FIFA 10

Maybe they haven't had enough time

Well at the very least they could easily have mentioned some of the reported improvements in a paragraph or two.

I assumed there were some more to come, If that's the case I take it they didn't have any in their build...:THINK:

If it were a preview build I'd understand, but it's printed as a review, that means it should be based on retail code for the game, manager mode should have been in the build and thus part of the review, or don't magazines these days have any integrity left and are just desperate to have the first "review" out even if it's not even review code they're reviewing?

If it were a preview build I'd understand, but it's printed as a review, that means it should be based on retail code for the game, manager mode should have been in the build and thus part of the review, or don't magazines these days have any integrity left and are just desperate to have the first "review" out even if it's not even review code they're reviewing?

You could always do a review of this review, then review the game when it finally comes under your review. ;)

Regarding the skills, they will be more useful now because players wont be running at full pelt all the time (assumisng holding X isnt as affective as 09) so you will be able to slow your player down with the 360 movement then pull off some mesmerising skill to glide past you opponent

Great little preview here: PES 2010 v FIFA 10

I think PES fans will jump on it as written by a FIFA fanboy, despite the fact that the guy says repeatedly he was a big Pro Evo fan (and that Pro Evo 6 was his favourite game)...

This is what I keep saying, I genuinely think FIFA 10 has a chance of persuading a few of the guys who still love Pro Evo to give it a chance this year. It has definitely incorporated a lot of the things - the whole feeling that anything can happen for a start - that people still play Pro Evo for.

It seems to be possible to get in to the beta of the virtual pro gameface thingy over at the new eafootballworld.com. With a chance of your face ending up in the game it seems, for the generic players in clubs mode I guess.

Anyone know how featured the arena will be in the demo? As in will it feature the set piece creator and practice matches or will it be restricted to 1 v 1?

Oh noes! They cancelled Fifa10 :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

fifa10cancelled.jpg

Just signed upto BETA too, cheers Gab. Will be interesting to have a play round with what they have to offer before the game comes out!

Anyone know if you can delete an account off EASportsworld or whatever it's called? I've tried to associate my Gamertag and PSN ID with it and it's completely ballsed up.

Anyone know if you can delete an account off EASportsworld or whatever it's called? I've tried to associate my Gamertag and PSN ID with it and it's completely ballsed up.

I emailed Playstation support, told them my email address and PSN ID and they linked my account for me. The website's such a ballache that in the end I let someone else do it for me :D.

I think PES fans will jump on it as written by a FIFA fanboy, despite the fact that the guy says repeatedly he was a big Pro Evo fan (and that Pro Evo 6 was his favourite game)...

This is what I keep saying, I genuinely think FIFA 10 has a chance of persuading a few of the guys who still love Pro Evo to give it a chance this year. It has definitely incorporated a lot of the things - the whole feeling that anything can happen for a start - that people still play Pro Evo for.

Nice find Chris but i question the blokes knowledge a little. Saying that pro evo 2009 was based on defence is way way off the mark. We were lucky enough to have several hours with fifa10 at the emirates and only after several games did we start to see the game blossom so can you imagine trying to review the game after 2 or 3 hurried matches at Gamescom. So for him to knock pro after a couple of games is a bit unfair and it was at a lesser build stage than Fifa. Point im trying to make is judging games at Gamescom is not very reliable.

I emailed Playstation support, told them my email address and PSN ID and they linked my account for me. The website's such a ballache that in the end I let someone else do it for me :D.

Playstation support? I wouldn't have thought they'd have access to it, wouldn't EA have to do it? I'd need my 360 Gamertag linking as well.

As WILDSTER says a nice spot, I feel this 'Feeling like the real player' has become a buzz word for anyone comparing the two games especially when trying to convince PES players, as they hold this as some sort of holy grail or magic chalice that FIFA never touch.

Having not touched 2008 and just dabbled in 2009 I may have forgotten just how big a part of PES this was and how much it's missing in 09, I rarely if ever get to play with the cream of 09 choosing to start with a lower league team and build them up as realistically as i can.
I'm still yet to sign or play with anyone over 87 in the game in my last 4 full 15 year seasons...:LOL:

Even in 09 I do feel the difference between the players in my squad, I know who can beat a man and who can usually win the ball etc, and for that matter I know when I'm playing against a side I know who is going to skin my backs and who will win headers so it's in there to some extent, if EA have managed to make it even clearer I'll be very happy, I just hope it's not the same as it is now for the majority of lower league players that are just bodged with crap stats across the board...

Kevano, the likeness is decent but Jesus Christ it looks like you've been in an oven.

A higher-res clip of the goals from that Channelbee video has been uploaded to YouTube - check it out in HD, you can see the lower flight path of the ball and the OOMPH behind it.

YouTube - FIFA 10 PREVIEW

Anyone knows why EA can't put an official tv scoreboard??? that EA is uttersuperultra ugly..... I am sure sky wouldn't mind seeing his own tv scoreboard on fifa....

Here are a few test pictures from the new Create a Face in FIFA 10 using the BETA version online.

First Attempt
firstest.jpg

Second Attempt (High quality pictures)
test2.jpg

test3.jpg

Joe did Lampard
fatboy.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom