FIFA 10

I love that you have such control over the ball in FIFA 10. Reminds me of WE9LE where you can do quick ball movement/turns to avoid tackles.

Just recorded this video from FIFA 10:
YouTube - FIFA 10 dribble

I can quickly tap the ball to the side with left stick when he comes sliding in on me, and then when the other guy attack with a standing tackle I can use right stick to quickly change direction. I love it, you have so much control now.

And then with Skilled Dribble (that my virtual pro can't do yet) it opens up even more control of quick ball movements. You couldn't do anything like this in 09.

do that in 09 all the time. Obviously not as easy because of the 8 directions.

Has anyone played online yet? If so, how did it feel? How was the responsiveness?

How was the.. abusive tactics?

Shopto posted mine at 9pm tonight. Odds on it getting here for Thursday?

If the royal mail wasn't having a fit, I'd say 99.85% :)

Some of you already have the game then I see! Lucky f***kers! :D

Anyone been playing BAP mode?! Is there anything at all different about it? I'm not talking big changes because I think it was already confirmed that wouldn't be the case. But little things here and there like your team now actually BUYING other players (strengthening its squad), manager rotating more, you not always starting.. or coming on as a sub (how cool would that be! lol being introduced in 70th minute as backup striker with your team losing 1-0! :p now that's too much probably)

Very nice indeed!

I find that manual goals tend to be more likely to fly into the top corner than the bottom corner because I always charge the shot right up. I think a lot of that is cos I want to use that extra split second to make sure I'm aiming accurately, as well as wanting to try and make sure it beats the keeper. Using assisted or semi I tend to tap shoot, rather than charge it up so much.

Shopto posted mine at 9pm tonight. Odds on it getting here for Thursday?

That really means they are posting today dude..

I was messing about last night with Manual controls on world class and managed to score a screaming fluke. I took a shot, it hit the defender who jumped with his back to me to block the shot. The ball went up into the air, over the player who just took a shot and Lampard came jogging into the screen behind him - I tapped shot as the ball came down and he volleyed it like a rocket and it dipped over the keeper who was slightly off his line clipped the underside of the bar and went in.

I was leaping about and then calmed down and started to upload it. 0%... 40%... 88%... 99%.... 100%.... 'Upload Failed' 'You have been disconnected from the EA Servers' 'ah fuck off'

So I lost all record of my wonder goal and worse is knowing that if I ever manage to score another goal like that the exact same error can and will happen.

Fecking arse holes.

got my PS3 copy yesterday (Saturn electronic market) All (even new) games are on a 20% discount until today. :D

I didn't expect a huge step from the demo. But I was wrong:
- speed has been slowed down. No need to swtich to slow anymore.
- ball physics have improved, too. Shooting is so much fun (I can't believe I'm saying this about EA's FIFA...)
- AI doesn't exploit the chip ball anymore
- referree seems to be less strict
- center backs are coming up on corners (has been in the demo already)
- rain visuals and physics are superb.

I've played some matches with Cologne vs. different smaller Bundesliga sites. All my players "feel" like they are supposed to (different!). I'm really having the feeling controlling Cologne and not a generic team.

Unfortunately the kits (colors, numbers,..) and faces (too much generics - I'd expect at least all international players of big teams to have well modelled faces) don't match the high standards.

Lucky buggers - those of you who have it early - so is it the mail order companies? Anyone broken the date on the street yet?

Anyone else noticed one of the Ref animations when he gives a player a card looks a lot like this guy

I don't ref like that ;)

Funny clip, for those that don't know it's a homage to a real Brazilian league referee I believe who was very famous as being openly gay and very flamboyant, used to skip back to the centre circle when anyone scored, was very popular in Brazil but sadly died of Aids :(

Also seems there's a mystery of Michael Jackson'esque proportions about him http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorge_José_Emiliano_dos_Santos

Heading into G Force in Glasgow shortly to see if they have it out yet.

I was in on Monday and the "happy go lucky" bearded bloke said it would be in some time after 1pm today.

Pity I am working from home as my car is in the garage :(

Let us know if you get it please and I will pick it up tomorrow.

I was messing about last night with Manual controls on world class and managed to score a screaming fluke. I took a shot, it hit the defender who jumped with his back to me to block the shot. The ball went up into the air, over the player who just took a shot and Lampard came jogging into the screen behind him - I tapped shot as the ball came down and he volleyed it like a rocket and it dipped over the keeper who was slightly off his line clipped the underside of the bar and went in.

I was leaping about and then calmed down and started to upload it. 0%... 40%... 88%... 99%.... 100%.... 'Upload Failed' 'You have been disconnected from the EA Servers' 'ah fuck off'

So I lost all record of my wonder goal and worse is knowing that if I ever manage to score another goal like that the exact same error can and will happen.

Fecking arse holes.

Are the servers for uploading in full game even up yet mate?

I love that you have such control over the ball in FIFA 10. Reminds me of WE9LE where you can do quick ball movement/turns to avoid tackles.

Just recorded this video from FIFA 10:
YouTube - FIFA 10 dribble

I can quickly tap the ball to the side with left stick when he comes sliding in on me, and then when the other guy attack with a standing tackle I can use right stick to quickly change direction. I love it, you have so much control now.

And then with Skilled Dribble (that my virtual pro can't do yet) it opens up even more control of quick ball movements. You couldn't do anything like this in 09.

Are you holding any other button (LT?) or just tapping the left stick ever so slightly? The ball normally flies away from me when i do it. Nice dribble.

Jimmy G-Force has the PS3M magazine with both reviews :

I have just bought it.

PES 2010 - 89%

FIFA 10 - 90%

They say in single player the ML of PES 10 shades the MM of FIFA 10.

Also they say PES 2010 has made the biggest improvements over the two games, but state they felt FIFA 10 was ahead after last year, therefore didnt need make as big of an improvement.

They say PES 2010 graphics and player models far surpass FIFA 10's zombie-esque renditions.

They also say that they scored PES 2009 way to high last year, and got stung by the pityful online play. They feel FIFA have improved their player individuality. ( It's still for me light years away from PES 2010 though IMO )

They say the ML is brilliant and where they will spend most of their time, but they said they will considering 'cheating' on their beloved PES 10 as FIFA is very good this year.

They say that PES 2010 is bug free, no more glitches, cheap cutback goals etc, no more freezing.

They also say that people that got dis-illusioned with PES 2009 and it's arcade nature will feel a real return to form with it's latest simulation based offering.

They say it's all down to preferred tastes and even the most loyal PES fans may give Fifa a go this year. And likewise, the Fifa men in the PSM3 office who have looked upon Konami's recent offerings with disdain have been curiously checking PES 2010 out.

I certainly wont be buying FIFA 10, but it certainly looks like an excellent improvement over last year. It's just not my cup of tea. Especially after playing the WE 10 demo last night with my best mate and old school PES fan for a solid 7 hours straight last night. Man this game is so bloody addictive.

Another solid score for Fifa.

Oooh my Fifa was sent today by Spelbutiken, I actually ordered the UK version from the Swedish store, was 100Sek cheaper and in theory should avoid the kit censorship issues (although reports are that numerous kits are being censored for no reason anyways Charlton/Derby/Portsmouth/ etc. etc.)

Are the servers for uploading in full game even up yet mate?

Yup, they've been live since the demo was released and people from here who got the full game a few days ago have uploaded replays, though not a very clever thing to do if EA are on the look out for people with dodgy copies. You're going to stand out like a sore thumb if you upload Man United vs Sunderland replays last week.

I was playing the demo myself when I had the error, but the exact same problem will still be in the full game as it was last year.

Oooh my Fifa was sent today by Spelbutiken, I actually ordered the UK version from the Swedish store, was 100Sek cheaper and in theory should avoid the kit censorship issues (although reports are that numerous kits are being censored for no reason anyways Charlton/Derby/Portsmouth/ etc. etc.)

WTF! They just knocked another 100Sek (£9) off the UK 360 version:

spelbutiken.jpg

So that's 699Sek (£62) for the Nordic version and 498Sek (£44) for the UK version, only difference seems to be the manual is only in English for the UK version, considering all Swedes speak perfect English I'm guessing the UK version will sell way more ;)

Back
Top Bottom