FIFA 10

God I feel like I'm the Yang to most peoples Ying in here and in WENB, am I the only one that's looking at 10 and thinking we are getting short changed on the MM side...

Selectively correcting what is there already while totally ignoring other glaring deficiencies in other areas is not what I was hoping for and given EA have supposedly been listening to what the fans really want I feel frustrated and more than a little annoyed...

Get that, but did you really expect them to overhaul it to such an extent that very little else would be needed for the next 2 releases? Im just glad they continue to improve the game with significant amounts. Continued gameplay improvements which if they continue the same trend as 07 to 09 is really really good whilst also adressing our complaints for the MM, albeit in stages. They are easily the best out of the two for this. Just remember a few years ago and the complaints from pes3 onwards about the ML. Its still the f$%king same. If anything we have been spoiled by the gameplay advances they have made the last couple of years and expect the same for the rest.

God I feel like I'm the Yang to most peoples Ying in here and in WENB, am I the only one that's looking at 10 and thinking we are getting short changed on the MM side...

Selectively correcting what is there already while totally ignoring other glaring deficiencies in other areas is not what I was hoping for and given EA have supposedly been listening to what the fans really want I feel frustrated and more than a little annoyed...
i tend to agree with you, but i do think they are heading the right way.

the problem for me is that i play NHL09 and the dynasty mode on that is far superior in everyway, if you have played it you'll know what i mean. for one you can coach your AHL affiliate team as well, which is like your youth/reserve team and then bring the decent players up to your NHL squad. the transfers, injuries and general goings on are far more realistic and immersive. FIFA need to take note.

Because whilst sending Chris has the advantage of the Fifa community actually learning what the Fifa community wants to learn, it has the disadvantage of not feeding Adam's ego and making him feel important.

Correctomondo. Having been involved with WENB when it first started I fully agree. Suff on the other hand is a very nice bloke.

Will be interesting to hear what they have to say about FIFA 10, I assume that they are going to play a more recent build so will be good to hear about recent developments.

How many teams and Leagues does the NHL have compared to FIFA?
ah, i see

there is only one NHL league with 30 teams, so it's not like FIFA in the way you can get promoted/relegated, but you do play 82 games in a regular season and then the playoffs if you qualify. there is the AHL teams, some european leagues and international teams to.

so in terms of the amount of teams and leagues there isn't as much, but thats because there really isn't

He will say it's ok but it doesn't feel right. Why? Because he wants it to feel like PES and FIFA 10 will not feel like PES.

Will Suff also play it again or is it just adam? Why don't they send someone like Chris? I know Adam and Suff started it, but I just don't see the point in sending Adam that says himself that he is and always will be a PES fanboy (he use the word fanboy himself). Well I can see why HE wants to play it, but it would be much more interesting for the readers if someone like Chris went instead.

I think Adam, Suff & Chris should play both PES 2010 & Fifa 10. That way you have one PES fanboy (Adam), one Fifa addict (Chris), and Suff who I think is straight down the middle and pretty genuine with his opinions on both games. It would make for a much fairer and more interesting analysis of the two titles

I think Adam, Suff & Chris should play both PES 2010 & Fifa 10. That way you have one PES fanboy (Adam), one Fifa addict (Chris), and Suff who I think is straight down the middle and pretty genuine with his opinions on both games. It would make for a much fairer and more interesting analysis of the two titles

yea i agree. best way to judge each title instead of relying on just one person do it

With all due respect, I don't really care what any of them say about it. Yes I will read their thoughts (good or bad) but it wouldn't sway me one way or the other.

As somebody said, some are "fanboys" who just have blinkers on anyway.

PS. Don't take what I said the wrong way. Hopefully people will understand what I'm getting at.

I do SJP. I've always just bought a game that I found interesting and made my own mind up about. Sure interviews and reviews are good to get a general gist of the positives and negatives but at the end of the day the main reason I keep playing a game is that I'm still having fun with it.

Get that, but did you really expect them to overhaul it to such an extent that very little else would be needed for the next 2 releases? Im just glad they continue to improve the game with significant amounts. Continued gameplay improvements which if they continue the same trend as 07 to 09 is really really good whilst also adressing our complaints for the MM, albeit in stages. They are easily the best out of the two for this. Just remember a few years ago and the complaints from pes3 onwards about the ML. Its still the f$%king same. If anything we have been spoiled by the gameplay advances they have made the last couple of years and expect the same for the rest.

That's where we differ Tik, I don't see this as significant amounts!
If you take say the ML as bare minimum and say FM as your goal, MM has not moved on the scale, it's nudged a little nearer to FM possibly, as they have improved things that were broken or poorly done, but by your reckoning and on that scale if they sort the scouts and loan system next year you'll be happy with that as a years work for 2011...

I do SJP. I've always just bought a game that I found interesting and made my own mind up about. Sure interviews and reviews are good to get a general gist of the positives and negatives but at the end of the day the main reason I keep playing a game is that I'm still having fun with it.

Yea i tend to make up my own mind up too. for example, a lot of people praised killzone 2 and COD5 but never got them as i felt it didn't impress me from the demo/reviews etc i had seen and read.

im sure fifa 10 will be good and im sure PES will be a big change in game play(i hope).

If both games impress me i will simply buy both of them :) one for the pc and one for the console.

@ Nick,

If the gameplay improves the same amount and the new additons/fixes for MM are good / worthwhile I'll be happy. :D But then Im only in season 6 of MM after playing it since its release. Although thats also the only mode I play.......

@ Nick,

If the gameplay improves the same amount and the new additons/fixes for MM are good / worthwhile I'll be happy. :D But then Im only in season 6 of MM after playing it since its release. Although thats also the only mode I play.......

You're too easily pleased Tik... ;))

Only on your 6th season :SHOCK:, damn I'm spending far too much time on FIFA, I have played at least 8 times a full 15 seasons and then at least 3 more that bombed one after 9 years :CRY:, though I do only play 8 Min's a half; if you are only on season 6 you wont finish before 10 is out anyway... :P

I know, and I only play 5min per half..........

Tbh most of the complaints that Ive heard hardly effect me as I don't play it enough. It's mostly the transfers, day/night stuff and AI rotation that I'll notice. Having all the other stuff would be great but for me, I guess a casual gamer these days, its enough.

Oh god.......I'm no longer Hardcore! How the f#$k did that happen?!

:D

I play 10 mins halves but don't think I've ever gone past 3 or 4 seasons to be honest before I prefer to start all over again as the challenge of getting promoted from the Championship is the most fun part for me :)

I should do a manager mode where I change Championship clubs every season and see how many I can get into the Prem before the 15 seasons is up ;)

Last edited:
Any idea as to when we will get Suff to comment on todays' playtest? I know there are NDAs in place, but can we at least get a smiling face or a thumbs up?????

Not until the NDAs expire I assume.

Adam from WENB said the following when asked about his playtest of FIFA 10 today: "Embargo until mid-July unfortunately, but has me looking towards Friday with more optimism :)" Friday meaning when they playtest PES 2010 (no surprises here). None of us FIFA fans care much about Adams' views anyway but I just thought maybe we can get a small counter comment like that from Suff.

Adam from WENB said the following when asked about his playtest of FIFA 10 today: "Embargo until mid-July unfortunately, but has me looking towards Friday with more optimism :)" Friday meaning when they playtest PES 2010 (no surprises here). None of us FIFA fans care much about Adams' views anyway but I just thought maybe we can get a small counter comment like that from Suff.

see? what is that shit?

i've not seen either in motion but i can safely say that Fifa09+++ is more than enough. and i want both games to be good so that i can bounce between both.

Yeh i agree to a certain extent i just get annoyed at the flood of tiny suggestions that come in over really some pretty trivial things. Things like well created nets and proper numbering styles are important, I agree - its just that so often people get so upset with EA and submit complaints about the smallest things. A logo on the sleeve is one such example.

Look at the response to the lack of numbering in MM last year - people absolutely shat on them in their forum and said some very nasty things when really - it makes ZERO difference to the game whether messi is number 8 or 2 or 17 or 12.

Yeah, just keep in mind, and I can copy and paste my post from EA's FIFA 10 forum over here as I said a fair bit more, that there are still glaring omissions in terms of gameplay and MM and yet we still get Ultimate Team a few months after FIFA 09's release. There were tons of complaints about MM freezing, online play being destroyed and yet we still get a $10 dollar add on that actually appeared to add more problems to the online mode after its release.

You can say only focus on the gameplay and berate those who ask for what you'd consider to be silly little details but just realize that those little silly details hardly ever make it in and we still have gameplay issues. And we still get modes like UT which added what? Tattoos, bandanas and hats to your created player to put on what was essentially a created team? Why not just work that into the actual game for the next year? Contrary to popular belief, the tiny authentic details alone might not mean much, but collectively they can really add to the "Total Football Experience" that EA have been promising. Just see the new additions to Madden 10 this season as an example. Players getting carted off the field, coaches on the sidelines with clipboards, hand towels for receivers and QBs, team-specific gloves and shoes, IN ADDITION to the gameplay overhaul that the title's seen this year.

