FIFA 10

I have just tonight played about a billion % more manual ranked matches than I did in FIFA 09. Searching for manual players works brilliant so far and I have never had to wait more than a minute for a game. Also manual players tend to choose very different teams from the assisted..., so far I have played against Sporting, Milan, Getafe, Wolfsburg etc. Quite refreshing. Let's just pray that in a month you will still be able to find manual players.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG !:D:D:D:D:D:D

Right. Calm. Need all my skills for Trials HD.

scored several of those long range ones aswell, and i am not even trying yet.

bugs the shit out of me, so many flaws to the gameplay. can't see this being in my drive for much longer if there are no REAL fixes coming up

scored several of those long range ones aswell, and i am not even trying yet.

bugs the shit out of me, so many flaws to the gameplay. can't see this being in my drive for much longer if there are no REAL fixes coming up

Are you playing on 360, or PS3? PS3 I guess looking at your GT.

I think it's at least for the opening weekend. Tesco are undercutting them as well at £24.97.

Spot on! Surprised as to why Tesco didn't run an advert in the papers, iirc they did it last year with FIFA 09, I only saw the Asda advert of £26.71 and purchased from Asda. I would have liked to have purchased the game from Tesco but as far as I'm concerned it is only a difference £1.74 which doesn't bother me slightly.

Just downloading the patch now :D

Awesome news liger/disqo!

I do wish EA would send out private online Betas. It would make so much sense to choose rationally minded members of various forums, make them sign NDAs and give them the chance to really muller the code in June, July or so. Then collect their thoughts on various aspects of the game.

I'd also include different settings for certain gameplay aspects - global pass accuracy/speed, shot accuracy/technique/power, keeper aggression etc. Just have two options for each (or even just two builds, each containing different settings) and ask the beta players which they prefer. I guess leaks are the main sticking point..

I've just had my last demo session. I'm really happy with my current settings - semi passing plus manual through balls slows the game down perfectly IMO, still plenty of room for quick passing play but you can't ping pong nearly as much because the final pass becomes so much more of a challenge. Now I just need that midfield pressure tweak from the patch so I can actually pick my passes!

Roll on postie.

Awesome news liger/disqo!

I do wish EA would send out private online Betas. It would make so much sense to choose rationally minded members of various forums, make them sign NDAs and give them the chance to really muller the code in June, July or so. Then collect their thoughts on various aspects of the game.

God yes. I can't think of any game which needs a beta more. Emirates days are great, but they are nothing to what a very small beta with some very dedicated people could achieve. 50 people on the EA forums, audition them similarly to the emirates tests. Allow 1v1 online play, 1vCPU play, and a skeletal MM, and force very strict NDAs, with a simple policy - you spill, you never get into anything they do again.

I'm sure it wouldn't be that easy to sort out, but the dividends would be absolutely ridiculous.

I've applied my Gameface to my VP and the game has turned me into a white male with a black face!

3972686347_61d8c1607f.jpg

Last edited:
I've applied my Gameface to my VP and the game has turned me into a white male with a black face!

3972686347_61d8c1607f.jpg

There is something slightly amusing about how stupid that is. I think it's come out really well other than that too... Can you edit the appearance of him to give him a different skin tone? (either through the website - though clearly it doesn't look like that there, or through some other route)

There is something slightly amusing about how stupid that is. I think it's come out really well other than that too... Can you edit the appearance of him to give him a different skin tone? (either through the website - though clearly it doesn't look like that there, or through some other route)

Slightly?? It's bloody hilarious!

yeah the pressure button has to go. Too many people spoil the game using that damn button.

As with what I was saying earlier, it's not that things need to go... the pressure button should be there but it should cause loads of bad tackles, stamina loss, fouls and therefore yellow cards. It's such an easy thing to balance. For me the pressure button is necessary ie if i want to control someone away from the ball and have another player go and cover. Assisted passing shouldn't give anyone a real advantage (except maybe over fully manual) because it should leave all of the accuracy in the hands of the players stats, which means if you pass with a bad player, it will go astray much more often than you would like with you having no control over this.

And I also keep seeing posts about how everyone who doesn't play on manual should be on a lower skill level... I don't play on manual as a preference (I play on semi) as I believe that strikes the perfect balance between the player controlling the game and the in game player, letting player attributes do some of the work but not all. I think most of the semi players would agree that we're just as skilled as the manual players! :)

Disagree completely. If you just play for 20 minutes with manual passing and 20 minutes with semi passing you'll see what a ludicrous comment that is. It takes MUCH more skill to play on manual than semi.

And I also keep seeing posts about how everyone who doesn't play on manual should be on a lower skill level... I don't play on manual as a preference (I play on semi) as I believe that strikes the perfect balance between the player controlling the game and the in game player, letting player attributes do some of the work but not all. I think most of the semi players would agree that we're just as skilled as the manual players! :)

:FAIL:

my goodness. i have to stop reading impressions (about the online). it's getting me down. :LOL:

.... :(

my goodness. i have to stop reading impressions. it's getting me down. :LOL:

.... :(

They were for me, for a while, but then I thought about it. If I can find a manual game, I don't really think much of the other stuff matters.

The comparison between FIFA 09 + You playing against assisted nubs, and FIFA 10 + Manual... isn't even worth considering. The manager mode stuff is horrid, but I don't really play it. The longshot bug.. easily fixed.. probably impossible on manual.

So, all said and done, I'm not really excited again, after having a little depressive stage in between :D

I only play full manual ranked matches, and I played 8 games today, never had any trouble either getting one. I think one time I found one straight away, and the others it said there was none available so I created one myself and every time within 60 seconds an opponent joined and was ready to play :)).

Now I actually just need to get good at the game, P9 W1 L8! :LOL:

does any1 else have a sony bravia lcd tv?
ive been playing fifa 10 on mine and it feels fast and so responsive, but when i play on my mates samsung or lg tvs its so slow and sluggish and unresponsive. any1 else notice this?
by the way i have game mode enabled on my tv

I only play full manual ranked matches, and I played 8 games today, never had any trouble either getting one. I think one time I found one straight away, and the others it said there was none available so I created one myself and every time within 60 seconds an opponent joined and was ready to play :)).

Now I actually just need to get good at the game, P9 W1 L8! :LOL:

It´s really good to hear that´s easier to find manual random players online. Last year i simply couldn´t find anyone or had to wait a lot until someone appear. But since i already have tons of people on friend´s list that plays only on manual won´t be much of a problem to find people to play with. :P

I just hope the game is good on manual and 10 minutes, too bad i have to wait two more weeks to get it. :(

It´s really good to hear that´s easier to find manual random players online. Last year i simply couldn´t find anyone or had to wait a lot until someone appear. But since i already have tons of people on friend´s list that plays only on manual won´t be much of a problem to find people to play with. :P

I just hope the game is good on manual and 10 minutes, too bad i have to wait two more weeks to get it. :(

Well, on PS3 I couldn't find one manual match so far
I hope this get's better this weekend

After doing the 'chav run' at ASDA last night and playing for an hour or so, some (very) early thoughts.

1) This IS basically FIFA09.5. I'd challenge anyone to watch 2 games side by side (kit updates aside) and see a noticeable difference. There are some subtle things though that DO improve it from 09 and make it more enjoyable.

2) Kits, kits, kits! Why do they keep fucking it up? I played Southend v Colchester and was really pleased both sides have the official FL numbers. Then I played Norwich who had some generic odd font :( Is it THAT hard?

3) I am enjoying it more than 09 though. There are slightly less midfield scraps, so you can get some inventive play going.

I've switched from manual passing back to semi. I agree with the guy above, its the best balance. Full manual is probably best suited to online teams as that is a true test of the human players skill. Single player v the AI though, its much better to be on Semi as the player attributes come into play and you can tell who good and bad passers are - and still have some control over where the ball goes.

Shame crosses are still as bad as 09. Any cross results in a headed chance only (if it finds the right area). In PES (sorry!) you get a much wider variety of delivery and hence different chances.

Still, happy with the game and looking forward to growing into it more and setting up my VP properly later.

OH! One more point... how shit is the VP thing when you add them to a team? I didnt realise it would actually put them into a real squad and take someones place in the team and squad number. Most annoying and unrealstic.

Why couldnt the VP only appear for that team in the VP mode :(

Waiting for my delivery from Game which was pre-ordered about 2 months ago.

I could have gone to ASDA last night but thought this year I'll have an early night and wait for it to arrive. If Game do not deliver then I will cancel the 9 pre-order titles with them, buy from somewhere today and send it back to them.

They make enough from software to make sure it is delivered on release day (although postal strikes do not help)

Anyway, I am very much looking forward to it and I hope you all rcv your copies today;)

Does anyone know if the ASDA price of £26.71 is just for the midnight launch? Are they bumping the price back up tomorrow morning to £30 + ?

I can get it at midnight from Hunts Cross ASDA but if the price will be the same in the morning I'll just wait until then and grab it at a nearer store

Just got mine for £26.71....:)

Managed to have a decent go yesterday, about an hour and a half.

