FIFA 10

I know what you’re saying dude. Last year I could handle the MM as I really believed Fifa 10 we would see great improvements in MM however I cant buy PES just for the career mode. I wouldn’t get enjoyment out of it as I cant dig PES gameplay. Having a stable bug free career mode would be great but it would be a real challenge for me trying to enjoy the way the game actually plays.

Exactly, I respect that opinion. :APPLAUD:

I thought about that but then the idea of doing it individually was to make sure that I could put them in some kind of urgency order - seeing as there's no way all of them will be fixed. That way they can concentrate on the first 20 or so and I'd be happy enough with that.

If they're listed in the form of general headings I just can't see them fixing anything to be honest, it'll look more like a list of suggested improvements for FIFA 11 instead of a list of bugfixes and they'll pick and choose what to fix instead of concentrating on the big issues.

Perhaps I could stick a list of categories at the bottom of the list though. I just get the feeling it isn't worth it.

We don't want it reducing as some of them even though minor can/may be fixed easily and may impact on others...;)

I do. I'm a fan of football games, always have been. I've played FIFA for as long as I can remember, even when PES totally blew the series out of the water. Also, I think catching a bus at 4.20am in the morning and travelling for 3 hours to London to play test incomplete FIFA 10 code also qualifies me as a FIFA fan :)).

-----------

I like many others out there are quite disappointed with a number of things in this installment of the FIFA series; mainly with some aspects of the gameplay that haven't been fixed in years but also with the poor quality control of the final product. This year was meant to be different and I bought the game on the premise that I could enjoy new modes including a new and improved Manager Mode, and finally after two years of waiting I would have refined gameplay that would really get the best out of the next-gen engine. However, no matter how much I've tried to convince myself that I'm enjoying the game this year, I'm not. I've even emailed you to ask for some advice and help, but the game still frustrates me immensely. Even if they fix all of the issues with the Manager Mode and fix the connection issues online I still have to enjoy the gameplay enough to want to sit there and play 40+ matches a season and truth of the matter is, I'm not.

In my eyes, PES still does some things a lot better than FIFA and always has. I'm not going into depth here so as to not cause another FIFA v PES war. Firstly, for others to call PES shit, is just ignorant. They obviously haven't even given it a chance this year and you are basing your thoughts on a demo that has been confirmed to been months old code. Although the PES gameplay engine may be primitive compared to next-gen FIFA it still feels more balanced in terms of attacking and defending and at it's core the gameplay is still enjoyable. The tactical side of the game also ensures that not only are you thinking on the field but off it aswell. This is a better experience in my eyes, especially for an offline such as me.

If you really don't want to play to PES there is no point trying to convince yourself otherwise. It wouldn't be fair to yourself to begrudge playing a game that you really don't like. I've been trying to do the same with FIFA 10 over the past 4-5 days and it's got me nowhere, for all the positives on display I'm just not enjoying it.
well said

Hi guys, got the game on Fri and played about 20 games online now and after initially loving it there are things that are really starting to ruin my enjoyment of the game now.

Why when you switch players does the cpu just instantly stop controlling that player? I mean they even will stop running, this is very frustrating when I have a counter attack on and play a long ball and then immediatley switch to the player who was running onto it, if i am not holding down the run button and pointing him in the right direction straight away the momentum will be lost and usually defenders will get the ball or get into better positions by time I get it. Is this just a case of getting used to it or is this a bad gameplay aspect?

Player switiching at times is really awful. For example after kick off I will pass it back to a CM and then play the ball down infront of a full back to run onto and instead of switching to that full back it will select the winger that is probably 5 times further away from the ball than the full back???????

Keepers are just laughable in some situations, I have had a striker pass the ball across goal with very little pace and the keeper will move at walking pace back across goal instead of running out and diving on it which it could easily do in the situation, instead an oncoming player runs onto it and puts in the the goal. I am also getting sick of the keeper running out at oncoming strikers leaving the goal gaping for a chipshot, which will end up in a goal or a corner if he manages to get a hand to the ball.

Player movement off the ball is shockingly bad, I have strikers just standing next to defenders instead of runing into space, wingers stopping their runs at silly points and really static full backs. I know there is a button to make players run but am I expected to press this constantly?

Does stamina affecct Barca in this game? I just played a guy online about 5 times, he was always Barca and he appeared to be constantly holding down the pressure buttons. I never had any time on the ball before he would just run into me and take it away or just intercept my rushed 1 touch passes. He managed to keep this up for 90 mins each time and whilst my players were clearly starting to tire in the later stages of the game he just continued his gameplan to greater affect as his players did not seem to be at all fatigued. The most annoying thing was I would try to time my tackles, not slide tackles just stickng a leg in to take the ball, and they would almost always result in a foul, but he would just run into me, knock me over, take the ball and the ref does nothing.
I have not enountered anyone else using this tactic so far but as it appears to be very affective it is no doubt just amatter of time until it is common place.

