same with the shooting holding L2, but again it loses some accuracy but you get some nice power. Finesse shot has a lot more accuracy than a normal shot aswell, so try and use that when on the edge of the area to pick corners of the goal. Double tapping the shoot button also keeps the shots nice and low and powerful.

Last edited:
I'm struggling atm on Legendary against the CPU(Just playing SP, waiting for new isp).

I find the midfield is like no-man's land, very much like FIFA 08. I always haveto just give it wide as it gets too crowded in midfield to even make simple passes between the strikers and centre-midfielders.

The only way to keep hold of it in midfield is to ping the ball around first-time but it just doesn't feel right when i do that. I found with 09 I had way more time in midfield on the ball and alot more space :|

Is professional difficulty any use? In 09 it was a bit of a joke with the opposition just strolling around.

How do you change shirt numbers?

Oh and fcuk EA's site. Cant even log in. Have tried doing this gameface thing for days and cant get it done.

Last edited:
I'm beginning to think this game is being sold for £24.99 for a reason... IT'S NOT FINISHED!?!!

So many things wrong with it (that have already been highlighted by others here) that it seems hard to believe that this game was even tested before release!?!

Has anyone else noticed at the end of a penalty shoot-out, if your in control of the goalie who saves the final pen, you don't get the usual cut scene of the goalie rushing out to celebrate with his team mates, you get the cut scene of one of your penalty takers celebrating on his knees whilst the oppositions goal keeper is crestfallen in the background!?!?! IT MAKES NO SENSE!?!

Also what's happened to the screen with the sliders?!??

I think the game has a lot going for it, but bottom line is this cake is half baked!

:-(

PS Am I the only one finding the transition from d-pad to joystick (and a chance to experience 360 degrees play) as uncomfortable as learning to write with you left hand when your right handed?

Oh and fcuk EA's site. Cant even log in. Have tried doing this gameface thing for days and cant get it done.

It's fucking ridiculous that they still force us to use the net to access certain features. Especially knowing there'd be a huge demand around the day of release, you think they'd ensure they had no server issues.

I was being polite by suggesting it was strictly an online problem. LOL!

I have to say I've noticed more bugs in the gameplay online than offline (excluding Manager Mode etc). Had a few weird bugs; one where my defender passed the ball from back to my keeper for a clearance and my striker was called offside and another where my RB got booked when it was my striker who committed the foul. It came up as David Nugent on the screen but on record it was my defender :LOL:.

Been playing is since Monday, and havent seen any of the problems that other people have had, only thing wroong is the massive names above my players heads when i play online.

How do you change shirt numbers?

gameface is down.

Also for the guys playing on pro difficulty are you getting beat? I am thinking about taking it down from world class as in my ligue 1 Manager mode I have played 3 friendlies and cannot create anything. Are you lot playing on slow or normal speed?

CPU is all over me with pressure and I am finding no space. all games ended 0-0.

When playing online this game is brilliant though. Human vs Human on semi controls is a dream for me. Just a shame I find it hard finding players.

For all its faults, I'm declaring FIFA10 the best football game I've ever played.

Never thought I would say that about a FIFA, but it just feels epic. Just switched to full manual controls (on Pro) and its superb, feels so realistic (having just watched Arsenal v Blackburn and trying to really watch how a real match unfolds compared to FIFA).

Not writing PES10 off yet, but its got to go some! :)

I had a bug yesterday aswell, was playing a league match in MM and did a short pass out from the goalkick. Agger received the ball, turned and.......nothing. He just locked up. Rooney was hovering around him for a moment but then everyone just stopped playing. The rest of the players still had their standing still animations except Agger, who was stuck in some midwalk animation. The game continued with the time ticking away, I could go to the menu's and everything but that still didn't do anything. In the end I pressed all the shoulder buttons at the same time and that unlocked Agger and then game went on as normal.

For all its faults, I'm declaring FIFA10 the best football game I've ever played.

Never thought I would say that about a FIFA, but it just feels epic. Just switched to full manual controls (on Pro) and its superb, feels so realistic (having just watched Arsenal v Blackburn and trying to really watch how a real match unfolds compared to FIFA).

Agreed, but I just feel we should be looking forward to FIFA 11 hoping for an improvement in graphics, not basic stuff like cut scenes, faster player selection, correct goal/foul accreditation, and players standing offside at kick off etc etc too!?!?

At The moment FIFA 10 is like a sexiest/most beautiful woman you ever met, but with a HUGE cold sore on her lip.

PS For all those saying they've not seen a SINGLE bug, you MUST have seen your goalscorer running into the goal after you score surely!?!??

As Charles Dickens nearly said, it was the best of Fifas, it was the worst of Fifas, sums it up for me really, on the pitch it's unsurpassed, off the pitch it's unsurpassed in bugs, glitches, annoyances and incorrect kits.

gameface is down.

Also for the guys playing on pro difficulty are you getting beat? I am thinking about taking it down from world class as in my ligue 1 Manager mode I have played 3 friendlies and cannot create anything. Are you lot playing on slow or normal speed?

I'm playing on Professional and just lost the Steel City Derby 4-2, my fault though as my main LB was out so I'd moved my CB with pace to LB and played two slow but strong CB's, Utd raped my slow defence.

Its still a bit too fast IMHO.

There doesnt seem to be any difference from Normal to slow. Can anyone tell the difference?

Does anyone else think the colours are too saturated especially the pitches? they seem to be giving me a headache. Ive tried messing with the brightness controls but cant find anything comfortable.

Still needs a patch for the a.i.

When those are done it will be the most amazing game.

Sure it's been posted in here but what the hell is going on with the stats, pick a player off the bench with a 63 overall and put him in the team and he becomes a 70!.... Put him back on the bench and he's a 65, how can you pick a team to play when you have no idea what their stats are!

How does this work???

Also how do you get all your players to make their runs at the same time in the set piece creator?...

EA have resorted to making the keepers unbeatable from long range like they were in 09 to rectify the finesse shot bug. Why? For me the biggest improvement in fifa10 was that finally you can score some long range crackers and now they have taken it away. So back to scoring the boring same ass goals for another year. I cannot believe i am dissing this game after only 2 sessions with it. Im actually starting to fall out of love with it and i have been singing its praises for weeks now to all my mates. Its like they have got rid of many bugs from 09 but just gone and created a whole lot more. Has any other game franchise ever had such bad rep for releasing a game with so many bugs. Bugs that us, the community, find in 1 day of playing and they dont find them in how many months?
1. Bring back scoring from long range (not the finesse shots)2. Let the AI score from their 1v1 situations instead of running into the keeper
3. Let the AI shoot from long range
Just 3 simple steps to improve the game immediately while the rest can be worked on in a major patch.

:APPLAUD:

Is it 63 overall and 70 in that paticular position? So Player A is a right sided player, 63 overall, 58 at rightback and 75 at right midfield... That's all I can think of if it's something logical....

Back
Top Bottom