FIFA 10

What's changed? He's done the same thing for every version as far back as before I finally gave up on PES. Look at the fact he makes his WENB posts as "Kitana Media" he knows if he uses his own name people won't bother reading as there's zero credibility.

As for the podcast itself Riot came across really well in how he spoke for both games, it's a shame that WENB is tarnished by Adam as it used to have a real standing in the football gaming community, if you look at FSB since its launch there's been stuff on there that really puts it on the map well beyond its association with WENB in being its sister site and IMO FSB would be so much better off if it was a completely separate entity.

The guy has no credibility whatsoever. When he sees that he is questioned about whatever he is saying, he would go like '..even Suff agrees'. As if Suff's word was the end of all.:SHAKE:

Suff has credibility though that's why he qoutes him to try and confirm what he (Mr A) says.

Chamartin Stadium is the Bernabeu for people that can´t download the real Bernabeu stadium. It´s an replica of the Bernabeu. Becuase in Rutters presentation when he talks about that Bernabeu is a DLC you see a goal scored by a Barca player at Bernabeu, BUT the weather when the goal is scored is SNOW and Bernabeu doesn´t include snow but chamartin does. So IMO we haven´t seen any footage of the DLC Bernabeu!!!

Chamartin Stadium is the Bernabeu for people that can´t download the real Bernabeu stadium. It´s an replica of the Bernabeu. Becuase in Rutters presentation when he talks about that Bernabeu is a DLC you see a goal scored by a Barca player at Bernabeu, BUT the weather when the goal is scored is SNOW and Bernabeu doesn´t include snow but chamartin does. So IMO we haven´t seen any footage of the DLC Bernabeu!!!

Is Chamartin Stadium in FIFA09?

Edit: Nvm.

Last edited:
NEW STADIUMS

Bernabeau (Free Download On Launch Day)
New Weather: Day Sunny, Night Clear, Night Rain

Estadio Chamartin
New Weather: Day Sunny, Night Clear, Night Rain, Night Snow

Court Lane
New Weather: Day Sunny, Day Cloudy, Day Rain, Day Snow

Arena D'oro
New Weather: Day Sunny, Night Clear, Night Rain

EXISTING STADIUMS

Old Trafford
Weather: Day Sunny, Day Cloudy, Day Rain, Night Clear, Night Rain
New Weather: Day Snow, Night Snow

Stade Gerland
Weather: Day Sunny, Dusk
New Weather: Night Clear, Night Rain, Night Snow

San Siro
New Weather: Night Clear, Night Rain

Camp Nou

Stadio Delle Alpi

Signal Iduna Park
Weather: Day Sunny, Day Cloudy, Day Rain, Night Clear, Night Rain,

Bay Arena

Anfield
Weather: Day Sunny, Day Cloudy, Night Clear, Night Rain
New Weather: Day Rain, Day Snow, Night Snow

Parc Des Princes

Square Ground
Weather: Day Sunny, Day Cloudy, Day Rain, Dusk
New Weather: Day Snow, Night Clear, Night Rain, Night Snow

Stamford Bridge
Weather: Day Sunny, Day Cloudy, Day Rain, Night Clear, Night Rain, Day Snow, Night Snow

Stade Velodrome

Veltins-Arena
Weather: Day Sunny, Night Clear

Crown Lane
Weather: Day Sunny, Day Cloudy, Day Rain

Euro Arena
Weather: Day Sunny, Day Cloudy, Day Rain, Night Clear, Night Rain,

Town Park
New Weather: Day Snow

Euro Park
Weather: Day Sunny, Day Cloudy, Day Snow, Dusk
New Weather: Day Rain, Night Clear, Night Rain, Night Snow

HSH Nordbank Arena
Weather: Day Sunny, Night Clear, Night Rain
New Weather: Night Snow

Estadio Vicente Calderon

St James Park
Weather: Day Sunny, Day Cloudy, Night Clear, Night Rain
New Weather: Day Rain, Day Snow, Night Snow

Estadio Azteca

Olympiastadion

Allianz Arena

Stadion Europa

Stade Kokoto

Aloha Park

Wembley Stadium
Weather: Day Sunny, Night Clear, Night Rain, Dusk

Emirates

Stadio Olimpico
New Weather: Day Snow, Night Clear, Night Rain, Night Snow

Estadio De Las Artes (Thank the Lord, this one has everything :D)

Olimipico Generico
Weather: Day Cloudy, Day Rain, Dusk

Estadio Del Pueblo

Fussballstadion

El Reducto

Stadion Neder

Stade Municipal
Weather: Day Sunny, Day Cloudy, Day Snow
New Weather: Day Rain, Night Clear, Night Rain, Night Snow

Ivy Lane
Weather: Day Sunny, Day Cloudy, Day Snow
New Weather: Dady Rain

Estadio Latino

Stadion 23. Maj

El Medio
New Weather: Night Rain

El Bombastico
New Weather: Night Rain

Stadio Classico
Weather: Day Sunny

Football Ground

Stadion Olympik
Weather: Day Cloudy, Day Snow
New Weather: Day Sunny, Day Rain

Stadion Hanguk
Weather: Night Clear
New Weather: Night Rain, Night Snow

Bolded the stadiums that have no night setting. Guess we'll be editing quite a few stadiums before starting a MM. Can these savefiles be shared? Otherwise I'll end up having to do about 100 or so teams (top teams in the euro leagues and a few championship ones).

Last edited:

im sure i heard David Rutter talk about snow in the Bernabau in one of those press conferences

Ivy Lane & Football Ground have no night setting. For fuck sakes EA, why the hell do they do this? they always find a way to cock things up, even if it's only a minor thing.

Both of these stadiums are used by most Premier League teams ffs!

Play manual in Fifa 09 and you will have true 360 passing and shooting.

Manual is the only thing I play. And I can't see full 360 degree passing or shooting. Maybe its because it is upto stats? But again hows that called 360 if I can't put it where I want? Also even with great passers I'm having the same problem. The ball doesn't go where I want it with the likes of Scholes, Pirlo etc.

I guess Chamartin is a new generic spanish/latin stadium and Bernabeu being the real bernabeu. If that's the case, thay could have choosen a better name for the generic stadium, really. But no problem, we will beat Madrid in Chamartin, Bernabeu and any stadium (with or without night) in the game.

Manual is the only thing I play. And I can't see full 360 degree passing or shooting. Maybe its because it is upto stats? But again hows that called 360 if I can't put it where I want? Also even with great passers I'm having the same problem. The ball doesn't go where I want it with the likes of Scholes, Pirlo etc.

I don't have any problem passing where I want and shooting in any angle. Take into account that error also play a part in the manual game. And stats (even if their impact is not as strong as we would like to).

The real problem is that it's difficult and you need to train a lot. But I can really TRY any angle for passing or shooting I can think of. Another thing is if the outcome is as good as I'd like. But currently, I can even score sometimes those ridiculously angled shots from inside the area! I scored one between the legs of the keeper and felt great.

I feel great differences in shooting between a good shooter and a bad one, it's only short passing that tends to level things too much.

This is an epic post, grab a cup of tea.

I just popped over the other place anton, and ended up having to type ridiculous long posts to unchecked lies about FIFA. No point mate. I'm just sticking here or FSB.

To be honest, I know how PES fans feel. I remember when Pro Evolution Soccer was first introduced on the Playstation2 at the end of the PSOne era. I refused to believe it was a good game. I was a strict Nintendo and ISS fanboy. How could this spin-off be better than "Jikkyou World Soccer"?

Being weened on ISS Deluxe all the way through to ISS 2000 on the N64 (complete with dating sim and friendship responsibilities), I was dismayed to find all my mates migrating towards this "PES" series. It looked foreign to me. I remember wondering why the players were so small and why the ball ran so loosely off my feet!! (It was practically glued to your feet in ISS :lol).

I held steadfast to my opinion that ISS was the better series even while everyone had moved onto the PS2 and were playing Pro Evolution Soccer 2. They had stopped making ISS in the west by that point (2002) so i was still playing my copy of ISS2000. Let me tell you, you may laugh but that RPG mode was DEEP and really addictive. You couldn't ever make the perfect player (Hopefully the new Virtual Pro is like this...).

It was getting to 2003/4 when PES was being talked about as the best footy series on ANYTHING. I had to try it again. I tried my friend's copy. I went into it with negativity (wondering what all the fuss was about). Low and behold i wasn't impressed. At all (for various reasons).

I eventually bought my own PS2 and got it with Madden and Pro Evo 3. I just needed a footy game for uni. Wow. It really hit me. It was the likenesses and everything that were so detailed, and the on pitch action was fun and true to life (i've played footy my whole life). It just clicked with me. So that was me on the Konami gravy train. I'd tell anyone and everyone it was the best game ever.

Pierluigi Colina was on the cover of that one and the next one with Henry and Terry. PES4. I spent AGES in edit mode trying to create a stupid nike tick :lol:. PES5 came along and had arrived with tweaked AI to make it a lot harder to score and the new challenge came from being able to hold the ball and pass well. It made some great gamers of PES players. You had to be creative to get a goal. (coincidentally this is about the time i started reading EvoWeb, back when the front page was where i visited first LOL))

Edit: Forgot to mention i actually imported the only Gamecube version of Pro EVo to ever be made. I still have it :lol

(You're wondering what this has to with with Fifa, i know, but stick with me) :PIG:

Each game improved slightly with the AI and features (because of the lack of licenses it was mostly added ways to edit). By the time they had reached Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (Adriano and Terry on the cover) the game had been perfected. There were effective tricks to get by the difficult defense now. And the Player likenesses had been greatly improved down to the freekick stances and running animations.

Then came the change of consoles again. And here's my point (finally). It's like history repeating all over again. I'm reading online about how EA have this bran new engine for FIFA with procedural animations and all sorts of whiz-bangery. I was very excited but skeptical at the same time. Still, come launch day I blindly buy an xbox360 (PS3 didn't get a release until later) and a copy of Pro Evo 6 and Fifa07. I slotted in PESnext gen first and marvel at my first glimpse of an HD PES but then I pop in FIFA07 and ... my jaw hit the floor at the fidelity. The gameplay wasn't all that but you could see what they were trying to do with it.

A year later, and we have PES2008 and Fifa08 and again PES come out and it... well felt all too familiar in the face of FIFA's fresh new approach. By the time Fifa09 hit, I found myself eagerly awaiting the release and it honestly didn't disappoint. I never though I'd be able to go online and play as a team with my mates against another team from my couch in a fuss-free smooth experience. Amazing.

With every iteration from EA we've gotten a dramatic improvement interms of the gameplay. With The Producer claiming that 70% of the titles resources have gone into improving the gameplay, you can expect great things to happen while playing. EA Canada's

The point is, IMO, FIFA is in the same position as Konami were in 2006 with Pro evolution Soccer 4. Infact, i'd say they are roughly situated between 3 and 4 .

PES : Fifa07 = Rough, response issues, basic fun.
PES2 : Euro2008 = Faster responsiveness, better defending.
PES3/4 : Fifa09 = improved physics, improved passing, improved AI.
PES3/4 : Fifa10 = improved long ball, better advantage rule (or in PES3's case a new one), tighter dribbling, more cup competitions (online/offline), freekicks allow lay-off's in PES4 (freekick creator in FIFA10), Both have new player development features (Master League player development and Virtual Pro player development), improved gameplay.
You can check my source for all this here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_(series)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_(series)

One interesting thing is that PES4 was criticised for easy goalscoring... hope that isn't the same for Fifa10...

Anyways, you get my point. There's an interesting parallel to both series. If the next FIFA(10) is anything close to the playability we got from PRo evo 3/4, then we're in for a treat. I'm pretty sure the real deal will come with Fifa11 when player individuality is emphasised (as well as Manager mode).

That was long, congrats if you read it all. :ZZZ: :YAWN: ;)

Have to say that was a nice read. We'll see how things turn out :)

Well, if it isn't going where you want it to, and no offence meant, that could well just be you.

I'm fairly sure the manual passing at least is true 360, or at least extremely high fidelity. I can pass at very fine angles. Whether or not it goes where I want is probably more down to the controller, and more to the point myself.

The shooting I'm less sure about. I think it is 360 too. I do use manual, but I'm not that smitten by it. I think the 'semi' filter online for 10 sounds pretty good (semi on all, except assisted on lobbed through balls and manual on through balls). I'd play manual by preference, but I doubt many others will, and it doesn't fit all that well with the 10 minute games, as you really need longer to get a scoreline on manual quite often.

Ive been posting on forums for a while now and have never been banned before and to get banned just for making an innocent joke is ridiculous. It wasnt even about him or pro evo. It went from an off the cuff crap joke to getting logged out and banned. I was like WTF! And i thought i had a good reputation with the guy so at least he should have given me the benefit of the doubt. And now i cant post on FSB which im really pissed about because i have built up a good relationship there recently and met Chris at the Emirates who is a really nice guy. I have e-mailed the administrator as to why i have been banned but have not yet received a reply and i doubt i will.
I have just lost respect for the man to be honest. He is obviously very immature and should seek out a new line of work/hobby.