Do I just need to take more time to adjust to FIFA and then most of the things will go away or is the game just not as great as I first thought?

Just scored a lovely goal and noticed I was signed out of the EA servers. Typical. I quit to the main menu and signed back into the EA servers but it asked for my password and email and I had to 'accept' their terms. Now my gameface isn't showing up and those points whatever the hell they're for are at 0.

Keith Houchen - I can't fit the categorical list into a post on Evo-Web, it's a few thousand characters too long. But I've posted it over on the EA forums.
CLICK HERE (it does look far neater so hopefully it will be easier for them to process)

One thing i know for sure theres a bloody good game trying to get out in Fifa 10 let down by some shoddy bugs. the core gameplay is superb though and NOT worth trading up for Pes for.

Whats the point of PES ML mode being any good if the gameplay is not up to scratch? Might as well play a management game.

Am I right in thinking the only issue is Manager Mode and a few online niggles (crediting wins etc)?

Other than that, the other modes are fine?

In my eyes, PES still does some things a lot better than FIFA and always has. I'm not going into depth here so as to not cause another FIFA v PES war. Firstly, for others to call PES shit, is just ignorant. They obviously haven't even given it a chance this year and you are basing your thoughts on a demo that has been confirmed to been months old code. Although the PES gameplay engine may be primitive compared to next-gen FIFA it still feels more balanced in terms of attacking and defending and at it's core the gameplay is still enjoyable. The tactical side of the game also ensures that not only are you thinking on the field but off it aswell. This is a better experience in my eyes, especially for an offline such as me.

Its not often like that in football games though... I rarely think a football game is ok or average... Its either brilliant PES in the past or shit PES now. I would jump ship back to Konami in a second if it played anything remotely as a football game in the year 2009 should do, but it is stuck in the past trying to emulate what used to make it good.

One thing can ruin a football game for someone, whether it be players names, response times, animations, kits, nets, physics. For me PES had about 10... and thats ignoring the responce times which despite what everyone says will probably still be rubbish in final build.

dont think its fair to say we haven't give it a chance... I think its fair to say PES has been given WAY too many chances in the last few years.

Am I right in thinking the only issue is Manager Mode and a few online niggles (crediting wins etc)?

Other than that, the other modes are fine?

Manager Mode is fecked and even if fully working not as improved as they said anyway.

Online ALL modes are currently fecked... No stats being recorded or erratically recorded so in clubs, ranked games etc your opponent can quit if getting beat and not get a loss. PS3 players are getting dropped connections all over the show.

But you can have a hell of an exhibition game. :-)

BAPS offline seems to work... Thats the only mode they didn't touch. :-)

Wacaday - you need to change your custom tactics to get strikers to drop off the defender more. Dropping the passing speed and style changes the runs they make, as does changing the crossing slider.

Of course you can't do that online, but you should be able to change the player's runs at least.

I've posted it over on the EA forums.

Chris - just saw David Rutter's post in the MM Q&A thread over on the EA forums, seems as if he's received your message loud and clear.

If we have to wait for a patch that addresses the Big Ones, so be it. I'm happy to wait as long as we know they'll be looked at. I might have a look at playing some normal league modes in the meantime. FIFA10's a great game - let's not lose sight of that.

For those who haven't seen it:

EA_DavidRutter said:
Nope - we've been working 24 7 to get as much sorted as quickly as possible.

2 things to remember.

1 - Fixing servers is one thing. If it was simply a case of more hardware it would be up and working straight away. Unfortunately that isnt the case - and we're needing to do a lot of tricky database changes to cope with the incredible strain that screen shots, video uploads, match reports (roughly double last year) and game face have put on the football world servers. It will get fixed - but it's not been easy. Think conference calls at 10pm on a sunday night with lots of people involved and you'll get close to what has been happening multiple times a day and night since thursday.

2 - Fixing 'game' issues. This requires up to identify the problem, fix the problem, get through our QA process here, and at first party (MS and SONY) - and this takes time. Whilst I know it is frustrating we are working on fixes for lots of issues here - and as an effort it is complex and timeconsuming. We are working on things though...

Sorry I've personally not been on here too much over the weekend - but like Phil, Rom and now I am reporting - we've been working on improving a lot of things...

D

Did anyone actually get a response as to how this game went thru testing without them noticing all of these glaring bugs. Im glad they are working on it but if they did their testing properly then they could all be lying on a beach somewhere now and not having conferences on sunday evenings. Do not make the same mistake as Konami by treating us like mugs.

Did anyone actually get a response as to how this game went thru testing without them noticing all of these glaring bugs. Im glad they are working on it but if they did their testing properly then they could all be lying on a beach somewhere now and not having conferences on sunday evenings. Do not make the same mistake as Konami by treating us like mugs.

