FIFA 10

Wildster i'll take your ban from those other sites mate,tell them pepper said he ain't scared of them and he does'nt care how big their brothers are.:D

Well that's a bit shite from EA. Man I can't freakin wait for 2nd october (happens to be my b-day).
Chris quick question I was watching the Barca vs Marseille match video. Why was abidal shooting and dribbling with his right foot in the pre-match arena. Is this only in the arena?

All players are pretty two footed in the game, doubt it will be much difference from FIFA 09 in that regard. With shots you can tell a difference but with dribbling I think every player will do it with any foot.

Hopefully people will push EA to start improving on individuality in FIFA 11. Not that many ask for it on the official boards though.

@ Wildster,

So they actually use your posting on a different board to determine whether you should get banned?! Who the f#%k do they think they are? The bloody gestapo?!

@ WENB,

F*&king pathetic! So you can preemptive ban me if you want! I know youre reading this! :D

It's a shame EA are making it difficult, after all it's a fan site and with a couple of critiques is still very positive about the game. If anything they should send you guys a review copy instead of mags like psm3 who are pes fanboy anyway.

All players are pretty two footed in the game, doubt it will be much difference from FIFA 09 in that regard. With shots you can tell a difference but with dribbling I think every player will do it with any foot.

Hopefully people will push EA to start improving on individuality in FIFA 11. Not that many ask for it on the official boards though.

You haven't realised that more people on the boards care about how Ronaldo's boots are bump-mapped than how he plays?

As for WENB? They are in danger of looking like a forum for biased fanboys, and the desperate. Seriously, it's hilarious the way they go about it there. One day they'll be on a low due to what Riot said and then Adam says that PES is back and it's all merry again. Almost like drug addicts really. As for PSM3? It's almost as bad as FOX News, Glenn Beck and Bill O'Reilly.

Makes using FSB feel like a minefield. Oh well.

Last edited:
Guys, please stick to the rules here, there's a sticky telling you to stop the WENB talking on these forums. Please take it elsewhere or use private messages. Ignoring this can lead to your messages being deleted on sight and a final warning or even temp ban. Cheers!

Last edited:
Second update on the manager mode blog:

http://www.electronicarts.com.au/news/fifa10_marcelproducerblog_part2/

"Commentary wise, we wanted to make sure that the new Commentary compliments and supports the new features. Therefore we’ve added a ton of tournament specific commentary, this ranges from comments about the team you play against, specific people scoring goals (i.e. your captain or a poor striker) to the latest scoop about your relationship with your board. If you guys are interested in this one I can post a more detailed list in the forums .

In terms of crowd we’ve further improved the variable crowd attendance as well as the club specific crowd coloring. In addition we’ve added some more animations which will make the crowd animate smoother and react to exciting match events quicker. Also like the players, they will change their clothes based on the weather, which is an improvement that nicely complements the authentic Manager Mode weather in FIFA 10. "

Sounds very cool

In terms of crowd we’ve further improved the variable crowd attendance as well as the club specific crowd coloring. In addition we’ve added some more animations which will make the crowd animate smoother and react to exciting match events quicker. Also like the players, they will change their clothes based on the weather, which is an improvement that nicely complements the authentic Manager Mode weather in FIFA 10. "

Sounds very cool

Authentic at certain stadia only.

That's what's been annoying me for months with the game and it ain't likely to change.It pains me to see a right footed player dribble past players like a genius on his left.
It just makes no sense, I know in football there are 2 footed players but in real life they don't dribble on both legs equally.They still have a priority, PES had that spot on with the "wrong foot accuracy and frequency" sort of stat

PES had that spot on with the "wrong foot accuracy and frequency" sort of stat
FIFA has that you know (not sure if it has both but it has a combined one at the very least).

I think FIFA just doesn't quite use the stats in the same way as PES (the user has more control - now you can choose the foot you want to hit the ball with before you hit the shot if you know what buttons to use). I would prefer it that way to be honest, I want to have control over everything possible, but I do realise I'm in the minority...

Last edited:
FIFA has that you know (not sure if it has both but it has a combined one at the very least).

