FIFA 10

I think the point he's making is that there's no fucked up/scuffed strikes of the ball, they are all perfect.

Even if you play on manual you still don't get them - if you aim in the wrong place you still get a perfectly well struck cross/pass/shot, just not to the intended target.

^Agreed completely, that's one of the things that let me down while playing it. I hope they aimed for "SKILL" in general for Fifa 11 and make stats count a little more for everything and have more factors into account when deciding the outcome of plays like that. In the case of a defenders clearing with a volley a cross, if he's in the wrong position it shouldn't matter if he's got 99 skill, he should have 99% chances of doing a bad clearance / miss it completely.

Do the AI teams get injured and fatigued now? I know there's some kind of team rotation thing but is that based on fatigue or just based on the level of opponent?

I've seen your picture so I'm gonna put this as lightly as possible cos I don't want you to hurt me...

I'm disappointed ;)

I've seen your picture so I'm gonna put this as lightly as possible cos I don't want you to hurt me...

I'm disappointed ;)

:LOL:
relax m8, im only 6'3

ahahaha
just kidding, im 5'8

but yeh, trust me ive tried it all manual...played lots of it...but in the end when i come back to the good ol'd-pad on the sixaxis i still feel a lot better and i see a lot more variaty of goals(which sounds completly weird since manual were supposed to do that)

Nice ask about the MM injuries Placebo! That does sound pretty good! Wonder why he sims all his away games?! WTF :LOL:. That explains why EA make some of the decisions they do in games I guess.....

Wonder why he sims all his away games?! WTF :LOL:. That explains why EA make some of the decisions they do in games I guess.....
A Manager Mode season is pretty long-arsed, especially in a crap league like ours where 90% of the players are the same - i.e. garbage.

If I'm in the Premier League then I usually won't skip a game but playing as Tranmere I will occasionally skip a game to try and get to the next season quicker, especially when it's the end of the season and you know that there's nothing left to play for.

I bet Barnes wishes he could skip all of his away games...

I'm starting in the premiership. I'm a Man U fan but I like to start with Spurs or Fulham.

Starting in the lower league became a very repetitive experience, I hope it's changed for 2010

I'd love for fifa to give me a real challenge without it feeling unfair or me having to bump the difficulty up to maximum. Like I'd love to struggle to stay in the premiership and have a relegation battle on my hands.

I used to struggle in the ML on PES back in the PS2 days and would get relegated and end up having to sell off my top players to survive and while it wasn't fun to lose and end in shit it was still fun having to rebuild and have a new challenge on my hands.

Finally managed to get something half resembling me on the game face tonight so here goes:

I'm a little bit better looking in real life but I should emphasise the "little bit" of that statement :-)

Yep, same as last night. It's overloaded.

If it's overloaded now I can't imagine what it's going to be like when the game comes out, but then that's why it's a beta I suppose - this is the kind of stuff they're looking out for...

I'd love for fifa to give me a real challenge without it feeling unfair or me having to bump the difficulty up to maximum. Like I'd love to struggle to stay in the premiership and have a relegation battle on my hands.

I used to struggle in the ML on PES back in the PS2 days and would get relegated and end up having to sell off my top players to survive and while it wasn't fun to lose and end in shit it was still fun having to rebuild and have a new challenge on my hands.
Yeah me too, it feels like the CPU is an assisted player with superhuman players and weird decision making (walking into the keeper in 1 on 1s) in single player for me.
I'd love to be able to enjoy Manager Mode, especially this year with all the improvements they've done to it.

I know people always slated PES for the AI "cheating", but on the whole it wasn't too bad - you could actually beat a man dribbling without tricks and outmuscle the AI players (using super cancel).
The problem with PES though was that I found it too easy even on 6*/Top Player after a while.

No sports game i've played has managed to be a challenge while not "cheating" or doing things not possible in real life - if you count motor racing as a sport then i've had some really good races on single player games on them.
I've heard that NBA 2K9 is realistic though, and I can well believe that after playing the demo, I just know nothing about the sport.

I've heard that NBA 2K9 is realistic though, and I can well believe that after playing the demo, I just know nothing about the sport.
It is realistic, no doubt, but it has its moments.

I thought I was going crazy when I noticed a few teams beating me with not long to go, with some ridiculous shots from nowhere that somehow went in, but Drekkard assured me that the game just doesn't let you win on occasion. Not all of the time - not very often at all in-fact - but sometimes.

I suppose we just have to get used to the fact that, with processors the way they are at the moment, it's not possible to have 21 AI players (that's minus the one you're controlling when you play 1vCPU) behaving in a realistic way and getting a realistic scoreline by playing "fair".

(And I suppose the proof of that is that you get less of these incidents when you play sports games that involve less people.)

Last edited:
Was there ever any more said about Holland's inclusion?
Nope. The video showing them in the game was removed from the EA forums time and time again, which seems to suggest there's something in it (it was definitely real, the guy posted videos of FIFA 10 at various points through the week).

It may be that the licensing hasn't been finalised yet and so it's not 100% definite either way. EA are making an announcement at some point today - the smart money's on it being a Live Season 2.0 announcement but perhaps they'll mention this as well.

EDIT: Anyone who wants to have their say about Ultimate Team CLICK HERE!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom