FIFA 10

Anyone having problems with virtual pro accomplishments? Just had a game where my pro assisted from crosses twice and it didn't unlock the corresponding accomplishments... :(

Anyone?

So does anyone know the Secret Accomplishments in the Virtual Pro section?

Well, there are 6 accomplishments per page, once you unlock the 5 "not-secret" ones, the secret one becomes explained. I read this somewhere in the game.

@ quite riot - it's NOT very realistic for the front rows of the crowd ON THE NEAR SIDE to appear briefly while you play close to the near touchline!

On the PS3? - JohnnyMendoza is running one through the AVForums along with I think YoungGun and Tobi.

Oh yea I've joined that. It's a VP team though. I meant if we're going to have an online PS3 Friends League.

EDIT: Think I've added you as well. If you're up for a manual game now I'd love to play you ;)

Well this is what i posted over at EA

Crossing

Some of the crossing is wild to say the least. Some of the crossing is fizzed in at an unbelievable rate and thats just what it is, unbelievable. Its too fast and too curly. Ive also witnessed a ball curve twice. Again this eases up on lower league teams where the crossing is a lot more realistic as the pace is slowed.

Theres also a serious issue with chesting the ball instead of heading it both in attack and defence which i thought the new patch was to eliminate?

Thanks for reading.

A

With you on this, for me Headers and crossing need sorting, absolutely hate the fake curl applied and the speed, and then there's a good chance your striker will chest it, or not even attempt to jump for a decent chance. Its like headers are an after thought.

This is the only thing that holds it back for me.

I think we need to get numbers behind this, get a thread going, to make them sit up and take notice and hopefully sort it.

Did I dream Rutter claiming we would have NO BUGS in Fifa 10?

Yeah he twittered proudly about fixing the last known bug in the game. Problem is that they suck at finding bugs, so people found 100 new ones after a couple of hours after release.

Sorry for the disconnect and no-show earlier SJP, I was disconnected from PSN and couldn't get back on. Since then I still haven't been able to complete a full match online :(.

No probs. I knew taht was the case. I've finished two games. I crashed after the final whistle though. Anoying but will sort itself out soon.

Alright, so I realise this might go against the grain a bit. But I've now played a good few hours, mainly in MM and all single player...and...it's still broken in all the sames ways as 09. It actually seems to me that they haven't tried to improve the single player experience one bit.

Great, we have 360 dribbling, and skill moves, but who f*cking cares, when all the CPU defender, of any skill level of course, has to do to disposess is look in your general direction.

Maybe Ive just played too much single player FIFA, and EA cant improve it anymore. Certainly they don't appear to have tried. This is the pattern to all of my matches:

- I can't keep posession in crowds, and players stumble around like there's an earthquake whenever the screen gets crowded
- I can get good space out wide, and crossing looks nice, but its dull to just play that way.
- At some point the computer has enough, and decides its time to score. They cannot be tackled at that point. They run horizontally across the field leaving a stumbling, bumbling mess of my defenders in their wake. And theyre playing for a league one side.
- Shooting is wrong. I like it, it feels good. But on full manual its overly sensitive, and on semi (ive never played auto) its a joke. You can tell from what position youre in if you have a chance fo scoring, because its scripted and the keepers are gods. How often do you end a game with 1 or 0 goals, but youve had 12 shots on target? Thats simply not realistic.
- The CPU however, will take their one chance a match, if they even get one.
- Do EA watch football matches, and think, wow, it's so interesting that every single goal comes from a one on one. Those strikers do get through that defensive line that stand on the halfway line alot. We'll make our game that way.
- What do you think EA call the script that says 'Oh that was a good sliding tackle by the human, we better make it so that when they stand up they run away from the ball, so the CPU player has time to get up off the ground, and claim the loose ball'

Its so annoying. They might have well of just come out and said, look single player fans, were not actually improving that this year. Sorry!

I'm annoyed, I really expected all the new freedom to translate into a better game, but its still the same cheating crap. Maybe thats all the programmers can come up with.

Just for variety I might ahve to try PES this year :(!!!!

