FIFA 10

Rutter has been saying over and over again that manager mode will not be amazing this year. So it's not like it is coming as a surprise. If MM is everything, then I would recommend waiting until FIFA 12 because he said they have a three year plan for MM until they have implemented most things they want in it.

Well I quite enjoyed MM last time around, barring a few niggles (unable to edit shirt numbers being one of them), so I'm very pleased with the new additions.

So how do I go about deciding between PES and fifa for a manager mode game this year.
For me, the lack of lower leagues in PES dulls my interest - which you'll understand this year supporting Newcastle but you'll be alright again next year when normality is restored. ;)

I have no interest in starting out in the Premier League where everything is handed to you on a plate, and yet ironically I mostly played as Premier League teams in FIFA 09 because the lower-league teams had the reaction times of the PES 2010 demo, which put me off after a week or two.

It felt different playing with the lower league teams at the Emirates playtest, BUT we only had access to Spanish ones, and obviously nobody's used a lower league team in a Manager Mode game yet. So time will tell.

But for me the Master League, for all its improvements (the training thing sounds excellent), still misses a lot of basics. Having foreign teams in the English league after one season - unless you patch it of course - spoils it for me, although the Champions League integration is a good prospect. If they sort the response times out then I will probably pick it up on the PS3 purely to piss about with patches and get into the fully-licensed CL.

I think I will prefer the Manager Mode, because I prefer the gameplay in FIFA, but there's things I'll miss from MM if I've tried ML and vice-versa I'm sure.

Rad, I think you're being unfair (but then you did say after you played the PES demo that it's made FIFA unplayable for you so I'm not sure why you're asking anyway). But here's a list of all the known Manager Mode changes so far.

FIFA 10 Manager Mode Improvements

* A more user-friendly manager mode hub/desktop
* More user-friendly navigation system
* Ability to edit kit numbers
* Improved Financial System
* New wage budget
* New board difficulty level setting
* New level of authenticity and realism with regard to signing players
* 2-tier bidding for players, first agree fee with club then agree terms with the player
* Manual growth removed but replaced with improved authentic/realistic auto-growth
* New scout ability to predict future growth of players
* Pre-season friendlies added, arranged by the new Assistant Manager
* The Assistant Manager will also assess the importance of upcoming matches and rotate your line-up for you. This is especially visible in early cup games, where you can see that your star players often get a rest in these games. He can also be turned off so you can take care of all the team management without him interfering.
* Board confidence update after every game
* Ability to renogotiate with players immediately and not through negotiation history
* Transfer rumours
* CPU squad rotation
* Fix to the long-term injury bug i.e. there will be long term injuries
* No "available negotiations" cap, unlimitied number of transfer offers depending on your available budget
* Final decision on player transfers. You can bid for multiple players for the same position and if they all accept then you can choose which players to sign and which not to sign.
* Manager mode will not end if you get sacked, your reputation will take a hit and you will get offers from other clubs.
* You will receive job offers at the end of a season "The better your Reputation, the better the offers will be. You will be able to see their squads overall as well as their key players in every area of their squad. The clubs financial situation will be shown as well. "
* Able to assign generic stadiums to clubs and rename them, and set weather conditions for that stadium.
* Improved atmosphere in matches with rivals and more 'frantic' celebrations
* Ability to view opponents starting 11 pre-match
* Ability to shortlist up to 20 players
* Computer generated player names will be regionalized, "no more Scott McFadden from Brazil"
* Additional in-game commentary inc "Transfer speech, Player Form Speech, Board Confidence comments and much more to come"
* Players are no longer tied to a club for 12 months after signing, they can move on as early as the next transfer window
* Financial bonus for promotion, to help bolster your squad
* Players will develop at other clubs, not just the user controlled one
* You can set the age of your created player and assign him to your MM club
* You can also edit the stats of your created player
* Contract length plays a role in the market value of a player
* English play-off finals will be played at Wembley
* New stats screen which tracks goal assists
* No limit on how much you can offer for a player, if you have the funds you can make the offer
* Player form, based on the last 5 matches [especially the last 2-3], will affect a players attributes and market value
My favourite is the player form system.

Just looking at that list again, I really can't wait for this game :WORSHIP:

Seen as no one has posted it..

Best Video yet

http://www.insidegamer.nl/xbox360/fifa10/videos/12093

Excellent vid, first time I have seen different teams, pitches, and stadiums against the ones in the demo. Looking good, not sure whether to order from shopto or just buy in asda on the day. Shopto normally send recorded, and I am at work so I never get it early that way anyway.

ps. just noticed in that vid my pet hate with fifa, on 2.23 the winger puts in an impossible ball with curl on it, just not realistic at all, and no need for the added curl!

I don't know what it is, but when I cross from the top of the screen its harder to put the ball were you want, often I get these silly curled crossers, when I would sooner them just go straight. It reminds me of the old fifa's were every shot had a silly added curl to them.

Last edited:
I don't remember how it is in the demo, but in FIFA 09 if you want to hit a manual cross with "no" curl you just make sure to point the stick at that direction directly. If you want curl you "roll" the stick to that position. I guess it is the same in FIFA 10.

Can't wait to edit all the premiership teams' stadiums to have a season without a single repetition of away grounds :D

Managed to score a really nice freekick earlier, the ball was on nearly on the line of the box and Ribery took an effort at 1,5bars and it went between a couple of heads in the wall and bent into the sidenetting. Never managed one of those before :D

I don't remember how it is in the demo, but in FIFA 09 if you want to hit a manual cross with "no" curl you just make sure to point the stick at that direction directly. If you want curl you "roll" the stick to that position. I guess it is the same in FIFA 10.

I still get 2/5 not going were I want, but from the bottom of the screen I'm fine. At least now I can practice it better with the improved practice mode.

Excellent vid, first time I have seen different teams, pitches, and stadiums against the ones in the demo. Looking good, not sure whether to order from shopto or just buy in asda on the day. Shopto normally send recorded, and I am at work so I never get it early that way anyway.

ps. just noticed in that vid my pet hate with fifa, on 2.23 the winger puts in an impossible ball with curl on it, just not realistic at all, and no need for the added curl!

I don't know what it is, but when I cross from the top of the screen its harder to put the ball were you want, often I get these silly curled crossers, when I would sooner them just go straight. It reminds me of the old fifa's were every shot had a silly added curl to them.

It's Henry, swinging a left peg at the ball while at full pelt with a defender tussling with him? Seems reasonable that he'd not get a perfect contact with his left peg and slice it, IMO. If you don't want to do that, cross on your stronger foot and ideally not while sprinting at exactly 90 degrees to where you want to cross it.

+ Freedom in movement
+ Holland in FIFA 10
- Graphically almost the same as FIFA 09
+ The battles between the players are very realistic
+ New animations. Feels very realistic
+ Training
+ Weather effects!
- The referee is bad

But the speed seems about the same as the demo :(. I'm just hoping it looks that fast because they are on fully assisted.

I have the final game from a friend journalist in Greece. What is the problem...

Game speed same as demo. I prefer to play on slow...All tranfers are in i think...

Oh right, how about player switching, some people were complaining about it not being responsive or accurate enough. Also I think a few still don't like the FIFA style radar, is that any different?

Its very easy on fully manual i think...

Some stadiums have rain and snow, but only at night...

Ball physics better tha demo. Ball is heavy like fifa09...I like it

Amazing grass in stadiums...

Player switch works great...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom