FIFA 10

Oh, that reminds me. Anyone know if they have removed the stupid auto clearence? In FIFA09 I've had like 5-6 own goals becuase my player decided by himself to clear the ball (in his own goal..very clever), and overall I really don't see any need for it..

+1

and sometimes the auto tackle, resulting my team down to 10 man, or giving away a cheap penalty. thank you to the COM who help me giving the penalty.i appreciate it, very much

Guys have you seen the Ford Football Special very fifa 10 trailer like,but a bit better IMO. Be nice if Sky entered the sports games world.

Wow, if I didn't know better I would say that was FIFA 10. Seriously, Sky have been in contact with EA to get that trailer sorted. 100000% sure of it.

True, as tobi said it should be obvious when a player uses his wrong foot, the stats should replicate that...

I remember how in 08 players had a weak foot rating. Now it's non-existent. The only thing that exists now is that Editors have a choice of rating the weak foot rating on a scale of 1-5 in the datbase.

First review score in Official PS magazine UK is supposedly 9/10, same as last year, and same as PES2009. No actual way of validating whether it's true, but I'd guess it is.

The magazine comes out very soon. No further information as of yet about what they've said. Wish there was.

First review score in Official PS magazine UK is supposedly 9/10, same as last year, and same as PES2009. No actual way of validating whether it's true, but I'd guess it is.

The magazine comes out very soon. No further information as of yet about what they've said. Wish there was.

PES2009 got 9/10 lol

I remember how in 08 players had a weak foot rating. Now it's non-existent. The only thing that exists now is that Editors have a choice of rating the weak foot rating on a scale of 1-5 in the datbase.

Weak foot rating does exist, you can improve it in manager mode with XP......

Wow, if I didn't know better I would say that was FIFA 10. Seriously, Sky have been in contact with EA to get that trailer sorted. 100000% sure of it.

agreed, first thing I thought when I saw that, thought FIFA had a sponsorship deal with them going or something.

It just such a FIFA trailer and the graphics are simlar and the stadiums, Anfield etc. Look like they are straight out of FIFA.

Oh, and whens the demo due boys?

Last edited:
In FIFA 10 DEMO will be 3 minutes per half? Hmmm it's a longer time than FIFA 09 demo? Hmm great one ;)
Should be two maybe three teams but time of one half should be longer for example 4,5 minutes :P:P
3 weeks playing in demo then will be FUUUUUULL VERSION!:) We don't need to wait too long time like PES fans :TWIST::DANCE:

I'd love to see Sky and EA team up and add a tv presentation side to it like the Madden games have with Andy Gray doing half/full time analysis. I'm guessing though that that would only really appeal to uk fans who have sky they would never waste that kind of money doing it.

Don't know if I already commented on this but I see they have a lot of highlights now at half time/full time and not only 3 (4 when buggy) like in 09! Yaaay!

Last edited:
The highlights were really shit in fifa. So Hopefully they have fixed them.

PES highlights were much better and seemed to get the key chances more.

Yeah it was something I meant to ask about but forgot, it's something the series has never got right yet, I've had games where I hit the crossbar with 30 yard piledrivers yet the highlights will show a soft cross the keeper catches with ease :(

Though I'd like to trust this guy, I really don't. He can't even spell his friend's name correctly (Michael, not Micheal). The thing about the custom set pieces we know isn't in the demo, yet he's playing with just the demo teams?

Everything he has said could EASILY have been taken straight from the stuff which has been written and said by various people and the devs.

His cousin must be English (talked to Rutter, who I've never seen speak anything else fluently), and yet doesn't deign to write this stuff up himself?

Colour me sceptical.

this sounds TERRIBLE to me:
"Goalkeeping
This is simply brilliant! Nearly every single one of my shots were saved. The goalkeepers rush is a nice improvement. As it is tougher to chip them now because they have better reaction time and reflexes. There are more save techniques which is also good. The way the keeper was pushing the balls off the line was great. You can also cancel the keeper's charge aswell. I liked that because my keeper didn't let many goals in either."

We scored plenty at the Emirates.

If he'd said "goalkeepers make much more realistic saves" I would have agreed but to say every shot is saved is wrong in my experience - and I say this having gone into the playtest hating FIFA's superhuman goalkeepers. (You only have to look at the Gamescom videos to see goals going in!)

And yes, he's extremely positive to the point of sounding strange, but I don't disagree or see fault in anything that he's saying. So it seems genuine to me.

Lots of people are ignorant enough to spell someone's name wrong and not be arsed to correct it...

Last edited:
We scored plenty at the Emirates.

If he'd said "goalkeepers make much more realistic saves" I would have agreed but to say every shot is saved is wrong in my experience - and I say this having gone into the playtest hating FIFA's superhuman goalkeepers. (You only have to look at the Gamescom videos to see goals going in!)

And yes, he's extremely positive to the point of sounding strange, but I don't disagree or see fault in anything that he's saying. So it seems genuine to me.

Lots of people are ignorant enough to spell someone's name wrong and not be arsed to correct it...

Hey Chris, if I remeber correctly you were the one who said that shooting is so much improved in 10. I played a lot of matches at gamescom and tried a lot of shots but I didnt feel much of a difference with the shooting (no long range goal scored).

Sure the shots are faster/ harder but nowwhere near the brilliance of PES shots. The ball physics didnt feel right for me as well as the shooting animations.

You think that we will see a change in that when the game comes out?

Hey Chris, if I remeber correctly you were the one who said that shooting is so much improved in 10. I played a lot of matches at gamescom and tried a lot of shots but I didnt feel much of a difference with the shooting (no long range goal scored).

Sure the shots are faster/ harder but nowwhere near the brilliance of PES shots. The ball physics didnt feel right for me as well as the shooting animations.
Seriously?

I won't lie to you, the Gamescom build is what we played at the Emirates, so we've both played the same build. But Tim, Wildster and mjsmith2k should back me up in as much as we all thought the shooting had improved massively. How long did you spend with the game? We had over three hours on it; in the first few games the goals weren't flying in but then we scored a couple of long-range screamers, including a dipping shot the likes of which I've not seen in a football game before.

I think there's a lot of features that only come out when you play it for a period of time (we didn't see all the goalkeeping stuff for example, we weren't aware that you can bring the goalkeeper out and then make him "stand tall" by tapping the button again). In all honesty, if we'd have only played one or two games, we probably wouldn't have been impressed. In-fact I remember mjsmith2k asking me after one game, "what do you think then" and I pulled a face similar to this one: :ANX:

But after a few games where we just experimented with the controls, and then tried a "serious" game again, we began to see how all the little changes they've put in can change the game entirely. Before that point we were just playing it like FIFA 09 without trying any of the new stuff, and while we were playing it like that, it didn't feel any different. As soon as we had experience with the skilled dribbling etc., it was another world.

You think that we will see a change in that when the game comes out?
The Gamescom build wasn't the final version - I think the numbers given to us were something like 80% but I can't remember exactly. So some things will be tweaked I'm sure. The Gamescom build (and indeed the demo) won't be the final code.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom