FIFA 10

I've read this in a interview with David Rutter:

DR: We haven't included any MLS stadia this year – but there will be some pretty exciting news for fans of another major stadia later this year. And we can't confirm any new leagues at this time. EA Sports did announce the Russian league for current gen platforms – but unfortunately we didn't get to add this to PS3/360 this year.

Downloadable content?

who cares about DLC. fix the fucking game first

I just played my first online games and it was a great experience. I found a match with someone playing on all manual and slow, we played 3 games all with zero lag. We chose teams of similar skill levels and from the same leagues. Just how it should be. :) Plus I got a friend request out of it.

Last edited:
So instead of news on a huge patch we get news of a new stadium for DLC. I don't know about you all, but I think resolving the issues with gameplay and MM are more important. WTF was this bullshit from Rutter saying there were no bugs in the game?

I have a similar story to JayM :P - Just had 3 manual games with someone, really good games, I lost the first (Coventry v Leeds) 3-0, the second was 1-1 (Switzerland v Belgium) and the third was 4-2 to me (Cruzeiro v some other Brazilian team on same rating)...

I'm very surprised by the amount of and the quality of the manual players there are... I honestly never expected the filters to work and that i'd have to just resort to playing Clubs exclusively again like in 09.
However, every time i've searched for or created a game i've waited no longer than a minute to get an opponent. Where were these people in 09?
I think the filters system in that must have been broken because there seem to be loads of like-minded people to me (pick lesser teams with variation, play manual etc.) and most of these people must have played 09.

BTW, Cruzeiro are an absolute joy to play as, I played some very nice football... I reccommend them as a team selection :).

Skilled dribbling is fantastic, I love the little sidesteps you can do and it works wonders online - I just wish I could use it on my Virtual Pro!!! It's a bit silly that skilled dribbling was one of the main additions to the gameplay and yet you supposedly have to beat 150 defenders with skill moves to unlock it... As far as i'm aware, every real player on the game can do it, some much better than others, so it seems silly to not allow you to do it from the start with your VP.

As with what I was saying earlier, it's not that things need to go... the pressure button should be there but it should cause loads of bad tackles, stamina loss, fouls and therefore yellow cards. It's such an easy thing to balance. For me the pressure button is necessary ie if i want to control someone away from the ball and have another player go and cover. Assisted passing shouldn't give anyone a real advantage (except maybe over fully manual) because it should leave all of the accuracy in the hands of the players stats, which means if you pass with a bad player, it will go astray much more often than you would like with you having no control over this.

And I also keep seeing posts about how everyone who doesn't play on manual should be on a lower skill level... I don't play on manual as a preference (I play on semi) as I believe that strikes the perfect balance between the player controlling the game and the in game player, letting player attributes do some of the work but not all. I think most of the semi players would agree that we're just as skilled as the manual players! :)

I agree with you on the first point. I'm definitely going to mention this to one of the devs when they open up threads about FIFA 11 suggestions.

I don't understand why the fuck Rutter said that you actually had to get the timing down this time when using the pressure buttons as that apparently isn't the case. If I'm standing still and a guy is running me down and I'm able to do a quick move to the left or right and he runs through me, it's a foul. And here's what really needs to be implemented. Do that same thing 2-3 times in a row and you get a yellow card. How hard is that? I guarantee that people start to think twice about holding that button down all the time.

NBA 2k10 has also implemented a system where you have a bar for turbo and a bar for stamina. Once you're turbo bar has been depleted then the stamina bar begins to drop until you let go of turbo. Jackasses want to hold turbo down for the entire game? Then get ready for your players to become dead tired very quickly. I do not understand why they won't implement this feature.

This game is NOT a sim. They aren't even trying to make it a sim. You wouldn't believe how many people I've seen on sites like OperationSports (specializes in basically every sport but soccer; very much about American football and Basketball) saying that this year they can't wait for FIFA 10 and they don't even like soccer. They say that they hate soccer. It's the most boring sport that they've ever seen. But they love FIFA. You know why? Because it caters to the people who wish that soccer was super fast-paced like American football or Basketball or those who like a game that showcases the goals that you'd see on the Sportscenter Top 10 Plays segment.

