FIFA 10

Tesco and Blockbuster are selling at midnight.This game is the bollocks.

Just phoned my Blockbuster up and they aren't opening until 8 in the morning.
Which Tesco you on about fella? Culver, Western Avenue???
You already have it? From where??

Sorry about all the ???'s but I want it and I want it effing now!!! :)

Just had my Argos e-mail and it stated within 5 working days, Could turm up tomorrow but I'm not amused just incase it doesn't!

lol those goals are a joke :LOL: who tested this game? and how's it getting 9/10's? hopefully manual gaming isn't like this. That vid i playpen stuff.

edit: As much as I recognise EA have worked hard on gameplay almost to the detriment of everything else, for the game to ship with such blatant bugs in Manager Mode and chipped/finesse shots being overpowered, is a joke. Seriously. Add to the fact that the presentation has barely changed and you're left scratching your head. 360 degree dribbling must have REALLY taken it out of them.

No doubt I'll enjoy the final product tomorrow but, I honestly cannot believe half the nonsense I'm seeing online. This will be patched a 3rd time by the end of next week. No doubt in my mind.

Bang on gameklip :TU:.

lol those goals are a joke :LOL: who tested this game? and how's it getting 9/10's? hopefully manual gaming isn't like this. That vid i playpen stuff.

edit: As much as I recognise EA have worked hard on gameplay almost to the detriment of everything else, for the game to ship with such blatant bugs in Manager Mode and chipped/finesse shots being overpowered, is a joke. Seriously. Add to the fact that the presentation has barely changed and you're left scratching your head. 360 degree dribbling must have REALLY taken it out of them.

No doubt I'll enjoy the final product tomorrow but, I honestly cannot believe half the nonsense I'm seeing online. This will be patched a 3rd time by the end of next week. No doubt in my mind.

It's not the finesse shots which are a problem... So far, every goal I've seen go in from that range has been a normal shot.

The patch sorted the finesse shots. There is another problem, which is basically just the kick-off goal all over again.

Without viewing the clip, is it one shot at goal that's gone in, or a collection of the same strikes all finding the net?

Can anybody be so kind as to post a pic of Antonio Valencia from Manchester United and Cristian Benitez from Birmingham City? I am in the US and we don't get the game for a while.

Thanks,

Without viewing the clip, is it one shot at goal that's gone in, or a collection of the same strikes all finding the net?

Two shots, similar method, different result. Very difficult to pull off to be honest. He does a rainbow, then hits a normal shot as hard as he can, both times the goalkeeper fails to get to it. Absolutely ridiculous.

I think they may have sorted the finesse problem - but the normal shot is screwy.

Those goals are awful, and it's depressing to see that crap still in such an amazing game. I keep hearing that this is because people can play on assisted... but it's really SO simple to fix (this goes for 'ping-pong passing as well'. I fail to understand how it's not a simple to fix to create a model for shot accuracy that decreases not ONLY with power (since obviously the power you need to shoot from 50 yards is much different from 30, and the power bar doesnt change) but also with distance... FFS the further out you are the lower the accuracy is! is it that difficult? shots from there should either go over the bar, bounce to the keeper easily, or go wide 99% of the time. PROBLEM SOLVED. For people that are able to create such a great game why is this so difficult to do? It's not like the half way goal has just become a problem this year. Maybe I don't understand programming properly but it seems that this is just so simple.

And for ping pong passing, just increase the effect of stats on accurate passing + decrease your passing accuracy a certain percentage for first time passes (-15% accuracy, maybe the "skill" rating mediates this so the higher your skill the lower the negative effect) They probably have something similar already but the effect needs to be greater. Passes are inaccurate, no more ping pong passing. Why is this so difficult?

I need to convince myself to stop reading what people are saying. The FIFA forums are full of trolls dotted with the occasional constructive complaint. Can't tell which is which most of the time, unless it's from the handful of people who have trolled that forum for years.

The half-way-line goal video worries me - though it's not as major as the finesse problem would have been if it had come to its fruition.

I'm just not going to know. This game allows you to play so much your own way that if a player plays badly the game feels bad. So I can't tell 'til tomorrow, that is assuming the damned thing comes tomorrow.

Basically, in the space of 3minutes on 1p v 1p mode, with the new patch installed, a guy is slamming in goals of the season, one after another.

It's a joke. Apparently that's what you get when 70% of your development time is allocated to gameplay. Amazing. I'm seriously amazed. Online will be a joke this year if you can shoot from 40-50 yards with Gerrard/Kaka/Ronaldo/Etc and hit the target each time, with aplomb. It should be a special thing to score these goals but it seems any old mug can bang them in on assisted.

I'll reserve final judgment until tomorrow but it's not looking too good (and I'm normally an optimist). It may even be worth waiting on this until EA get a patch out. I can't even imagine what non-hardcore gamers player manger mode and find Raul on 99 for speed after a few matches.

