FIFA 10

This is worse, actually. I prefer this game overall, but FIFA 10's online will be FAR worse than FIFA 09's.

You don't have to do ANYTHING but shoot here. The halfway line goal was harder to do than this - and could only happen in those certain situations (kick off).

This.. this looks absolutely disgusting. This game will be absolutely ruined until they fix it, and they will REALLY have to fix it.

Manual filters better be popular because I won't be able to bear playing against this. I will break the disc over my knee.

That's got to be hard! surely you you can only break long things over your knee, like a broom or something? to get enough grip while holding it and enough pressure on the knee. Maybe you have really skinny knees though, that might work.

I would suggest just trying to break it with your hands and forget the knee, it will be easier ( just use a bending motion). But wear goggles, as the cd might break into little bits and go into your eyes.

I don't know why EA let the maxed out finesse shot stay on target. Anything at full power should be scuffed or balloon away. Keepers should stay further back but still be beatable from range; it should require a lot of luck as well as skill though.

Last edited:
That's got to be hard! surely you you can only break long things over your knee, like a broom or something? to get enough grip while holding it and enough pressure on the knee. Maybe you have really skinny knees though, that might work.

I would suggest just trying to break it with your hands and forget the knee, it will be easier ( just use a bending motion). But wear goggles, as the cd might break into little bits and go into your eyes.

Good looking out Bobby, you seem quite fixated on the shape of the FIFA DVD.

Well the long rangers won't make much difference to me, as I play offline more than on, and I certainly won't be 'cheating myself' in order to score them. Does look like a major flaw, though.

to me this is noting to do with gk positionning its WHY those shot have to always be on target.. is the question, hen yall saying FIFA goals are not scripted??? plus is those all manuel or assisted?, the problem with fifa is the accuracy of shots is to affective, ive watched a complete game from a german website from fifasoccerblog and its ended 4-1 with 3 unmarked headers that seemed so scripted and fifa like... plus tons and tons of bully in front of box when player vs player keep standin tackle the ball away from one team to another, wich seemed so unreal and dul to be honest...it got me wondering really. maybe this is the best football game but theres WAY to improve already..

I'll attach a ruler to it first, then break the ruler down the middle. It must be over my knee.

As for my eyes... with FIFA 10 like this... who needs yes?

In reply to the above post:

They are almost certainly on assisted. They definitely aren't on manual. That isn't scripting though (I know people have no idea what scripted means....)

it's just bad positioning, combined with the assists which are stupid, combined with the total incompetence of the goalkeepers at plucking shots from a certain height. This is EA's way. They just can't stop it. They seem totally incapable of stopping GIGANTIC exploits.

Last edited:
Very good, mate.

Is it me, or does that look more like Cruyff than Modric? Mind you, having said that...

modriccruyff6.jpg

25042008_luka-modric.jpg

JCruyff.jpg

It must be that #14 shirt :COOL:

Luka is Cryuffs uglier reincanation :lol

:WORSHIP: luka :WORSHIP:

I'm happy with that face they did for luka. It's not that far off actually.

That Cruyff/Modric thing is spooky.

On the topic of FIFA10, so we've got a fast-paced game with lightweight players who ice-skate all over the pitch, and you can score almost at will from any yardage. Have EA turned back the clock here? FIFA2003 anyone?

I adored FIFA08 and loved FIFA09, but I've been nursing dark doubts about FIFA10 for a while. The demo kind of suggested to me that EA were heading up the road they'd gone partway down with FIFA09. The reasons why I loved the first two next-gen efforts were for their heavy simulation qualities. At times the passing and movement was literally jaw-dropping. Of course I'll wait for the full FIFA10 game to actually form a judgement, but this uneasy feeling isn't going away.

From the games i've played, its slower then the demo, when i 1st started playing i though it was fast paced and end to end, but its not at all, its really up to the user, i've been striding around in midfield at walking pace. The computer isnt pressing me high up the pitch either.

I've played various teams now and while there can be end to end passages of play, its not unrealistic at all in that respect, i find it quite good in the pace department.