It makes the game more "fun" for the casual (read: knows fuck all about soccer) fan and really doesn't even try to create a realistic simulation. If the game played like real soccer (which it absolutely should) every videogame website and magazine wouldn't be raving about it like they are. A game with this many bugs and lack of polish shouldn't be getting 9s and 10s out of 10 on every site.

On that last point. No...semi-assisted players are not as skilled as manual players. Those players might think that but switch it over to manual and see what's up. I mean, the very nature of the two control schemes guarantees that one requires more skill than the other.

And they're flying in.
photo2kq.jpg

Got mine today from gamestore. They didn't even wanted to give me the receipt. Guess why? :D Good luck getting 'em guys.

What type of keyboard is that? Is it one for a Mac?

i haven't seen any of these bugs yet :-o

loving fifa 10, i don't really enjoy playing the computer...online is definately where it's at

I'm not having this problem. The CPU have scored some crackers v me.

That is strange. Maybe it depends on the Level we are playing?

My current Level is Pro (going to World Class soon) and on Pro the CPU almost never shoots from distance. They always try to pass it into the goal or try to land a cross on the strikers head. They shot at most if they are very near the box but a shot from real distance? Not on Pro as it looks, unfortunately.

Last edited:
That is strange. Maybe it depends on the Level we are playing?

My current Level is Pro (going to World Class soon) and on Pro the CPU almost never shots from distance. They always try to pass it into the goal or try to land a cross on the strikers head. They shot at most if there are very near the box but a shot from real distance? Not on Pro as it looks, unfortunately.

World class and Legendary is where it's at for the cpu shooting from everywhere.

I actually thought i'd try legendary with game speed set to fast and it was fantastic, really end to end and a greater variety than on world class, normal speed that I usually play on.

The cpu seems to be better balanced on legendary than world class, but on manual controls you need to make your passes count.

World class and Legendary is where it's at for the cpu shooting from everywhere.

I actually thought i'd try legendary with game speed set to fast and it was fantastic, really end to end and a greater variety than on world class, normal speed that I usually play on.

The cpu seems to be better balanced on legendary than world class, but on manual controls you need to make your passes count.

Last time i played on World Class (only play one Game) the CPU was cheating all over the pitch. Playing with the Ref on her side, their slowest player was running faster then my Robbery an their passing and crossing was uber accurate to a millimeter.

EA need to do a better Job on balancing the Levels. On Pro the CPU should shoot as much as they do on World Class or Legendary. Difference should be in hitting and missing the goal.

But anyway i'm going to play some games on World Class today. Just to try it out and see the difference.

Unless its an all or nothing, I should have the good experience. THe only thing I dont have on manual is shooting, because i just find it way too sensitive. Do you think that would actually help?

I dont know,jusr try :)

And yes, manual shooting is sensitive....but even that is masterable.
:OOOH::BRMM:

Last time i played on World Class (only play one Game) the CPU was cheating all over the pitch. Playing with the Ref on her side, their slowest player was running faster then my Robbery an their passing and crossing was uber accurate to a millimeter.

EA need to do a better Job on balancing the Levels. On Pro the CPU should shoot as much as they do on World Class or Legendary. Difference should be in hitting and missing the goal.

But anyway i'm going to play some games on World Class today. Just to try it out and see the difference.

What I was saying is on Legendary the cpu seems to give you a bit more time on the ball.

So far i've had about 8 matches on it to compare to world class and it's a better rounded setting imo, not sure if setting the game speed to fast helped balance it, but I had a bit more time to pick my passes than on world class.

Try it you may like it

Come on, he's 26, i was 21 when he was born...i used to play Subbuteo when his mother was a teenager.
Nonetheless, it sure was a brilliant post.

Ohhhhh yeah!! subbuteo was the king of footy games, me and my mates had a superb setup in my Dad's garage and we had leagues cups etc.......it was glorious.

kids nowadays have not got a clue about having to innovate, create and to use untold amounts of imagination.

This game is quite incredible if you think where we were 10 years ago.

