FIFA 10

Have to say im loving this! You can play Semi or Manual people know WHOO! Only downside is I keep getting disconnected from PSN :((

Yeah I noticed that - played you earlier. I'm HandOfBeadle ;)

With semi controls this is utterly incredible. I've noticed a few bugs and I've just been playing friendlies/online but the actual experience of playing against others online (provided they are lag free) is brilliant.

Don't know if this is old news as I've never tried it before but I played a 1 v 1 game against a guy who had set up a team play room (10v10, or 5v5). We both chose Any, and carried on. This game was utterly lag free. Not even a hint of stutter that you get with even the best connections usually. I thoroughly recommend this if you have a very important 1 v 1 game that you need to play in practically offline conditions (though you do get the BAP performance bar and indicators).

my assistant is off mate. and im playing every match. When i go to team management it says

ASSISTANT MANAGER - OFF

But it was probably ON at first. I think if you start a MM Season it is always ON at first. After you turn it OFF you need do choose your Favorite Lineup one more time. Then your Lineup will be saved for the next Games.

But it was probably ON at first. I think if you start a MM Season it is always ON at first. After you turn it OFF you need do choose your Favorite Lineup one more time. Then your Lineup will be saved for the next Games.

Unfortunatly, it gets screwed after every transfer,from what I've noticed.

So I did my final squad after the transfer window was shut :)
Brilliant game btw.

Should they have not assigned say English league cup games to night stadiums only as these games apart from the final are always night games.Something maybe the could do if two teams are in different leagues,so say if you choose friendly Arsenal v Barca it would be and evening game.Good if you are creating a CL pr EC tourny.

Depth? Like what? Just play a bunch of friendlies.

The difference being friendlies have no end product at all. At least with live season you see your performance and result affect the rest of the game mode, whilst also having an adverse effect on every other club.

The difference being friendlies have no end product at all. At least with live season you see your performance and result affect the rest of the game mode, whilst also having an adverse effect on every other club.

Kinda like manager mode? :CONFUSE:

Player switching is absolutely dreadful. It's bad enough offline with it switching to players who are behind the guy with the ball and players to the side who have no chance of catching the runner, but online 1v1 is completely unplayable because of it. I'm learning to live with the slight unresponsiveness of play (which isn't as bad as last year I add) but the majority of the goals I've conceded to day online have been because it wouldn't switch to the right player in enough time and the striker just keeps running with the ball for an easy slot in. It's alright Rutter saying use the RAS to switch player with, but in the heat of the moment and with the delay it's awkward using the stick and in my experience it's just as poor at switching to the correct player.

They haven't fixed the goal keeper rush feature either. In one instance today I had my thumb pressed on triangle (where the keeper rushes out to the ball and collects it) for a good 4 seconds and he just stood there edging slowly towards the ball. There was noone around him, no threat whatsoever, then the opposition striker just runs on to the ball and slots it in the goal round the side of him. Just as bad as last year.

Please can someone explain to me how these two fundamental elements of gameplay got past quality control. At the moment I'm having a very hard time enjoying this game because of them. There are moments of brilliance with the freedom of passing, the improved shooting and driven crosses opening up endless ways to break down the opposition, but these are all to do with attacking. The defensive side of the game is completely broken and incredibly frustrating to get to grips with, ruining all your hard work.

There are other issues mind, but I can see past these. The CPU (on world class) gets away with murder when tackling you, yet you happen to use a bit of colourful language or look at their player the wrong way and it's a foul. Also, I've noticed how a lot of the suspect deflections happen to fall nicely to the CPU player.

Last edited:
MM:
Anyone noticed transfers being shown/done? twice? D. Wellbeck signed for a team, then a week later he signs again (might have been the same team). Same for an Arsenal player. Seems odd that they would show the same player again. Also N. Shorey signed for someone in the first week and then he was in another transferlist in the 7th week. I'm really not bothered who Nick Shorey signs for, no need to remind me a couple of weeks later.

