FIFA 10

That set piece creator in the video looks like it could be fun :))

Probably spend too much time working out little routines and that.

It took reviewers some time but finally they are giving fifa what it deserves.

Yes but to be fair, anything prior to the new version was open to interpretation, whereas the quality of 10 * is without debate.

* - based on the demo only obviously :-)

And, for the record, I loved 09 and 08

the action in that first vid was SICK. the ball of the line! the stumble and low shot. :o

thanks man!

the crowds look STELLAR. lighting at stamford bridge is great. its a cold winter afternoon lighting. looks sweet.

The third pillar of FIFA, if you like, behind Exhibition and online ranked matches, is Manager Mode, and FIFA 10 had promised to finally show it some love, although EA's ambition to achieve a base level of authenticity will have to wait at least another year. With my first 2009/10 season as Liverpool barely six games old, Manchester United were rooted to the bottom of the Premiership and I'd re-signed Xabi Alonso from Real Madrid in the same window Rafa Benitez sold him (I was perfectly happy with both scenarios, naturally, but it's not very realistic). Exotic, completely ridiculous signings (Fabregas to Fulham!) are less prevalent, and there's better menuing, but there's still a long road ahead for EA's designers.

I thought they said MM was going to be more life like and realistic.. Man u sitting at the bottom of the table? Now come on!! :TTTH:
I think last season United started the season very poorly too so what really matters is what happens at the end of the season

With regards to training mode do we know whether we can choose what teams and players are playing in a training match? For instance could I have the arsenal first XI versus the young guns, ramsey, wilshire and the likes?

a dutch review with a new vid :

http://www.gamer.nl/doc/54127/FIFA-10
Closing comments:

Rating: 9/10

Fifa 10 is a fantastic game. It surpasses its predecessor (wich was allready very good) in every aspect.
The 360 running system, the fysical elements and the expanded passing possibilities all combined make this the closest thing to real football yet.
Furthermore there are some new interesting mode and most of the glitches and bugs from previous editions are gone.
All this make Fifa10 the best football title ever made.

EA forums: Casartelli

Video review in the link. New footage from final build but it's in Dutch. no matter though. :D

They have almost certainly incorporated the Madden crowd into Fifa 10. A very wise move, too. Superb.

Will check out those new videos now. Cheers for posting.

So what changes have they actually made to manager mode then? Just that AI team get fatigued and injured and will use squad rotation?
Rad, I think you're being unfair (but then you did say after you played the PES demo that it's made FIFA unplayable for you so I'm not sure why you're asking anyway). But here's a list of all the known Manager Mode changes so far.

FIFA 10 Manager Mode Improvements

* A more user-friendly manager mode hub/desktop
* More user-friendly navigation system
* Ability to edit kit numbers
* Improved Financial System
* New wage budget
* New board difficulty level setting
* New level of authenticity and realism with regard to signing players
* 2-tier bidding for players, first agree fee with club then agree terms with the player
* Manual growth removed but replaced with improved authentic/realistic auto-growth
* New scout ability to predict future growth of players
* Pre-season friendlies added, arranged by the new Assistant Manager
* The Assistant Manager will also assess the importance of upcoming matches and rotate your line-up for you. This is especially visible in early cup games, where you can see that your star players often get a rest in these games. He can also be turned off so you can take care of all the team management without him interfering.
* Board confidence update after every game
* Ability to renogotiate with players immediately and not through negotiation history
* Transfer rumours
* CPU squad rotation
* Fix to the long-term injury bug i.e. there will be long term injuries
* No "available negotiations" cap, unlimitied number of transfer offers depending on your available budget
* Final decision on player transfers. You can bid for multiple players for the same position and if they all accept then you can choose which players to sign and which not to sign.
* Manager mode will not end if you get sacked, your reputation will take a hit and you will get offers from other clubs.
* You will receive job offers at the end of a season "The better your Reputation, the better the offers will be. You will be able to see their squads overall as well as their key players in every area of their squad. The clubs financial situation will be shown as well. "
* Able to assign generic stadiums to clubs and rename them, and set weather conditions for that stadium.
* Improved atmosphere in matches with rivals and more 'frantic' celebrations
* Ability to view opponents starting 11 pre-match
* Ability to shortlist up to 20 players
* Computer generated player names will be regionalized, "no more Scott McFadden from Brazil"
* Additional in-game commentary inc "Transfer speech, Player Form Speech, Board Confidence comments and much more to come"
* Players are no longer tied to a club for 12 months after signing, they can move on as early as the next transfer window
* Financial bonus for promotion, to help bolster your squad
* Players will develop at other clubs, not just the user controlled one
* You can set the age of your created player and assign him to your MM club
* You can also edit the stats of your created player
* Contract length plays a role in the market value of a player
* English play-off finals will be played at Wembley
* New stats screen which tracks goal assists
* No limit on how much you can offer for a player, if you have the funds you can make the offer
* Player form, based on the last 5 matches [especially the last 2-3], will affect a players attributes and market value
My favourite is the player form system.

