FIFA 10

sorry to go way off topic but im fed up with a selected few showing next to no respect and constantly insult me for the fun of it

Yes that's the little clique dont worry it will never change!

So am I right in saying then that we are going to have quick freekicks at EVERY opportunity? I remember PES had it but sometimes it didn't give you the option?!

Last edited:
i agree with you...but it is something that they should think about for future FIfa's right?

To be honest, as someone who supports a Championship team that usually gets promoted to the Premiership after 1 or 2 seasons of an MM I'd have to say I'd never even thought about it or ever even noticed it! :)

So am I right in saying then that we are going to have quick freekicks at EVERY opportunity? I remember PES had it but sometimes it didn't give you the option?!

Hopefully not because it wouldn't be realistic if you had a quick freekick after some advantage play when the ball is far away. Didn't PES have quick freekick if the ball was still close to the foul?

I think I read that there will be cutscenes when a card is handed out, but I'm also pretty sure I've read that Glen or the other dude said that they saw a yellow card from normal view without a cutscene, not sure though. I think they should have added quick throw ins too.

Edit: Oh yeah, they also said quick freekicks are contextual so there will be no quick freekicks in the last third of the pitch, only in the middle.

I really don't think that's feasible at all TBH, a layer of realism that whilst nice would just need too much extra time when so many other areas require coding/art work.

I guess the Premier League & Championship arm patches are incorporated as part of the kit design, but if they were applied on top of the kit as a seperate layer they could be interchanged when a team gets promoted or relegated. Same goes with the numbers and fonts. It probably wouldn't be that much work, but then I know nothing about games development.

Respect is earned not expect, post using firefox + spellchecker and I'm sure you'll get far less grief.

Because that's the way the world runs isn't it Placebo. For gods sake. Jonney's contributing to this forum for a LONG time and while his views generally differ from the consensus, most of you should have the sense to look beyond a few simple spelling mistakes in what is famed as a 'mature, intelligent' forum. If it wasn't for him there would be very little animosity on this forum because you'd all be spouting the same crap and agreeing with each other.:OT:

Notice I'm not picking you up on "expect" not "expected". Tsk Tsk.

With regards to FIFA 10, I sort of wish people would stop throwing things like changing the league logo, using Arial as the font in the menu, or adding a certain freckle on Torres to the wish-lists that get sent over. It makes them unreadable and must be infuriating for EA. If I were them id read 10 of the first points and then realise that most of them are utter crap and will only ever be implemented in the days when the gameplay is 100% representative of real football.

There is a lot of constructive feedback given as well, but too often it's hidden away amidst a pile of suggested changes to artwork and trivial details.

Last edited:
I can see EA looking at at least another year if not two from the current engine, so this should mean plenty of time to work on other areas as well as tweaking game play; "god is in the detail" or so they say, realism to me is vital as I think EA have taken the Sim high ground by some margin from Konami and need to add to that in spades for 11....

Yeh i agree to a certain extent i just get annoyed at the flood of tiny suggestions that come in over really some pretty trivial things. Things like well created nets and proper numbering styles are important, I agree - its just that so often people get so upset with EA and submit complaints about the smallest things. A logo on the sleeve is one such example.

Look at the response to the lack of numbering in MM last year - people absolutely shat on them in their forum and said some very nasty things when really - it makes ZERO difference to the game whether messi is number 8 or 2 or 17 or 12.

^I agree.
Next time we should raid them with only suggestions regarding gameplay, little stuff to add to make it authentic is nice but the gameplay offline/online should be the priority.

These couple of bits were posted by David Rutter on Twitter this morning...

Can't reveal the secret feature until early july. But as a present...Triggers move your wall when defending a free kick...=)

So triggers move your wall...and holding RB will pop up a menu to let you change your free kick taker =)

Not a bad little addition that, wonder what the big, big news is they are holding off telling us

These couple of bits were posted by David Rutter on Twitter this morning...

Not a bad little addition that, wonder what the big, big news is they are holding off telling us
I'm certain it's a new on line game mode... :ROLL:

I know I'm going to enjoy some of the things they have done to improve the game, I'm sure it will be great.
I do hope we can see the full kits when selecting them this time and swap and change between them, though as we have heard nothing I doubt it...

TBH I was hoping for "we have decided to drop FIFA Manager and integrate the two"...

Doubt it is a new online mode, like been mention before one of the EA guys said in a video that they didn't add more online modes this year.

It must be a new BAP offline mode. Think about it, if it is a mode that doesn't have any online part in it, how could it possible be something else? Okok it COULD be something else but I can't figure out what it could be.

And the moving wall thing and freekick takers menu is great and shows once again that they listen to the community because this has been asked for in the official forums.

they said there wouldn't be any new online modes,because the modes they already have are enough (something along those lines anyway), but they would add to the existing modes, so could be new features which could enhance the modes a great deal

anything online related has me interested anyway

Be a ref mode would be a right laugh!! Just imagine - we've got 11v11 know and we can have people who are great at virtual reffing as well. The entire FIFA 14 will be played by players! All the outfielders, coaches who have to use natal to show their disappointment, and linesmen and refs controlled by controllers! LOL

Be a ref mode would be a right laugh!! Just imagine - we've got 11v11 know and we can have people who are great at virtual reffing as well. The entire FIFA 14 will be played by players! All the outfielders, coaches who have to use natal to show their disappointment, and linesmen and refs controlled by controllers! LOL

I think Be a Ref would be a good addition, just never online, because it invites people to take advantage of it. :CONF:

Seems to me you were being serious until people mocked the idea, don't be a sheep, if you think something's cool or a good idea stick to your guns, if people disagree tell them to fuck off, more than enough people in life willing to simply follow the flow, leads to a lack of creative imagination.

I think a Referee Career Mode would be brilliant. You know, being able to work your way up from like League 2 all the way up to, say, the CL final. Of course, a string of bad performances as ref and you'd be fired

I think a Referee Career Mode would be brilliant. You know, being able to work your way up from like League 2 all the way up to, say, the CL final. Of course, a string of bad performances as ref and you'd be fired
Heaven help us!EA hurry up with the bloody game people are losing it.:PRAY:

Nice post Mokbull, very funny.The football part isn't satisfying enough for a "be a ref "mode to be included, I'd be happy to brandish red cards around

Back
Top Bottom