FIFA 10

tbf i thought i was unrealistic as well, just the range, the power and seeing its outside of the foot all contribute to it. As well as the keepers late dive

If it was straight and flew like a rocket i would have liked it :)

hey guys it's true sainsbury's asda and tesco normally sell fifa for 29.99
i bought mine at that price from tesco last year the offer only lasts for a week max

Yeah but it was with the weak foot, the player didn't go for a hard shot he just put his foot against it (get some power because it comes to him with a hard pass). It's more of a half lob kind of shot, just steering it towards goal. Reason keeper take a late dive is because he moves to the wrong direction in the beginning putting him on wrong foot. Also since it is half lob kind of shot it is to high for him to get without backing in towards goal.

Not arguing about if it is unrealistic or not, just saying, it would be impossible to shoot a hard shot when just using the foot to guide the ball towards the net.

Its a nice goal but its scored with the weaker foot and that takes some of the gloss off.

Yeah maybe I'm not just seeing what you guys are seeing. To me that is exactly what you would do in that situation when you get it on the weak foot. You would not hit it hard, you would try to guide it and you have to use the outside of the boot to be able to meet the ball because it is passed from the right. If he would have used a normal shot with his weak foot it would be impossible to hit the target.

It's just like in table tennis when you are far away from the table and someone smash the ball against you. You answer with a guided (sorry if I keep using the wrong word) ball with curl because you have a better chance of knowing how the ball will travel if it curls.

So we just see the complete opposite in this video :)

Apparently for some it doesn't really matter to see players dribbling and shooting equally on both foot but for me it really kills the game.
I think that aspect need to be assessed for the next game

Just cos it's a weaker foot doesn't mean that he is weak on that foot. Just not as good as his stronger foot. Most professional footballers can use both feet anyway.

...and the fact he hits the ball with a bent knee and still generates all that power.
What power? It was fairly weighty but it was hardly a rocket (it's about 40 mph I make it); just looked like a good connection and a great trajectory. He was hitting across a moving ball and got sufficient lift to beat the keeper.

And they're flying in.
photo2kq.jpg

Got mine today from gamestore. They didn't even wanted to give me the receipt. Guess why? :D Good luck getting 'em guys.

Apparently for some it doesn't really matter to see players dribbling and shooting equally on both foot but for me it really kills the game.

Probably because, at least with shooting.. they DON'T equally on both feet?

Shopto aren't serious, just got an email receipt that my copy has been shipped but my account has been disabled on their site for three weeks now.

They can't do that can they?!

Manual shooting certainly isn't equal on both feet. I've hit some utterly horrible first time shots recently with good technical players. One volley looped off and landed well behind the goal, the other limped feebly along the ground and off for a goal kick.

What power? It was fairly weighty but it was hardly a rocket (it's about 40 mph I make it); just looked like a good connection and a great trajectory. He was hitting across a moving ball and got sufficient lift to beat the keeper.

OK, but you try kicking a ball any distance with a bent knee, whether hitting across the ball or not... ;)

OK, but you try kicking a ball any distance with a bent knee, whether hitting across the ball or not... ;)

I've watched this an absurd number of times now. I just don't see the striking leg being especially bent. It looks bent in the way you might if you were trying to avoid a full follow through to limit the power of the outside of the foot shot.

Does anyone else see the left leg being abnormally bent in this vid? It could well just be cos it's zoomed out, blurry and at normal speed.

Shopto aren't serious, just got an email receipt that my copy has been shipped but my account has been disabled on their site for three weeks now.

They can't do that can they?!

Sounds like what happened with Placebo cancelling his Batman order and they still charged him for it.

I'm struggling to see the difference between shooting on the stronger and weaker foot as I'm hitting some rockets no matter which one I use and all on manual shooting

im using assited and im seeing a lot of diference, accurancy and power wise.
Maybe ure using too good players? players that have high weak foot atribute...

Oh trust me I feel a stab in my heart when I see it. It's such an important facet to the game. Whenever I play PES I always look at what foot and which side he is accustomed to.
In fifa it means nothing so you can play a winger on either side equally, which is a flaw.

Anyone in Glasgow? Another forum says G-Force will be selling it late tomorrow afternoon.

I got Fifa 09 from G-Force last year on the Wednesday before release but from memory they were selling it at £49.99.

Most of the supermarkets had it for £20 less at release so i think i'll just wait and pick it up on Friday this year. The demo will tide me over until then.

Whenever I play PES I always look at what foot and which side he is accustomed to.
In fifa it means nothing so you can play a winger on either side equally, which is a flaw.

Can you? I'm pretty sure the accuracy goes down quite a lot when kicking with a low rated weak foot. Seems more apparent in the demo from 09 to me aswell. Although if you play with the top end players they are probably too good on their weak foot aswell. Hmmmm......great addition to the discussion that was. :D

Any ps3 fans looking to join a BAP Club? if so PM me and let me know. i got a few people from here already members such has mjsmith and tobi.

Back
Top Bottom