FIFA 10

OPM, you already played the Managermode? I would like to know, when it's time for transfers if you have a real break, so that there aren't matches for weeks?
In FIFA 09 it pissed me off that when you want to buy a player you have to play the next game and after a complete season directly the next began.
Hope they fixed it.

edit: Okay, i see not only OPM has the game yet. Everybody who has it can answer my question. ;)

still the same - negotiate, play the game, see if you got the player.

Another worry for MM people will be the slow down in the menus

Because each thing you select on the left has a preview you have to wait for them to load before you can move elsewhere which is very annoying

Im at work now...gonna be home in 3 hours, if noone takes it i will...
what does he wanna see? kits?

He wants to see his team Calcio Padova in the Italian Serie B. I'm guessing it's the kits and maybe teamlist.

RE: the kits...

I understand how it isn't very important as gameplay but on PES down the years I always made my game a 98 % authentic in terms of kits, player attributes and team formations before I started any game modes. I just don't have the time nowadays but still get the OF from the sterling OF makers out there.

EA have exclusivity which stops others besides PES that might want to enter the market but can't as a result of the lack of authenticity and while many here think it's not that important it is vital in the mass market.

Last edited:
Time for my yearly posts...........
Just picked it up on the PS3
Who ever said Modric doesnt have his proper face was wrong, im looking at it now. 82 overall rating same as Keano(Keane your no Modric)
Lennon Acc 94 speed 94 theo Acc 94 speed 96

Phew, can you post a picture, cheers.

Keane should be a 70 overall, he has been shit for pretty much a year now bar Saturday.

Apparantly Royal Mail are starting another 2-day strike starting today as well.

Pre-orders for FIFA are a bit shaky for being delivered on Thursday I reckon.

Phew, can you post a picture, cheers.

Keane should be a 70 overall, he has been shit for pretty much a year now bar Saturday.

Lemme try find my usb lead.....if anyway don't belive me btw, check out this time last year

Our faces are a bit hit and miss..most of them are there, but they still aint got ledders right or tommy, bently or defoe. The King one is from last year which i though was a bit crap

Actually got Modders at LM and he's gone up to 84
Wilson, Hudd and Penas all 77
Lennon 78

can't do that as it is the first thing i see when i select a team...:D ;)

what is really pissing me off right now that if i get into a challenge with an opponent, tackle him or just run into him, we both stumble - the ai recovers within no time while my player keeps stumbleing AWAY from the ball and has no chance of getting to it.

that's fucking cheating to me.

OPM, this was my point in the demo, i posted in this very forum but was told I needed to tackle from the side:CONFUSE:

This is evident cheating and pretty shit when almost every tackle favours the CPU, I can't beleive it still has these obvious bugs in the 2010 game.

I also note you have said these tyope of problems are driving you away from the game, which has happened to me every year since 07......................please don't tell me it's exactly the same.

The so called "superb tweaks" have not it seems sorted out the underlying issues that has plagued every next gen game:CONFUSE:

Oh well I'll give it a bash when it arrives on Friday, but I fear a repeat of my past experiences.

Time for my yearly posts...........
Just picked it up on the PS3
Who ever said Modric doesnt have his proper face was wrong, im looking at it now. 82 overall rating same as Keano(Keane your no Modric)
Lennon Acc 94 speed 94 theo Acc 94 speed 96

I noticed your team is Spurs - does that mean by any chance you're based in London?

If so, would you mind PMing me where you managed top pick it up from?

My usual reliable sources don't seem to have it early this year. :(

CHeers

OPM, this was my point in the demo, i posted in this very forum but was told I needed to tackle from the side:CONFUSE:

This is evident cheating and pretty shit when almost every tackle favours the CPU, I can't beleive it still has these obvious bugs in the 2010 game.

I also note you have said these tyope of problems are driving you away from the game, which has happened to me every year since 07......................please don't tell me it's exactly the same.

The so called "superb tweaks" have not it seems sorted out the underlying issues that has plagued every next gen game:CONFUSE:

Oh well I'll give it a bash when it arrives on Friday, but I fear a repeat of my past experiences.

Oh no. If they've resorted to that bullsh*t again I'm going to be severely gutted. Such an obvious, PES-esque cheat and so bloody annoying. Am worreid now, after so much enthusiasm.

Set the pace to slow and is playing beautifully..got time at the back, nice eb and flow to the games. I set my PS3 to 720p and it looks much better now.
King Palacios and Hudd all look better in game as well.

Has anyone been able to pick up FIFA10 on the 360 already in London? Someone must have surely.....

Fernadez, that picture doesn't work as it's hosted on your machine. You need to upload it to a site and then link to it.

Out of interest, where did you buy your copy from?

If it's the same as the demo then I can't help but think you're both being very selective about you experience from stumble recovery. Only last night (again, on the demo) I had quite a few instances when somebody stumbled while the other recovered more quickly; I scored from one and started a counter from another. It's quite easy to feel aggrieved if your player comes out the worse of the two in such an incident, but if you benefit then you tend not to spend the next few minutes just waiting for the next time you win a 50/50 so you can magnify the intensity of your initial feelings.

Generally I think some rants here are legitimate such as the kits and the similarity between teams (basically the CPU is like a player who doesn't adapt his tactics, rather than a much more team specific series of possible AI personalities). Quite a few of then though, such as the AI winning too many challenges and headersbeing too hard, are things that I've felt with FIFAs in the past only for me to then become much more adept at the nuances of each mechanic and ultimately end up almost finding a bit too easy even on legendary. While aspects of the AI are pretty weak it is also extremely good at spotting gaps you leave in the defence/midfield and picking players out, in a way that PES's Ive played in the past just wouldn't. Consequently you can't just defend by sliding and blocking passing channels for as long as your player is on the ground - the player on the ball will simply take a touch to the side and pass around you, or pass over you.

Complaining that you can't dispossess the AI easily is a complete joke to me because you're not supposed to just win the ball every time you get near the opposition player. You're supposed to hassle and harry them into making a mistake whilst making sure you don't get carried away and leave someone clean through against your centre backs. It can take a while before you win the ball back but heyho, that's football for you. It's only annoying when you enter the last5 minutes and the AI becomes stupendously good (which is a nice idea to represent how I mightraisemy game in the lastminutes of a match but the step up is huge!).

I get tackled a lot but not nearly as much as I did in the first week when I was very gung ho about my dribbling. Dribbling is very much about knowing when to dribble as much as how to dribble. Now I'm quite versed in what I can get away with in certain situations and know how to hold onto the ball in much the same way the AI does (get your body in the way, take touches away from goal a la Paul Scholes rather than towards etc) and, while I'm not nearly the player I'll be in several months, I'm at least starting to show signs of the same ruthlessness as the AI.

I enjoyed offline in FIFA 09 because I took my time and learnt how to play the game. It's still very different to playing online but footy AI always is. The AI is a bit too organized and efficient compared to a far more creative but ramshackle human player but bemoan that, I tryand pick up as much of the AI's defensive nouse for my own game so that peoplecan't work holes in my defence as easily as I can into theirs.

Tl;dr - I'm bored at work and finding some of the issues people are finding very similar to the first couple of weeks of FIFA 09 and most of those vanished with practice for me.

My worry is whether FK's are as easy..

Last edited:
Oh no. If they've resorted to that bullsh*t again I'm going to be severely gutted. Such an obvious, PES-esque cheat and so bloody annoying. Am worreid now, after so much enthusiasm.

If you've played the demo I doubt you're going to notice it any more than there (unless you play on Leg).

Thanks for the picture, the Eurogamer reviewer must have been drunk.

Back
Top Bottom