FIFA 10

LOL wow, didn't mean to drag the argument over here. It was just something about that write-up that irked me after listening to the great podcast. It's not like Riot was licking Fifa's arse the whole time. He also pointed out it's big negative: "player individuality and traits". Everything else was very positive for Fifa10 though.

The comment that pissed Mr. A off most was likely the "PES faithful @ Gamescom falling in love with it" (paraphrasing).

Look, Fifa10 had a very good gamescom. The game is unfinished code and got nominated twice for game of the show by Eurogamer. These are the facts. for Mr. A to start talking about how Fifa is only good initially and second guessing how long Riot spent with PES2010 is just sour grapes.

That's my last word on the matter. It had to be brought up somewhere though.

I don't listen to the WENB podcast its a bit samey to me. I get far more information (honest) from respected forum members here.

Apart from the odd visit to FSB I don't go anywhere else. i like the maturity here and how the mods do not over react.

TBH both games are going to be great fun this year, i'll get my serious sim fix from FIFA and my lads night fun from PES:D

The Riot podcast was good, as is Riots views and listening to Adam and Suff you can sense whether it's bollocks or not by how Suff reacts. Adam is hyping his arse off and Suff goes; "Yeah yeah, what about......" Pretty much going through the motions.

Adam has now got me banned from WENB (which i aint too bothered about) but more importantly FSB. All because of that joke. Chris, can you help me out here, there is no way i deserve that and it totally sucks.

I like when whatever news a site presents is objective. Chris has managed to keep a nice level, whereas the WENB news posts always has color commentary that I can do without. Also Chris almost never uses exclamation marks, which also makes it not feel like the poster is trying to hype something.

I'm probably a little bit special, but I do appreciate the above things.

The only thing that ennoy me in Fifa 10, are the height/weight and players modeling. They are too similar, it make me sad to see how the game seems perfect, and a proportions aren't really respected.
Basic model is just reduced proportionally from head to foot (like a cube)

This is one of the easiest things to recreate (based on reality) and they do not succeed, it makes me sad :(

Adam has now got me banned from WENB (which i aint too bothered about) but more importantly FSB. All because of that joke. Chris, can you help me out here, there is no way i deserve that and it totally sucks.

What a fucking wanker! Guess he misses his kinder garden to much...

Chris for president!

did i slate Pro evo2010 off?......No

did i slate Adam off......No

All i said was that psm3 joke and where is his sense of humour.....thats all i said. Then i get a post saying how he thought i was a nice guy then i get banned. You have to be kidding me. All the crap that gets said over there and i get banned. Im fuming! Talk about having a god complex.

Wildster: I was just reading that thread. It's a thread designed to control the damage done by Riot's opinion on PES/Fifa on their podcast. It was created to to pour cold water on the unsettled community after hearing that PES2010 is more of a polished PES2009 (something that anyone with two eyes and a brain could figure out).

I told you that the thread contained some bitterness running through it.

This is a post from a mod there:
Every year this happens--everyone hypes the new FIFA and it turns out to be a bucket of feces after a couple of weeks when the shine has worn off.

How irresponsible is that? Just riling the crowd. I happen to enjoy both games (09/2009) and know for a fact which is the better title.

They're in full denial overdrive. The one positive gem from the podcast "player individuality" has been echoed in each post ad nasuium on that forum. It's drone mentality. I value everyone's opinions here, from the negative to the positive comments. It inspires discussion.

It was out of order Adam banning you for that, especially considering your involvement with FSB. I wouldn't take it personally. He seems a little sensitive over Riots comments (he keeps alluding to them) and needed to drum up support for the game again with an epically long post. It verges on propaganda :lol

One thing's for sure, I'd trust his opinion a hell of a lot more if he didn't namedrop Fifa more times than PES in a PES2010 impressions post. I mean, he has the game! Why not just go into more detail of scenarios that have happened while playing?

blah whatever.

PES fans are like Liverpool fans.

They follow something that was once great, but has now been overtaken and they are desperately clinging to the past and bitterly attacking the best team/game.

Wildster: I was just reading that thread. It's a thread designed to control the damage done by Riot's opinion on PES/Fifa on their podcast. It was created to to pour cold water on the unsettled community after hearing that PES2010 is more of a polished PES2009 (something that anyone with two eyes and a brain could figure out).

I told you that the thread contained some bitterness running through it.

This is a post from a mod there:

How irresponsible is that? Just riling the crowd. I happen to enjoy both games (09/2009) and know for a fact which is the better title.

They're in full denial overdrive. The one positive gem from the podcast "player individuality" has been echoed in each post ad nasuium on that forum. It's drone mentality. I value everyone's opinions here, from the negative to the positive comments. It inspires discussion.