I'm really holding my tongue here but if even half of all this nonsense is true then Marcel, and Mr. Rutter especially, will have blogs and twitters of explaining to do. :LOL:

I want to hear what Chris D thinks. He's normally thinking along my lines. :CONFUSE:

EA fucked up the font size :(

fontsize.jpg

Is that only for online? I have been trying to have it display the player names in the demo but no luck.

Basically, in the space of 3minutes on 1p v 1p mode, with the new patch installed, a guy is slamming in goals of the season, one after another.

A little bit of an overstatement. It was two goals...

It's a joke. Apparently that's what you get when 70% of your development time is allocated to gameplay. Amazing. I'm seriously amazed. Online will be a joke this year if you can shoot from 40-50 yards with Gerrard/Kaka/Ronaldo/Etc and hit the target each time, with aplomb. It should be a special thing to score these goals but it seems any old mug can bang them in on assisted.

I'm very concerned about it - but at the same time.. I dunno. It kind of reminds me of 09's kick-off-goal. However much of a a problem it WAS... I never actually had anyone score against me with it. It shouldn't exist.. but still.

The way he scores them is so ridiculous, so utterly impossible in a match situation... I dunno. It's dumb, but I'm not shitting myself that badly over that bit.

I'm really holding my tongue here but if even half of all this nonsense is true then Marcel, and Mr. Rutter especially, will have blogs and twitters of explaining to do. :LOL:

It would be such a pity. They've got so much right and they let it go again because they are too scared to make the radical changes this game needs.

I'm watching a ranked game right now... It looks very FIFA 09 is. Pingpong, imbecile assisted players somehow pulling off ridiculous passes witn no skill at all. Not enough time on the ball.

The pressure buttons need to be removed. There are a few things that simply need to go from this game. The assist system needs to go. The pressure buttons need to go. The stupid fucking game is still trying to appeal to the worst type of scum, and I fucking hate it.

I fucking hate knowing that EA could do it with two or three quite big but relatively simple changes, and make this game great.. but instead I have to watch little 12 year old gits enjoying themselves making everyone else miserable.

The manual filter will make the difference from this game being amazing for me, or terrible. It comes down to that. I honestly could burn things at the moment I'm so angry.

EA just need to create 3 Rankings
Division one: full manual games
Division two: semi games
Division three: assisted games

If they can make such a thing this game will be great :)

Does anyone know if the ASDA price of £26.71 is just for the midnight launch? Are they bumping the price back up tomorrow morning to £30 + ?

I can get it at midnight from Hunts Cross ASDA but if the price will be the same in the morning I'll just wait until then and grab it at a nearer store

A little bit of an overstatement. It was two goals...

I'm very concerned about it - but at the same time.. I dunno. It kind of reminds me of 09's kick-off-goal. However much of a a problem it WAS... I never actually had anyone score against me with it. It shouldn't exist.. but still.

The way he scores them is so ridiculous, so utterly impossible in a match situation... I dunno. It's dumb, but I'm not shitting myself that badly over that bit.

It would be such a pity. They've got so much right and they let it go again because they are too scared to make the radical changes this game needs.

I'm watching a ranked game right now... It looks very FIFA 09 is. Pingpong, imbecile assisted players somehow pulling off ridiculous passes witn no skill at all. Not enough time on the ball.

The pressure buttons need to be removed. There are a few things that simply need to go from this game. The assist system needs to go. The pressure buttons need to go. The stupid fucking game is still trying to appeal to the worst type of scum, and I fucking hate it.

I fucking hate knowing that EA could do it with two or three quite big but relatively simple changes, and make this game great.. but instead I have to watch little 12 year old gits enjoying themselves making everyone else miserable.

The manual filter will make the difference from this game being amazing for me, or terrible. It comes down to that. I honestly could burn things at the moment I'm so angry.

yeah the pressure button has to go. Too many people spoil the game using that damn button.

I have just tonight played about a billion % more manual ranked matches than I did in FIFA 09. Searching for manual players works brilliant so far and I have never had to wait more than a minute for a game. Also manual players tend to choose very different teams from the assisted..., so far I have played against Sporting, Milan, Getafe, Wolfsburg etc. Quite refreshing. Let's just pray that in a month you will still be able to find manual players.

The other day I was watching people play fifa 09 in my barber shop. One player went 4 - 0 up and then the opponent got it back to 4-4. The game was laughable but they loved it talking about how good they were. All on assisted and just made me think these were two of many who love playing like that.

Jesus, just how many kits are fecked up this year. A big list already on the forums. They cant even get Newcastles sponsor colour right. I think fifa11 really needs to have more focus on graphics and presentation.
Can anybody confirm Arsenals lettering is in lower case on the back of the shirts

Does anyone know if the ASDA price of £26.71 is just for the midnight launch? Are they bumping the price back up tomorrow morning to £30 + ?

I can get it at midnight from Hunts Cross ASDA but if the price will be the same in the morning I'll just wait until then and grab it at a nearer store
I think it's at least for the opening weekend. Tesco are undercutting them as well at £24.97.

Back
Top Bottom