:P Join the club, I got banned by someone on here at W**B for complaining about people on here going on about them and linking to their site constantly... :PIRATE::JAY:

ON topic: As for the lack of night games at so many stadia, I'm gutted, looks like it's going to be a great deal of editing prior to MM's...
It's far more important than snow or even rain for that matter, and should have been a standard for all grounds...

I have also been noticing slow down a lot more lately, don't know if it's down to a specific ground but I hope to god that's gone in 10, loads of times I've gone for headers and crosses in slow motion...

Last edited:
I hate a floodlight's in FIFA 09 when I am playing at night time.
I hate an effect on the pitch beacuse If I mean about fldghts on the roof and from the jupiters it's an amazing but on the pitch it's looks shit for me I hope it will be a change in 10?..

I hate a floodlight's in FIFA 09 when I am playing at night time.
I hate an effect on the pitch beacuse If I mean about fldghts on the roof and from the jupiters it's an amazing but on the pitch it's looks shit for me I hope it will be a change in 10?..

They did say its been changed and Rutter said it was amazing, but i haven't seen evidence... People who went to the Emirates maybe ???

Good point, can they...?

Maybe for PS3, could you share the edited squadfiles from the PS3 version? For 360 it's more complicated, it's possible you can, obviously you need to connect your 360 HDD to your PC to get at the saved roster but I'll look into it :)

BTW someone mentioned the little yellow icon above a player's head when they've been booked and saying they don't like it, I meant to reply at the time but forgot and can't find the post now, I believe this indicator is temporary? In the video I saw it it looked like it was shown for about 5 minutes game time then returned to a regular icon, perhaps it's just to help you avoid making a bad tackle with the same player right away......

They did say its been changed and Rutter said it was amazing, but i haven't seen evidence... People who went to the Emirates maybe ???
The lighting as a whole was far better - when it comes to the pitch lighting though (i.e. the dark patches) I can't say it was better or worse, I didn't notice it so that can only be a good sign. Have none of the gameplay videos so far featured a night game?

BTW someone mentioned the little yellow icon above a player's head when they've been booked and saying they don't like it, I meant to reply at the time but forgot and can't find the post now, I believe this indicator is temporary? In the video I saw it it looked like it was shown for about 5 minutes game time then returned to a regular icon, perhaps it's just to help you avoid making a bad tackle with the same player right away......
Was that not a video merging several other videos together? Or reordering the chunks of gameplay around?

I'm sure it's not temporary from our experience at the Emirates, unless they've changed it...

No night games yet. But there was a few clips in the trailer for Gamescon and it looks a lot better. Less painted on and the player's themselves had excellent shadowing.

Yeah that was me about the yellowcard highlight in the player cursor. Would be better if it is temporary but expect Chris to be correct that's its on the whole time. Oh well, just a small niggle.

Strangely enough, I'm actually looking forward to editing the stadiums! Think it's great that we can now have a league with every team having a different stadium. :D

Yeah that was me about the yellowcard highlight in the player cursor. Would be better if it is temporary but expect Chris to be correct that's its on the whole time. Oh well, just a small niggle.

Strangely enough, I'm actually looking forward to editing the stadiums! Think it's great that we can now have a league with every team having a different stadium. :D
yeah i agree, i'm looking forward to changing the stadiums.

if we change the stadiums of teams that have a stadium with no night games to a stadium that does, will this mean that in MM you will get mid week night games at these teams? or will it still have them as day games due to the original stadium not having the night options.

long question but i hope people understand what i mean.

Ditto, I'll be choosing stadia that are nothing like the teams' real stadia just so that I don't have to see the same stadium twice (bar the home stadium of course). Really annoys me.

Gutted that Ivy Lane doesn't have night games though, it's really really similar to Tranmere's ground and I've only just managed to get it changed. I'll be changing it back to the awful stadium they gave us before now purely to get night games...

if we change the stadiums of teams that have a stadium with no night games to a stadium that does, will this mean that in MM you will get mid week night games at these teams?
Yes.

Last edited:
Was that not a video merging several other videos together? Or reordering the chunks of gameplay around?

I'm sure it's not temporary from our experience at the Emirates, unless they've changed it...

IIRC it showed a player being booked, and he had the yellow icon, then it went to half time, then at the start of the second half he had the yellow icon then it changed back to a regular icon, but I could of course be remembering completely wrong ;)

Back
Top Bottom