FIFA 10

The pace is awesome, the graphics have improved a bit. The animations are sickening real and the weather effects are bloody brilliant!

Response times are top notch offline and the only real complaint i have with this game is the goal keeper AI is stupid. he doesnt go for the ball most of the time. i conceded a goal from a corner kick delivered inside my 6 yard box lmao and i nearly conceded another when a 50 50 ball between the goalie and an opposing striker favoured the striker because the dumb ass goalie DIDDNT rush out for the ball :(

Chipped/flashed 360s and the power of the internet, you do the math
nope wrong mate. most shops have the game at the back of their store now so if you know the manager they may allow you. also people who have close contact with EA or know someone from EA also gets a early copy. those people who run the fifa blog for example got some i heard.

Why do u think play.com started shipping the game out since yesterday? why is it "in stock" on their website?

nope wrong mate. most shops have the game at the back of their store now so if you know the manager they may allow you. also people who have close contact with EA or know someone from EA also gets a early copy. those people who run the fifa blog for example got some i heard.

Why do u think play.com started shipping the game out since yesterday? why is it "in stock" on their website?
He's not wrong.

I thought we've known that for months now?
I was under the impression it was PES style. So you've got e.g. 10 stadia, you rename each one, then you play the game. If the ground you've called e.g. Villa Park is the ground you assign to e.g. Everton then it comes up Villa Park.

I had no idea they were doing this "every team can have their own named stadium" thing, I must be the only one who didn't know... But anyway... :BLUSH:

It's only a little thing but it's an example of something you haven't been able to do before, and it's the little things that make all the difference IMO.

It is a good idea but it still doesn't change the fact that 90% of games will be played at the same stadium in any lower leagues,
You can change stadium assignments as well so if you can be bothered changing them all to random ones, and you don't mind a few of them being bigger than they should be (or looking a bit exotic), you can fix it. :)

I hope we can assign licensed stadia to teams and not just the generic ones...
Confirmed by EA on the EA forums a few times, you can't.

They are not shipping. See the Play.com thread in this very forum. It's a ruse to drum up some more sales.

Last edited:
Confirmed by EA on the EA forums a few times, you can't.
:(

Still nice to be able to be able to change stadiums to ones which seem more accurate, but disappointing that we can only do it with the generic ones... PES let us do it with all of them.

Must be a licensing issue I suppose, like the inability to mix and match with the shirts/shorts...

@Milanista - One incident and he gets banned, a bit harsh? Other people on the forums are complete tossers (especially in the PES section) and just annoy people, yet they are allowed to stay here...

Last edited by a moderator:
I know there are lots of things most of you probably want to be doing and that's your prerogative of course, but I'd love it if we could have some confirmation whether the super easy from anywhere finesse shot (with assist/semi shooting) is still in the main game.

after a long long 6hour session i got say this: EA has done it! so far this is the best football game ive ever played, u can finnaly score from anywhere, in anyway... thats the first time u can do that on fifa and to me thats the biggest improvment.

player diference is really noticeable too, u can defiunatly feel each player style, set the game to slow and ull definatly feel that since ull have more time on the ball.

me and my m8s are just shocked how good this game plays...

Everyone ordering online needs to remember these bloody postal strikes going on as well. I was supposed to get a delivery yesterday but, unsurprisingly, Royal Mail couldn't be arsed doing their job and getting me it.

I'm ordering from Game and paying for guaranteed next day delivery, not taking a chance on RM being lazy fuckers again and me having to wait until Saturday or something to get the game.

Played all day yesterday . Few things that I've noticed are :

1.the manual player switching has become a problem. So much that I can't lay off a free kick. Beacuase the cursor doesn't go on my player.

2. The penalty bug is still in, which is disgusting.

3. The England kit is terrible. Looks nothing like the real thing. Really funny considering David Rutter had it on in almost every interview.

4. Manager mode is a dream. Absolutely love it. Reminds me of good old master league. Games are different times of day and have assorted weather. Clubs approach for players. I travelled Europe in pre season friendlies. Really great.

5.My keeper was getting chipped way too much. I started using the double tap Y to make him stay on the line. Now this doesn't happen anymore.

6. You can play as the CPU team in tournaments against human selected teams. Which has been missing forever. Love this.

All in all the best football game. Besides the auto switching. I can't really Fault it.

some places are selling it early and any people who have good links with people from EA have it also.

Go to your local GAME shop and im 100% certain they have LOTS of copies of fia 10 at the back of their store!

Heck play.com started shipping them yesterday!

Are you that naive Jonney? If you have the game, then I'm sure you got it from the same 'source' as other people.

Its common knowledge it was released illegally Friday, so dont try and cover it up.

Play ship so early because their post takes 3-4 days to arrive, so they have to send it earlier to meet the same kind of deadlines as ShopTo/Game etc.

From people talking to game shops in Australia, it looks like we are getting it either tomorrow (monday) or tuesday.

General opinion seems to be that EA are being quite liberal with the stores this year and not giving an official date - they have told some of our stores that once stock arrives and has been processed, they can start selling as early as they wish.

Usually, our street date is only broken if it's broken in Europe first - so somewhere must be selling it for you guys, or maybe you will get it tomorrow/tuesday as well.

a lot more teams actually have keeper kits from what i've seen, but it is disappointing to see for example the burnley keeper kit has got the adidas international team font on it instead of the premier league one.

whhhhyyy. :(

also i doubt back sponsors are allowed in the pl, still all the burnley kits have got the back sponsor like in the championship.
again, why?

oh well...

Hey, OPM. Is it possible that you make some screens? Would be nice if you can make some of the Werderkits. Or could you at least tell me if the font is correct on these kits?

All the faces and the keeper kits of Turkey national team and Fenerbahce (Volkan Demirel with fck red kit!!!!) are still not sorted out!!!! Is it that difficult? I have to look in edit mode if it is possible to put in jpg files for player faces. This is kinda disappointing.
But the gameplay is good so far, the passing is superb.
I have seen a weird keeper bug though.

Last edited:
top division sides have all correct kits for the keepers, well kit...

anything else is same old story...that horrid red kit is in!!

epl at least. germany for example we've got missing keeper kits for hoffenheim, freiburg and mainz (that's the one i noticed)

it can not be that hard to sort out if you know the teamwear keeper kits. at least give them a random colored one of the correct brand! :TTTH:

werder kits:

3957708301_5153348837.jpg

3958484212_7a4934005e.jpg

3958484514_5ec462a81b.jpg

3958484524_1bfe7699ac.jpg

3958484830_32df70bdeb.jpg

Are all the transfers up to date on release?
And has anyone picked Newcastle and had a look at the team. I'm hoping they've given some of the lesser known players at least average stats this year, like Krul and Nile Ranger and Carroll and got their likenesses closer.

Loving that Bremen shirt. I bought the home shirt last year with Diego 10 on the back and it's quality. Looks like it's been replicated well in game.

Are all the transfers up to date on release?
And has anyone picked Newcastle and had a look at the team. I'm hoping they've given some of the lesser known players at least average stats this year, like Krul and Nile Ranger and Carroll and got their likenesses closer.

I saw Robben at R.Madrid.

Back
Top Bottom