Being realistic, thankfully we have people like David Rutter who will respond and try to rectify these faults and niggles. I'm pretty sure than Seabass and his crew would do very little as far as feedback and communications were concerned with public outcry.

I could be wrong, of course.

Being realistic, thankfully we have people like David Rutter who will respond and try to rectify these faults and niggles. I'm pretty sure than Seabass and his crew would do very little as far as feedback and communications were concerned with public outcry.

Well how much did they fix of 09 that was wrong? That would be a good yardstick to see if how much we can expect to be touched.

This is why we have different eyes on our VP

Game Face uses 'next-gen' photo recognition and rendering technology on a website. FIFA10 certainly packs amazing graphics - During the import into the game, Game Face adapts to the game format which is slightly different.

That is the main reason why you are seeing differences. Virtual Pro is able to import your face texture, your facial hair, eyebrows, and hair.

Eyes are replaced so that they can be animated in the game, resulting in some loss of likeness.

Moving forward , we will continue to improve the technology for an even greater resemblance. We think it is already pretty good, though, for starters.

Well how much did they fix of 09 that was wrong? That would be a good yardstick to see if how much we can expect to be touched.

I don't think Rutter was in full control for 09 was he?

Infact, I can't actually recall EA replying to the feedback as much as they have already this time around.

For users who have already purchased a Live Season package we have implemented a temporary work around for you unitl we get everything back a running properly.

Please follow the following steps:

1) Delete any previously created My Live Season data from the Save/Load/Delete game data option. - This is required before you can play the game mode again

- Main Menu->FIFA Profile->Save/Load/Delete->Delete

- Delete all MyLiveSeason saved data

-Do not delete any other save files

If you have any problems with this please let us know.

The Football Live Team

So thats another mode that i will have to start over. I dont think its even worth bothering buying this game til December

Firstly, for others to call PES shit, is just ignorant. They obviously haven't even given it a chance this year and you are basing your thoughts on a demo that has been confirmed to been months old code.

Come on, like that wasn't the case with FIFA 10's demo? I'm sure the full game will be tweaked just like any other game, but tweaking won't do it for me and there is no chance that anyone will change their attitude completely on any game by the improvements done from a demo to the full release.
Also, how can you say that the persons claiming that 'PES is shit' is wrong? Did you wake up at 4.20 and take a flight to Japan to play the 99,82% version of PES together with Seabass that said that online also will be flawless this year, like the last three?:CONFUSE: Tweaking doesn't instantly mean better, but I think it's time to leave it at that since a PES v FIFA argument is pretty boring, considering how far ahead FIFA is in almost every department.

i dont ever recall this many "bugs" in a pes game. Now you can be tired of the gameplay but that is not a bug per say.
there is no way in hell that rutter will do anything about the shit AI in MM. If you think so then you need to ask yourself why it is the exact same as the last two versions of the game. All EA sports games have this hollow feeling when playing the CPU(madden has made some strides). There needs to be a cultural change over at EA in regards to this. I dont know why it is, but it is blatantly obvious in FIFA, NHL, and NBA LIVE. I love fifa vs mates, but against the cpu, i have always hated it, and there is nothing being done at EA to convince me otherwise.

I don't know if it's just me, but the shooting seems utter shite compared to the demo. It's completely random at times.

Keepers are super-human, they seriously need toning down. I completely dominate certain games on Legendary - 15-20 attempts on goal, but only win 1-0. What a joke!

Online and MM are huge things which currently aren't working (Haven't tried online today so not sure on that one) but Tournaments, Leagues and Multiplayer are keeping this game going smoothly. I'd say give it a month or so and then I'll NEED the other 2 to work before I get pissed off with this.

I'm pissed off with companies releasing bugged up half-finished games which have to be patched... Nearly every game ends up having to be patched nowadays.

People moan about Gran Turismo 5 being delayed, and people moaned about GTA IV being delayed, but I actually support that sort of thing and i'd happily wait longer for a game if I knew they would fix bugs and improve the game.

Just playing as Liverpool in league mode, 6-1 up against Birmingham, Torres with 4 goals.

Torres picks up the ball...

"I'm gonna have to say - this is one of the worst runs in his career" - Tyler

"I agree with that!" - Gray

Wtf? :LOL:

I don't know if it's just me, but the shooting seems utter shite compared to the demo. It's completely random at times.

Keepers are super-human, they seriously need toning down. I completely dominate certain games on Legendary - 15-20 attempts on goal, but only win 1-0. What a joke!

Im sorry for u that u have to play on legendary, the gks are really ridiculous on that level i agree...

Im on world class and im finding it very realistic, i love how the game plays atm...

Notice that this is coming from the guy that has problaby complained more in history about FIFA gks and shoots.

My advice to u would be go play online(with people u know) this way u will face word class gks making your shoots feel a lot better.

Back
Top Bottom