FIFA 10

I don't think so mate, I was literally sitting there with my mouth wide open when WEtongelre said that on the kit in question they haven't just got the sponsorship logo in the wrong size, and the font colours wrong as well, but also they put the player names on the total wrong area of the kit. That's pretty disgraceful, let's be honest here.

I know a lot of researchers are spread across quite a few teams and that's the only explanation I can think of. Either way it's not fair to the supporters of those teams. Konami don't let the community help them, they go out and get pictures of everything themselves, which must be painstaking but they do an amazing job. There's no excuse, apart from saying that there's a lot more teams in FIFA - well hire a lot more people then!

It's the total picture. Even if the color is wrong, the whole kit is wrong imo. And I don't even talk about sizes and fonts!

from what i know and hear from professional clubs and the big companies (especially adidas, i've got a contact in the design team) they are handing out so much free stuff to god knows who, it would be absolutely no problem for them to reach an agreement with a company like ea to provide them with one of each kits for the following season as early as march or april of the then running season. final kit designs are (at least for big companies) finalized as early as 1 1/2 years before kit launch, and seeing all the non-disclosure agreements that surround the gaming industry and are used to "protect" video games it would be no problem to apply this to a exchange of information without any leak to the public at all.

another fact is that, at least in germany, the clubs have to hand in at least one picture of each piece of kit (socks, shorts, shirts and keeper shirts) they are going to wear the following season to the fa for approval at least a month before season starts. that would be early july most of the time. which would just fall into the time when ea are finalizing their graphics. why not request those pictures aswell?

I don't think so mate, I was literally sitting there with my mouth wide open when WEtongelre said that on the kit in question they haven't just got the sponsorship logo in the wrong size, and the font colours wrong as well, but also they put the player names on the total wrong area of the kit. That's pretty disgraceful, let's be honest here.

I know a lot of researchers are spread across quite a few teams and that's the only explanation I can think of. Either way it's not fair to the supporters of those teams. Konami don't let the community help them, they go out and get pictures of everything themselves, which must be painstaking but they do an amazing job. There's no excuse, apart from saying that there's a lot more teams in FIFA - well hire a lot more people then!

i'm glad most people agree here. it's something that allways bugged me and makes it hard for me to "fall in love" with a game.

Last edited:
This is how it should be:

B_de1b610afcee630a1ea7a0fc810076bb.jpg

From FIFA 10:

gala1.jpg

I was happy with a minor differences in size, font, color. But the differences are just toooooo big. In this case it's Galatasaray, but it's not acceptable for any other team either...

Last edited:
i know they can't get licenses for all the correct fonts and what not, but come on, at least get the color right ;)

i allways liked konami's approach of one "general", simple font in different colors that was the same for all teams that did not have licensed names and numbers. the game just looked "complete" in terms of graphical style...

oh and btw, for example the MLS kits ea produce are very, very good. accurate number AND name font, good looking kits, why not the same for all other, or at least, the premier league?

This is how it should be:

B_de1b610afcee630a1ea7a0fc810076bb.jpg

From FIFA 10:

gala1.jpg

I was happy with a minor differences in size, font, color. But the differences are just toooooo big. In this case it's Galatasaray, but it's not acceptable for any other team either...
Let's be honest. That's a disgrace. May as well be two different teams from two different countries.

The gameplay might be excellent so big-up to those guys, but the art guys (you can't even blame the researchers because there's plenty of English kits where it's obvious they've seen the kit - otherwise how would they know what to create - and they get the sponsors up across the nipples etc.)...

i know they can't get licenses for all the correct fonts and what not, but come on, at least get the color right ;)

i allways liked konami's approach of one "general", simple font in different colors that was the same for all teams that did not have licensed names and numbers. the game just looked "complete" in terms of graphical style...

oh and btw, for example the MLS kits ea produce are very, very good. accurate number AND name font, good looking kits, why not the same for all other, or at least, the premier league?

Right. I was not expecting the original font of Galatasaray. But this is just sooo far away of original. It's shocking...

Let's be honest. That's a disgrace. May as well be two different teams from two different countries.

The gameplay might be excellent so big-up to those guys, but the art guys (you can't even blame the researchers because there's plenty of English kits where it's obvious they've seen the kit - otherwise how would they know what to create - and they get the sponsors up across the nipples etc.)...

I expect you to be sending an email with a piece of your mind...;)

Tell them to hire me as their head researcher. :SMUG:

The inaccuracy of the kits is really bad. The thing is some leagues like the Premier League and League Un have standard fonts and numbers that all the teams use, and obviously the kit manufacturers have their own standard fonts that are used by many different teams, so is it really that much work to get it right? A small team of patchers can get it right so why can't EA?

Also, is it still the case that goalkeepers have generic kits in Fifa10?

Despite all the minor flaws this game may have with kits/appearences, I believe this is the core of the best football game in the history of videogames.

Mark my words.

Despite all the minor flaws this game may have with kits/appearences, I believe this is the core of the best football game in the history of videogames.

Mark my words.

Yeah I don't doubt it. They just need to make FIFA 11: The year of the Graphics and AI. and that would be perfect.

