FIFA 10

My face is again showing black with red eyes when I try to edit, or view in 3d...yet the 2d picture shows fine. Any ideas if it would still work in game? Hope so...haven't managed to get a better version yet!

Mine is fine up until the eyes.

The eyes look like that advert for drug driving :(

If you want I can try to edit the original picture and see if I can get a better result out of it. I changed the area around the eyes on my picture and got the eyes much better by adjusting highlighting/shadows and stuff like that.

That is if you want "facial" Gab_ to have a high res picture of yourself on his computer :...

ha ha.

nah, my eyes appear big and brown. I will fart around with it a bit more, but Im guessing in game the eyes probably get replaced with the resident evil style eyes anyway :)

I know but there's no haircut that really looks like mine. All of them put the top of the hairline way too high so it looks like I've got a massive forehead!!! I'm going for the Gigi Buffon look :SMUG:.

Just change your haircut to match one of the existing ones....

hey cammy found this on the fifa forums

C_K.jpg

:LOL:

Unbelievable Jeff!

Was just perusing a couple of EA staff twitters to see if there were any Fifa rumours to share, just saw this nugget:

nglroby said:
@EAUK_FIFA but will can be make a 360 dribling with keyboard or only with gamepad?

EAUK_FIFA said:
@nglroby If it is a gameplay mechanic I would assume you can do it with both keyboard and gamepad.

WTF? How can you do 360 degree movements with a keyboard? :CONFUSE:

I should point out that EAUK_Fifa is the new FIFA UK Community Manager.......

Last edited:
Oops! The trick, when dealing with a jumpy and easily riled public, is not to blag it...

It's about time the left hand of the KB/M setup was overhauled though. The only advantage keyboard really have is the key count; I can't imagine holding both triggers while running between defenders being remotely easy on keys compared to a pad.

You should ask him Placebo! You could use a keyboard and mouse combination last year so perhaps you can use 360 movement with the mouse.

EDIT: Stu, you know the guy in the Channelbee video you were singing the Soccer AM tramp song about?

IT IS ACTUALLY THE SOCCER AM TRAMP GUY!

CLICK HERE

Last edited:
Placebo - what about Franny Jeffers with blood running down his forehead? ;-p

Tempting! I might do all of our players, if I'm really bored, have 5 packages to pick up from the post office though so one of them should be Arkham Asylum Collectors Edition, finally, so the wife can polish my batarang tonight ;)

Left to right; Tudgay, Spurr, don't know, Simek.

I played too much FM :P.

Oooh 50%! I thought Spurr would be the hardest one TBH.

They are from left to right Marcus Tudgay, Tommy Spurr, Leon Clarke and Darren Purse :)

Oooh 50%! I thought Spurr would be the hardest one TBH.

They are from left to right Marcus Tudgay, Tommy Spurr, Leon Clarke and Darren Purse :)
The faces are almost as good as, sometimes maybe even as good as the ones already in the game. It's a really good feature, just a shame we can only use it for one player at the moment, a good sign of things to come that we can have such good face generation though :).
Are we still getting 1 free league with the live season or was that just a test last year?
Tbh unless Live Season does more that just edit some attributes each week then I won't bother with it unless it's free. The attributes make no difference in the game anyway so you're just paying to see red and green arrows on the squad selection screen...
They must have implemented some new stuff though to call it "2.0", but then again, PES 2010 had "Teamvision 2.0" :P.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we still getting 1 free league with the live season or was that just a test last year?
I would bet a pound to a penny it's not free this year. It's going to be a regular feature in FIFA from now until eternity, so now that everybody's had a taste of it, you have to pay for it or live without it. I'll be living without it, and the same goes for Ultimate Team as well after it became a farce within a month.

Having said that, it depends on what they're doing with it. If it's the same as the last one, no way, BUT Live Season 2.0 is supposedly a new mode rather than just a feature. Rumour has it that Live Season 2.0 will be Live Season, Interactive Leagues and Manager Mode spliced together in some weird and wonderful way, allowing you to replay fixtures with the actual squads. This would appear to be confirmed by Mike Takla (the guy behind Virtual Pro) saying that Marcel Kuhn - the Manager Mode guy - has written a blog post about it that will be published soon.

If it is what I think it is - essentially an offline Interactive Leagues mode where you replay fixtures using the actual squads - then it sounds quite dull to me and I probably wouldn't be interested, but I don't know what the plan is so who knows.

Last edited:
I really enjoy it. It depends how often you play offline multiplayer with friends, Choosing the same 11 every week is crap and dull IMO and it does make a difference selecting players in form. :(( I'd prefer a "Free" Option of it randomly doing it like PES but reflecting reality is still very cool feature.

I've pre-ordered Championship Manager 2010 for £2.51 so that when I've played the FIFA 10 demo to death on Thursday, at midnight I can download CM 2010 and play that to death while I wait for FIFA 10 and then Football Manager in October which I know will shit on Champ Man from a great height.

I think the wait until the full game is going to kill me.

I ordered a couple of games from ShopTo - GRID and Burnout Paradise, they should get here tomorrow and I probably won't even play them much after that for a few weeks because of the FIFA demo! :LOL:

I also pre-ordered FIFA 10, best site for pre-orders imo :).

Back
Top Bottom