FIFA 10

You look like you sat on a barbed wire dildo.

Thank you :-D In hindsight, it looks not much like me at all so I'll have another go tonight.

Anyone else had a cheeky look this morning in desperation that it might have been released early?

I know I did.

For a lot of people today will be there last to play FIFA 09.

A year on I can still remember the frantic build up to getting last years game.

It brings a tear to my japs eye.

It is realistic, no doubt, but it has its moments.

I thought I was going crazy when I noticed a few teams beating me with not long to go, with some ridiculous shots from nowhere that somehow went in, but Drekkard assured me that the game just doesn't let you win on occasion. Not all of the time - not very often at all in-fact - but sometimes.

I suppose we just have to get used to the fact that, with processors the way they are at the moment, it's not possible to have 21 AI players (that's minus the one you're controlling when you play 1vCPU) behaving in a realistic way and getting a realistic scoreline by playing "fair".

(And I suppose the proof of that is that you get less of these incidents when you play sports games that involve less people.)

well my friend, thats why i dont normally play sports games offline

I might just get the demo to try the set piece creator and a couple of these practice matches but will try not to play too many actual games on it.

meh ,it won't be for me.I think they're going for too much realism.
I would have preferred if they only focused on the gameplay

Last edited:
Will this mean you have to play the same side as the real life team did or will you get to change the team and tactics how you wish?

Also if for instance torres got injured and had to come off after 20 mins would this mean he wouldnt be avaliable on the live season for that game. Will it include Europe?

See, you would *think* that Torres would be forced off at 20 mins in your game too to totally simulate real life.

EDIT - I agree with Nick (and others) and won't be doing it myself unless the cheeky barstools make this the only way to update transfers....

Last edited:
Never saw the need for it and as an MM player it does not even work and paying for it just sucks.
A waste of EA's efforts and time they should spend on the title instead of finding ways to get more moolar out of kids pockets...

I thought we new all of this stuff already?! or did I dream it? if so I need to start dreaming about the lottery as I have a gift!

I never used the last one as it got on my nerves, I just switched it off. So I definately won't be getting this. The same with the ultimate team stuff, it turned into a farce and was annoying.

Both live season and Ultimate team are a great idea, but they need to do much more to make them better.

Really disappointed to be honest. There is absolutely no point.

I'd much rather play a Manager Mode and have the results you get in that, than pay money just to be put into an offline league against teams who are given their real results. What is the point? You might as well make a league table on your computer and play friendlies to add your results if you're that bothered.

I won't be paying for Live Season updates because I never really noticed them anyway, I won't be paying for this game mode because it just seems utterly boring with nowhere near enough interaction to keep my interest, and I won't be paying for Ultimate Team because the whole cards idea is horribly childish.

Gutted!

Really disappointed to be honest. There is absolutely no point.

I'd much rather play a Manager Mode and have the results you get in that, than pay money just to be put into an offline league against teams who are given their real results. What is the point? You might as well make a league table on your computer and play friendlies to add your results if you're that bothered.

I won't be paying for Live Season updates because I never really noticed them anyway, I won't be paying for this game mode because it just seems utterly boring with nowhere near enough interaction to keep my interest, and I won't be paying for Ultimate Team because the whole cards idea is horribly childish.

Gutted!

I liked Ultimate team and the cards idea. Just ruined it by putting all that boost shit in there. It made the game rubbish.

Rubbish, wont be paying for that 2.0 nonsense.

I agree with Bobby, UT was a great idea. Offline was interesting and it could've been great online if it wasn't for the boosts and people buying Gold packs with real money.

UT would be great if they just removed the cards and the whole randomness of it, and made it into an online Manager Mode.

Getting your staff together, retraining formations, even the training idea is great - it's even more advanced than what you get in the offline Manager Mode for God's sake! But the idea of having to buy trading cards to do it just totally ruins it for me.

I want to buy a player on the transfer market, not buy packs of cards in the hope of getting some decent player randomly. It just got annoying. (Especially when kids can buy ten gold packs with mummy and daddy's money and get themselves a five-star team from minute one.)

OH, by the way:

See, you would *think* that Torres would be forced off at 20 mins in your game too to totally simulate real life.
No - the idea is that all of the results around you are replicated from real life, but the game you play against the team you're up against that week is a totally new game. So any injuries that incur in the real match won't happen in your match because the same tackle that happened in reality to break the guy's leg or whatever won't happen in your match.

They will start with the same formation/squad that they start with in reality but from the kick-off to the final whistle there's no interference from the real match.

I just find it really stupid, I'd prefer to play Manager Mode and have the opposition use a formation to counter mine, or get to know my players/tactics and adjust, than simply copy what's going on in real life.

It makes no sense to me...

Last edited:
You can see EA are struggling to come up with ways to elevate themselves above the competition with their powerful licenses. I can't even imagine the sheer amount of stats required for this game mode.

While the game mode is good and will likely sell well, It's not what is needed. EA constantly tell us it takes time to do this and it takes time to do that but seem to waste time fluffing areas that do not need to be fluffed. I ask you, what is the difference between this and the coloured arrows of PES games that showed form, except for PES's being in a fantasy world? They're basically the same thing except EA has gone the long way round to achieve it. Why not just introduce a form factor into their management mode and make form dependent on how well each player did in the game previous?

Anyways, just my two cents.

Also I'd much rather they use their licenses for true trophy celebrations and true to life league environments. For example, the Premier League would have the Barclays boards etc and the team walking out with the kids from charities etc. And when you win the league finally you get to see your team with the actual Premier League trophy celebrating, fireworks, confetti, lap of honour et al. I've said this before but I'll say it again. If Konami had these licenses we'd see some truly detailed and authentic League matches. Not a bash @ EA, but just an observation from over the years.

That said... £3.99 is nothing really.

Last edited:
But if they have that many people putting in that much detail, cant they spend the time on simple things like a full editor for offline (like PES used to have)

and dont get me started on penalties. I want to be able to put the ball wherever I want, at whatever pace I want too.

Also does anyone know yet if free-kick direct shots are improved? So no late stupid curl on shots for instance. One thing I did like on PES back in the day of it being good, was free-kicks. Happily would just practise free-kicks in the editor or challenge mode, becoming as good as Juninho.

Back
Top Bottom