Legendary is well balanced. The AI cheat every now and then, but that's no big deal for me, as I'm used to it.

The keepers need toning down a little, mind. They might as well have parked a bus in front of the goal posts. It makes long range shooting completely POINTLESS.

Don't have the game yet but I'm hearing complains about people already cheating online with custom teams. Is it true?

EA have resorted to making the keepers unbeatable from long range like they were in 09 to rectify the finesse shot bug. Why? For me the biggest improvement in fifa10 was that finally you can score some long range crackers and now they have taken it away. So back to scoring the boring same ass goals for another year. I cannot believe i am dissing this game after only 2 sessions with it. Im actually starting to fall out of love with it and i have been singing its praises for weeks now to all my mates. Its like they have got rid of many bugs from 09 but just gone and created a whole lot more. Has any other game franchise ever had such bad rep for releasing a game with so many bugs. Bugs that us, the community, find in 1 day of playing and they dont find them in how many months?
1. Bring back scoring from long range (not the finesse shots)
2. Let the AI score from their 1v1 situations instead of running into the keeper
3. Let the AI shoot from long range
Just 3 simple steps to improve the game immediately while the rest can be worked on in a major patch.

But a big applause to sorting the game speed....its lovely now.

Do you also think there is no midfield in this game ? I played a lot of manual games but still there are no midfield battles it just a box to box game. It's like there is always a gap between the defenders en the midfield.

does anyone know what page those scans of the skill moves was on? ive gone back through the last 20 and can't find them....
cheers

Do you also think there is no midfield in this game ? I played a lot of manual games but still there are no midfield battles it just a box to box game. It's like there is always a gap between the defenders en the midfield.

It certainly is better than the demo. I think a lot of this is down to how you, the individual, plays. I for example, play a lot of passes back to my defence and knock it around and this can create more space in the midfield.

I have severe trouble though winning headers in this game. Especially from goalkicks. 9/10 i lose i reckon.

I switched to manual today to give this game a go online. Wow, online manual is certainly where this game shines. I've had some incredible games online, unbeaten so far. All of the BS with the CPU is gone, sure I'm still having issues with the player switching but at least I'm not being pressed all game, and every foul that is committed is punished.

Can't say I'm having an issue with long range shots on manual WILDSTER. If they are worthy of going in they generally do with manual shooting. I scored a cracker today from about 30 yards out, right in the top corner, straight with lots of power. I'm guessing you're on semi shooting? I was having an issue with scoring anything but low shots in the corner or tap ins/headers in the area with semi. It felt like the keeper would save anything but shots in those spots. I'm not having that much of an issue with the headers either, as long as you jostle in enough time with L2 to get in front of the oppo player all you have to do then is get the timing right. My problems come when trying to score with a header and the strike just chests it when he could easily slot it in the goal.

Anyone have any tips for a noob manual player?

I have everything set to manual except the player swap assist.

Passing I'm not too bad with. Occasionally it feels like there is a delay / bad response with passing. I'll press or hold pass and it seem to do it a half second later. On semi/Assisted passing everything happens immediately so it feels off. I've also tapped pass and the ball has rolled about a foot away from the player but then other times I've tapped pass and it's rolled right to a player the same distance away as before.

Some passes go to no one and some go right where I wanted - lobbed passes feel much much better on manual and I've found I can use them as lobbed through balls instead of L1 + :triangle: to get the ball over a defender and into the path of my forward without the ball moving forwards too fast and ending up by the keeper.

Shooting, I'm getting the ball to go where I want roughly 30% of the time. The worst places are shooting from the goal line or when you're 1 vs 1 and level with the centre of the goal so any direction left or right seems to send the ball wide.

I'd love for the game to have a training mode with directional arrows showing where you're aiming your shots and passes while on manual. Because at the moment I'm aiming with my stick and thinking I've got the direction spot on but then find the ball zooms towards the corner flag.

I think I'd find manual much more fun if the AI used it as well. At the moment it feels like the AI are on assisted with ping pong passing and perfect through balls and nearly every shot is on target.

Back
Top Bottom