FIFA 10

Are you holding any other button (LT?) or just tapping the left stick ever so slightly? The ball normally flies away from me when i do it. Nice dribble.

Might have held down close control on the first one (might also have released it just before the tackle, don't remember), the second one is just a flick with the right stick. The right stick is contextual now so when you time it like in the video you will get that type of result where the player almost jumps away from the situation with high speed.

The reason you couldn't do this in FIFA 09 is because you don't have as many touches on the ball as you have in FIFA 10. You obviously can do the first one, but only if you are lucky enough that he will actually make the touch. In FIFA 10 is not down to luck, it is skill based mostly and then up to the players attributes.

Literally just had the e-mail through saying they've sent it. Happy days. Now i just gotta check they've charged me correctly.

Just got an email confirming they have charged me.

Bit confused though

Total Amount of your Order: 34.85
ShopTo Account Balance: 9.13
Credit Card Charge: 25.72

I was messing about last night with Manual controls on world class and managed to score a screaming fluke. I took a shot, it hit the defender who jumped with his back to me to block the shot. The ball went up into the air, over the player who just took a shot and Lampard came jogging into the screen behind him - I tapped shot as the ball came down and he volleyed it like a rocket and it dipped over the keeper who was slightly off his line clipped the underside of the bar and went in.

I was leaping about and then calmed down and started to upload it. 0%... 40%... 88%... 99%.... 100%.... 'Upload Failed' 'You have been disconnected from the EA Servers' 'ah fuck off'

So I lost all record of my wonder goal and worse is knowing that if I ever manage to score another goal like that the exact same error can and will happen.

Fecking arse holes.
why the hell won't they allow saving replays on the hd?
i mean this uploading thing is totally crap. not only the quality sucks but slots are limited, too.
when i first played fifa09 (first fifa that i bought, ever) i was really surprised and kind of shocked when i realized that you couldn't save replays. such a simple but powerful feature, yet it lacked.

fifa10 is just amazing, best football game ever (and i've been playing footies since goal! on the NES) but not having the possibility to save replays really pisses me off big time.

i remember when playing old iss and pes games, half the fun was laying back from time to time and watching all the wonderful goals i had scored.

has anyone addressed EA this issue? have they ever said anything about it?

i mean this uploading thing is totally crap. not only the quality sucks but slots are limited, too.
when i first played fifa09 (first fifa that i bought, ever) i was really surprised and kind of shocked when i realized that you couldn't save replays. such a simple but powerful feature, yet it lacked.

fifa10 is just amazing, best football game ever (and i've been playing footies since goal! on the NES) but not having the possibility to save replays really pisses me off big time.

i remember when playing old iss and pes games, half the fun was laying back from time to time and watching all the wonderful goals i had scored.

Its very bizarre. Not sure why the Fifa team seem to be so against letting u save replays to the Hard drive. Other EA games have the option.

Rutter have more or less promised that it will be in FIFA 11. He said he knows how important this is to a lot of people (lot of moaning on official boards) and that this is something they will look into for FIFA 11. So if they don't implement it now he is looking for enemies.

Rutter have more or less promised that it will be in FIFA 11. He said he knows how important this is to a lot of people (lot of moaning on official boards) and that this is something they will look into for FIFA 11. So if they don't implement it now he is looking for enemies.

Should have been in 10, like a lot of things. People have been moaning at EA about that for ever...

£35 from Blockies Nick. Dunno if you get the free football from them as well!

That PSM3 comparison is funny. FIFA goes from 83 to 90 but is less improved than 'their beloved' PES which goes from 88 to 89. If their scores were so far off that PES should have scored 81 or less last year then maybe they should ditch the percentage rating system (as should absolutely all mags) and go for something that leaves more room for error.

That PSM3 comparison is funny. FIFA goes from 83 to 90 but is less improved than 'their beloved' PES which goes from 88 to 89. If their scores were so far off that PES should have scored 81 or less last year then maybe they should ditch the percentage rating system (as should absolutely all mags) and go for something that leaves more room for error.

:TU: Nice to know, cheers...

Just got an email confirming they have charged me.

Bit confused though

Total Amount of your Order: 34.85
ShopTo Account Balance: 9.13
Credit Card Charge: 25.72

Something very strange is going on, i think something on their system is messing up. My account balance shows the exact same thing, but it should do, because i had £43.98 in my account. It says i have two orders processing, both Fifa 10, but one is at the price of £43.98 and the other is the correct price for Fifa. This account system is rubbish, and is messing things up.

The fact that Fifa scored 81 last year and PES 09 scored 88 says it all. PES09 should of been lucky to score 80. They put themselves in a hole scoring it 88 as now they have PES10 which they say is a lot better but they can only score it 1 more point higher which doesn’t really make any sense.

The fact that Fifa scored 81 last year and PES 09 scored 88 says it all. PES09 should of been lucky to score 80. They put themselves in a hole scoring it 88 as now they have PES10 which they say is a lot better but they can only score it 1 more point higher which doesn’t really make any sense.

I think it's worth noting that PS3M are obviously biased towards PES (as proved over the last few years from their own opinions and comments), so for them to rate Fifa at 90% and PES at 89%, EA must be doing something right. I think even if they'd rated Fifa at 96%, they'd still put PES very close at 95%, just to show the competitiveness of the games, now.

From that review alone and considering their feelings towards PES, I'd say that Fifa has won this battle quite comprehensively.

That's not to say PES won't be a good game, because it no doubt will. If they could mix the best qualities of both games, we'd have one hell of a football game.

For those who have the game can you comment on whether or not there are differences in the net compared to the demo? After watching the Champions League last night I realised just how big a part the nets are in witnessing a goal. The ball just settles in and moulds a shape around the net, similar to that seen in PES 2010 this year. FIFA's however though seems like it's made of steel

:LOL:

All nets are different anyway in real life, some dont move some dont

people with net fetishes just like the ones that ripple thats all, while we who dont mind are satisfied with the ones that dont

:LOL:

All nets are different anyway in real life, some dont move some dont

people with net fetishes just like the ones that ripple thats all, while we who dont mind are satisfied with the ones that dont

Exactly, I've seen plenty of real life goals where the ball comes straight out again from "nets of steel".

Yes there are. You even get the pleasure of playing on a snow covered pitch with a white ball, it's hard to comprehend how nobody at EA thought "hang on a minute, the pitch is white, the ball is white, could that be a problem?"........

For those who have the game can you comment on whether or not there are differences in the net compared to the demo? After watching the Champions League last night I realised just how big a part the nets are in witnessing a goal. The ball just settles in and moulds a shape around the net, similar to that seen in PES 2010 this year. FIFA's however though seems like it's made of steel

I love Football Kingdom's nets but this really isnt a major concern for me. There are other things which come ahead of nets.

Yes there are. You even get the pleasure of playing on a snow covered pitch with a white ball, it's hard to comprehend how nobody at EA thought "hang on a minute, the pitch is white, the ball is white, could that be a problem?"........

So that clip was real?! Better not be for top league matches.........

Back
Top Bottom