FIFA 10

Is it 63 overall and 70 in that paticular position? So Player A is 63 overall, 58 at rightback and 75 at right midfield... That's all I can think of if it's something logical....

No I understood that in 09, but you can't be better than your overall, that was constant; If you were 63, you could never be more than 63, If you played in an non preferred position you would drop down.

But when you were put back on the bench it would go back to your overall 63! I know we have this form thing now but surely that would not come into play in pregame team selection... :CONFUSE:

I think it is fine with the long shots. If you hit it sweet, it goes in or causes alot of trouble for the keeper. I'm talking about manual here. They should be hard and less frequent to mirror real life.

Also for the guys playing on pro difficulty are you getting beat? I am thinking about taking it down from world class as in my ligue 1 Manager mode I have played 3 friendlies and cannot create anything. Are you lot playing on slow or normal speed?

I play on slow speed and yes i get beat. I still struggle to create good goal opportunities. This is my main problem. Most of my Games ends draw or i lost 0-1. Hard work mate.

I think it is fine with the long shots. If you hit it sweet, it goes in or causes alot of trouble for the keeper. I'm talking about manual here. They should be hard and less frequent to mirror real life.

I've been playing on semi assisted, I think it's time to move up to manual, definitely.

Playing as Man U in MM. Just played Chelsea, Terry at left-back :p anyone notice any other weird lineups? I also played Liverpool and Torres was captain with Gerrard playing in Kuyt's RM postition and Kuyt in Gerrard's position.

According to people in the Pes thread we will be bored with FIFA 10 by xmas lol, Idiots

Verbal Kint said:
PS For all those saying they've not seen a SINGLE bug, you MUST have seen your goalscorer running into the goal after you score surely!?!??

I guess you play with d-pad? Same as me, you can still control the player with the stick. That's what I do, just aim him past the goal post and let the game do the rest. But it's a glitch as it was fine in 09.

Playing as Man U in MM. Just played Chelsea, Terry at left-back :p anyone notice any other weird lineups? I also played Liverpool and Torres was captain with Gerrard playing in Kuyt's RM postition and Kuyt in Gerrard's position.

I had that when using the assistent manager. It might be wrong compared to real life but it might give both players better overall stats (after all Kuyt is a support striker and Gerrard is a rightfooted midfielder). Im not sure though as I haven't taken a good look at all the stats.

@ Nick, is form shown for reserves? Can't remember tbh, but if not that could be the reason, or the fact that he's getting a game might boost his morale/form, or might be in a certain configuration with teammates? Either way it's still odd.

According to people in the Pes thread we will be bored with FIFA 10 by xmas lol, Idiots
I find it really funny that they spend more time talking about FIFA than Pro Evo in there - sometimes it's like I'm in the wrong part of the forums - but never mind. Each to their own.

lol I know what you mean, I get so annoyed and wanna post things but hold back because I will get branded a fan boy

it is a bit annoying in be a pro on experienced, sometimes your team mates act like retards, but i would sooner have it dificult than too easy

Also is the assistant continually on, I turned him off before starting my MM, but after games my squad is always altered?

Damn you EA sort it out...

You have to save the team in the main options screen. If u dont do this it will always reset to defult before each game. Annoying.

Or by mid October. I keep changing the settings and and the difficulty to replicate what I consider football.
I'm now on all semi except thru ball - assisted and shooting - manual (just changed from semi) with the difficulty on world class. It seems to be getting there.

If I dont get bored I'll probably go insane from seeing the damn floodlights before each and every substitution.

I didn't really know where to put this as it isn't really a "Wishlist" type item but for those who are clamoring for the ability to save replays to the HDD (everyone) THIS news will be music to everyone's ears.

It's still a "rumor" right now but I can certainly see it happening and it sounds like this dev let this little bit of information slip accidentally but it's talks about MS allowing you to basically save videos of ANYTHING you do on your console, in ANY game, to the HDD.

So even if Rutter doesn't come through on his promise to allow you to save vids to the HDD, if this is implemented, it probably won't matter.

Go to the section where you choose who's in the international teams, look for Australia. Swap Neill with a DC who isn't in the Australian squad and he'll appear in free agents.

Then go to the club transfers section and you'll find Neill in Free Transfers, just drop him into Everton.

I think you can then choose Neill for the Australian squad again if you want.

This game is dynamite! EA only need to iron out little niggles and bugs here and there. Most of the annoyances I found with the game have already been mentioned. However, I feel that some have been missed out.

1) OUTSIDE the realm of crossing into the box, by either being in the crossing zone or holding player change/Modifier (L1 PS3), there isn't nearly enough distance on high balls on full power. Rarely can any cross field passes be over-hit in the game and that is using top players. The reason this annoys me is that sometimes I like to play a long ball from my right or left backs at the edge of my box all the way across to the opposite winger or attacker who is completely unmarked. On full power, the ball usually ends up being 5-10 meters behind them taking a bounce or two, obviously, wasting the entire opportunity. In real life, those kind of passes usually end up being over-hit and end up in the opposing keepers' arms.

Also, if it didn't get a mention, if you hold pace control and hit a long pass it will take a higher altitude/floaty projection rather than the low/zip long balls and that might be useful to avoid your pass getting blocked by opposing team players who are close to you and in the way. However, same problem, those long balls as well do not cover nearly enough distance on full power.

Try to clear the ball with the goalkeeper using Long Pass (Square PS3) on full power and you'll see what I mean. In real life, average Goalkeeper clearances usually reach the final third of the pitch on full power.

2) Most non-acrobatic standing volleys are hit upwards. I think there should be a more controlled version of standing volleys were they are hit with a more angled technique. Maybe if you hold controlled shot modifier.

Also, the karate kick volley animation should be dropped for shots and only be used as a volleyed clearance variation. Players rarely do that when shooting in real life.

3) Most annoying issue to me, this has been mentioned lots, is the frequent chesting down of both attacking and defensive headers. This issue may have reappeared from 08 after long balls became generally lower than 09.

Also, defensive awareness when clearing crosses has become very low, I feel. It's not only bad that the defender chests down the ball instead of heading it clear even if your timing was perfect. Sometimes the defender tries reaching far post crosses with a leg and the attacker easily heads it in. Same issue for attackers who, on a completely free header, would either chest down or hit a shocking sideline header.

While we are on the subject. I think if a player chooses to chest down a cross, and presses shoot before the ball hits the ground the attacker should take the shot first time without the ball touching the ground.

I hope the next patch can fix as much of these problems as possible.

It's official Del Alpi at dusk is absolutely marvelous. The way the light passes through on certain areas of the pitch and when the light catches players in these areas is just awesome.

They completely got rid of the statistics section now on 09 used to have it in detail including games you played etc who you played with.

Now its just profile and very bare unless i missed something.

Back
Top Bottom