FIFA 10

Anyone else always have a problem with night matches? Even if I select dry, it plays in like rain or snow. :(

Me2.

@ I am hating this game more now. I cancelled a work training session for FIFA and eventually got so pissed off by it that I did gardening rather. I'm going to play a few multiplayer matches later. This fucker better grown on me like a cancerous cist.

Anyone else always have a problem with night matches? Even if I select dry, it plays in like rain or snow. :(

Can't say I've had that issue.

Online is a different matter though. Every match I've played has been wet (not chucking down with rain, but you can see it in the ball movement and splashes) and at night time. I thought it might have been because I was playing last night, but have just had a 1v1 game now with SJP and that was wet and night time aswell.

A quick noob question:

Am I supposed to have to download a squad update between every online game? I get the "An update is available" prompt every time. I don't have autosave active, but I would have guessed the game would keep the squad update for the whole session atleast, and not drop it after a game. Even if I rematch someone immediately it still asks and downloads it again.

I've been playing MM with Juventus for the past few days and my Buffon has 15 assists while the rest of my team has no assist at all. It's a very annoying bug, but the game is the most beautiful football game so far. I hope they will fix it soon.

This.

Besides the form issue, the only real annoying thing in MM so far.

A quick noob question:

Am I supposed to have to download a squad update between every online game? I get the "An update is available" prompt every time. I don't have autosave active, but I would have guessed the game would keep the squad update for the whole session atleast, and not drop it after a game. Even if I rematch someone immediately it still asks and downloads it again.

You need to save the squad update.. I'm not sure what happens if you have no autosave :/ It should CHECK every-time, but not download.

You may have to put autosave on, I'm not sure. Anyone else not use autosave who's solved this?

Last edited:
Just had a go at m8's house on his 360. Definite improvement on FIFA 09. Animations are breathtaking and seamless, love the new animations they added.
Shots are a bit better than 09 but still a bit floaty for my liking(maybe there's a button combination for thumping shots that I'm not aware of).

Still on semi-assist, I had a go playing manual but I'm seriously horrible at it, just find it hard to pass the ball quickly/accurately in the attacking third. Skills took a while to learn for me, but they look lovely if they come off.

All in all, a great experience, especially playing offline against a human opponent.

I just love the full manual games online ! I played 4 games online today,

Villareal 0 - 1 Man City
Juventus 1 - 0 Man City
Juventus 1 - 1 Chelsea
Aston villa 1 - 1 Tottenham

Like you see the result are very realistic. Love it when you are one goal down and you are desperate trying to make the equalizer. I see that a lot of players are playing this way, why we don't start a league ?

I hated the demo......................but love the final game. It's all just so smooth and the ball physics are another 20% up from the demo, as are the animations.

Superb and realistic, a cut above anything i have played to date:COOL: even nets are improved lol

Love the new pace on the crossfield balls and the way you can hit a powerful daisy cutter. I am playing between semi and manual and I like the realism of the passing, not always to feet but maybe a couple of yards infront now and again.

I also noticed that the pace of the diagonal ball from left to right or right to left has a tighter feel to it.....just feels so right.

My expectations have definately been exceeded and can see the little improvements in all the right area's.

WTF i still get that stupid connection ERROR online :s i'm fucking tired of that !! I just enjoyed 4 games without no disconnection and now again arg ...

Anyone having problems with virtual pro accomplishments? Just had a game where my pro assisted from crosses twice and it didn't unlock the corresponding accomplishments... :(

I haven't posted on these forums for YEARS (since those glory glory days of Winning Eleven 8 and 9, when I used to be a patchmaker of sorts), largely because I've been totally skint and couldn't afford a next-gen console. I've come into a bit of money again, and the prices have dropped, so I'm thinking of getting one mainly to play FIFA 10. Three quick questions:

1. I'd mostly be playing Manager Mode - but the fact that it's apparently so buggy is making me worry. Do these bugs affect your enjoyment of MM to the point where it's just frustrating? Or do they just screw up stat-tracking and things like that? I mean, would you say I should I splash out now or (considering MM will be my main thing, and I get really serious about playing a season) should I wait until there's a patch to fix this?

2. How's the cpu AI? I've heard people saying it's good and people saying it's a bit crap, but since the full game's been out no one seems to have commented much. Be honest - is it satisfying to play vs the computer?

3. Don't know whether to get a PS3 or an XBox. Is there any significant difference between FIFA on the two consoles? If that's a bit off-topic, or it's been covered in a thread I haven't seen, ignore that one...

Has anyone noticed how big the ball looks in the arena with a player like Messi? Try it, looks likes he's trying to do keepy ups with a beach ball!

I haven't posted on these forums for YEARS (since those glory glory days of Winning Eleven 8 and 9, when I used to be a patchmaker of sorts), largely because I've been totally skint and couldn't afford a next-gen console. I've come into a bit of money again, and the prices have dropped, so I'm thinking of getting one mainly to play FIFA 10. Three quick questions:

1. I'd mostly be playing Manager Mode - but the fact that it's apparently so buggy is making me worry. Do these bugs affect your enjoyment of MM to the point where it's just frustrating? Or do they just screw up stat-tracking and things like that? I mean, would you say I should I splash out now or (considering MM will be my main thing, and I get really serious about playing a season) should I wait until there's a patch to fix this?

2. How's the cpu AI? I've heard people saying it's good and people saying it's a bit crap, but since the full game's been out no one seems to have commented much. Be honest - is it satisfying to play vs the computer?

3. Don't know whether to get a PS3 or an XBox. Is there any significant difference between FIFA on the two consoles? If that's a bit off-topic, or it's been covered in a thread I haven't seen, ignore that one...