I said a bunch more on EA's forums though but that's the gist of my argument. You say EA need to focus solely on the gameplay. But they clearly don't. There are still inexcusable things missing from MM and it really doesn't even look like they've done a whole lot to change it this year in the first place. But they seem to have the time to create a completely superfluous Ulitmate Team mode. Why not put that effort towards actually getting the minute authentic details like proper lettering for La Liga, the Prem, the Championship, etc., etc. Bring some of those customization options that people have to pay extra for into the actual game in the form of either more boots or, and this is just a suggestion, a color palette that'll let us change the colors of different sections of boots. Add additional stadiums, put managers on the sideline, I dunno.

The effort being put into useless modes like UT can be better spent elsewhere and if they're going to add all of those tiny customization options in UT, they can (and should) do something about the regular game as well.

Last edited:
I know, and I only play 5min per half..........

Tbh most of the complaints that Ive heard hardly effect me as I don't play it enough. It's mostly the transfers, day/night stuff and AI rotation that I'll notice. Having all the other stuff would be great but for me, I guess a casual gamer these days, its enough.

Oh god.......I'm no longer Hardcore! How the f#$k did that happen?!

:D
You should try playing online ;)

Yeah, just keep in mind, and I can copy and paste my post from EA's FIFA 10 forum over here as I said a fair bit more, that there are still glaring omissions in terms of gameplay and MM and yet we still get Ultimate Team a few months after FIFA 09's release.

You can say only focus on the gameplay and berate those who ask for what you'd consider to be silly little details but just realize that those little silly details hardly ever make it in and we still have gameplay issues. And we still get modes like UT which added what? Tattoos, bandanas and hats to your created player to put on what was essentially a created team? Why not just work that into the actual game for the next year? Contrary to popular belief, the tiny authentic details alone might not mean much, but collectively they can really add to the "Total Football Experience" that EA have been promising. Just see the new additions to Madden 10 this season as an example. Players getting carted off the field, coaches on the sidelines with clipboards, hand towels for receivers and QBs, team-specific gloves and shoes, IN ADDITION to the gameplay overhaul that the title's seen this year.

You say EA need to focus solely on the gameplay. But they clearly don't. There are still inexcusable things missing from MM and it really doesn't even look like they've done a whole lot to change it this year in the first place. But they seem to have the time to create a completely superfluous Ulitmate Team mode. Why not put that effort towards actually getting the minute authentic details like proper lettering for La Liga, the Prem, the Championship, etc., etc. Bring some of those customization options that people have to pay extra for into the actual game in the form of either more boots or, and this is just a suggestion, a color palette that'll let us change the colors of different sections of boots. Add additional stadiums, put managers on the sideline, I dunno.

The effort being put into useless modes like UT can be better spent elsewhere and if they're going to add all of those tiny customization options in UT, they can (and should) do something about the regular game as well.

:APPLAUD:

Yeah, just keep in mind, and I can copy and paste my post from EA's FIFA 10 forum over here as I said a fair bit more, that there are still glaring omissions in terms of gameplay and MM and yet we still get Ultimate Team a few months after FIFA 09's release. There were tons of complaints about MM freezing, online play being destroyed and yet we still get a $10 dollar add on that actually appeared to add more problems to the online mode after its release.

I said a bunch more on EA's forums though but that's the gist of my argument. You say EA need to focus solely on the gameplay. But they clearly don't. There are still inexcusable things missing from MM and it really doesn't even look like they've done a whole lot to change it this year in the first place. But they seem to have the time to create a completely superfluous Ulitmate Team mode. Why not put that effort towards actually getting the minute authentic details like proper lettering for La Liga, the Prem, the Championship, etc., etc. Bring some of those customization options that people have to pay extra for into the actual game in the form of either more boots or, and this is just a suggestion, a color palette that'll let us change the colors of different sections of boots. Add additional stadiums, put managers on the sideline, I dunno.

:APPLAUD:

I'll second that. Fantastic post.

Ultimate team was a load of shit, but it probably made EA a lot of money. Taking time over the little details and sorting out the basic omissions from the Manager Mode is probably not a huge concern to EA because there is nothing in it for them. The game will still fly off the shelves regardless.

Back
Top Bottom