Last edited:
Someone help me.
Why is it that when I use day-dry, the ground is a bright luminous hue and you can barely see the Barca emblems next to the post but the barca kits on the players are almost black. I've have a Samsung 32" lcd and have adjusted contrast, colour, brightness, gamma just about every bloody setting but I cant get the ground a normal brightness and normal kit colour.

Someone help me.
Why is it that when I use day-dry, the ground is a bright luminous hue and you can barely see the Barca emblems next to the post but the barca kits on the players are almost black. I've have a Samsung 32" lcd and have adjusted contrast, colour, brightness, gamma just about every bloody setting but I cant get the ground a normal brightness and normal kit colour.

Let me guess, PS3? Mine's the same on my Samsung 32" HDTV. I feel they've gone a bit OTT with the brightness in some grounds.

Hi!

I have two questions:

- Is it possible to get the Real Madrid kit with BWIN on the front?I have the german version of FIFA and they are playing with a "blanco kit" :(
- I have downloaded the Santiago Bernabeu,but I cannot allocate the stadium to Real Madrid. I can use it only in the "Play Now-Mode". Is there any fix on the way? And I always think that the "Charmatin Stadium",in which RM is playing in FIFA 10, looks exactly the same like the Santiago Bernabeu! Am I'm the only one,who thinks so? Or are they the same?:D

Hope for answers,

paddybenny

P.S.: I'm sorry for my English:(

So i boosted a few teams stats up to 100 for shooting, lowered the pass rate, lowered the cross rate too and it does play a little better.

Could you please tell me how you do this?

I take a look at custom tactics and i would like to change some things. Of course i can change it but then i need to save it and i can only save it as custom tactic 1,2,3 and so on for example.

But every time i play against the CPU the CPU use the "old" standard tactic. And it seems there is no way to override this standard tactics. So how do you use your changes?

They should really do something about the referee's kit, they have these dark shirts and shorts when my team is playing with dark colors.Very confusing and the same could be said with the keepers

i never really liked any fifa games , but i always hire them just to see how much better/worse they have got.
so i played a 5hr stint on fifa 10 and all i can say is WOW!! , im a pes fanatic but i love 10 , it is the 1st fifa ive played the feels as good as pes and even overtakes it!!
i liked it so much im gonna buy it!!!!! , oh btw the 360 dribbling is amazing and maybe the biggest revolution in football games for years!!

p.s pes2010 better be something v special!!

Great, we have 360 dribbling, and skill moves, but who f*cking cares, when all the CPU defender, of any skill level of course, has to do to disposess is look in your general direction.

Maybe Ive just played too much single player FIFA, and EA cant improve it anymore. Certainly they don't appear to have tried. This is the pattern to all of my matches:

- I can't keep posession in crowds, and players stumble around like there's an earthquake whenever the screen gets crowded
- I can get good space out wide, and crossing looks nice, but its dull to just play that way.
- At some point the computer has enough, and decides its time to score. They cannot be tackled at that point. They run horizontally across the field leaving a stumbling, bumbling mess of my defenders in their wake. And theyre playing for a league one side.
- Shooting is wrong. I like it, it feels good. But on full manual its overly sensitive, and on semi (ive never played auto) its a joke. You can tell from what position youre in if you have a chance fo scoring, because its scripted and the keepers are gods. How often do you end a game with 1 or 0 goals, but youve had 12 shots on target? Thats simply not realistic.
- The CPU however, will take their one chance a match, if they even get one.
- Do EA watch football matches, and think, wow, it's so interesting that every single goal comes from a one on one. Those strikers do get through that defensive line that stand on the halfway line alot. We'll make our game that way.
- What do you think EA call the script that says 'Oh that was a good sliding tackle by the human, we better make it so that when they stand up they run away from the ball, so the CPU player has time to get up off the ground, and claim the loose ball'

Its so annoying. They might have well of just come out and said, look single player fans, were not actually improving that this year. Sorry!

I'm annoyed, I really expected all the new freedom to translate into a better game, but its still the same cheating crap.

I completely agree with you.

Hi!

I have two questions:

- Is it possible to get the Real Madrid kit with BWIN on the front?I have the german version of FIFA and they are playing with a "blanco kit" :(
- I have downloaded the Santiago Bernabeu,but I cannot allocate the stadium to Real Madrid. I can use it only in the "Play Now-Mode". Is there any fix on the way? And I always think that the "Charmatin Stadium",in which RM is playing in FIFA 10, looks exactly the same like the Santiago Bernabeu! Am I'm the only one,who thinks so? Or are they the same?:D

Hope for answers,

paddybenny

P.S.: I'm sorry for my English:(

Bernabeu is automatically asigned to rm. It shows as the fictional stadium but when it loads it loads as the bernabeu.

Make sure you re-download the stadium after te squad update.

Last edited:
@beachryn+tobi

I see your point, it was the same for me at first.
Semi is either too easy or too difficult due to AI cheating.

My advise to everyone who feels like this: go manual!

It's not only a better game once you get used to it, but the AI plays a lot more lifelike.

It pretty feels, as if the CPU adjustes to your game...with semi-assisted controls, the pass comp% was about 85-90 for both teams. After going to manual controls, it levels out between 60-70 %.

After switching to all-manual, I went down to semi-pro and had a bucnh of great games. Now I will proceed to Pro after they have fixed the OTT AI agressivness on this level :)

Could you please tell me how you do this?

I take a look at custom tactics and i would like to change some things. Of course i can change it but then i need to save it and i can only save it as custom tactic 1,2,3 and so on for example.

But every time i play against the CPU the CPU use the "old" standard tactic. And it seems there is no way to override this standard tactics. So how do you use your changes?

Just tweak it and save it. So ive created tactics for middle band sides that play kinda the same, Stoke, Bolton , Hull etc and i set each team to whom evers tactics i edited first. e.g Hull. So Bolton has Hulls setting and so does Stoke. Then just assign it and press b to backup, it does change mate trust me.

@beachryn+tobi

I see your point, it was the same for me at first.
Semi is either too easy or too difficult due to AI cheating.

My advise to everyone who feels like this: go manual!

It's not only a better game once you get used to it, but the AI plays a lot more lifelike.

It pretty feels, as if the CPU adjustes to your game...with semi-assisted controls, the pass comp% was about 85-90 for both teams. After going to manual controls, it levels out between 60-70 %.

After switching to all-manual, I went down to semi-pro and had a bucnh of great games. Now I will proceed to Pro after they have fixed the OTT AI agressivness on this level :)

Unless its an all or nothing, I should have the good experience. THe only thing I dont have on manual is shooting, because i just find it way too sensitive. Do you think that would actually help?

I've read this in a interview with David Rutter:

DR: We haven't included any MLS stadia this year – but there will be some pretty exciting news for fans of another major stadia later this year. And we can't confirm any new leagues at this time. EA Sports did announce the Russian league for current gen platforms – but unfortunately we didn't get to add this to PS3/360 this year.

Downloadable content?

well after not initially bein impressed, i have to say ive warmed to it now and online is definately where its at!!

Not on my own though, me and a mate have been playing on the same side -everything on semi, shooting on manual.

Never before has it been such a good laugh online, goals are celebrated like real goals, and we are absolutely tosh, but it makes the game so enjoyable.

For example, i have the ball, he controls an attacker, i play a cracking through ball, he has an open net!!! 10 yards wide!!lol

@Dryzer

Thank you. I will try it tomorrow. Playing against the CPU is boring, because, as you mention, they never shot and just try to pass it into the goal. It's a shame.

I've read this in a interview with David Rutter:

DR: We haven't included any MLS stadia this year – but there will be some pretty exciting news for fans of another major stadia later this year. And we can't confirm any new leagues at this time. EA Sports did announce the Russian league for current gen platforms – but unfortunately we didn't get to add this to PS3/360 this year.

Downloadable content?

Who exactly are fans of stadia? Are they like the net freaks on here?

Back
Top Bottom