FIFA 10

Does anyone know if we will be able to download commentary packs like last year? I loved the french one, much because of the fact that I can't understand a word they are saying. :)

And you've been playing footy games for how long?
I dunno, 10 years maybe? I've had it happen it before but it never looked right or had it look like I was doing it and doing it on purpose. It always seemed accidental, or a glitch like the ball just went through my guy and to the other one. This one looked so natural, so fluid, and was 100% all me (manual controls, baby) so it ROCKED MY WORLD.

The very first thing I do whenever the new version arrives is to turn off the music and the commentary. This was the case with PES for years too.

The only exception to this rule is if I'm a club in a non-English-speaking country and playing a very important match that would be televised (a cup final, a title decider etc). I'll stick the native commentary on for the atmosphere, with the added bonus that if they get the commentary wrong, I have no idea! :P

'course now the different language commentary that was free to download last year costs 80 points each this time :RANT:

Does anyone know if we will be able to download commentary packs like last year? I loved the french one, much because of the fact that I can't understand a word they are saying. :)
Yeah, I loved playing Spanish League games with Spanish commentary. Also, the addition of Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend was nice, albeit rather basic.

Dutch and swedish are already on there but u have to pay for the others. I use dutch at moment as english is really annoying.

:LOL: I thought that when I first heard the phone.

Weakest music in FIFA for years in my opinion.

Dont understand some people (not having a dig at the OP of these vids).

I watched the first minute of this one and I think its quality. All of those mistakes could have happened in real life and I think its brilliant that they are included.

They are in no way 'glitches'.

This is the thing with the 'bugs'. Its gone a bit bug-crazy and whilst I agree with the list that Placebo and Chris have done, not EVERY mistake (like this vid) is a bug, some of it is just random gameplay.

When you have a free kick near the box and bring in a second player over the ball, is there any way of rolling it to them for a hit?

Can do it most of the time in PES, but cannot find a way to do it in FIFA. Would be nice to mix it up at times.

When you have a free kick near the box and bring in a second player over the ball, is there any way of rolling it to them for a hit?

Can do it most of the time in PES, but cannot find a way to do it in FIFA. Would be nice to mix it up at times.

On xbox, hold LT and LB and press pass.

Good achievement guide here

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...ox-360/831225-very-easy-achievment-guide.html

Bad Loser - 0G
Select to Quit & forfeit 5 Xbox LIVE matches when losing

By far the most pathetic achievement ever, a developer actually encouraging players to quit games if they losing. It should hopefully be able to be done just playing an unranked match with your friend, as the description just say "Xbox Live game". Anyhow, as you all probably know, you just have to quit out of 5 XBL matches when you are losing. Stupid EA.

WTF?! :CURSE:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any way to export match stats (goal scorers, yellow cards, shots etc.) from online matches (PS3) into a txt file or something like that? Thanks :BYE:

Is there any way to export match stats (goal scorers, yellow cards, shots etc.) from online matches (PS3) into a txt file or something like that? Thanks :BYE:

You used to be able to get an email from the EA servers of your (online) game stats. I think all you need to do is put your email address in under one of the online options.

Sorry - not got the game on so cannot be more specific, but its definitely there.

I played a few matches last night, and lost them all 2-1 on Pro :( Not sure what's happened but I seem to have pretty poor at creating chances now.

On the commentary - I actually HATE it! When it first was introduced into FIFA in this style (08?) I thought it was very cool.

But now when you hear the same stuff repeated and then Martin's stupid delivery "and now its Martin Smith" (x20 times a game) or "DIDIER DROGBA!!!!!" as Drogba picks up a loose ball near the touchline...

(sorry to keep referring to it), PES' commentary - whilst with its own annoyances, is much better due to the fact it doesnt focus so much on gimmicky phrases, but rather calls the game as it unfolds. So "X passes to Y... Long ball now... And he shoots!... Just wide" etc, which is actually so much nicer to listen to.

Next time I fire up FIFA the commentary is going off along with the fucking awful front end music. Who picks these bands? Are they trying to be down with the kids? (and dont get me started on the French and German songs they throw in).

</early morning rant.>

Tyler: I've never asked you this on the air before Andy but...

-

I seem to have that in every single game I play.

There was a film a couple of weeks ago with French commentary which IMHO was absolutely brilliant. I think it's a shame that you have to pay for commentary in other languages.

About the music: absolutely brilliant, best music i ever heard in a game.

There was a film a couple of weeks ago with French commentary which IMHO was absolutely brilliant. I think it's a shame that you have to pay for commentary in other languages.

About the music: absolutely brilliant, best music i ever heard in a game.

GTFO!!! "Down by the Lake Side" is the best tune in it and thats not that great.

Yesterday i finnaly got my PS3 version and i must say the Gfx are substantialy worst than on the 360(nothing new really), the LOD seems a lot worst from most cameras... evan on the edit player screen u can notice that the kits arent as polished as if they were already turned into a lower LOD, while on the 360, they seem in full detail. Another thing i noticed is that on rainy games u can see the reflexion on shorts to show theyre wet, evan on the tele camera, on the ps3 u cant see that, they are more pale.

Once again dissaponted, since i prefer to play on the PS3(becasue of the controller)

Another thing i did noticed, but i cant garantee since it could be only in my head is that PS3 game is a bit slower, passes seems to be in a slower speed than on the 360...

Ive forgotten the answer to this.

On the 360 on a freekick, with two men over the ball how do I get the 2nd guy to shoot?

Not roll it to him and shoot as just mentinoed before

Ive forgotten the answer to this.

On the 360 on a freekick, with two men over the ball how do I get the 2nd guy to shoot?

Not roll it to him and shoot as just mentinoed before

Hold down the same button you used in the first place to get a 2nd guy at the freekick (depends on your config of course).

Really? I went to the FIFA store and it said all of them were on the disc (apart from mexican spanish or something). Unless you have to pay to unlock content thats already on the disc??

Back
Top Bottom