Just played espanyol it went into extra time, i was putting them under pressure constantly..every time they got the ball they punted it away desperately and i was just collecting it with King and recylcing, very lifelike passage of play

This gameplay video bothers me. I feel like I'm about to hurl from the ping-pongyness. There's no sense of rhythm, the player just passes up to the forward every single time and he's getting dispossessed almost every time he tries to pass the last defender.

http://www.insidegamer.nl/xbox360/fifa10/videos/12090

It can be hard to remember, but there is a huge difference when playing Germany on Fast with Assisted, and Germany on slow with manual.

I had the pleasure of playing some this weekend, and it is a blissful game. Also, playing with lower teams is also awesome.

However, some of the passes when playing assisted, or manual for that matter, are ridiculous. You can pass in the direction of a players back, and he both manages to perfectly aim the pass where you were aiming, and also manages to put as much power into the pass as a normal player can when in full control and passing forward, all while contorting his body to swivel 180 degrees. It's just so OBVIOUS it needs changing for realisms sake, it seems whoever worked on that aspect doesn't have an eye for it.

From the games i've played, its slower then the demo, when i 1st started playing i though it was fast paced and end to end, but its not at all, its really up to the user, i've been striding around in midfield at walking pace. The computer isnt pressing me high up the pitch either.

I've played various teams now and while there can be end to end passages of play, its not unrealistic at all in that respect, i find it quite good in the pace department.

Just played espanyol it went into extra time, i was putting them under pressure constantly..every time they got the ball they punted it away desperately and i was just collecting it with King and recylcing, very lifelike passage of play

thanks for the posts man. there a lot of negative nancys around about the launch of any game so it's actually refreshing to see posts pointing out the good parts and not just doom and gloom.

Ofcourse i'd like the GK's fixed (and have no doubt in my mind that EA will address it in a patch) but if the rest of the game beats the demo (which it looks to be doing) then i'll be happy.

btw, i doubt it, but did they do Pav's face?

yeah i think pavlovas face is done as well.

Im genuinely enjoying it, each games different i've controlled games and then not been able to get out of my half.

Rain effects look great, as i said b4 no random option but i can just about live without it.
Players feel different to each other played with Bassong at the back and he's lightning compared to Woodgate.

Commentarys pretty similar but new lines are starting to come through the more i play it.

I've had defenders making some wicked challenges and throwing themselves in front of shots repeatedly, Gomes has been solid as well, hasnt been lobbed at all and made some good saves.

Im happy.

I'm not happy as I don't have the game yet. Rang plenty of stores here in Belgium and always the same line. "We have the game in store but are not allowed to sell it till the 2nd of october... :(

I'll give it until 23:59 on 2nd October. Then, if no patches are forthcoming, I'll defecate in EA's kitbag for the long shot exploit, and do so every day until they fix it.

That said, I'll be on manual shooting so I won't be able to exploit it, and getting your aim right is pretty tricky on semi, so it should mainly be a plague upon those who don't filter. Still stupid though.

I'm not happy as I don't have the game yet. Rang plenty of stores here in Belgium and always the same line. "We have the game in store but are not allowed to sell it till the 2nd of october... :(

Als je echt niet kunt wachten;

Consoleshop te Antwerpen verkoopt het spel morgen vanaf 11 uur! Wel wat duurder, 64 euro...

Ik heb het spel al klaar laten leggen in Eindhoven. Ik kreeg zojuist een mail dat ik het vanaf 11 uur mag komen ophalen! :D

Last edited:
Als je echt niet kunt wachten;

Consoleshop te Antwerpen verkoopt het spel morgen vanaf 11 uur! Wel wat duurder, 64 euro...

Ik heb het spel al klaar laten leggen in Eindhoven. Ik kreeg zojuist een mail dat ik het vanaf 11 uur mag komen ophalen! :D

Schitterend man! Thx for the advice, tomorrow to Antwerp it is! :D

That long range goal with the keeper miles off his line is disgraceful... we'll really see how honest EA were when they said they'd remove exploits in patches, because that is definitely a potential exploit!

Back
Top Bottom