Edited stadium assignments (done in 5min. for the prem) and then decided to update player squads. Sadly, and ridiculously imo, the stadiums got reset again. Surely they can just add an extra savefile for the stadiums!

Then decided to start a MM just to have a look, will wait for the patch, redo the stadiums and start a proper one again. So started with the friendlies; two clear night matches, 1 sunny day and 1 night rain. The rain night matches are stunning imo, they have a misting effect (same as PES) that really adds some depth. Ball reactions are great aswell, low passes get bogged down from time to time but mostly are quite zippy whilst long high balls/through passes are pretty useless as they really skip of the surface. Precisely how it should be. Really, really impressed, even moreso as in 09 MM I never played in the rain, barely a night game even.

Gameplay is really good, slowed down, more time and surprisingly the players feel really different!
-Masch is great at defending but don't bother difficult passes,
-Lucas is pretty useless with everything but 10 yrd side passes,
-Carra is really showing his slowness and age now, a tanker when turning, crap at passing and not very good at heading either (not against big lads).
-Skrtel is quite a beast but a bit rough and concedes freekicks a lot,
-Dossena has "his" run but it limited
-Aurelio can really pass and put in a good cross but not the strongest defensively
-Reira has weight and skill but isn't anything special,
-Babel is limited in skill but once you get away from the defender you can't catch him,
-Gerrard is Gerrard with skill, power and a great shot,
-Beni Noon is decent but when tussling with a defender really keeps the ball well without getting away or anything. Could do with a bit faster turning/dribbling but otherwise really accurate,
- The greek is slow, poor at passing but a really strong defender and good at heading
-Aquilani is strong and has a good pass and shot but isnt especially fast (Gerrard light)

Passing, shooting and crossing, longballs feels really really good. Have also noticed a lot more adjustment from players to use their prefered foot and shooting with his left Gerrard is far less accurate. Player weight, speed, ect feels just right to me. Really good.

So I then stopped and did some freekick practise in the Arena. Really liked it, however it might be too easy atm. I was crap at 09 and scored maybe 1 in 30. Scored one in my 2nd friendly in MM and then was scoring about 50% in the arena mode. Offcourse I was using Gerrard and Aqua so they have really good stats, so not sure what it's like with lesser players. Tried 4 different freekick styles, Finess was useless for me, Normal with down and 1,5bar was really accurate, R1+3bars (30+yards) is a belter from longrange. I scored a couple like the Gerrard one the other week from near the corner of the pitch like that. And r1+1,5bar is a low range under the wall that was too easy. But like crossing you have far more control now so it feels good atm but when we get really good is could be too easy.

Then I played a friendly with Real against Manu (wanted to see player reactions as my MM was building up fitness so they weren't at the top of their game) Bernabeau, Night clear. Players were far sharper and felt really responsive, Ronaldo got hacked down by Evra but no freekick and the crowd started to really boo manu's possesion. Sound seems much improved, was the same for the friendlies, I was up at 1-0 and keeping possesion and the fans were cheering each pass. However it was at a nother level for the Real match, really intense.

MM seemed mostly to be menu adjustments (lot easier in the hub to see info), the transfer system (Although I wasnt really paying much attention) and the difference in match settings. Saw the form changes but can't remember seeing huge differences (was only looking at the overal ratings). Tbh I don't know how much was fitness building and how much just the standard differences but it didn't feel ridiculous during the matches. Torres went down in rating and was having a crap game but then he does at times anyway. He still had the majority of skills but was just a bit off, less sharp which felt normal to me. Only added to the tactical side with subs making a bigger difference, especially with the added player differences.

Thats it so far, really impressed atm.

Oh yeah nearly forgot. Noticed the chesting in the earlier matches and started using different timing (pretty much just as the ball is hitting your head) and it seemed to help. I think it might depend more on the type of ball coming in, slow high balls you can do the same timing, but those zippier lower crosses are dififcult. Im not sure, could be different crossing/situations meaning less instances in a match, but the different timing seemed to help.

Last edited:
OH! One more point... how shit is the VP thing when you add them to a team? I didnt realise it would actually put them into a real squad and take someones place in the team and squad number. Most annoying and unrealstic.

Why couldnt the VP only appear for that team in the VP mode :(

Whaaa? So if you pick Man United your VP will replace Rooney in the team? Is he still part of the squad but just under a different number?

That was my concern about VP. Do you have to place your VP into a team? I realistically only want to use him for clubs and BAP Season, but if it means he'll be appearing for Manchester United in manager mode for example, i won't be using it what so ever.

Back
Top Bottom