FIFA 10

What's changed? He's done the same thing for every version as far back as before I finally gave up on PES. Look at the fact he makes his WENB posts as "Kitana Media" he knows if he uses his own name people won't bother reading as there's zero credibility.

Wrong. Adam posts in the forums as Adam. He only uses Kitana Media on the front page/blog because of his job at Ubisoft. They've warned him a few times because it seems like he's promoting a rival company's game.

Had to reply to clear this up.

On another note, why's WENB even mentioned in this thread in the first place :LOL: Thought I'd just see this kind in the PES thread.

Don't forget people that Adam's PES is only 62.49% complete so with the other 37.51% we could well have a virtual reality headset with it......

Ivy Lane & Football Ground have no night setting. For fuck sakes EA, why the hell do they do this? they always find a way to cock things up, even if it's only a minor thing.

Both of these stadiums are used by most Premier League teams ffs!

I know it's really poor. Considering EA have only added four new grounds the least I would expect is for them to go through the existing ones and add a night mode to each.

IIRC it showed a player being booked, and he had the yellow icon, then it went to half time, then at the start of the second half he had the yellow icon then it changed back to a regular icon, but I could of course be remembering completely wrong ;)

I was wrong, just saw this video: YouTube - GamesCom 2009: FIFA 10 Show Floor Footage Puyol was booked on about 25 and still has the icon at 80+ minutes.

Wrong. Adam posts in the forums as Adam. He only uses Kitana Media on the front page/blog because of his job at Ubisoft. They've warned him a few times because it seems like he's promoting a rival company's game.

Well considering he's still doing it I guess he doesn't care what Ubisoft think.

On another note, why's WENB even mentioned in this thread in the first place :LOL: Thought I'd just see this kind in the PES thread.

Well considering they keep doing previews/podcasts comparing and contrasting both games as well as giving their opinions of Fifa it's pretty much ontopic to here.

But we can't change grounds for teams that have their official ground in the game can we?

Thats right, Mestalla is Valancia. I should know, I coached them for 4 very succesfull seasons in MM.

I thought lazio/roma had night matches in 09? Anyway, fortunatly its limited to a handfull of teams. I guess 11 will have everything in every stadium.....

And I could have sworn he works for Konami :SHOCK:

Warned a few times? Did he rebel after the 1st warning? The guy must be passionate about Konami :P

Last edited:
I was wrong, just saw this video: YouTube - GamesCom 2009: FIFA 10 Show Floor Footage Puyol was booked on about 25 and still has the icon at 80+ minutes.

Well considering he's still doing it I guess he doesn't care what Ubisoft think.

Well considering they keep doing previews/podcasts comparing and contrasting both games as well as giving their opinions of Fifa it's pretty much ontopic to here.
I just wish they would get rid of this shitty celebration when Henry scored, the celebration was like it was Yaya Toure who scored it

Is there anyone else who thinks there are too much induvidual runs with the ball. I think they should slow down the player thats on the ball so that there is a need for good passing play. And I know that the guys who play in these videos arent that good but they seem to be getting somewhere with their style of play.

I mean every time Henry was on the ball for example, he made a run for like 10 seconds with no defenders coming near.

Is there anyone else who thinks there are too much induvidual runs with the ball. I think they should slow down the player thats on the ball so that there is a need for good passing play. And I know that the guys who play in these videos arent that good but they seem to be getting somewhere with their style of play.

I mean every time Henry was on the ball for example, he made a run for like 10 seconds with no defenders coming near.

Yeah, he was playing on amateur, which pretty much mean that the defender won't try to take the ball from you unless you run straight into him.

When the demo comes out, if it has Legendary difficulty, i'll record a few matches. I 100% promise you that I won't be able to bomb past people with Messi unless i open space for him by pulling his marker out of position.

Even in 09 it took some decent play on legendary to get goals.

When the demo comes out, if it has Legendary difficulty, i'll record a few matches. I 100% promise you that I won't be able to bomb past people with Messi unless i open space for him by pulling his marker out of position.

Even in 09 it took some decent play on legendary to get goals.

But you couldn't play on manual with legendary. At least I couldn't.

Nope, most stuff will be locked in now. Review copies are being distributed (we're trying to get one but it's not going well so far) so it looks like it's on the verge of going gold. So it'll be a case of waiting til October 2nd to find out most things now.

Nope, most stuff will be locked in now. Review copies are being distributed (we're trying to get one but it's not going well so far) so it looks like it's on the verge of going gold. So it'll be a case of waiting til October 2nd to find out most things now.

if you need someone to help you out, if you get a review code, then im sure i could spare the time to put 10 through its paces :D

This is something i posted on FSB a while back, some may have already seen it but thought i would post it here and spark a few comments.

VIRTUAL PRO - My vision
by WILDSTER180774 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:26 pm

Im really excited at this years new mode Virtual Pro. I think there are endless ways this mode can be enhanced over the coming years. Its definately a step in the right direction after last years Clubs mode which i spent a lot of time playing. It was mainly how i played Online as im not a great fan of 1v1 in Fifa09. While i was sitting behind the wheel of my big red bus today i started thinking of ways the new VP mode could be expanded and i thought id share my thoughts with everyone and see what people think. So here goes.