For me the job offers is the best new feature, along with the negotiations, also the way the commentary relates more to your season will be great

Seen as no one has posted it..

Best Video yet

http://www.insidegamer.nl/xbox360/fifa10/videos/12093
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGHHH!!

Amazing video but there's something that really pisses me off.

Look at the amazing crowd when Tevez scores, incredible - then suddenly they all sit down for no reason!!

At least wait until the kick-off before you sit down again and stop celebrating you bloody plonkers!!

Rad, I think you're being unfair (but then you did say after you played the PES demo that it's made FIFA unplayable for you so I'm not sure why you're asking anyway). But here's a list of all the known Manager Mode changes so far.

FIFA 10 Manager Mode Improvements

* A more user-friendly manager mode hub/desktop
* More user-friendly navigation system
* Ability to edit kit numbers
* Improved Financial System
* New wage budget
* New board difficulty level setting
* 2-tier bidding for players, first agree fee with club then agree terms with the player
* Manual growth removed but replaced with improved authentic/realistic auto-growth
* Pre-season friendlies added, arranged by the new Assistant Manager
* The Assistant Manager will also assess the importance of upcoming matches and rotate your line-up for you. This is especially visible in early cup games, where you can see that your star players often get a rest in these games. He can also be turned off so you can take care of all the team management without him interfering.
* Board confidence update after every game
* Ability to renogotiate with players immediately and not through negotiation history
* Transfer rumours
* CPU squad rotation
* Fix to the long-term injury bug i.e. there will be long term injuries
* No "available negotiations" cap, unlimitied number of transfer offers depending on your available budget
* Final decision on player transfers. You can bid for multiple players for the same position and if they all accept then you can choose which players to sign and which not to sign.
* Manager mode will not end if you get sacked, your reputation will take a hit and you will get offers from other clubs.
* You will receive job offers at the end of a season "The better your Reputation, the better the offers will be. You will be able to see their squads overall as well as their key players in every area of their squad. The clubs financial situation will be shown as well. "
* Able to assign generic stadiums to clubs and rename them, and set weather conditions for that stadium.
* Improved atmosphere in matches with rivals and more 'frantic' celebrations
* Ability to view opponents starting 11 pre-match
* Ability to shortlist up to 20 players
* Computer generated player names will be regionalized, "no more Scott McFadden from Brazil"
* Additional in-game commentary inc "Transfer speech, Player Form Speech, Board Confidence comments and much more to come"
* Players are no longer tied to a club for 12 months after signing, they can move on as early as the next transfer window
* Financial bonus for promotion, to help bolster your squad
* You can set the age of your created player and assign him to your MM club
* You can also edit the stats of your created player
* Contract length plays a role in the market value of a player
* English play-off finals will be played at Wembley
* New stats screen which tracks goal assists
* No limit on how much you can offer for a player, if you have the funds you can make the offer
* Player form, based on the last 5 matches [especially the last 2-3], will affect a players attributes and market value
My favourite is the player form system.

'unplayable for me' was just a knee jerk reaction after playing pes that first time. I hadn't played Fifa 09 for a long while so when I tried the Fifa 2010 demo I expected a big change but hardly noticed it. It has a few new things here and there but it just felt like 09 with tweaks.

Then I tried the pes demo and had some fun with it (despite the response times) but it felt really different. When I went back to Fifa it felt lightweight and as if most of the gameplay was out of my control. As if the game was doing a lot of the hard work and all I had to do was tap pass and ping the ball around with pin point accuracy and no effort or skill required from myself.

Good example
http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/9502850

I just couldn't get back into that style of game after bashing the pes demo all day.

Now it's been a while I've played both demos more against the ai and humans and enjoy them both for different reasons. Fifa still feels lightweight and floaty compared but PES has the terrible response times.

So how do I go about deciding between PES and fifa for a manager mode game this year. The obvious answer is previews and reviews. PES has already shown off its ML mode and some of the new features. But with Fifa they've hardly mentioned manager mode improvements at all. So that's why I asked if they have indeed made big changed or not as I've not seen a definitive list of improvements from EA.

Last edited:
* CPU squad rotation

They're the ones I'm most pleased with ... not many then.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGHHH!!

Amazing video but there's something that really pisses me off.

Look at the amazing crowd when Tevez scores, incredible - then suddenly they all sit down for no reason!!

At least wait until the kick-off before you sit down again and stop celebrating you bloody plonkers!!

It was only a friendly against Real Madrid so not that bothered :-) ooorr it was raining... maybe they were getting wet :-)...

The crowds do need sorting out next year......

Rutter has been saying over and over again that manager mode will not be amazing this year. So it's not like it is coming as a surprise. If MM is everything, then I would recommend waiting until FIFA 12 because he said they have a three year plan for MM until they have implemented most things they want in it.

Back
Top Bottom