FIFA 10

Pretty happy with how the game is looking. Obviously this year if people wanna play ping pong etc then it looks like they may still get some joy, maybe not as much as last year though.

So many other things look better, and it looks like the knock ahead and hold run has been reduced in effectiveness unless you sent the defender of balance.

One area where it looks like EA have been lazy though is, in dealing with 1 on 1's. It looks like they realised there was too many of them, and instead of making it harder to create a 1 on 1 opportunity, they have just made it harder to score them.

I dont know what the stats are but 75-85% 1 on 1's must get scored at a professional level yet they are hard to create.

Its seems like they took the easy way out and got it the wrong way round.

Pretty happy with how the game is looking. Obviously this year if people wanna play ping pong etc then it looks like they may still get some joy, maybe not as much as last year though.

So many other things look better, and it looks like the knock ahead and hold run has been reduced in effectiveness unless you sent the defender of balance.

One area where it looks like EA have been lazy though is, in dealing with 1 on 1's. It looks like they realised there was too many of them, and instead of making it harder to create a 1 on 1 opportunity, they have just made it harder to score them.

I dont know what the stats are but 75-85% 1 on 1's must get scored at a professional level yet they are hard to create.

Its seems like they took the easy way out and got it the wrong way round.

Good summary and great point about the 1 on 1's :-)

Good summary and great point about the 1 on 1's :-)

Cheers MJP, on a side note i was listening to EA's Fifa 10 podcast and they said the game shown at Gamescom was a build that will 'become' the PSN/Live demo.

So will the the build we get Sept 10th to try, be further on than the one shown at Gamescom?

Thats how they made it sound.

Fucking shopto! Cancel my batman preorder and then charge me anyway! +£30 for courier delivery

So, to update the saga ;)

Shopto said:
Hi Paul,

Unfortunately you did not cancel the order with the new postage rate and so it went through. We have managed to stop this for you now though and will refund your card.

In future to ensure your pre-orders are cancelled go through both screens to confirm, you will then be sent a confirmation email to confirm the cancellation.

Regards,

ShopTo Support

My reply:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and for cancelling this, I was sure I had cancelled it correctly but if you say I didn't then I guess I didn't, at least it's cancelled now.

It doesn't change the fact that your cancelling of my pre-order only 2 days before release is extremely shoddy business practice and customer service as far as I'm concerned and gave me little time at all to come up with an alternative solution before the game's release, I find it extremely surprising that you've never shipped a package to the EU with a similar value to the Arkham Asylum collector's edition before in your many years of existence. You could have simply put the pre-order on "hold" and advised me of how much the additional postage would be to use the courier, because of this I had to go through the pretence of pre-ordering again to find out that the courier cost would be £30, why couldn't you have told me this in the original Email telling me you were cancelling the pre-order 2 days before release?

There is already a lot of illwill towards your company from consumers due to the credit card number release scandal, this has continue to make many gamers wary of ordering from Shopto as I read myself on a popular gaming forum where we were all chatting about where we would pre-order Fifa10 from, many said they wouldn't pre-order from shopto because "they steal your credit card numbers and sell them on", misguided for sure but further exercises in poor customer relations like cancelling a pre-order 2 days from the release date simply further adds to the bad reputation, someone I know cancelled £250 worth of pre-orders with yourselves on hearing about the issues I was also having with Shopto, I hope that this situation can make you rethink your operating practices and come up with a better system to resolve such issues in future, I would consider ordering from Shopto again but I must confess I'd be very wary now.

Kind Regards,

Paul.

I had a refund from them the other week because they were late shipping something. They don't actually refund back to your to bank account, but instead they put it into your 'shopto' account. Therefore forcing you to spend the money with them anyways, unless you wish to have a cheque sent to you, which is simply just annoying.

I've never really had problem with them, so i'll be ordering Fifa with them just for the money that's in my 'shopto' account, but they really are quite unprofessional.

Aye, PES5 was shit to me when I first got it. Then I scored 'this' goal;

YouTube - Solano's Goal (Fulham)

was hooked ever since.

Shame that Solano is completely right footed in real life he never, ever shoots left footed, in fact I remember a goal against Everton almost similar he scored with the outside of his right foot when his left foot was in a better position. Actually you can see the goal here at 2:30 YouTube - Best Premier League goals Volume 1

I scored a couple of goals like that on Fifa09, one of them with JJ coming off the right wing, can't remember which foot he hit it with, almost certain it was his right, though his left is pretty decent IRL anyway.

Last edited:
Well without a doubt it's simply a case of the guy having access to a preview build, he made the international transfers himself, and then EA remove the video because they don't want it to clearly show how it's possible to "circumvent" the non-license from the Dutch FA.

Well without a doubt it's simply a case of the guy having access to a preview build, he made the international transfers himself, and then EA remove the video because they don't want it to clearly show how it's possible to "circumvent" the non-license from the Dutch FA.

Great theory !

Everything relating to it on the EA forums is being removed and the forum members warned so... Says something to me...

HOLLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28007wg.gif

Back
Top Bottom