Once the game has been out for a few weeks we need to start hard, fast, and loud work on the forum with what EA should focus on. I'm not a massive authenticity guy AT ALL, but I absolutely respect why you guys want it. Next year, for me, should be all about:

1. Refinement
2. Adding in the little quirky things (goalkeeper control, quick throws et cetera)
3. Authenticity - every kit, every number, every font, as close as possible
4. Graphics

Gameplay is crucial, but, to be honest I think they have the elements now. There are no huge additions necessary. It's all ready to be stuck together.

Once the game has been out for a few weeks we need to start hard, fast, and loud work on the forum with what EA should focus on. I'm not a massive authenticity guy AT ALL, but I absolutely respect why you guys want it. Next year, for me, should be all about:

1. Refinement
2. Adding in the little quirky things (goalkeeper control, quick throws et cetera)
4. Graphics

Gameplay is crucial, but, to be honest I think they have the elements now. There are no huge additions necessary. It's all ready to be stuck together.
Yeah I think they have reached the point where only tweaking is necessary. That's why I think 11 has to direct the focus to Graphics, AI and bugs

EA taking PES and konami way by destroying what they have build :/ the A.I start cheating all the time you cant get the ball from the CPU team and they just touch my player and get the ball and every time i try to press on CPU player its a foul by 80% thats killing me :/ also when my player start to run with the ball the CPU player always catch my player

I'd hope that the wrong kits can be corrected in a patch, that Galatasaray kit is shocking.

I don't understand really. Can't they just send FSB the kits they're thinking of using, then FSB can run through them and check them out or something?

Poor job, EA :SHAKE:

1. Refinement
4. Graphics

No more loading screens I'd say too.Make everything happen ingame whether it's FKS, throw ins, penalties or corners

to those who already have the game can you guys take a look if agger,riera,lucas,skrtel faces is real or still like 09..

No more loading screens I'd say too.Make everything happen ingame whether it's FKS, throw ins, penalties or corners

I think you need the black screen refreshes. It allows teams to regroup as if there has been a longer wait without forcing us to have to sit through long periods of nothing while the ball is retrieved or the player walks up to take the corner. You need the teams to regroup at least slightly though, otherwise throw-ins would just become a ridiculous race up the pitch.

I think that as well as being the year of detail and AI, it should be the year of sound. Teams of different nations should not all have Premiership crowds that barely react to shots/saves/winning corners etc. Sound is completely undervalued in both football games and always has been.

1. Refinement
4. Graphics

For me crucial things to improve is

1. Cameras (more options, free custom camera in 1v1 and Online Team play)
2. AI (more managerial options for individual players ala football manager, like make runs, cover space, player mentality, specific plays like the new set-piece editor and others )
3. Take care of the graphics as much as possible (not that big priority)
4. Gameplay needs only little touches. Only quality improvement and not very risky changes. (maybe a little bigger pitch would be necessary, and stamina also must play a more important role more obvious like fight night round 4)

If they concentrate on those next year we will have a perfect game.

Last edited:
I'd hope that the wrong kits can be corrected in a patch, that Galatasaray kit is shocking.

I don't understand really. Can't they just send FSB the kits they're thinking of using, then FSB can run through them and check them out or something?

Poor job, EA

Yeah Dags, Chris has nothing to do anyway (besides freelancing as an Asian), let him check 1000+ kits. :D

The games needs a slower pace i think. Its too fast on normal...

I play on slow and fully manual. Normal and assisted=cheating for me!

The rest are perfect...

Last edited:
Priority for next year is AI and positional play! Here's my list:

1: AI
No more cheating as the only way to play by the cpu. No more defenders that are not aware of anything against CPU.
We need to have pauses in midfield sometimes, we need to have different styles of play for different teams (how come Chicago Fire and Barcelona play the same when CPU controls them?). There has to be a big load of managerial options to lets us override the eventual crappy AI positioning. We need tactical sliders to have a bigger impact in the game.
It's enough of 1 vs 1 clashes. No matter what happens, it seems everything in the game ends being a 1 vs 1 clash between two given players. I want to have 3 defenders jumping for the ball if necessary, 2 defenders trying to tackle the striker if near him, when crossing, all the players should try to win the ball. Now it's only a matter of 1 vs 1, so if you have a taller and better header you always win. It's shallow.

2: STATS IMPACT INTO GAMEPLAY
we need a HUGE impact of mental stats into players: I want bad defenders to be in the wrong position now and then, good tactical players to have a lot more awareness of what's happening in the field, I want a BIG difference in the way players can run with the ball perfectly controlled and the way they trap it.I want great defenders to anticipate most of the times to players. Stamina/Speed should be adjusted furthermore and should have a greater impact both in short and long term in the game.

3: OTHER ADJUSTMENTS
The have to reduce a little the impact of strength in the game, and have SKILL more important in all the actions: chicago shouldn't be allowed to pass perfectly. I play with them in the demo and the only difference between them and Barcelona is the speed and strength of the players. As the game is right now, strength is overdone. Enough of having a strong player running against any player to win the ball as if he's an rhino.

4: MANAGER MODE
All they need to do is put a lot of managerial options and make it online.

Mark my words.

I'll back that up following the media reviews and also the comments from messageaboards and football lovers.

Every single game has niggles and flaws. It's a tad disappointing that some of the more trivial ones which could easily be avoided (as mentioned in this thread - the shirts, fonts, numbering etc.) still made their way into the game, but I'm sure that doesn't detract from what Fifa10 has set out to be - the most realistic and fun football game of all time.

Back
Top Bottom