It was out of order Adam banning you for that, especially considering your involvement with FSB. I wouldn't take it personally. He seems a little sensitive over Riots comments (he keeps alluding to them) and needed to drum up support for the game again with an epically long post. It verges on propaganda :lol

One thing's for sure, I'd trust his opinion a hell of a lot more if he didn't namedrop Fifa more times than PES in a PES2010 impressions post. I mean, he has the game! Why not just go into more detail of scenarios that have happened while playing?

blah whatever.

Ive been posting on forums for a while now and have never been banned before and to get banned just for making an innocent joke is ridiculous. It wasnt even about him or pro evo. It went from an off the cuff crap joke to getting logged out and banned. I was like WTF! And i thought i had a good reputation with the guy so at least he should have given me the benefit of the doubt. And now i cant post on FSB which im really pissed about because i have built up a good relationship there recently and met Chris at the Emirates who is a really nice guy. I have e-mailed the administrator as to why i have been banned but have not yet received a reply and i doubt i will.
I have just lost respect for the man to be honest. He is obviously very immature and should seek out a new line of work/hobby.

PES fans are like Liverpool fans.

They follow something that was once great, but has now been overtaken and they are desperately clinging to the past and bitterly attacking the best team/game.

Quite agree. No title since the days of the pass-back.

People are only geting riled as its plain to any moderately educated human which game offers the best game of football. And they dont like the results.

Ive been posting on forums for a while now and have never been banned before and to get banned just for making an innocent joke is ridiculous. It wasnt even about him or pro evo. It went from an off the cuff crap joke to getting logged out and banned. I was like WTF! And i thought i had a good reputation with the guy so at least he should have given me the benefit of the doubt. And now i cant post on FSB which im really pissed about because i have built up a good relationship there recently and met Chris at the Emirates who is a really nice guy. I have e-mailed the administrator as to why i have been banned but have not yet received a reply and i doubt i will.
I have just lost respect for the man to be honest. He is obviously very immature and should seek out a new line of work/hobby.

Trust me they need you more than you need them.... Stick on here... Evo-Web has good banter and all the news you need anyway... Alot less idiots and ego's around here

We love you matey!

*Slaps WENB and FSB on the head* naughty WENB and FSB! Naughty!

Quite agree. No title since the days of the pass-back.

People are only geting riled as its plain to any moderately educated human which game offers the best game of football. And they dont like the results.

I mean seriously. Try watching Fifa10 and then immediately watching PE2010 back to back. They're clearly years off eachother. I've watched every vid out there too. :SNACK:

Anyways, back to Fifa. I just downloaded that new vid and saw the sharp turn. I suppose that's up to the player. They should probably punish you a lot more for unrealistic passes and turns (making the pass a hospital pass if you try and 180 degree turn while passing etc)

I like when whatever news a site presents is objective. Chris has managed to keep a nice level, whereas the WENB news posts always has color commentary that I can do without. Also Chris almost never uses exclamation marks, which also makes it not feel like the poster is trying to hype something.

I'm probably a little bit special, but I do appreciate the above things.

I guess I'm special too. :BYE:

Seriously though, I wouldn't post on WENB again in the near future because they don't take kindly to that kind of stuff. Stick to FSB. :)

Has it been revealed whether or not Online Team Play matches (normal unranked) will finally go to penalties again this year as they did in FIFA 08. One of the devs mentioned something about voting being unfeasible but it wasn't necessary last year so can't they just make it go straight to PKs again this year?

I have no doubt that a mistake was made when they introduced FIFA clubs (which functioned as a real league so draw were counted) and I guess just overlooked it for the normal OTP mode.

I think I may have asked this before but don't remember getting a response.

Has it been revealed whether or not Online Team Play matches (normal unranked) will finally go to penalties again this year as they did in FIFA 08. One of the devs mentioned something about voting being unfeasible but it wasn't necessary last year so can't they just make it go straight to PKs again this year?

I have no doubt that a mistake was made when they introduced FIFA clubs (which functioned as a real league so draw were counted) and I guess just overlooked it for the normal OTP mode.

I think I may have asked this before but don't remember getting a response.
Yeah I think they said the voting would exist in ranked 1v1 but not OTP. Hopefully they set the settings back to FIFA 08 or give you the choice to set the settings when you create a room.

Had a browse over there but really I can't read more then a couple of pages.

It's like those movies or series over in the states with a selfproclaimed messiah talking to his gullible, stupid.....sorry, faithfull people. Guess everyone needs their place, and if they all congregate at one forum it keeps them from annoying us over here. :D

Back
Top Bottom