Controls:
Quicktactics don't work with my controller (it's assigned to the analogstick) but I can never get past the first "down". On d-pad it works fine, Im prettu sure it's on the gameside as I never have a problem with other games.
However I remembered why I never used quicktactics in 09, didn't make much/any worthwhile difference. Something they really need to work on, having the tactics set up for long balls, deep defence, contain pressure and a mentality of ultra defensive and I still find my defenders near the halfway line getting caught out by fast strikers.

Animations:
The heading needs to be tweaked, tried the timing thing I mentioned earlier but it didn't help. Couple of times my defender chests it down only for the striker to run onto it and have a shot, all in the area. And it happens in attack aswell, great cross into Riera and he controls it down with his head and takes a shot, within two meters of the goal. The ball at certain height seems to make it go into no-mansland for the heading animation meaning your players always try to control it. Same in midfield, players will jump and chest a ball that they would normally let drop or header away as usually a comp player is too close.

Freekicks:
Low freekicks are too easy and really a no-no already. Was 4-2 down and got one on the edge of the area, so I decided to test it out to see if it was easier in training but it's the same. The wall, so far, always seems to jump.

Still really enjoying it, but there's definitly a few niggles that should be fixed. Good news; have only conceded one chip in 10 or so matches and that was when I decided to let the goalie out ridiculously early.

Good news; have only conceded one chip in 10 or so matches and that was when I decided to let the goalie out ridiculously early.

I conceded 4 chipped goals in my first 5 matches, but since then I haven't seen one and I've played about 25 matches. It's a strange one and it doesn't really bother me as much as the keeper just standing there when he could collect an easy ball in the area and the strike just running past him.

I've had no AI chipping the keeper, my own goalkeeper is performing well and rushing out when prompted. Infact, I'm yet to see any of the bugs I'd noticed a lot of in the demo.

So you mean LS 2.0 does not use the same form system as MM?

Well there's no transfer system for a start, which is causing a lot of bug issues.

I conceded 4 chipped goals in my first 5 matches, but since then I haven't seen one and I've played about 25 matches. It's a strange one and it doesn't really bother me as much as the keeper just standing there when he could collect an easy ball in the area and the strike just running past him.

Its a bit like the ball hitting the post too often, 1st friendly I think between the 2 teams we hit the post/bar 4 times, 2nd game something similar and the other 8 matches maybe 3 or 4 times in total. Same with the heading I guess, in one match it happens twice and I nearly concede and then another 3 matches without any problems.

this game is superb been battering it for the last 5 hours and really enjoying it. Seeing a lot of variety in animations and moves. Really feel like you can be creative and put together some great flowing stuff.

LS2.0 is awesome too, got the full league package. Got one for every country on the go at the moment and it's nice to have something different.

Pissed off at the replay upload. It didnt work rolled a peach through the keepers legs and it trickled over the line with the defender busting a hump to catch it, i didnt think it would make it but it went in, was awesome and looked amazing but it wouldnt upload!

Just scored a quality goal, but "couldnt connect to EA Football world" save it.

Something I wanted and mentinoed a few weeks ago- keepers coming out of their area and messing up!! Playing MM with Milan, in the pissing rain, I chipped it over the top, keeper raced out, ball to fast for him as it skidded off the wet turf, and I slotted in at an angle from 20 yards.

Was class, very realistic

I just got the game but only played a quick game. 2 questions, please please answer.

Is the Charmartin(sp?)stadium that is already inlcuded in the game the same Real Madrid stadium that is available in the EAstore?

Also is the Russian league in(ps3 version)?

I just got the game but only played a quick game. 2 questions, please please answer.

Is the Charmartin(sp?)stadium that is already inlcuded in the game the same Real Madrid stadium that is available in the EAstore?

Also is the Russian league in(ps3 version)?

Regarding the stadium, very doubtful. The Bernabeu is downloadable content only and definitely not part of the original package :))

I love the new Practice-Arena but i would love it even more, if i could change the Camera. I'm using Tele-Cam with my own zoom and high and playing a Practice-Match with Standard Tele-Cam feels a lot different.

And i would love to make Substitution or try some Tactics during a Practice-Match but unfortunately it seems there is no way to do this. It's a pity.

Back
Top Bottom