I think FIFA just doesn't quite use the stats in the same way as PES (the user has more control - now you can choose the foot you want to hit the ball with before you hit the shot if you know what buttons to use). I would prefer it that way to be honest, I want to have control over everything possible, but I do realise I'm in the minority...

I love that addition. That combined with 360 degrees gives you so much control before the shot.

Second update on the manager mode blog:

http://www.electronicarts.com.au/news/fifa10_marcelproducerblog_part2/

"Commentary wise, we wanted to make sure that the new Commentary compliments and supports the new features. Therefore we’ve added a ton of tournament specific commentary, this ranges from comments about the team you play against, specific people scoring goals (i.e. your captain or a poor striker) to the latest scoop about your relationship with your board. If you guys are interested in this one I can post a more detailed list in the forums .

Sounds very cool

Authentic at certain stadia only.

Yeah, It's a nice touch and I hope the crowd are more reactive, but a shame along with night games they have not included all the stadia that would have it...

I hate that inclusion, the way PES does it is perfect, granted you still have to go into the edit mode to tweak a bit more but its still there.

You can pretty much guarantee that when you play against the majority of players online in this game they don't give a fuck about whether certain players rarely shoot/cross/pass comfortably with their weaker foot. In a way I don't blame them because EA haven't made it a focus, the goal that Rooney scores at the end of the Gamescom trailer is further proof of that.

The game is trying to be a realistic representation of football but how realistic is it seeing Messi sprinting down the right wing and putting an inch perfect cross in with his weaker right foot.

This is one of the gripes I have with FIFA, a large percentage of the goals that I score in 09 or that my team scores in Clubs gives me zero satisfaction.

To those that play basketball games, can you imagine King James or Kobe comfortably shooting jump shots/three pointers with their left hand!

Rant over.

No you are not.

The less the CPU controls the better, positioning and off the ball reactions the CPU managers to f that up.

In PES the classic CPU auto slide tackle in the box smh, who's dumb idea was that at Konami?

Penalty! but I didnt press anything:CONFUSE: or worse your player gets sent off :CONF:

Last edited:
Oh, that reminds me. Anyone know if they have removed the stupid auto clearence? In FIFA09 I've had like 5-6 own goals becuase my player decided by himself to clear the ball (in his own goal..very clever), and overall I really don't see any need for it..

Oh, that reminds me. Anyone know if they have removed the stupid auto clearence? In FIFA09 I've had like 5-6 own goals becuase my player decided by himself to clear the ball (in his own goal..very clever), and overall I really don't see any need for it..

X2

When can we expect the first reviews to appear? From sites like Gamespot, IGN and so on.

The first review should be out in a few days, from one of the magazines. Official Playstation Magazine UK. Says exclusive. On shelves on the 1st of September. I assume there will be some scans [I am in no way condoning illegal activity].

Gamespot and IGN though? Much later. Late September. The magazines get the reviews out first (usually on slightly old builds) because they only release monthly.

Last edited:
If they haven't and made the keepers even better, expect plenty of 0-0 with 20 or so shots ten on target games, I'm all for keepers playing blinders but every other game is a little much...

exactly m8, and with that all the great saves will feel cheap once again..thats my main problem with fifa...u should be amazed by great saves and the way it is now, theyre just cheap and scripted, they need to sort this, so ull jump out of your seat when Buffon makes a spectacular save on the injury time to save a W for your team :D

From what I've seen in videos general goalkeeper behavior seems to be realistic. I've not been bothered by anything. But I think it remains to be seen if the forcefield is still there.

From what I've seen in videos general goalkeeper behavior seems to be realistic. I've not been bothered by anything. But I think it remains to be seen if the forcefield is still there.

i agree with u, i did not notice any superhuman save as of yet, BUT in all those videos we have seen only a few long shots to really test it...again i trust Chris judment from the demo he and the other fellas played at emirates. i hope theyre right :D

anyway, as u can see this is by far my main concern with this game, otherwise fifa09 is almost spot on for me...if they fix this we will have more goals variaty and ill be a happy soldier, like i was back on psone WE old times.

Back
Top Bottom