FIFA 10

Playing a BAPS game and Tottenham brought on a player, I'm sure it said it was Adam Smith. He was black with blonde hair. Thinking this probably wasn't right, I checked the Spurs squad after the game and there's no players like that.

Odd.

BAP uses generic players doesn't it? Or do you just mean offline?

Just downloaded a 2nd squad update, alnwick is back at spurs, dunne and ben haim gone from man city and thier formation has changed

Last edited:
Yeah I've just phoned Game and they're charging £49.99! :LOL:

"We will probably reduce the price eventually."

Robbing f*ckers.

£50 is silly money, especially on sports games where it's usually the same engine just tweaked etc. (not that I'm saying no work went into Fifa 10). It just encourages piracy.

H

P.S. To the American gentleman: The supermarkets sell things at cost at least, sometimes. It never used to happen but now it is constant. Good for consumers, bad for independents...

P.P.S. So ASDA are selling it for half of GAME's price? Who doesn't realise this and buys from GAME? I don't get it, really (though obviously ASDA can't supply every single gamer).

Can someone help me with getting my gameface actually on my VP?
I can see my gameface oas my avatar in the bottom corner, when I go to download gameface it says something like "there have been no changes....".
How do I actually apply it?

The game face in the game doesn't look at all the game face in the web. a big let down by now, I really expected to play with virtual myself. any word on this being a problem or is it just that the game transforms the 3d mesh to a VERY simple one to put into the game, thus loosing the great look?

Atually, my face looks not only Asian, but an angry max payned asian version of my face.

About the game, much better than the demo for me by now, I'll wait to post more in-depth impressions further on.

- There's more time on the ball in slow, which is great, even though shots and headers seem to lack a little (just a tiny bit) strength sometimes.

- Long passing is excellent and way better than in demo, it can be a key factor in the game, and the ball physics are great.

- Pressing sprint only to sprint now and then is key. Stamina makes a good impact through the game.

- Human VS Human is awesome. It's really a case of "flows" or "trends" during the game, sometimes you find yourself totally in control, sometimes you find it hard to defend, sometimes you're walking the park. I like the variations during a single match.

- Keepers can make great saves and great mistakes. Overall, better than the last year but need some tweaking in specific situations. In crosses or gronud passes that go near the goal sometimes they can take a lot to react, while they react fast in open space situations.

- CPU ai is more enjoyable, though they have the usual problem of not shooting at sight while they can cross always with laser-kind precision to score.

Overall very satisfied and expecting to try more things, specially online against some users I use to play (and switch semi to manual and viceversa to see the differences).

I hope you don't find this post boring, Zeemeister, as you say it happens with my posts when I analyze PES or try to explain how animation engines and collision detection works (or having to explain people why it doesn't make any sense to mo-cap a net and a ball). I won't be posting again in the PES thread so you'd only have to ignore me here.

Playing a BAPS game and Tottenham brought on a player, I'm sure it said it was Adam Smith. He was black with blonde hair. Thinking this probably wasn't right, I checked the Spurs squad after the game and there's no players like that.

Odd.

Wasn't it a reserves game? There are a lot of generic players that gets created to fill up reserve teams. Often you notice them stand out just because the reason you said, often you see black players with blonde hair which isn't very usual in real life.

Nick Cave - so you're in Leeds then? So am I but over in Whinmoor - damn I don't have a car at the moment so no midnight run to ASDA for me :(
Anyone know what Tesco's are doing with FIFA10?

How are the subs generally so far Dags? are they more realistic in their tactics etc? In the demo Barcelona *always* bring on Maxwell for Henry and it does my head in - even if I'm beating them!

Not really noticed too much to be honest, although we were winning a BAPS game 1-0 and the CPU thought he'd take a midfielder off and bring on a striker which I thought was odd.

Quality game though, I forgot how good BAP was :)

Wasn't it a reserves game? There are a lot of generic players that gets created to fill up reserve teams. Often you notice them stand out just because the reason you said, often you see black players with blonde hair which isn't very usual in real life.

Yep, reserve game. Thought that might've been the reason after I posted :P

No weather options for the Bernabeu.

Last edited by a moderator:
I take it you don't know that you can filter online games so you only play people on manual then? You can't complain about it being ping-pong if you're choosing to play people using assisted controls.

But i can never find a game with ppl who only use manual. so online is pingpong football when i play random ppl. i cant see this changing even when the game is officially out.

Last edited:
Just got back from ASDA to see if I could sneak a copy but no sign of it :(

Guy behind the counter confirmed midnight sale, £26.71, so I'll pop along and queue with all the other teenage weirdo's. So embarrassing being 33 and queuing with all the kids :LOL:

RE: Tesco - that's what I got too - no info at all :RANT: Think I'll risk going to ASDA in the morning hopefully they will not have sold out all their stock!

£50 is silly money, especially on sports games where it's usually the same engine just tweaked etc. (not that I'm saying no work went into Fifa 10). It just encourages piracy.

H

P.S. To the American gentleman: The supermarkets sell things at cost at least, sometimes. It never used to happen but now it is constant. Good for consumers, bad for independents...

P.P.S. So ASDA are selling it for half of GAME's price? Who doesn't realise this and buys from GAME? I don't get it, really (though obviously ASDA can't supply every single gamer).

i just popped round GAME at lunch time and asked how much they would sell it for and the guy doesnt know until tomorrow LOL. i reckognise that guy i ask as he has been working on that GAME store since i was kid :LOL:

Both Tesco and Morrisons local to me have the games in stock but are refusing to make them available at midnight and instead are releasing them in the morning for £28.99 and £32.99 respectively.

They claim none of the chain are having a midnight launch, so only ASDA seems to be going ahead with it at the moment - according to the others.

Just got back from ASDA to see if I could sneak a copy but no sign of it :(

Guy behind the counter confirmed midnight sale, £26.71, so I'll pop along and queue with all the other teenage weirdo's. So embarrassing being 33 and queuing with all the kids :LOL:
Just say your getting it for your son;)

Back
Top Bottom