FIFA 10

The question now is will you need to be subscribing to Live Season 2.0 to receive the January update (it was distributed via Live Season last year so if they want to do that this year...).

Really worried about that one as well, Twittered EARom and the new EA UK Fifa dude who can 360 with a keyboard........

I just think that is lame though. Your VP will get positional marks from how the CPU is moving him around when you are not in control of him. To me only the user himself should be reflected in the VP, not the CPU.
Well you can always stick to growing your VP only in Online Clubs Pro and allowing yourself to be picked up by other clubs so you can see that they're laying some inroads with regards to sort of like a BAP+MM+Online mode in the future. I just wish the current implementation of VP didn't have to span across all game modes in the first place and that each mode has a unique VP whose growth is dependant on how often you play that mode; Virtual Pro on the whole sounds pretty lame if you'd ask me.

Really worried about that one as well, Twittered EARom and the new EA UK Fifa dude who can 360 with a keyboard........

Same here...
but i really think we will be givan a free ASL league , just like in fifa09.
otherwise im pretty sure they went back to fifa's08 method, simple roster update, with nothing to do with ASL.

What im confident is taht u wont need to buy ASL to get the squad updates...thats for sure.

Not sure if we'll get a free league. As someone pointed out, they haven't got Adidas backing them this season have they?

All settings on manual for me this year. Just played about 6 games on Fifa 09 full manual and really cant believe how much of a better game of football it plays. The way you can cut inside the fullbacks is very satisfying. Cant believe it took me a year to realise how much i was missing out!. Cant wait EVEN more now!.

Not sure if we'll get a free league. As someone pointed out, they haven't got Adidas backing them this season have they?
If I remember rightly (I'm a bit out of it, just took some mega painkillers), it's already been confirmed that there will be no free league, and EA have put this down to the fact that Adidas aren't sponsoring them. I read this on the EA forums this afternoon.

I thought the update was given to non LS users, but later than everyone else?
I'm not 100% sure, my memory is awful, but what would have been the point when everybody got a free Live Season league in FIFA 09? I could have swore it was through Live Season only and the majority of people seem to remember it the same way.

All settings on manual for me this year. Just played about 6 games on Fifa 09 full manual and really cant believe how much of a better game of football it plays. The way you can cut inside the fullbacks is very satisfying. Cant believe it took me a year to realise how much i was missing out!. Cant wait EVEN more now!.

I dont know which camera do u use but if you switch to dynamic you will realise how much you were missing out twice....

I wish you could set the 360 to download the demo once it hits, I'm at work in meetings for most of the day but I think I'll sneak back to download it on my way to the office:SNACK:

Hope you all enjoy it fella's:))

We have about 3 weeks to wait for the game even after tomorrow, I won't be rushing in and setting the download as soon as I get through the door, it's not like you'll regret not having an extra few hours on the demo, we'll probably be fed up of the 3 minute halves after a few days :P.

The transfer update for 09 was through Live Season, but considering you pay for Live Season leagues individually and the 09 update covered all leagues, i'm confident the update will be free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by EA_MikeTakla
Oh so many excited faces how can I resist

We've not changed FIWC dramatically this year but we've done a few things. A couple of those are we've removed the lobbies (so it's quick match only) & maybe the bigger news is we've levelled all the teams - so whoever you play with it's all even.
Is it "leveled" like Clubs in 09. Or actually leveled where all players are 85 where the star players like Ronaldo and Messi are not the only ones that can perform all the skill moves, feel more agile and feel quicker, etc. Can an MLS winger do the same moves and cuts that a Ronaldo can?

We levelled the skill moves & hidden traits too.

I guess size is the only potential advantage now, but I think that's taking it to the extreme... if we made every player the same height it'd be kinda not like real life at all & we may as well have team A & team B and that wouldn't be much fun I'm sure most would agree.

Plus I really doubt the FIWC champ will be the champ because his team is a little bit taller, there is some skill involved
Sounds great.

The skill of knowing how to play the perfect through ball to Ronaldo?
Or the Skill of being able to play a 5 defenders-2 dmids- 3 Strikers?
I forget...:BLEH: Had to do it.:D

Just promise us if glitches like these arise you will do your best patch them so online isn't round this year please?

I have played the NA & World (European) FIWC Champs & I honestly don't think they beat me with exploits, they are just very good at the game...

But yes we're definitely more commited to trying to ensure there's fair play when it comes to the leaderboards, a lot of what we focused on this year in online was around that.
hopefully this means they are committed to patching the game this year for online glitches

Last edited:
I'm not 100% sure, my memory is awful, but what would have been the point when everybody got a free Live Season league in FIFA 09? I could have swore it was through Live Season only and the majority of people seem to remember it the same way.

For online use the squad update was free to all and automatically downloaded whenever you went to play an online match and didn't have the latest squad file, for offline use the only way to download the squad file to be saved locally (and thus used for MM) was through ALS, that never changed at any point and would be the same now if someone deleted their locally saved squad file.

EAUK_FIFA@Placebo_obecalP I am not sure at the moment, this point has been raised in the forums and on my list of things to ask the devs.

I replied:

Placebo_obecalP@EAUK_FIFA ok tnks, this is hugely important to those of us who want to play MM, in 09 you couldn't save the squad file locally without ALS.

by the way, listened to the latest podcast last night, and i thought that guy who was talking with Chris, was excellent

i would like to listen to more podcasts with him in, he talked sense and understands the game exactly how i feel about it.

by the way, listened to the latest podcast last night, and i thought that guy who was talking with Chris, was excellent

i would like to listen to more podcasts with him in, he talked sense and understands the game exactly how i feel about it.
Don't say that, Tim won't speak to me any more, he's already had a whinge in the chatbox... ;)

Is the demo out just after midnight or do they have a certain time they put it out?
Sony update PSN around 5pm but EA are trying to get them to release it at noon (I would bet they won't be successful).

Xbox Live is updated between 8am-12pm, I would predict 10:30am or 11:00am is when it will go up.

It's been confirmed that the January transfer update will be free regardless of whether you have Live Season or not.

Marcel Kuhn said:
There's no reading between the lines, the January transfer update will be free as usual. We knew about the issue, that last year you had to had Live Season activated to download it, so we've added an option to the "Edit Teams" menu option that is called "Download latest squads". This option will be there regardless if you have LS2.0 activated or not.

Last edited:
I wish you could set the 360 to download the demo once it hits, I'm at work in meetings for most of the day but I think I'll sneak back to download it on my way to the office:SNACK:

Hope you all enjoy it fella's:))

You do realise that exactly what you can do?????

Sign in to your Xbox account on xbox.com then select marketplace then choose Fifa 10>Download and as long as your Xbox is on, it will start downloading. All from the comfort of your work.

Remember to leave your Xbox on tomorrow morning though.

Back
Top Bottom