The CPU AI varies, I've played against Chelsea as United and can win a tight game such as 2-1 3-2 etc, or if I play Barca I end up losing 2-0.

With the PS3 & 360 they are both good consoles, the 360 is cheaper with the Elite being £200 however you will have to pay for XBL (Xbox Live) Which is roughly £45, The PS3 is more expensive but online gaming is free :D

I can't answer your other two questions because I'm an online player, but I can probably answer this. Unless you literally don't want to use any online at all.. ask your friends.

That's what matters most this generation. FIFA is relatively identical on both - but what you might get a lot more out of is the online social features, and that basically dependent on which your friends have (if any of your friends have consoles at all, of course).

The games on the respective consoles are important (so do consider that if there are any exclusive franchises you have a penchant for)... but I'd honestly say the people you spend time with are more important.

I probably use the XBL Party feature (allows 8 people to be in a chat at once whilst doing whatever else - so I can be playing FIFA, and someone can be playing Halo, someone can be just talking, or whatever) as much as any game. It's a great feature and currently unmatched on the PS3.

But if you aren't too caring about that? If you aren't really planning on using online? I'd probably get the 360, purely on price. If you are planning on using online the prices are much more similar (there are more hidden costs on the 360 like monthly XBL). Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Didn't know you had to pay to use the 360 online (yeah, I'm out of touch). Cheers, that might swing it. I'm an old Sony man anyway.

I'm an old man full stop these days, actually...

But yeah, my mates with consoles mostly have PS3s, so it looks like that'll be the one I go for. Doubt I'll be using online all that much, but I do want to give it a go - and thinking about it, I'd rather play people I know than take a chance on the 13 year old kids in online-land.

(I know theoretically I could play people off Evo-Web, but I've been out of the game for so long I'd just get hammered every match at the moment.)

Last edited:
What the hell is going on in your avatar? :BLINK:

It's from, er, those glory glory days of Winning Eleven 8.

I was Barca, chested down a long ball in the centre circle, only to see it spin off and go straight to an opposition player. Paused and looked at the replay, to find that he'd managed to push his head through my body and out the other side, in order to steal it off my chest. Good old last-gen collision detection / cheating AI. Those were the days.

Has anyone noticed if the rain stops from happening during matches cause so far I haven't ? I mean the sort of stuff like when it starts to rain at the beginning of the match and it stops at half time, that sort of thing.I thought it was present in the game

Didn't know you had to pay to use the 360 online (yeah, I'm out of touch). Cheers, that might swing it. I'm an old Sony man anyway.

Well, I'll put it into perspective price wise because it is quite relevant. I don't think it matters considering your next paragraph, but just for the sake of it.

XBOXLive Gold costs about £40 a year if you pay for it direct, but you can get it for a bit less if you buy it from a retailer, you can probably get it for £30 if you have a little look. So, it's still a fairly clear cost. You are talking about a cost of a cheap game a year so it's definitely relevant.

The online on XBOXLive is generally overall considered as better, but Sony has been playing catch up, and has also added some really nice innovations of their own such as Home. It used to be a justifiable price for XBOXLive, it's not really anymore.

The PS3 has an embedded Blu-Ray player, and wifi. If you wanted to connect wirelessly using the 360, that's another price to pay. If you like movies, then the Blu-Ray is a great bargain.

It really comes down to this - if you aren't going to use online, if you aren't going to use Blu-Ray, if you aren't going to use the wireless.. then the 360 is better value for money (if you ignore the friends factor and the games)...

Basically, if you don't want the extras, online, wifi, harddrive, blu-ray, then maybe the 360 is quite cheap, if you do, it becomes pretty expensive pretty quickly. The bare bones 360 will cost you over £100 less than the lowest PS3. You'll recoup that quickly if you use any of the above features.

I'm an old man full stop these days, actually...

But yeah, my mates with consoles mostly have PS3s, so it looks like that'll be the one I go for. Doubt I'll be using online all that much, but I do want to give it a go - and thinking about it, I'd rather play people I know than take a chance on the 13 year old kids in online-land.

(I know theoretically I could play people off Evo-Web, but I've been out of the game for so long I'd just get hammered every match at the moment.)

Well, you do get a free trial (one month) on XBL if you do change your mind (I wouldn't if your friends have PS3s).

Cheers Rodelero. That pretty much covers it.

Now it's just a question of how bad the MM bugs are, and if/when EA are going to patch them. I'll be watching this thread with interest.

Last edited:
it is hard finding games on semi-assist. I try and create games also on slow and normal settings and nobody joins.

Also I was in HMV yesterday playing FIFA 10 against a random person and he had no idea you could change the control settings. I change mine to semi/manual and he was asking what i was doing. Said he had FIFA 08 and 09 and he has never changed the controls.

I tried explaining the differences and he said he would rather keep it on Assisted controls. When we were playing he did comment how my passes and were going wayward etc and I said to him that is good as asisst is too easy.

Do you think there is players like him that dont even know you can take it off assisted controls etc??

I couldn't find any semi assist/slow games either yesterday.

Also I hope the team star filter can be tweaked, Hamburg are 4.5 stars but I'll have to play against Real Madrid and the like if I want to use them.

EDIT: Some stadiums aren't completely accurate, in the Bernabeu their is far too much space behind the goals and on the touchline. Its like the pitch is distanced away from the stands.

Last edited:
Need to fix the keepers coming out all the time even happens alarming rate on legendary played about 30 games against friend yesterday and was instance in at least every game.

Back
Top Bottom