Firstly, when creating your club it would be great to completely start from scratch. A name for your club obviously and then how good would it be to create your team strip using an in built editor like what is found in the PES games. Nothing fancy, just a few basic templates and colours. Then using the same editing tools to create your club badge. The badge would be seen in all the relevant menus and also on your shirts. Then a stadium would need to be selected as your home ground. Basic small stadiums only to begin with, more on this later. Also a club motto which would be displayed on your clubs web page/game page. Something like "victory comes with togetherness", i think you catch my drift. Id also like to see sponsorship deals. The sponsors from Manager Mode could be used. These also would be displayed on your shirts. Again basic low income deals at first, more on this later also.
So to summarize

Club Name
Club Badge
Club Kit
Crowd colour
Assign a home stadium
Choose a sponsor
Club Motto

Ok, onto the gameplay fundamentals. Id set control options to nothing above Semi. No assisted players in this mode at all. And for Manual players id reward them with exclusive content, more on this later.

Id get rid of the option of using 'any'. To me Be a pro should be about controlling one player only.

I would have the manager as the one who assigns positions on the pre match screen. And also id like to see Captains play a major role. The manager assigns which player will captain the side in the upcoming game. Now i think this would be really cool if during the game the Captain can select a player on his side, by pressing select button maybe, and give that players energy a temporary boost. So it would be like John Terry giving Ashley Cole a pep talk and Cole responding by upping his game with a boost of adrenaline (stamina). Now the stat boost would be measured on how much the captains (in this scenario lets say Terry) Leadership skills were. Say for example it was quite low, 65 for example, then Cole would only get a very small stamina boost. If though it was high, 90 for example then Cole would get a big boost. Still with me?....Good. This could be seen happening with a small cutscene when there is a break in play. A nice touch i reckon and would add something to the realism.

Acheivements
Now starting off as a new club you will only have access to the basic building blocks. Like basic kit templates/small stadium etc. But i think there is a lot that could be unlocked for your club and player. Here is a small list i think would be cool.

CLUB
More detailed kit templates
More detailed badge templates
Move to a bigger Stadium
Better sponsordhip deals
PLAYER
Boots
Hairstyles
Under armour
Tie ups
Custom celebrations

These can all be reached by hitting certain varied milestones. For example, win 50 games as a club and open up more kit templates. Or as a player, make 50 apps for your club and be rewarded with better boots. Id like to see this one. Play 50 games with full manual controls and be rewarded with extra special boots (insert here the dogs dangles of the boot world, im not a boot fetishist) Exclusive only to Manual gamers.
As a club id like club finance to play a part. Sponsorship deals will give you a starting bank balance of say 5 million. Now for every 50 games you play as a club you are given another 5 million. Hit 50 wins and you are rewarded with a bigger sponsorship deal. Club funds can be used to purchase better kits and other miscellaneaous items. Stadium upgrade for one. Maybe for some, not all tournaments, funds will have to be paid to enter with prize money being the reward for success. 10 mil for winning, 5 for semis, 2 for quarters etc. Maybe even player transfers between clubs although im not sure if this would work but in principle a good idea. Or how about challenging a team to a prize money match. A prize money amount to be selected before the match, say 5 million and the winners pocket the money. That would spice things up.

EA SPORTS WORLD/CLUB PAGE
This is where any member of the club can access their club details. Maybe a coded entry key to gain access. All members of the club can post messages, forum style and use the page as a social page to discuss tactics and opinions. From this page the club creator can send challenge invites to other clubs, arranging date and time etc. Also the page would display club stats, Games played, won and lost etc. Club Danger man, Best Defender etc.
Also the clubs trophy cabinet, displaying any cups won and also acheivements unlocked.

The possibilities are endless. Its all just food for thought!!!!
What do you think?

how funny is this quote from wenb;

We don't ban willy nilly--too much paperwork. And even though you've taken quite a few cheap shots at this site and Adam on another PES site you haven't been banned from here. So why would you think you'd be banned for stating your opinion, or, are you really just, "having a go

are you kidding me?

Last edited:
I won't be able to get anything overturned again Wildster, just leave it if you want to be able to keep posting on FSB...

how funny is this quote from wenb;

We don't ban willy nilly--too much paperwork. And even though you've taken quite a few cheap shots at this site and Adam on another PES site you haven't been banned from here. So why would you think you'd be banned for stating your opinion, or, are you really just, "having a go

are you kidding me?

That was aimed at me.

I can't even get banned from WENB.

I'm a poor excuse for a human being.:COAT:

You should push for a review copy. FSB is a very popular fansite that will see get lots of views. Also you've been helping with fan feedback. It's only fair.

Wildster -just leave it mate. They'll ban you again. What i find funny is, over here you can say things about FIFA09 are "shit" without someone harassing you off the board as long as you give a reason why. Not so much for the other game over there.

Last edited:
You should push for a review copy. FSB is a very popular fansite that will see get lots of views. Also you've been helping with fan feedback. It's only fair.

Wildster -just leave it mate. They'll ban you again. What i find funny is, over here you can say things about FIFA09 are "shit" without someone harassing you off the board as long as you give a reason why. Not so much for the other game over there.

its ok, im gonna leave it now, i dont want to get banned again from FSB which is what i was really upset with tbh. Im moving on :) Chris did me a big favour for which he gains my upmost respect. Im still going to read wenb as ive always been and still is a big fan of the site and the pro evo games and its a shame that im no longer welcome there.

Back
Top Bottom