FIFA 10

For me the ranked online 1v1 will be made, or broken based on whether people are using the filters for manual. If I can't at least find semi matches to play, I think I'll hate it. Assisted is still too easy.

I'm not sure how EA can make everyone happy with assisted. Some people actually love every single pass to hit the target and every shot to end in a goal. Sad but true. It makes them feel like gods in Legendary mode.

I think that once EA get the AI sorted 100% then assisted won't be such a problem. EA have made scoring a little more troublesome on assisted this year though. That's a fact. Finesse finishing with players like Gerrard and Lampard is way too easy though. Keepers should really be able to pick up on a curler.

For me the ranked online 1v1 will be made, or broken based on whether people are using the filters for manual. If I can't at least find semi matches to play, I think I'll hate it. Assisted is still too easy.

EA could have easily made the default controls semi-assisted. That would have solved a lot of issues. But since they didn't we are stuck having to wait for a manual leader board or a system that gives a player extra points for playing with manual. EA went for the most simplest solutions which was not very well thought out.

Does anyone else see the Gameface avatars as some sort of cult? Gradually more and more people are being taken over.

Won't be long before we have to find the EA Gameface Server and kill its brain.

I'm not sure how EA can make everyone happy with assisted. Some people actually love every single pass to hit the target and every shot to end in a goal. Sad but true. It makes them feel like gods in Legendary mode.

I think that once EA get the AI sorted 100% then assisted won't be such a problem. EA have made scoring a little more troublesome on assisted this year though. That's a fact. Finesse finishing with players like Gerrard and Lampard is way too easy though. Keepers should really be able to pick up on a curler.

There are a few issues. The first thing is that, yes, people LIKE to do this, that and the other, but people shouldn't always get what they want, and in this case it's damaging the game. The issues are various, but the primary one is simple. Forza 3's demo recently came out, and, there is something very, very striking about that game.

It has a lot of assists. ABS, TCS, STM, Automatic gears, automatic clutch, suggested line, and, even auto-braking. The EASE of driving with all of these on is immense...

You know what though? If you look at the leaderboards, in every single one the top 10 is comprised almost entirely of people using 1 assist (automatic clutch - it's a real pain on the controller for most). Even with the clutch, slowly that is being taken over by clutch-users too.

For anyone that CAN, there is no question what you should choose because the results, AND the fun, and the control, and the realism are all in one place. That's how it should be on FIFA.

The issue for EA is this - assisted is easier, and, better. That's the problem. You should get an ADVANTAGE out of playing on manual if you put the effort in to learn how - but you don't, and that's the issue.

Manual (or semi, or whatever) should give you more control, and by extension, if you are good enough to utilise the control, better results. Whilst there may be some genius-freak who can actually do better with manual than assisted, the vast majority of players, including the really skilled ones cannot.

I'll tell you right now - if I was in control of EA for just this part of the game - just the assists. People would not know what had hit them. I don't mind if people want to play on an easier mode, but they should be consigned to one of two things:

1) They will be on different leaderboards, and labelled as amateur
2) They will be beaten by people who know what they are doing without the assists.

I'd also entirely remove the system and put in a new one, massively decreasing the level of options to at maximum 4, which would comprise:

Noob - (essentially assisted)
Amateur - (essentially semi, but manual on both through balls and chipped through balls)
Professional - (manual, but, with some assistance on shooting and crossing)
Extreme - (full manual)

and personally I really wouldn't mind if they removed the two extremities. I prefer manual to the other ~100 combinations, but I'm adamant that the shooting and crossing is too much, though I'd probably choose somewhere in between semi and manual.

Any number of situations could be implemented - but what is ABSOLUTELY certain is the system at the moment is terrible. I find it insulting that when I press 'Experienced' tomorrow when I get the game, it will decide that I'm good enough to play on World Class, and yet, not good enough to learn to play with some control.

This is one of my main things I want changed, I want a TOTAL rethink next year, or, at the very minimum a radical improvement. I am literally praying that I will be able to ATLEAST get a game on semi.

Last edited:
imo this game is too arcade. they run too fast, shots are too powerful(omg Gerrard's shot is faster than a bullet). passes are ALWAYS pingpong.
yes i know u can select a slower speed and play on manual everything. But this opinion is based on ranked matches...which is what i usually play when i go against random ppl online. When i go against someone - i liked to believe i out played them at a even ground. i.e. same settings for both players. I wouldnt like to thing i won becoz i hav an advantage from autos (not lose vice-a-versa)
sure it moves smoother than 09...but the gameplay is taking a step back imo.

i actually prefer 09.

does anyone else sure this feeling about fifa10?

Last edited:
imo this game is too arcade. they run too fast, shots are too powerful(omg Gerrard's shot is faster than a bullet). passes are ALWAYS pingpong.
yes i know u can select a slower speed and play on manual everything. But this opinion is based on ranked matches...which is what i usually play when i go against random ppl online. When i go against someone - i liked to believe i out played them at a even ground. i.e. same settings for both players. I wouldnt like to thing i won becoz i hav an advantage from autos (not lose vice-a-versa)

i actually prefer 09.

might i suggest manual and playing against your mates who play manual?

i actually prefer 09.

I take it you don't know that you can filter online games so you only play people on manual then? You can't complain about it being ping-pong if you're choosing to play people using assisted controls.

The response times online are killing this game.

Its awful.

Is it just me,or is the shooting rubbish compared to the demo ?

Fifa 09 online is soooo much better,imo.

If Nokami sort out online this year, i may just be tempted back...I'm not enjoying this as much as I feel I should be, and I loved the demo.

Not being rude or anything but after playing WE2010 (demo) the button lag (and keepers) offline kills the game. Online I'd be pounding my head into the wall. I hope this is just pre-launch jitters in the server. I'll be playing fifa10 tomorrow and will write -up a long bit of impressions followed by some vids of WE2010 Demo and Fifa10 retail.

Offline is great. Online is fu**** terrible. Little, but Lags, reads the disc all the time, random and game is too fast. You do not have time to think. Fifa 09 was perfect online, im totally dissapointed. Is patch gonna fix it ?? Anyone?

Last edited:
Little first impression here from another messageboard :

Loving it so far. Started a new season with Spurs on World Class difficulty. Cruised through the friendlies with ease, won 2-0, 2-1, 3-0 and 1-0. Then came first game of season, away to Hull, they got an early goal, put them under enormous pressure, but lost. Next two games, more losses to Sunderland (also very narrow and we deserved to win, 1-2) and Villa (also 1-2).

Then equalize late in home game against ManU, 1-1. Go away to Arsenal next, and I have to say, it's probably the most exciting game I've ever played in a football game against the CPU! It was fantastic. Crowd and atmosphere was great. Defoe got a goal, we were under pressure under the entire second half, but rode it off, and won 1-0. I was literally on the edge of my seat screaming for a penalty at some point during the game, and when Van Persie came one on one in injury time, I swear I got the "nooooo, not again"-feeling in my entire body.

Played one more game, away to Chesterfield in the League Cup, started with lots of reserves, and eased through with 3-0, got lots of chances at the end, and should have won by at least 6 goals.

Anyways, has been great so far. Each game is different and has more or less it's own atmosphere (so far into the game). My only gripe so far has been the CPU goalies, which tend to be too much spiderman-ish, they're everywhere! Far to often they will do some phantom save when you're one on one. Also, stadiums are kinda shit, as they have been for some time, the stands are way too far from the pitch and such.

Apart from that, it's smooth! You can really feel whether you are controlling Crouch or Modric. You really have to build your game up and come up with something creative to score, I'm having huge difficulties scoring, partly do to lots of shit finishing.

Anyways, it's good - go and get it, and remember to put game speed to SLOW! :)

The response times online are killing this game.

Its awful.

Is it just me,or is the shooting rubbish compared to the demo ?

Fifa 09 online is soooo much better,imo.

If Nokami sort out online this year, i may just be tempted back...I'm not enjoying this as much as I feel I should be, and I loved the demo.

Only played 1 game online vs Tim and I noticed that I only had 2 bars.

It wasnt that bad at all, but we did get kicked.

I dont think we can moan about online till the game goes live, even then it will take a few weeks to settle down.

Same happened for FIFA 09

As for Shooting being rubbish, try manual :)

YouTube - FIFA 10 - Be A Pro Seasons

Last edited:
Played 5 games online and it is perfectly fine, only trouble is finding a manual match and the buggers quiting!

Anyone here fancy a manual game, gamertag: FastmanBlack

I haven't found a manual game as well so far, but that's what I expected.
Maybe it get's better today when it's officially in stores, but I am afraid there are simply not enogh people searching with that option, so I have to rely on the friends list.

Anyone on PSN is welcom to add me.

is this true about VP online mode?

- You cant do any substitution before or during the match, there are just the basic 10 + your pro. For every human a CPU player goes away ofcourse.

- You can't switch any of the players' position. Like if you have a guy at LB, you cant put him CB

- All the players not controlled by humans are fake players, they dont resemble the real guys (I think)

- the fake players seem to change every match, one match I had small fast guys in the back, other match I had bigger guys

- It's harder to defend in FIFA10 lol

- If your VP is for example a CM and youre the any and somebody from your team chooses the CM position youre VP will be put in another spot on the pitch (you cant switch your VP's playing position which sucks lalala, so choose wisely when you choose your position).

- If youre ANY and nobody chooses your VP's spot he'll be put there

- Before the match just starts the screen will say Team name VS Team name , for example: Futebol Paraiso VS Fat Americans

- Game faces don't look like the ones generated on your PC at all lol, mine looked perfectly like bruce willis, now he just looks like the average joe on my PS3.

- Servers are already lalalalaed up, my teammate's internet went down and we didn't get result (Loss). Same goes for 1V1, I got a loss when some dude quit at 90th minute when I was 5-1 up. Prepare yourself for some RAAAGEEEE

- Remember when some EA guy said the CPU controlled guys would be rated 70? Well he lied, they low 60s. One of my defenders was rated freaking 56... I dont know if he was out of position because... I COULDNT SWITCH HIM TO ANOTHER PLACE...

This keeps happening to me. :(

PLAYER DANCES AROUND BALL

Last year we got the crab walk dance move now the dance around the handbag style move. Looks like someone at EA Fifa is desperate to make a dance game.

That's pretty much killed most of my interest in Virtual Pro online. There's no fecking way I'm going to bore myself to death playing in defence offline just to be able to play defence online. I usually play in an AMF role offline but there's no way I'd be allowed to play that online as there are too many other people who hog the up front positions over and over.

so does this assistant picking the team for the league cup work correctly? does he use squad rotation?

Whats up with the download game face feature? It doesnt work. I created my game face on eafootball world and saved it. When i go to the starting menu i see my gameface downright on the screen. When i go to download gameface, it says:
There is no update on game face.please go to easports blah blah. Whats going on?

I want my face to my virtual pro player!!! Any help?

Well cancelled my pre-order with shopto and drove to blockbusters last night after work and the young girl behind the counter let me have a copy there and then.

First impressions is fantastic stuff! Far better than the demo and everything feels as it should, and hopefully after a couple of patches to iron out a few issues we should have a game that'll last all year.

Had a penalty shootout glitch lastnight where it was 9 pens each and then no other player came to take one, So I had to quit out of the game.

And I wish they could have at least given you the option to change real players faces.

It's in the create a player screen so why not for real players?

Anyway minor issues for what is in my opinion the best footie game i've played to date.

Whats up with the download game face feature? It doesnt work. I created my game face on eafootball world and saved it. When i go to the starting menu i see my gameface downright on the screen. When i go to download gameface, it says:
There is no update on game face.please go to easports blah blah. Whats going on?

I think they have had some problems with gameface, it will probably work soon again. I have the same problem now.

Also Chris I got that weird thing too now when the player dance around the ball. I pressed the high pass button bit before I got to the ball and when he reached it he started to just step around it for a while. Seems like with the new 360 movement they can really mistime how they come to the ball. Sometimes when you want to shoot the player leave the ball behind and have to stop and wait so the ball rolls up in front of the feet again and then shoot.

Is the EASW account linked to your GT/PSN?

I had that last night. I also couldnt save a new one to force it to download. The EA servers then went down and came back up and I was able to do it.

in the end it looked naff, so I need to do it again :)

Well cancelled my pre-order with shopto and drove to blockbusters last night after work and the young girl behind the counter let me have a copy there and then.

First impressions is fantastic stuff! Far better than the demo and everything feels as it should, and hopefully after a couple of patches to iron out a few issues we should have a game that'll last all year.

Had a penalty shootout glitch lastnight where it was 9 pens each and then no other player came to take one, So I had to quit out of the game.

And I wish they could have at least given you the option to change real players faces.

It's in the create a player screen so why not for real players?

Anyway minor issues for what is in my opinion the best footie game i've played to date.

The penalty bug has been sorted with the patch, which should be released today :COOL:

As for the editing, I hope Fifa 11 has a more extensive editing tool.

Back
Top Bottom