FIFA 10

Ok been playing FIFA 10 for a good few hours.

The game is miles slower. I played the demo on slow, so tried it on the game. It was a snails pace, bumped it to normal and it seemed perfect.

I'm still not happy with what camera to use for fully manual, I keep changing my mind.

The rain effects are fantastic. Not done snow yet.

Had some great moments already.

Started with Real and beat Santander in the rain. Ronaldo is fantastic at beating people at pace.

Then had to rescue my Bara team with Bojan, who got a last minute equalizer against some randoms.

I then went for Wolfsburg to see how Dzeko and Grafite are. Within moments they combined, I properly rounded the keeper with Dzeko and slotted home. Same again, this time Grafite in on the keeper and he slid it in.

My most recent match had my favourite goal. I was Atletico, and the ball over the top was being defended with the defender in front of an onrushing Raul Garcia. I managed to toe-end it as he was turning away (had to check the replay to see) as it broke in front of me, the keeper came out, and I sidefiited it right into the sidenetting of the goal with him totally rooted to the spot.

I had issues with the create a set-piece. Tried a few times from a corner, and it seems its glitched, he went to kick the ball, but missed the ball. And I keep trying and again he misses the ball. Odd

Any questions I'll be online later after the Mrs has the TV for X factor

Good stuff mate. Certainly refreshing not to hear slating of the AI.

I loved MM on Fifa09 so I'm really looking forward to this years.

Good stuff mate. Certainly refreshing not to hear slating of the AI.

I loved MM on Fifa09 so I'm really looking forward to this years.

Agreed. I enjoyed MM more than any other mode last year, even with the limitations. It's improved in many aspects, so I'll be happier :)

Finally got around to sorting my Gamerface:

7634_182842796040_574656040_4165200_2013255_n.jpg

Made some adjustments, mainly around the head shape

Last edited by a moderator:
Being in America, where is the best place to order Fifa from (in the UK) to get it the fastest and for a decent price... I don't want to have to wait til the 22nd! Any help would be most appreciated :)

Being in America, where is the best place to order Fifa from (in the UK) to get it the fastest and for a decent price... I don't want to have to wait til the 22nd! Any help would be most appreciated :)
You would need to find a site that ships internationally. I want to know what the best site for getting games early in America is. Since I got 360.

got the set piece creator working now.

Its good, Hardest part is working out what to call each tactic!!

The game feels so much more refined from the demo. Everything feels like its been tweaked and "tightened".

Its absolutely fantastic

Something which has been bugging me from the demo is just how "Open" the game is, Its pure end to end. Is this still the case?

One thing which also bugged me about the demo was the weight of players but I do hear theirs more weight now which is good news.

Something which has been bugging me from the demo is just how "Open" the game is, Its pure end to end. Is this still the case?

One thing which also bugged me about the demo was the weight of players but I do hear theirs more weight now which is good news.

It's end to end if you play with assisted controls.

Yea, I've got both ps3 and 360, I'd rather get it for 360 but ps3 doesn't have region codes...

I personally would suggest you wait since shipping from the UK would take a while. Shipping from China took me 2 weeks for a footy shirt. From the UK a minimum of 7 days I would bet.

Ugh... patience is a four letter word.

Big question I have for people that have the final version: how many of the issues Chris Davies raised in the FSB podcast have been fixed??

Having ordered my copy today from Play.com (rumors has it they are shipping early?) for PS3, living in Denmark... with shipping and all, when do you think I'll recieve the game?

ha ha well no...it was weird...the first half lasted sooooo long, literally the whole game length, I thought it was never going to end...then..."no winner after extra time, onto penaltys"...but then the 2nd half started after all! ha ha weird

Wow, something amazing (well I think it is)... Is this the first and only editing thing FIFA has ever beat PES on?

You can rename the stadium for every single team. Not just the individual stadium. So for example, I give Aston Villa Ivy Lane, and call it Villa Park - it's still called Ivy Lane for everyone else who uses it. So you can rename it something different for every team in the game that uses it (lots of editing on the way then)...

So every team in the game can have their real stadium name. I think that's pretty fucking amazing.

Only thing is the character limit only lets me put "City of Manchester S", shit.

Who's going to put together a list of stadia assignments and the real stadia names for all the teams in the game then? ;)

Last edited:
Wow, something amazing (well I think it is)... Is this the first and only editing thing FIFA has ever beat PES on?

Who's going to put together a list of stadia assignments and the real stadia names for all the teams in the game then? ;)
I thought we've known that for months now?
It is a good idea but it still doesn't change the fact that 90% of games will be played at the same stadium in any lower leagues, just with a different name on the pre-match options menu (the only place the stadium name is displayed I think).

I hope we can assign licensed stadia to teams and not just the generic ones... would be annoying if you couldn't give Benfica the Emirates for example as it's pretty much a carbon copy of their stadium.

I'm baffled at how people have this already? Not bothered as I have no time to play it this week anyway but.. 6 days early?
some places are selling it early and any people who have good links with people from EA have it also.

Go to your local GAME shop and im 100% certain they have LOTS of copies of fia 10 at the back of their store!

Heck play.com started shipping them yesterday!

Back
Top Bottom